Dr. Bruce Edelman, MD

Dr. Bruce Edelman, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Bruce Edelman, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in East Brunswick, NJ. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 33 years.

B3 Cornwall Dr

East Brunswick, NJ 08816

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Amerihealth
  • CareOregon
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice

Learn about Dr. Edelman

See how frequently Dr. Edelman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Nosebleed
Earwax Buildup
Ear Disorders

Dr. Edelman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)

• Otolaryngology

• Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Geographic Tongue
  • Salivary Gland Stones and Inflammation
  • Sinusitis
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Sore Throat
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Thyroid Cancer
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Cervical Lymph Node Dissection
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Excision of Tracheal Tumor or Stenosis
  • Excision or Destruction of Tongue Lesion
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Princeton University
  • Montefiore M C H&L Moses Division
  • Nyu Hospitals Center
  • Children's National Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1991

Dr. Edelman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Edelman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Edelman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Edelman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Edelman to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Edelman's Performance
in Rumson NJ |
I am a pharmacist and found out about Dr Edelman from my patients. I have severe nose bleeds 1-2 hours. I went to him in the ER . Amazing doctor Took wonderful care of me. This is about 15 years ago, Very thankful for his compassion and expertise I always recommend him to any one in need of a great ENT
Hillsborough, NJ |
I had never gone to a ear/nose/throat specialist before. When I went to see Dr. Edelman, I could barely talk and was not able to swallow. Dr. Edelman examined me and immediately sent me to ICU. Well, that saved my life because I was diagnosed with 2 brain aneurisms. I can't be more grateful!
in Hillsborough, NJ |
Dr. Edelman has been treating ear, nose and throat issues for myself and my family for more than 25 years. First recommended to me by a family member (a nurse in his hospital) I have eagerly recommended him to all in need of a good ENT doc. Over the years, he has performed many surgical procedures (all with great results) for myself and family members, BUT only after exhausting every other possible form of treatment. He is not only a very smart and caring doctor, but he is a genuinely nice guy.
in Somerset, NJ |
Dr. Edelman has been caring for my 21 yr old daughter with Down Syndrome from birth. As a toddler, appointments were difficult for her. Dr. E and the staff were patient and efficient. Dr. E was also great with her multiple surgeries, ensuring that I was well informed. As a young adult now very comfortable with appointments, Dr. E takes time to ensure that she is part of the discussion and treatment plan. I recommend Dr. E without reservation, especially for patients with special needs.
in Somerset, NJ |
I first met Dr. Edelman over 6 years ago with severe sinus problems. I was miserable and desperately needed help. Since I've been with Dr. Edelman for the past 6 years, my severe sinus problems have been maintained and under control. My polyps and sinus problems will probably never go away but under the direction of Dr. Edelman caring, thoughtful and professional help, I will never have the acute sinus problems I had before. Thank you Dr. Edelman!
in Old Bridge, NJ |
I highly recommend Dr Edelman to everyone. I was referred to him by my family doctor for a serious balance disorder and I couldn't be more thankful. My life changed when I came under his care and because of him I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel. He is one of the few dr. that actually care, spends time w/ you and strives to partner w/ you to heal you. His knowledge is unsurpassed, hetc truly is a miracle worker. Thank you Dr Edelman, I can't praise you enough.
Dr. Edelman has been treating me and family members for many years and hands-down one of the best medical doctors I have seen. His demeanor and bed-side manner is calm, positive, thorough, attentive, flexible, and personal. I find that doctors usually are rushed when visiting their patients, but not with Dr. Edelman. I would definitely recommend this practice to anyone that values their health and wants a doctor that’s intelligent, empowering, and loves what he does. 10 stars in my book!!
in Milltown, NJ |
I have been a patient for almost 2 years. Dr. Edelman took me as an emergency referral and I received excellent care. He is cautious in treatment plans and honest about your situation. He is likeable and remembers personal stories about his patients.
in East Brunswick, NJ |
I have been a patient of dr Edelman for many years. He has been wonderful at taking care of my Ent issues. I have refered many of my friends and family to dr.Edelman and all feel the same.I felt that I should be sharing this with the public who are looking for a very good Ent doctor like i was . The office staff are very professional and happy to schedule your visit to meet your time frame. hope you take my suggestion on this referral and you will be as happy as I was.
Morganville, NJ |
I highly recommend Dr. Edelman. He treated my children in the past. Recently I was the patient. He did a thorough exam and carefully explained the diagnosis and how I can manage the problem through modifications in my diet. His staff was friendly and courteous. Making an appointment was easy.
Asbury Park, NJ |
I would not recommend him as a ENT. I went to him to have my ears checked he said he saw some wax. Told me to sit perfectly still and I would be ok, he placed a tool in my ear then started to remove the wax I was in excruciating pain did not move. he proceeded to the other ear. I was then sent down to the first floor for a hearing test. I was bleeding from my right ear. They sent me back up stairs he look at it flushed ear. I was bleeding in both my ears I now have ringing in my ears and pain.
in East Brunswick, NJ |
I think these negative reviews are absolutely absurd. My entire family has been going to Bruce Edelman for years and hold him and his staff in the very highest regard on every consideration. Also, I have several friends who have been seeing him for years and would also give him the very highest recommendations.
in Denville, NJ |
DO NOT GO TO HIM, THE WORST! Ive never written a review but must warn others.He is rude, abusive and doesn't listen. Every word of negative reviews is true & then some. He has a script and he cannot deviate from it even to answer a question-U R told to stop interrupting. He scolds you for not behaving & if u try talking over him he accuses u of yelling-when he is the one yelling. if u don't "behave" he says u have an anger problem. Insists diagnosis is right even if you don't have the symptoms.
East Brunswick |
Saw Dr. Edelman and I must agree with all the other negative reviews. He is nasty, short tempered, verbally abusive and has no business treating patients. He makes no apologies for his apparent distane for sick people looking for compassionate medical care. He is arrogant and cold. If you can, find someone else, especially if your sick, scared and worried as he had no regard for his patients feelings. Read the other reviews and trust them, as they are true. Bad temperament, would not recommend!
Each time we have waited well over an hour and a half to even set foot in an exam room. Staff is rude and unapologetic when asked abt the long wait time. The office is cramped and dingy- it's supposed to be a pediatric waiting room!!!
I had to wait almost two hours in the waiting room then I was placed in a exam room for another hour while I could hear Dr Edelman talking into a dictaphone. Finally he came in to see me. No apologies whatsoever. This man is very rude, hostile, and inconsiderate .
in New Brunswick new jersey |
After waiting for over an hour with no apology he was curt rude condescending and insulted me by calling me a 3 yr old because I was nervous about a very uncomfortable procedure. My daughter saw him as an emergency patient 14 yrs ago and I thought the same thing. Mistakenly I though he had grown as a doctor and a person, I was wrong. He may be book smart but I will not see him again very unprofessional a shame because he may be a good doctor just not very human.
Have you seen Dr. Bruce Edelman, MD?
Are you Dr. Edelman?

Saint Peter's University Hospital
254 Easton Ave
New Brunswick, NJ 08901

Ear, Nose, and Throat
Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)
Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery