Dr. Britt Daniel, MD

Dr. Britt Daniel, MD

Neurology  |
Dr. Britt Daniel, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Dallas, TX. He is 73 years old and has been practicing for 47 years. Read his story

7777 Forest Ln Ste B220

Dallas, TX 75230

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Daniel

See how frequently Dr. Daniel performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Migraine
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
Headache

Dr. Daniel's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Daniel's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Daniel "Britt Talley Daniel MD is a practicing neurologist from Dallas, Texas. Trained in medicine at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston and in neurology at the Mayo Clinic, Dr. Daniel served his country as a staff neurologist LCDR, USNR at Balboa Hospital in San Diego, California at the end of the Vietnam conflict. After this he was on the senior staff as a neurologist at Scott and White Clinic in Temple, Texas and an Associate Professor of Neurology at Texas A&M University Medical School. Moving to Dallas to start a private practice, Dr. Daniel taught at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School as a Clinical Associate Professor of Neurology. Currently he is a member of the American Academy of Neurology, the American Headache Society, and the American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine. His EMG lab has recently been declared an Accredited Laboratory of Exemplary Status. Married and with 5 grown children, Dr. Daniel is a lifelong folksinger and guitar picker. He is also the author of 5 medical textbooks: Migraine, Transient Global Amnesia, and the three volumes of the Mini Neurology Series: Volume 1 Migraine, Volume 2 Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Volume 3 Panic Disorder. He has written a transgenerational novel about a medical family from England who relocates to America aboard the haunted Titanic, entitled: Titanic: Answer from the Deep. He has published two several stories about a mystery solving physician entitled: The Mysteries of MacArthur Donne, Book 1– And If Thine Eye Offend Thee, Book 2--The Case of the Organic Chemist."

This content was provided by Dr. Daniel "I try to take a thorough history and do a full neurologic exam, using neurologic tests such as MRI and CAT scans, blood work, EEG, and EMG to help with the diagnosis.

I am generally on time to see patients and try to be a good listener and optimistic with my opinions.  I am a Christian doctor who prays for and sometimes, with my patients.

I try to return all phone calls the day they come in and to be kind and helpful.  I see it as my job to help people."

• Neurology

• Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Essential Tremor
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Optic Neuritis
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Stroke
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Vertigo

Medical School | Graduated 1970
  • John Sealy Hosp-U Tex Med Br
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Mayo Medical School

Dr. Daniel has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Daniel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Daniel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Daniel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Daniel to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Daniel's Performance
Dallas, TX |
This guy was for lack of a better word, a pain in the you know what. He didn't take the time to listen to my concerns. Any ailment could be cured with "stopping caffeine" and he seemed irritated to even be hearing my ailments. The most unprofessional experience Ive ever had. He needs to retire.
in Carrollton, TX |
I would never recommend anyone go to this doctor. He got me in the day after my seizure, which was nice, but the way he treated me and the things he said were very disturbing. He told me every time I took a birth control pill I was killing babies, and that I was not pleasing God by having premarital sex. These opinions are fine to have, but please keep them to yourself in a professional setting. It was very uncomfortable to have to sit through his lecture during such a scary time.
in Dallas, TX |
I have been seeing Dr. Daniel for several years for cluster headaches. I have always found him to be very patient, very sensitive, a great listener, he's compassionate and exceptionally knowledgeable. He wrote the book on migraine headaches and knows his stuff! He's helped me tremendously. Not only would I recommend him to others, I've referred my daughter to him! His staff is great and very accommodating. Great doctor!
in Dallas, TX |
Worked with Dr. Daniel for 3 years now and has helped me as a doc and holistically with my Parkinson's, a lot of neurological conditions have no direct tests - which is frustrating for everyone - Dr. Daniel is a keen diagnostician.
in Dallas, TX |
Excellent Doctor, extremely detailed.
in Dallas, TX |
This doctor made my day very sad. He interrupted my explanation of my migrane condition and dismissed me from his office in a non sense action that drove me to think this man is totally insane. It's really shocking to find out that such a brilliant doctor is just an insensitive and cruel person. He was disrespecful and totally not professional. I still dont know why he did that. After a while I checked on line his reviews and found out that his ratings are very poor. Not a good human being.
in Lewisville, tx |
Doctor Daniel got me off of more than one medication that my gp had me on, which were both causing more migraines. He is the most knowledgable, accessible, and down to earth doc I have ever seen. Never once have I heard him say that he has done everything he can do. If there's a problem, he's working towards a solution. My kind of guy for sure.
New York, NY |
Would NEVER recommend this man!!
Unprofessional hands down and uncaring about underlying causes that may temporarily change a person mood or behavior. Quick and ready to medicate with high doses of psychic medications.
in Mckinney Texas |
Really good Doctor
Have you seen Dr. Britt Daniel, MD?
Are you Dr. Daniel?