Dr. Bruce Caruana, MD

Dr. Bruce Caruana, MD

Gastroenterology  ·
Dr. Bruce Caruana, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Wyomissing, PA and has been practicing for 29 years. He graduated from University Of Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, Faculty Of Medicine in 1983 and specializes in gastroenterology.Read his story

1011 Reed Ave Ste 300

Wyomissing, PA 19610

• Amerihealth
  • Capital Blue Cross
  • CoreSource
  • Devon Health
  • Gateway Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Caruana

See how frequently Dr. Caruana performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
Gastrointestinal Diseases
Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Dr. Caruana's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Caruana's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Caruana "Our doctors know a healing environment is one that provides comfort and inspires confidence. That is why we believe in partnering with our patients to ensure your experience meets that expectation. It starts with the one-on-one care of our physicians and staff, and is supported by our state of the art facilities, the latest in medical procedures, and ongoing care and education extended to you and your family."

This content was provided by Dr. Caruana "When you have digestive or liver problems, you need a gastroenterologist who listens and responds—a doctor who knows the field and can effectively diagnose, treat, and improve the quality of your health."

• Gastroenterology

• Gastroenterology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Long Island University / Brooklyn Campus
  • Hahnemann University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987
  • Montefiore Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Caruana has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Caruana does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Caruana and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Caruana's Reviews

3.7
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Caruana to family and friends

Dr. Caruana's Performance

The doctor basically told me I needed to find a hobby instead of trying to find what is causing my daughter's pain and nausea! Extremely unprofessional
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

We are saddened to hear about your negative experience at our office. If you would like to discuss this situation further, please call our practice manager at 610-374-4401 x155. We can also assist you in finding a physician that would better fit your needs.

Excellent gastroenterologist who explains everything very well. I would definitely refer my friends and family members.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Thank you for your kind review, Kathy!

I love Dr. Caruana! I have been seeing him for many years and he is the person That found my gastroparesis when everyone else thought I was just being anorexic or bulimic. He is also treating me for my primary biliary cirrhosis and I wouldn't have it any other way! He is truly a Doctor Who cares...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review, Doreen!

I have been a patient of Dr.Caruana for almost 4 years after having a severe attack of Diverticulitis.At every office visit he was genuinely concerned about any questions that I may have had.I cant thank him enough for all that he's done to get me back to health.Moving to Florida soon and will miss...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Caruana is a very caring, kind doctor. I have been his patient for many years and he always treats me well. He will discuss what he would like to do to treat my conditions and is very responsive to my input and needs.