Dr. Bruce Branin, DO

Dr. Bruce Branin, DO

Family Medicine  |
Dr. Bruce Branin, DO is a family medicine doctor who practices in Gainesville, FL. He is 66 years old and has been practicing for 40 years. Read his story

4611 NW 53rd Ave

Gainesville, FL 32653

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Branin

Dr. Branin's Experience

Dr. Branin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice and Family Practice/OMT

Dr. Branin's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Branin "Dr. Bruce K. Branin is a Board Certified Family Physician with over 30 years of experience. He came to Florida in 1999 with his wife and 3 children. After working for AvMed, he started Alliance Family Physicians in 2003. Prior to coming to Florida he was a Family Physician and Administrator for the Geisinger/Penn State Medical Center in Pennsylvania for 15 years. Dr Branin is focused on preventive and holistic patient care, believing in treating the "whole" person. In addition to Family Practice, he runs Clinical Research Trials, and has a busy Weight Loss and Aesthetics Practice. Dr Branin and our other Alliance Family Physician's providers are accepting new patients at this time."

This content was provided by Dr. Branin "It makes a difference when your physician is trained to truly listen. To pay more attention to you than your chart. To take the time to get to know you as a whole person. Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine are complete physicians who practice in every medical specialty. DOs are trained to first consider the person within the patient. Dr Branin believes that there's more to good health than the absence of pain or disease. Both he and the other providers at Alliance Family Physicians strive to help patients be truly healthy in mind, body and spirit. We don't see patients. We see people.

Dr Branin practices contemporary Medicine with a holistic approach, believing that disease effects the "whole" person. We will do everything we can to meet your needs & expectations. Family Physicians are trained in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Gynecology, Office Skin Cancer Surgery, Psychiatry Family Counseling, and much more. It is the only medical specialty whose physicians are trained to offer comprehensive care to all patients."

• Adult Allergy

• Angina and Acute Coronary Syndrome
  • Aortic Aneurysm
  • Aortic Valve Disease
  • Arrhythmias
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Atrial Fibrillation
  • Bronchitis
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Chest Pain
  • Cholesterol Diseases
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dermatitis
  • Diabetes Mellitus, Secondary
  • Diabetes Type 2
  • Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
  • Diabetic Ketoacidosis
  • Emphysema
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Eye Infections
  • Hyperthyroidism
  • Hyposmolality and Hyponatremia
  • Hypotension
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Infectious Diseases
  • Injuries
  • Itchy Skin
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lupus
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menopause
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Mitral Valve Disease
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Pneumonia
  • Pollen Allergy
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Postnasal Drip
  • Rash
  • Raynaud's Disease
  • Seborrheic Dermatitis
  • Second-Degree Burns
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Shingles

• Jfk Memorial
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1978
  • University Of Medicine and Dentistry Of New Jersey
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1983

Dr. Branin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Branin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Branin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Branin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Branin to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Branin Says:

We are grateful for all the kind comments our patients have made. It makes it all worth the hard work.

Dr. Branin's Performance
Gainesville |
I've been going to his practice for at least the last 10 years. Dr. Branin is not personable, has no patience, and comes into the office for 10-15 mins to say “hi and bye”, and the appointment is over. He literally wants to get you in and out as fast as he can. In my experiences with him, he does not listen to his patient's problems/issues. He will not treat you for more than a single issue at a time "because of insurance purposes".
in Gainesville, Florida |
Very thorough, knowledgeable, personable. Staff are friendly and professional. Love your old time family doc.
in Gainesville FL |
Easy to work with. Takes plenty of time during visits. Very happy
in Branford FL |
Dr. Branin and his staff are very friendly and professional. I have been his patient for several years and he always listens to my concerns, and gives me concise and accurate information. He doesn't waste time, but does not rush either. He doesn't do unnecessary tests and his diagnosis is always spot on. He also has a great sense of humor which is a plus!
in Gainesville, FL |
It is so refreshing to have a Dr. with the emphasis on family. Scheduling appointments is easy, the office is clean and bright, the staff is very friendly, wait time is minimum. They spend time with you and ask questions as to how you are doing and take the time to listen. You can tell they are concerned about your reason for being there. They explain the condition, offer several avenues of treatment and most importantly, they listen. I highly recommend Dr. Branin and staff.
Nashville, TN |
I did not see Dr. Branin. I was seen by the ARNP. First, the staff member at the front desk was extremely rude. I was late by 4 minutes due to my first time coming to this office and getting lost. She told me that I would interfere with her lunch and I wasn't going to be seen and to reschedule. My appointment was at 11:30. I arrived at 11:24. I rescheduled for later in the day only to have a terrible experience. I left flustered and in tears. Do not come here.
in Gainesville, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Branin for many many years. I have never had anything but good experience with the entire staff. Dr. Branin diagnosed my hyperparathyroidism and referred me to a specialist for surgery after regular blood work and physical exam. I have continually gone to Alliance Med Center for my regular visits and immediate illness. They are very well organized and do an excellent job in all areas
Fl |
Rude receptionists; nearly impossible to get anyone on the phone when calling the office. The voicemail cycles over and over because the mailboxes to leave a message is always full. This is ridiculous!
gainesville, fl |
I continue to see Dr. Branin for my general health issues. He appears to be a well knowlegded, conciensious, and caring doctor. I highly recommend him.
in Gainesville, FL |
A wonderful, caring doctor who actually takes the time to know you and treat you as a person and not rush you through your appointment. I wouldn't go to anyone else.
in Gainesville, Fl |
Always been there for us since moving to Florida in 2011. Often we needed to see Dr Branin , or Autumn , or Joe without an appointment and they always found a way to accommodate us.
in Gainesville, FL |
I am very pleased with my experience at Dr Branin office,it is a world away from any other doctor office knowing that you are in a good hand and they genuinely care about you. i would certainly recommend Dr Branin to everyone.
Gainesville, FL |
Dr. Branin and his staff are great. I highly recommend them.
in Gainesville, FL |
If you are looking for a Primary Care doc that you can build a relationship of trust with and rely on to give you personal attention and care you will not find a better one than Doc Branin in Gainesville. He has been my doctor for more than 15 years and I feel like he is a trusted friend and advisor and truly cares about my health and well-being. For people that feel like doctors don't care as much any more with all of the pressures they face, try Doc Branin and see for yourself what he's like!
in Interlachen |
I would highly recommend Dr. Branin. Both my husband and I see him and our daughter is also a patient.
in Gainesville, FL |
I've been a patient of Dr. Branin for a few years, as are my husband and children. Dr. Branin and his staff are always professional and thorough. I find their staff to be friendly and helpful. My questions are always answered and they are quick to call back when I've left a message. Thank you to Dr. Branin and his staff!
Gainesville, FL |
Great facility, never have to wait long, an ease working w the staff. Would recommend to anyone ??
in Gainesville, FL |
The staff are allways pleasant and respectful. Never a bad experience in the years I've been with Dr. Branin.
in Gainesville, FL |
Kathryn, the medical assistant is amazing and extremely caring towards patients. Dr Branin is also very caring and helpful.
in gainesville, florida |
Waited 2 weeks to see dr Branin, only to see a PA. Never saw the dr and was not told about this when the appointment was made. Very unprofessional.
I'm sorry this situation occurred. I unfortunately was not made aware of it at the time, and I can assure you that this kind of situation will be corrected as I believe that if a patient wants to see me that it in fact occurs. My sincere apologizes.
in Gainesville, FL |
Dr. Branin takes his time to listen to your reason to visit the doctor. He is thorough and is friendly and knowledgeable.
Gainesville, FL |
Yesterday I had an appointment with Dr. Branin. I felt as if I was rushed through my appointment with him (in and out within 10 minutes). I had questions to ask however, after taking my vitals and mentioning one concern, he left to go get a referral for me and instead the nurse practitioner came back with the referral and wrapped up my visit within the 10 minutes. I heard Dr. Branin in the next room laughing and talking with a different patient. I felt as if my needs were not met.
Sorry and thanks for the feedback. I enjoy all of my patients and you may here me laughing from time to time. We will try to improve this situation. Unfortunately since the government has made us use electronic medical records the majority of visits these days take a minimum of 5 or more minutes to document.
in Gainesville, FL |
I have been seeing Dr Branin for many years and have all the confidence in him as a doctor. I have had several issues in the last few years and with Dr Branin's knowledge, each one had a positive outcome.
in Gainesville Florida |
Dr. Been Is .an excellent and caring physician. My care was prompt, attentive, and effective.
in Alachua |
This office has always been great. Easy to make appointments and quick to see you when you get in!
Have you seen Dr. Bruce Branin, DO?

See our Family Medicine Specialists at North Florida Regional Medical Center