Dr. Bruce Baker, MD

Dr. Bruce Baker, MD

Nephrology  ·
Dr. Bruce Baker, MD is a nephrology specialist in Lewisville, TX and has been practicing for 29 years. He graduated from University Of Texas Medical School At Houston in 1984 and specializes in nephrology and internal medicine.Read his story

1600 Waters Ridge Dr Ste A

Lewisville, TX 75057

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice
  • Galaxy Health Network

Learn about Dr. Baker

See how frequently Dr. Baker performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hypertension
Kidney Disease
Mineral Metabolism Disorders
high

Dr. Baker's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Baker's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Baker "I am a native of Dallas, Texas and a graduate of Justin F. Kimball High School in Oak Cliff. After completing my undergraduate studies at the University of Texas at Arlington I received a Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. I completed an internship and residency in Internal Medicine at the University of Texas Medical School and Affiliated Hospital in Houston. I returned to Dallas in 1987 and completed my specialty training in Nephrology at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School and Parkland Hospital of Dallas. I have been in private practice since 1989. I primarily manage the health care for patients with kidney disease. This includes patients with chronic kidney disease, hypertension, diabetes and patients who are currently on dialysis or who have received a kidney transplant. I am a founding member of North Texas Kidney Disease Associates and currently serve as the Medical Director for the Renal Center of Lewisville. I have served as Chief of Staff at the Medical Center of Lewisville. I currently manage hospitalized patients at the Medical Center of Lewisville and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Flower Mound, Texas. I have had the honor of being voted one of D Magazine's best doctors in 2008 and 2009. I love being a physician. I am the first person in my family to be a physician. The medical education that I received has been nothing short of phenomenal. I cherish the relationships that I have with my patients and their families, my associates and staff, physician colleagues, nursing staff, and other health care workers. All of the physicians of North Texas Kidney Disease Associates strive to be the premier providers of comprehensive health care services for patients with kidney disease. We will deliver health care of the highest quality in a professional, compassionate and individualized manner designed to promote mutual respect and foster strong doctor-patient relationships."

This content was provided by Dr. Baker "I am proud to be practicing medicine as a Nephrologist with North Texas Kidney Disease Associates. As a practice, we strive to be the industry leader in the provision of high quality healthcare services to patients with kidney disease. We make it our priority to remain on the cutting edge of best practices within the industry, and foster a team-based approach to healthcare in order to provide the best experience and quality of care for each of our patients."

• Nephrology

• University of Texas Medical School at Houston and Affiliated Hospitals
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987
  • University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Baker has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Baker does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Baker and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Baker's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Baker to family and friends

Dr. Baker's Performance

Very thorough and easy to understand
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I love that Dr Baker explains everything in a way that's easy to understand.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I have been a patient of Dr. Baker for five years. He worked with me for almost 18 months with my diabetes and blood pressure and stayed focused until we finally got my labs under control. His dedication to my questions and treatment was excellent. I have recommended Dr. Baker to several of my...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
dr.Baker took the time to explain the medicine i'm taking and how it worked in my system, he's truly an asset to the clinic.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Baker is a very good doctor. I am so glad that I found him.I would certainly say that if any one is having kidney problems they should see Dr. Baker. I trust him completely.
Are you Dr. Baker?