Dr. Brigitte Curtis, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry •  Female • Age 59

24 Reviews
Dr. Curtis
4401 6th St Ste A Lubbock, TX 79416

Dr. Brigitte Curtis, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Lubbock, TX and has been practicing for 26 years. She graduated from University Of Colorado School Of Medicine in 1987 and specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry.

• Trustworthy Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Curtis accepts

Dr. Curtis accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Advantage HMO
Blue Choice

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Curtis' experience treating your condition or procedure

3.3

Dr. Curtis?
Dr. Curtis' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Brigitte Curtis, MD
I’ve been seeing her for 5 years now and had a phone appointment set at a specific time and received reminders for the appointment via text. The time came around no call and then 2 hours passed and I called her cell she told me she would call me back so I text saying I leaving town and needed to reschedule... never heard back and it’s been two weeks now..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brigitte Curtis, MD?
I have been seeing Dr Curtis for over a year now. She takes time to listen to your concerns and makes you feel very comfortable. I have never had an issue. The office staff is understanding and helpful. The office itself definitely has a positive vibe.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brigitte Curtis, MD?
Dr. Curtis is great & so is her office staff. Those girls always go above & beyond for patients. They work in a difficult office setting; as someone with mental health issues I understand that we can be high maintenance. I have seen those girls get yelled at & cussed out by patients who feel they’re entitled. Considering all they have to deal with, I think they do an amazing job.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brigitte Curtis, MD?
My child has ADHD. Dr Curtis made multiple comments that seemed to imply that I am a bad parent. I provide plenty of affection and consequences to my child. She just has impulse control problems. I don’t feel that Dr. Curtis took the time to understand the situation and I felt very shamed, condescended to, and blamed for her issues. As a parent, I can influence my child’s behavior through rewards and consequences but not control it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brigitte Curtis, MD?
First I want to say I love Dr. Curtis. She has been wonderful to my son and has helped him through some difficult times. I refer my own patients to her as I respect her greatly; however I absolutely HATE her office staff. I have never dealt with a more rude, hateful bunch of people in my life! It’s impossible to get an appointment. They never notify you if your appointment is cancelled and if you call they are just awful and mocking. For this reason, I will no longer be taking my son here.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brigitte Curtis, MD?
She is personal and kind, she cares about her patients. She is resourceful and knows that treatment including medication can be expensive and tries her best to make it feasible. She has a lot of experience and is very confident in herself. Only psychiatrist in Lubbock that is like this... which is why she is always busy!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brigitte Curtis, MD?
Typical. Wait in the lobby, where there aren't enough chairs, for an hour past the appointment time. Charges premium prices for poor set up. By the time we got in to see her we were exhausted and just wanted to leave.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brigitte Curtis, MD?
I called to make an appointment about depression. When I mentioned the name of my insurance (which I've used several times in Amarillo), the receptionist laughed a little and made sure I knew that they hadn't ever heard of it. It's nice to call a place in a depressive state and be made to feel like an idiot....thanks.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brigitte Curtis, MD?
Was in the midst of an anxiety flair and panic attack, and left a message with her office, called her cell (which she gave me for emergencies) and when I called she was rude and condescending. I was told "well, I don't have your chart here so there isn't anything I can do until tomorrow." Why give out your cell number then?! Next day ended up in ER, husband called her and was told my chart was on her desk so she would get back to me. Not until 8:30 pm did she finally call back. Pcp is better.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brigitte Curtis, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Curtis?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry