Dr. Brook A. Adams, MD

Dr. Brook A. Adams, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 43 years old

42 reviews| Leave a review

Patient Testimonials

To provide compassionate evidence base medical care to my patients to the best of my ability to help patients get back to work, the sport of their choice or their normal daily activities. My staff also demands the same superior and caring medical treatment from themselves.Read more

Personal Bio

Greetings from Dr. Brook Adams MD After growing up in the DFW metroplex and completing medical school in Houston, I...Read more

Dr. Adams' Experience

See how Dr. Adams' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Adams

Dr. Adams accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Adams has admitting privileges.

Dr. Adams' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Adams to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Adams
Dr. Adams' Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (38)
in Granbury, TX |
When you walk with a boot on your foot, many people ask, “WHAT HAPPENED?” & that gives me a chance to talk about Dr. Adams & to recommend him. He performed a surgery on my foot & it healed well. HIs office is very nice & his staff is always happy & friendly. DR. Adams is easy to talk to & to understand. He takes the time to explain everything & answer every question. It's a bonus that you can walk out of radiology & straight into his office. He is A+.
Ft Worth, TX |
I was very pleased with my first visit. Dr. Adams was professional and thorough in explaining my situation. I left with all my questions answered and am planning on using him for future treatment.
Very good explanation of condition and treatment options in understandable language and manner. Appreciate the friendliness and attentiveness of Dr.Adams and staff.
in Walnut Springs, Texas |
I can not say enough wonderful things about Dr. Adams and his amazing staff! I displaced my ankle and broke not one but two bones in it as well. His office staff worked me into his busy schedule in only a day or two after the accident. He then quickly scheduled surgery to reduce the risk of further injury. The surgical process went off without a hitch and the several months of follow-up have resulted in an excellent recovery. I highly recommend him for all of your orthopedic needs!!
in Granbury, TX |
Dr. Adams presents himself in a very calm and professional manner. Introduces himself as "Brook Adams", not "Doctor". He addresses your condition in layman terms and is easy to understand. There is no pressure to decide on a solution. He lets you make the decisions as to the how and when. He leaves one with the impression that he is confident he can accomplish the task and make you better.
in Granbury, TX |
I would recommend Dr. Adams to family and friends. He was excellent and very professional. Thank you Dr. Adams. Gayle Damron.
in Granbury, TX |
I have no complaints about the care given by Dr. Adams. He is a very caring doctor with his patients welfare always in mind. My surgery was for a shoulder replacement. He made sure that I had support services at home until I was able to drive to a rehab facility.
in GLEN ROSE TEXAS |
after an accident in Arizona we rushed home to find an orthopedic surgeon, and Dr Adams was recommended by a local medical professional who had been a surgical patient of Dr Adams. He immediately worked me into his busy schedule and we have been delighted with his professionalism and care, His staff is courteous and caring, Highly give him a 5 star!
in Granbury,TX |
Thorough exam osteoarthritis in knee and treatment plan implemented
in Granbury, Tx |
Dr. Adams great when I dislocated my patella. He didn't immediately jump to having surgery on it, he waited to see how it heeled on its own. His office has been wonderful every time that I have called or come in. I would 100% recommend Dr. Adams!
in Granbury, TX |
I broke my wrist & am a senior citizen. He was very compassionate, asking questions about my lifestyle & giving me a choice in my treatment. I live a very active lifestyle & work with my hands a lot. Ater listening to the type of things I do with my hands, he said that surgery would make the healing process stronger. He left the choice to me. I chose surgery and feel he did an excellent job. In follow up appointments he is concerned about how I feel about my healing process. He's the best!
in Cresson, TX |
Excellent surgeon, good listener, friendly staff. Was referred to Dr. Adams for my knee surgery and could not be happier. Initial appointment to consultation to surgery and follow up all handled quickly and smoothly. He demonstrates a genuine interest in my care and recovery.
in Stephenville, TX |
Dr. Adams discussed different options with me, I chose to have my knee scoped. I couldn't be more pleased with my results. Two weeks postoperative my knee feels great and no more pain I experienced before surgery. Dr. Adams, office staff and surgical staff were professional and friendly and made for a successful experience start to finish.
in Stephenville Tx |
Need an orthopedic doctor? I would highly recommend Dr. Brook Adams. I couldn't have chosen a more caring orthopedic doctor. When I decided to see Dr. Adams for a possible total knee replacement, he made me feel at ease when we discussed my options, and I decided to proceed with the total knee replacement. I knew I was in good hands after my first visit, his confidence and expertise was evident. I wasn't just a another patient to him, he truly wanted to help me get my life back.
in Glen Rose |
I experienced a spiral fracture of the fibula and was referred by my PCP to Dr.. Adams. I had surgery and all the related followup care. I've know many surgeons personally and professionally and Dr. Adams is a top professional, but more importantly he's a real human being. Dr. Adams, his PA, Jeff, and the rest of his staff made the whole experience much easier by their care both professionally and personally.
in Stephenville tx |
Had bi laderal knee replacement in Dec 2016, excellent care from Dr Adams and all his staff. Highly recommended! Knees are great now. So glad to find Dr Adams. So excited to be able to do stuff with my grandkids. Thank you last few years years have been rough doing simple task.
in Cleburne, TX |
Staff was extremely professional and very polite. Dr. Adams is very informative and took time to answer all my questions and made my husband and I feel very comfortable.
in Granbury, TX |
Swelling in my knee prompted me to schedule an appointment with Dr. Adams, who could see me the same day during a holiday period. With a vacation coming up within a week, this was important! Even better, Dr. Adams took the time to discuss my options and his recommendations, and listen to my concerns. I appreciate a doctor who doesn't push tests, medications, or treatments that are expensive and/or unnecessary. If I ever need orthopedic services again, I will be calling Dr. Brook Adams first.
in Granbury, TX |
I had developed a cyst on the index finger of my right hand, directly opposing my thumb. Due to it's location, normal day-to-day use of my hand irritated the cyst and local skin to frequent discomfort. Dr Adams examined the anomaly, advised me of the dangers and options and helped me arrived at the best approach to the issue. The surgery was scheduled and conducted. I was surprised at the great care, concern and professionalism Dr. Adams and his staff exercised for a great outcome.
in Granbury,Tx. |
Dr. Adams was recommended and I could not be happier. He is very thorough and very personable. I have another surgery scheduled and would recommend him to anyone. I trust him to make the right decisions that are beneficial for me. He also has a very friendly and knowledgeable staff thats ready to help with your needs and answer the questions you may have.
in Granbury, TX |
he is very knowable about injury & treatment . I was treated with great respect &has made me I AM WITH THE CORRECT DR.
in Glen Rose, Texas |
Dr Adams has been a pleasant surprise for both myself and my wife. He has been very efficient and on time with every step of my medical issue. His Office Staff been very good also. I must say he and his office have set a very high standard for customer service and patient care!
in Granbury, TX |
Overall great talented man. I had ACL reconstion surgery with him at the beginning of this year and I'm an active sports player he did such a great job. I'm back playing with no problems, my knee feels great. I recommend all sports players to him.
Stephenville, TX |
Doctor Adams is okay. He is arrogent though doesnt really listen to you. You ask him a question and dont really get an answer. His surgery tech is a jerk and even more arrogant than Doctor Adams. I would not advise him to others.
If this review is real, I am sorry that you had a bad experience. I pride myself on listening to and trying to answer patients' concerns and questions. My staff demands the same from themselves. We try our best to provide compassionate care of the highest quality to all patients.
Have you seen Dr. Brook A. Adams, MD?

Compare Dr. Adams

Dr. Adams says...

Greetings from Dr. Brook Adams MD

After growing up in the DFW metroplex and completing medical school in Houston, I continued on with Orthopaedic Residency training at the University of New Mexico.  This was then followed by additional fellowship training in sports medicine in Jackson, Tn to help me treat many conditions conservatively or with minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery ranging from Rotator Cuff Repair to ACL Reconstruction.  My current practice is now in Granbury, Tx with a satellite clinic location in Stephenville, as well as caring for patients in Glen Rose.  Watch for me on the sidelines assisting with Granbury High School sports coverage throughout the year at home and away games.

I am also well equipped to treat arthritic conditions of the shoulder, hip and knee. There are multiple treatment alternatives to help alleviate symptoms of arthritis to delay the need for joint replacement.  When those options are exhausted, we use various tools to better your results such as use of MRI based custom cutting jigs for the best chance of long term success with your Knee Replacement.  A minimally invasive quadriceps sparing approach is also used to help get you back to your daily activities faster.  Direct Anterior or Anterolateral approaches of total hip arthroplasty are surgical options in my practice for arthritis of the hip.  Anatomic and Reverse shoulder replacements are also performed.  Trauma call is regularly taken at Lake Granbury Medical Center should you or someone you know have an unfortunate accident.

As of July 2014, I am Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery by the ABOS.  I am also an active AAOS fellow and a current member of AOSSM.

My lovely wife, two daughters and I (as well as our dog Charlie) live locally where we enjoy the Granbury lifestyle.  I enjoy golf, tennis and hockey.  We also enjoy skiing and wakesurfing on the lake during the warmer months and snow skiing in winter.

Dr. Adams' Care Philosophy

To provide compassionate evidence base medical care to my patients to the best of my ability to help patients get back to work, the sport of their choice or their normal daily activities.  My staff also demands the same superior and caring medical treatment from themselves.

Dr. Adams says...

I am well equipped to treat sports, degenerative and other related injuries and conditions with conservative and minimally invasive arthroscopic techniques. I also treat arthritis of the knee, hip, shoulder and other joints. Direct Anterior or Anterolateral approaches of total hip arthroplasty are surgical options in my practice for arthritis of the hip. I also perform total knee arthroplasty with custom designed implants templated from MRI scans. Trauma call is regularly taken at Lake Granbury Medical Center.

Dr. Adams' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Adams has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Adams' Board Certifications

• Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hip Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

University of New Mexico School of Medicine

Completed in 2011

Sports Orthopedics and Spine

Completed in 2012

Dr. Adams does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Adams and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Non-Surgical Orthopedics

• Spinal Nerve Block
  • Total Knee Replacement
  • Trigger Finger Release
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results