Dr. Bridget Oppong, MD is a breast surgery specialist in Reston, VA and has been practicing for 20 years. She specializes in breast surgery.

Dr. Oppong's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Oppong

4.4

82.75862068965517%
3.4482758620689653%

Dr. Oppong?
Dr. Oppong's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Bridget Oppong, MD
Dr Oppong has been great! Her knowledge, ease of care and professionalism made me comfortable from the very first few moments of the office visit. I trust her. Also nice to work with another African American female professional, creating another limmediate comfort level.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bridget Oppong, MD?
Exceptional. Caring, knowledgeable and responsive. Dr. Opponents is a top notch physician.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bridget Oppong, MD?
Dr. Oppong is a par-excellent, unimaginable, caring, and loving physician providing exceptional medical care for her patients. I have knowledgeable experience because I drive 90 miles within the DC/Northern Virginia high traffic tolled areas to keep my appointments. Her medical expertise only provide orders and procedures necessary for her patient. I am blest that she serviced me at a crucial time in my life. May God continuously maintain, develop, and exalt Dr. Oppong.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bridget Oppong, MD?
I have loved having her as my doctor. She listens and is very patient with me and all of my questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bridget Oppong, MD?
I have never had a doctor care about my wellbeing as much as Dr. Oppong. She is very nice and treats me like a friend while still being professional. She is never in a rush and takes the time to explain everything. No question is never too much.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bridget Oppong, MD?
I would not recommend Dr Oppong... I found her to be very dismissive, unhelpful in responding to questions regarding dx, and uncaring for my situation... I expected more from Dr Oppong and her staff, some “compassion” would have been great... but all she cares about seems to be “surgery=$$$$$$”. Extremely disappointed in the care I received :(
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bridget Oppong, MD?
I was a patient of Dr. Oppong's at the Georgetown Lombardi Cancer Center back in 2012, when I was diagnosed with cancer, until she left. She is a wonderful doctor, being both professional and personable. She helped me through a very scary time. She never rushed me through an appointment, and always took the time to listen and ask if I had any questions. She truly cares about her patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bridget Oppong, MD?
Dr. Oppong has been my breast doctor since 2016 when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I could not have asked for a better doctor. She took the time to explain the process, what to expect before and after surgery. She called me to see how I was doing after surgery. In all follow up visits, she takes the time to explain everything and to see if I have any issues or concerns. She is excellent at what she does.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bridget Oppong, MD?
I really like her, she took a lot of time evaluating me and was very kind and professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bridget Oppong, MD?
Dr. Oppong is quite am amazing doctor: she's guided my mom through her breast cancer diagnosis and multiple surgeries. More than that, during a routine post-op exam, she noticed that my mom had what seemed to be a cold; she examined her lungs, recommended X-ray and blood work, finding a pneumonia, and made sure her regular provider knew, sending over all the scans, etc. I am really happy my mom is in great hands.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bridget Oppong, MD?
The office staff are very friendly and accommodating. Dr. Oppong took her time to explain everything in detail. She is very professional, nice and comforting. Would highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bridget Oppong, MD?
Dr. Oppong is very knowledgeable but able to communicate on a personal level. I appreciate her compassion and concern.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bridget Oppong, MD?
These days most health professionals seem to be in a hurry! not Dr. Oppong! she takes her time and listens to your concerns and questions and explains everything until you have your answer! she is a gem of a doctor and I am so glad I found her when I was really scared and not knowing if I had breast cancer! she has chosen the perfect specialty!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bridget Oppong, MD?
I love Dr. Oppong. She takes her time, and really listens to me. She explains all my options for further options. I will be seeing her again, and will definitely recommend her to my friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bridget Oppong, MD?
I second the sentiments if the other reviewers. Impectible best side manner, Professional, knowledgeable, and easy to speak to. And she makes things happen. My biggest concern with having breast cancer was telling my 80 year parents that theyre baby girl had cancer and without hesitation Dr. Oppong said "I'll call them". And she lived up to her word, forever Thankful to her for that!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bridget Oppong, MD?
Dr Oppong is an amazing doctor. She has excellent bed side manner and is a great surgeon. I do not have any surgical scars after having a partial mastectomy in 2013. I highly recommend her!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bridget Oppong, MD?
My experience with Dr.Oppong was absolutely terriffic. It was an instant concection with a patient /doctor relatiinshiop. Dr.Oppong made the visit very comforting, when I left I was fully knowledgable of what was going on.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bridget Oppong, MD?
Dr. Oppong was professional, prompt, and caring. When I came to her without an appointment and spoke with her regarding my symptoms health concerns, she made time for me right away. She squeezed my in for an exam and made arrangements for my mammogram which took place within just a few days of that first appointment. Within 2 weeks, I was able to have the necessary surgery performed by Dr. Oppong. She was thorough before, during and after. Great experience and post-surgical result. Thanks!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bridget Oppong, MD?
Dr. Oppong is one of the best doctor I'v ever had. She preformed my breast surgery. She made sure I was very well taken care of and is always there to answer any question I may have. Her bedside manner is impeccable. I would recommend her without hesitation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bridget Oppong, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Oppong?

Dr. Oppong accepts

Dr. Oppong accepts the following insurance:

Select
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
KeyCare PPO
Coventry Health Care
Southern Health PPO

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check Dr. Oppong's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Breast Cancer
  • Breast Lump
  • Carcinoma in Situ
  • Excision of Breast Tumor
  • Intraoperative Radiation Therapy (IORT)
  • Lumpectomy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Mastectomy
  • Secondary Malignancies
  • Sentinel Node Biopsy

After completing her fellowship, Dr. Oppong moved to Washington D.C., and began practicing at Georgetown University Hospital, where she was well respected for her clinical expertise and compassionate care.

• Breast Surgery

University of Pennsylvania
2009
2004
1999

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Oppong treats patients.