Dr. Bruce H. Baker, MD

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Baker's Experience

100Experience
Match

See how Dr. Baker's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Baker

Dr. Baker accepts 28 insurance carriers

28 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Baker has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Baker

Dr. Baker's Review Details
5 based on 4 responses
Experience with Dr. Baker
Dr. Baker's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (4)
in Lewisville, TX |
My experience with Dr. Bruce Baker has been life-changing, for the good. I have end-stage kidney disease, and he has treated and consulted me with the greatest of personal care and professional expertise. When I went to Dr. Baker, I felt I was near death. He offered me options that have given me a different outlook on life; and I am feeling better than I had felt in years before seeing him. I was not expecting miracles when I went to him for a second opinion, but feel he has provided one.
in Carrollton, TX |
I love seeing Dr Bruce Baker. He is very caring and always explains everything to me. Makes you feel like you have always known him. Helps me understand how everything to do with the Thyroid and Kidneys work. Thank you Dr Baker! He is a A+ doctor! Glad my PCP sent me here. Linda Starnes
in Flower Mound, TX |
Great knowledge of nephrology and medicine in general, keeps up with latest options for treatment, answers all questions, and works hard to solve problems while offering suggestions for improved health. Dr. Baker has taken care of me for 7 years and he has a staff that is very efficient. I see other specialist but he is the best..
in Coppell, TX |
I have been with Dr Baker for over 15 years now. He is more than just my nephrologist. As a 34 year kidney transplant survivor, I consult with him on all health related issues. He has been great in asking me an important question when addressing care issues, What do YOU want? How do you want a particular issue to impact your life? He then provides evidence based recommendations and we decide together how to move forward. Very refreshing to see this consultative approach to medicine and life.
Have you seen Dr. Baker?
Are you Dr. Baker? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Baker

More Nephrology Specialists like Dr. Baker at North Texas Kidney Disease Associates

• Nephrology

Why It Matters: Dr. Baker's Board Certifications

• Nephrology

• Acute Kidney Failure
  • Anemia
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Glomerulonephritis

University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas

Completed in 1989

University Of Texas Arlington

Graduated in 1980

Dr. Baker has no media or publications listed.

Memberships & Affiliations

Dr. Baker does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Baker and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Baker's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Nephrology
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Baker

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Baker's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)

Experience with Dr. Baker

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Baker says...

I am a native of Dallas, Texas and a graduate of Justin F. Kimball High School in Oak Cliff. After completing my undergraduate studies at the University of Texas at Arlington I received a Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. I completed an internship and residency in Internal Medicine at the University of Texas Medical School and Affiliated Hospital in Houston. I returned to Dallas in 1987 and completed my specialty training in Nephrology at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School and Parkland Hospital of Dallas.

I have been in private practice since 1989. I primarily manage the health care for patients with kidney disease. This includes patients with chronic kidney disease, hypertension, diabetes and patients who are currently on dialysis or who have received a kidney transplant. I am a founding member of North Texas Kidney Disease Associates and currently serve as the Medical Director for the Renal Center of Lewisville. I have served as Chief of Staff at the Medical Center of Lewisville. I currently manage hospitalized patients at the Medical Center of Lewisville and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Flower Mound, Texas.

I have had the honor of being voted one of D Magazine's best doctors in 2008 and 2009.

I love being a physician. I am the first person in my family to be a physician. The medical education that I received has been nothing short of phenomenal. I cherish the relationships that I have with my patients and their families, my associates and staff, physician colleagues, nursing staff, and other health care workers.

All of the physicians of North Texas Kidney Disease Associates strive to be the premier providers of comprehensive health care services for patients with kidney disease. We will deliver health care of the highest quality in a professional, compassionate and individualized manner designed to promote mutual respect and foster strong doctor-patient relationships.

Dr. Baker's Care Philosophy

I am proud to be practicing medicine as a Nephrologist with North Texas Kidney Disease Associates. As a practice, we strive to be the industry leader in the provision of high quality healthcare services to patients with kidney disease. We make it our priority to remain on the cutting edge of best practices within the industry, and foster a team-based approach to healthcare in order to provide the best experience and quality of care for each of our patients.