Dr. Bruce Baker, MD

Dr. Bruce Baker, MD

Nephrology  |
Dr. Bruce Baker, MD is a nephrology doctor who practices in Lewisville, TX. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 33 years. Read his story

1600 Waters Ridge Dr Ste A

Lewisville, TX 75057

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice
  • Galaxy Health Network

Learn about Dr. Baker

See how frequently Dr. Baker performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hypertension
Kidney Disease
Mineral Metabolism Disorders
high

Dr. Baker's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Baker's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Baker "I am a native of Dallas, Texas and a graduate of Justin F. Kimball High School in Oak Cliff. After completing my undergraduate studies at the University of Texas at Arlington I received a Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. I completed an internship and residency in Internal Medicine at the University of Texas Medical School and Affiliated Hospital in Houston. I returned to Dallas in 1987 and completed my specialty training in Nephrology at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School and Parkland Hospital of Dallas. I have been in private practice since 1989. I primarily manage the health care for patients with kidney disease. This includes patients with chronic kidney disease, hypertension, diabetes and patients who are currently on dialysis or who have received a kidney transplant. I am a founding member of North Texas Kidney Disease Associates and currently serve as the Medical Director for the Renal Center of Lewisville. I have served as Chief of Staff at the Medical Center of Lewisville. I currently manage hospitalized patients at the Medical Center of Lewisville and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Flower Mound, Texas. I have had the honor of being voted one of D Magazine's best doctors in 2008 and 2009. I love being a physician. I am the first person in my family to be a physician. The medical education that I received has been nothing short of phenomenal. I cherish the relationships that I have with my patients and their families, my associates and staff, physician colleagues, nursing staff, and other health care workers. All of the physicians of North Texas Kidney Disease Associates strive to be the premier providers of comprehensive health care services for patients with kidney disease. We will deliver health care of the highest quality in a professional, compassionate and individualized manner designed to promote mutual respect and foster strong doctor-patient relationships."

This content was provided by Dr. Baker "I am proud to be practicing medicine as a Nephrologist with North Texas Kidney Disease Associates. As a practice, we strive to be the industry leader in the provision of high quality healthcare services to patients with kidney disease. We make it our priority to remain on the cutting edge of best practices within the industry, and foster a team-based approach to healthcare in order to provide the best experience and quality of care for each of our patients."

• Nephrology

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
  • Nephrology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Acute Glomerulonephritis
  • Acute Kidney Failure
  • Anemia
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Glomerulonephritis

• University of Texas Medical School at Houston and Affiliated Hospitals
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987
  • University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Baker has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Baker does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Baker and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Baker's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Baker to family and friends
Dr. Baker's Performance
in Arlington, TX |
dr.Baker took the time to explain the medicine i'm taking and how it worked in my system, he's truly an asset to the clinic.
in lewisville, tx |
Dr. Baker is a very good doctor. I am so glad that I found him.I would certainly say that if any one is having kidney problems they should see Dr. Baker. I trust him completely.
Coppell Texas |
Dr. Baker's relaxed manner and professional approach gives me confidence in his guidance and analysis.
Denton, TX |
One of the BEST doctors we have come in contact with in a long time!
in Flower Mound, TX |
Dr Baker is very thorough and always takes the time to explain treatment prescribed and why this course of treatment is necessary. Always willing to answer my questions and to insure I understand my treatment plan.
Austin, TX |
Doctor Baker is great but staff lacks communication between each other. Very poor
Lewisville, TX |
Dr. Baker is an excellent doctor with a very professional attitude.
in Flower Mound, TX |
I believe Dr. Baker is an excellent Physician. He has helped me and I trust him.
in Little Elm, Tx. |
Very professional and very knowledgeable. Staff very friendly. First class doctor.
Lewisville, TX |
I am very pleased with Dr Baker. He listens to all your questions and is very attentive to your concerns. I would recomend him to everyone.
in Lewisville, TX |
My experience with Dr. Bruce Baker has been life-changing, for the good. I have end-stage kidney disease, and he has treated and consulted me with the greatest of personal care and professional expertise. When I went to Dr. Baker, I felt I was near death. He offered me options that have given me a different outlook on life; and I am feeling better than I had felt in years before seeing him. I was not expecting miracles when I went to him for a second opinion, but feel he has provided one.
in Carrollton, TX |
I love seeing Dr Bruce Baker. He is very caring and always explains everything to me. Makes you feel like you have always known him. Helps me understand how everything to do with the Thyroid and Kidneys work. Thank you Dr Baker! He is a A+ doctor! Glad my PCP sent me here. Linda Starnes
in Flower Mound, TX |
Great knowledge of nephrology and medicine in general, keeps up with latest options for treatment, answers all questions, and works hard to solve problems while offering suggestions for improved health. Dr. Baker has taken care of me for 7 years and he has a staff that is very efficient. I see other specialist but he is the best..
in Coppell, TX |
I have been with Dr Baker for over 15 years now. He is more than just my nephrologist. As a 34 year kidney transplant survivor, I consult with him on all health related issues. He has been great in asking me an important question when addressing care issues, What do YOU want? How do you want a particular issue to impact your life? He then provides evidence based recommendations and we decide together how to move forward. Very refreshing to see this consultative approach to medicine and life.
Have you seen Dr. Bruce Baker, MD?
Are you Dr. Baker?