Dr. Bruce Drummond, MD

Obstetrics & GynecologyMaleAge 56

Dean Clinic East

1821 S Stoughton Rd Madison, WI 53716

Dr. Bruce Drummond, MD is a Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist in Madison, WI and has over 28 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Drummond has more experience with Obstetric Care, Gynecologic Surgery, and Gynecologic Care than other specialists in his area. He graduated from University of Wisconsin School of Medicine medical school in 1993. He is affiliated with medical facilities Ssm Health Saint Clare Hospital Baraboo and Ssm Health Saint Mary's Hospital Madison. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Drummond to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Wisconsin

Frequently Treated by Dr. Drummond

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Drummond treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Drummond treats other conditions, please contact the office at (608) 260-6000.

Obstetric Care

Obstetric care specialists focus on the health of both mother and baby during pregnancy and through labor and delivery, including prenatal screening, treatment of complications, and vaginal or C-section delivery.Compare with other Obstetric Care specialists.

Dr. Drummond typically treats 83% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 9 conditions and procedures

Rh Incompatibility Screening
C-Section
Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
Coagulation Defects in Pregnancy and Postpartum

Gynecologic Surgery

Gynecologic surgery treats conditions affecting the female reproductive system, including cancer, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, and uterine fibroids through procedures such as hysterectomy, tumor removal, and myomectomy.Compare with other Gynecologic Surgery specialists.

Dr. Drummond typically treats 77% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 9 conditions and procedures

Colporrhaphy
Removal of Reproductive Organs (Hysterectomy, Oophorectomy, Salpingectomy, Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Resection of Peritoneal Malignancy)
Hysterectomy - Open
Incontinence Sling Procedure

Gynecologic Care

Gyncologists diagnose and treat conditions that affect any part of the female reproductive system, such as vaginitis, uterine fibroids, endometriosis, or polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).Compare with other Gynecologic Care specialists.

Dr. Drummond typically treats 71% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 11 conditions and procedures

Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
Uterine Prolapse
Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders

Gynecologic Oncology

Oncologists diagnose and treat cancers of the female reproductive system, including ovarian cancer, uterine cancer, and cervical cancer, through chemotherapy, radiation, surgery, or targeted cancer therapy.Compare with other Gynecologic Oncology specialists.

Dr. Drummond typically treats 64% more often than similar doctors

• Colpopexy
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Dilation and Curettage
  • Gynecologic Cancer Screening
  • Hemorrhoids
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • Hormone Replacement Therapy
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Human Papillomavirus DNA Testing
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Lymphadenectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Nausea
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Uterine Diseases
  • Uterine Fibroids
  • Uterine Prolapse
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Vulvar Cancer
  • Vulvectomy
  • Wound Repair
  • Yeast Infections

Dr. Drummond accepts

Dr. Drummond accepts the following insurance:

Balanced Blue Access-WI PPO
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Drummond's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Drummond

Dr. Drummond?
  • Listened & answered questions (42)
  • Staff friendliness (42)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (41)
  • Appointment was rushed (2)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (2)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (2)
Dr. Drummond provided options, with clear and concise language, for addressing my issues. I chose a surgical mitigation and he performed the surgery. I am very pleased with the results. He was professional, personable, clear with his explanations and patient.
Nov 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Drummond, MD?
I give Dr. Drummond & his staff a 5+ rating. I had laparoscopic surgery for a pelvic prolapse, mass removal and vaginal suspension surgery in May 2020 during the COVID-19 pandemic. Surgery went well. My overnight stay at the hospital was a positive experience thanks to the wonderful, caring staff. From my consultation through my post-op visit I felt heard, important & that I was receiving excellent care. Thanks for the calls, information & patience with answering my many questions. I appreciate how you made me feel at ease & well informed. I tend to get nervous & anxious. You helped me through a stressful time. Thank you, Dr. Drummond. I highly recommend you & your staff. My quality of life has greatly improved! Stay safe & healthy!
Georgia ???? – Jul 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Drummond, MD?
I went for a consultation for a uncomfortable issue and he made me feel so comfortable and at ease. He is down to earth and explained everything in easy to understand terms. He took his time showing me photos and making sure I understood all my options. He recommended surgery and I trusted him wholeheartedly. My surgery with him went very well and recovery is better than expected. Because of him my life has completely changed for the better. I am so grateful for what he done to improve my life.
Donna – Mar 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Drummond, MD?
After months of bleeding following an incomplete D&C by another physician, Dr. Drummond diagnosed the problem as another uterine polyp and solved it with outpatient surgery. His nurses Sue and Libby were kind and knowledgeable. Dr. Drummond took time to explain options beforehand and to be sure I understood everything afterwards. A nurse called me the day after surgery and I felt well taken care of.
McFarland, WI – Oct 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Drummond, MD?
I saw Dr. Drummond to have a Bladder sling procedure. He and his staff were very caring and extremely through with all information prior to the surgery. I have had an excellent outcome. I would recommend Dr. Drummond and this procedure to anyone who is have bladder leaks.
Dawn B in WI – Sep 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Drummond, MD?
Saw Dr. Drummond on the recommendation of my primary physician for a follow up of an irregular pap. During a grueling pelvic exam he kept complaining about my "small cervix" as though it was my fault, actually muttering and cursing at times. Had a further procedure under general anesthetic due to my cervical short comings. I was supposed to see him for a followup in 6 mos. That was a year ago and I'm actually AFRAID to go back. I'm doctor-phobic anyway and that 1st exam was HORRIBLE.
TS – Aug 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Drummond, MD?
I have suffered with stress incontinence since the birth of my daughter - 15 years ago! I guess I'm the proverbial frog in the pot of boiling water. There isn't enough room in this review to explain, but, if you are reading this, you "get it." I complained to my GP for years & she brushed it aside. A friend told me Dean has a Gyno Urologist on staff. I had no idea such a specialist exists! A 30 minute surgery & my life changed! I just ran 5 miles. I can sneeze, laugh & do jumping jacks!
Romney in Waunakee, WI – May 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Drummond, MD?
Dr. Drummond explained everything to me about the procedure and what to expect very throughly! Took his time with me. Very nice and easy to talk with. I would definitely recommend him to my friends!
Jenny in Poynette wi – Oct 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Drummond, MD?
I highly recommend both the mesh surgery and Dr. Drummond. My life has changed with this surgery. At 52 and entering full menopause, my bladder took a turn for the worse. I found myself wanting to cry talking about my symptoms and did not want to hear I need to do Kegels. Dr Drummond took me through various choices and I knew surgery was my best bet. Everything went so smooth and so easy I would do it again it a heart beat with Dr. Drummond and his team. Thank you for the great care..
Sherri in Madison, WI – Jun 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Drummond, MD?
I had prolapse surgery and wish I had done it sooner. Nothing but good to say about Dr. Drummond and the whole staff!
Debra Chapman in Platteville, WI – Apr 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Drummond, MD?
I would and have recommeded Dr Drummond to family and friends. He did my surgery in Feb 2017, he explained everything in detail and took the time to be sure I understood everything. Dr Drummond never made me feel like he was rushed and didn't have time for my questions, including post op check up six weeks later. He is very knowledgeable, kind and caring. Also his staff at the East clinic is amazing, they also made me comfortable with embarassing tests that needed to be done related to surgery.
Rochelle Scott in Delavan, WI – Mar 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Drummond, MD?
How do you only rate the Dr that gave you your life back a (5) you can't. That's exactly what Dr. Drummond did for me. I had surgery in late January and a very successful surgery. He has the best bed side manner, looks you in the eyes when he speaks and explains everything in great detail. I don't think i have had a better medical team on my side including Sue and Libby they are all absoulutley wonderful. I would highly recommend Dr. Drummond. In my eye's and Dave's you deserve a (10).
Kelly H in Mcfarland – Feb 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Drummond, MD?
I had never heard of urogynecology before I met Dr. Drummond. After having tried several alternatives for bladder (urgency/leaking) issues, he recommended the option of inter-stim therapy. It has been a month since I had the procedure/implant. I cannot believe the difference it has made in my daily life. I no longer have any bladder issues whatsoever. Unbelievable! If you have bladder issues of any kind, talk to Dr. Drummond. He and his staff are exceptional.
RSO in Milton, WI – Feb 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Drummond, MD?
Total hysterectomy Jan3,2017. He is very friendly and knowledgeable of women's issues. I was in good hands. No complications during or after surgery. Pain was very minimal, he managed my pain very well after going home. Wish i had seen him before seeing a different doctor.
Tammy Jones in Beloit, WI – Feb 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Drummond, MD?
Dr. Drummond, Sue and all the staff are amazing! They are all truly interested in helping you with whatever your concerns are. I have been seeing Dr. D for almost 20 years and he has helped me through several obstacles, the latest was surgery for stress incontinence. I am so thankful for his wonderful bedside manner, listening skills, and his amazing surgical skills. I highly recommend him for women of all ages.
Carol in Sun Prairie, WI – Jan 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Drummond, MD?
Knowledgeable, warm and good humored. Took care of business efficiently and with a smile
Madison WI – Jan 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Drummond, MD?
Dr. Drummond and his staff were amazing! They took the time to listen to my concerns, my past history, and gave thorough explanations to all of my options and allowed me to make an informed decision to have surgery. He and his staff were very attentive to my needs and made sure my surgery and post op care was the best I could have. I would highly recommend Dr. Drummond for any Uro-Gyn needs. He has made a positive difference in my mental and physical health.
Deanna in Madison, WI – Sep 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Drummond, MD?
I'm a RN & a former hospital administrator w high expectations and unknown to this MD prior to choosing him for his expertise in the uro-gyn field. In both my professional & personal experiences, I have never come across a MD who was as attentive & thorough in his examinations, explanations & listening skills as he was. He uses diagrams to teach, tracks & cites his own statistical outcomes & genuinely cares about his patients and improving their lives. Staff are knowledgable, helpful & caring
AT in Madison, WI – May 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Drummond, MD?
I would definitely recommend Dr. Drummond to others. His expertise in determining necessary surgical procedures is most highly trusted. And obviously his expertise in performing those procedures is superb because I now feel like a new woman. His bedside manner is impeccable and he and staff are always available for questions or concerns.
Kay Ringelstetter in Prairie du Sac, WI – Apr 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Drummond, MD?
Dr. Drummond listened closely to all of my concerns, and let me play a major role in the decision to have surgery. The surgery went incredibly well, and I can't recommend him enough to women in need of urogynecoligical care.
Kate in Verona, WI – Apr 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bruce Drummond, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Drummond?

• Obstetrics & Gynecology