Dr. Brock Bakewell, MD

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Bakewell's Experience

100Experience
Match

See how Dr. Bakewell's experience matches your preferences.

Why It Matters: Board Certifications

• Ophthalmologynull

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Bakewell

Dr. Bakewell accepts 17 insurance carriers

17 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

• American Enterprise Group
      • American Republic
      • EmblemHealth
      • HealthSmart
      • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
      • Medico
      • National Elevator

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Bakewell has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Bakewell

Dr. Bakewell's Review Details
      4 based on 40 responses
      Experience with Dr. Bakewell
      Dr. Bakewell's Office & Staff
        16 – 30 minutes (40)
      in Tucson, AZ |
      I was diagnosed with Cataracts at an early age and Dr. Bakewell sat down and spent the time with me to make the best decision. After both surgeries, I now have the best eyesight I have ever had. My long distance vision is truly amazing and my severe astigmatism has been fixed with the surgery. I would recommend Dr. Bakewell to anyone and everyone.
      in Tucson, AZ |
      Dr. Bakewell is very kind and answers all your questions. I knew what to expect after my cateract surgery and I did not feel rushed.
      in Tucson, AZ |
      I had cataract surgery on both eyes and was able to give up my glasses after 45 years! Dr. Bakewell was very informative and answered all of my questions. Although I know that he has a lot of patients, he made me feel as though I was his only one. From my first exam until my final post operative visit, I was treated with professionalism.
      in Tucson, AZ |
      Dr. Bakewell is personable and efficient. He is confident in presenting his recommendation for treatment, and skilled in his execution of the surgical procedure. I have excellent results on both operations he has performed.
      in Tucson, AZ |
      Terrible experience. Wrong measurement of IOL, led to believe both eyes were 20/20 and they weren't, VA informed that a piece of cataract was left in my eye, raised his voice with me over the phone, said I wasn't telling the truth, dry eye symptoms still, and don't know the affects of the cataract piece left in eye. I want to share my experience with all Veterans of the Choice Program.
      in Tucson, AZ |
      Dr. Bakewell gave me the mountains! I was diagnosed with cataracts in August 2015. Fortunately, several friends recommended Dr. Bakewell and his team. I was able to get right in, and immediately knew I had come to the right place. The doctors worked with me to define my vision expectations, answer my questions, steer me from my fears, and provide solid solutions. Their professionalism, expertise, and courtesy were appreciated. I can now see details in the distance as well as near. SIX STARS!
      in Tucson, AZ |
      Dr. Bakewell performed cataract surgery on my eyes in March and April of 2016. Both surgeries were excellent experiences. Dr. Bakewell was meticulous in explaining everything to me and was an absolute pleasure to work with. When I was researching ophthalmologists several people told me he was the most thorough physician they'd ever known and I agree. I now have mono-vision lenses implanted and I see better than I have in years. Dr. Bakewell is the best.
      in Tucson, AZ |
      Dr. Bakewell changed my life when he performed cataract surgery on my extremely near sighted eyes and corrected my vision with toric lens implants. I now have 20/20 vision for the first time in my life. The whole process of working with his office was professional, efficient, caring, and competent. He is highly regarded as an extremely proficient eye surgeon, and it is obvious why. I highly recommend him.
      in Tucson, AZ |
      I have had outstanding treatment from Dr. Bakewell for over 25 years. Being very near-sighted I am prone to have retinal tears. Bakewell's regular exams 3 times caught retina conditions needing laser surgery. When it was time for cataract surgery Bakewell did both of my eyes. My vision is now correctable to a stunning 20/15. At my last exam at the retina surgeon, he asked me who did my cataract surgery because he said it was the best he'd ever seen. I would never go to any one but Bakewell.
      in Tucson, AZ |
      Dr, Bakewell diagnosed, then treated successfully, a rare eye cancer that an optometrist and an opthamologist missed. He also performed cataract and astigmatism surgeries on both my eyes, and my vision is excellent. I highly recommend Dr. Bakewell!
      in Tucson, AZ |
      Dr Bakewell worked with me to get my best vision possible. I never felt rushed in the office and I had wonderful results from my cataract surgeries. I have and continue to recommend Dr Bakewell and his practice to all my friends
      in Tucson, AZ |
      Dr. Bakewell did cataract surgery on both of my eyes. For the second surgery I required the Toric lens due to my astigmatism. In both surgeries Dr. Bakewell was very exacting with measurements, and was very professional during the procedure. I now have perfect vision without glasses. Dr. Batewell staff was also excellent: careful and courteous.
      Takes excellent care.
      in Sahuarita, Az |
      I highly recommend Dr. Bakewell. He did my lasik and I couldn't be more happy. I was really scared getting it done in the first place and wasn't sure who to go to but I'm glad I went to him. I trusted his clinical judgement and knew I was in good hands after the first visit. He is very very thorough and takes his time when seeing you. He really cares and so easy to talk to. Overall, I was very happy!
      Have you seen Dr. Bakewell?
      Are you Dr. Bakewell? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Bakewell

• Benign Neoplasm of Eye
      • Blindness
      • Cataract
      • Chorioretinal Scars
      • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
      • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
      • Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration

• Cataract Removal Surgery
      • Cornea Surgery
      • Cornea Transplant
      • Descemet Membrane Endothelial Keratoplasty (DMEK)
      • Descemet's Stripping With Endothelial Keratoplasty (DSEK)
      • Glaucoma Surgery
      • Implantable Contact Lens
      • LASIK
      • No-Stitch Corneal Transplantation (DLEK)
      • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
      • Pterygium Surgery
      • Visian Impantable Collamer Lens (ICL)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University

Graduated in 1984

University of Utah

Completed in 1989

Washington and Jefferson College

Graduated in 1980

Dr. Bakewell has no media or publications listed.

×

Dr. Bakewell's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Ophthalmology
      • Board certified in Ophthalmology
      • Malpractice claims in Arizona not available
      ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Bakewell

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Bakewell's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
      Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
      Staff friendliness and courteousness
      Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
      16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Bakewell

Level of trust in provider's decisions
      How well provider explains medical condition(s)
      How well provider listens and answers questions
      Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Bakewell's Care Philosophy

We have been providing outstanding eye care to patients of all ages in Tucson and southern Arizona for over 30 years. It is our sincere desire to provide you and your family with warm, personal care and service. Our dedicated staff work together to achieve that goal. While our primary job is to take care of you, we also want to educate you about your eyes, so that you have the knowledge and power needed to take an active role in your care. We invite you to visit our web site to learn more.