Dr. Briana Walton, MD

Dr. Briana Walton, MD

Urogynecology  |
Dr. Briana Walton, MD is an urogynecology doctor who practices in Annapolis, MD. She is 48 years old and has been practicing for 22 years. Read her story

2003 Medical Pkwy Ste 150

Annapolis, MD 21401

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Walton

See how frequently Dr. Walton performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
Colporrhaphy

Dr. Walton's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Walton's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Walton "Dr. Briana Walton is the Director of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery at Anne Arundel Medical Center. She is recognized as an expert in robotic/minimally invasive surgery and treatment of fibroids, urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse. Prior to beginning the Women's Center for Pelvic Health at Anne Arundel Medical Center, Dr. Walton was the director of Benign Gynecology at Washington Hospital Center. She has also served as adjunct assistant professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences and an assistant professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Urology at Georgetown University School of Medicine. Dr. Walton received her medical degree from the University Of Cincinnati College of Medicine. She was invited to be the first fellow in the division of Urogynecology and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery at Harvard Medical School/Mount Auburn Hospital. She is board-certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstruction. In the field of robotics, she has personally performed >300 UroGyn surgeries and developed programmatic growth around quality and safety. She is an active member of the Robotic steering committee and was designated Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Surgery in 2013. She has been an invited guest and lecturer to numerous events both regionally, nationally and internationally. Dr. Walton has received several grants and awards, but specifically she has been acknowledged in the areas of education and leadership. She is a member of several professional organizations including the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, American Urogynecologic Society, American Medical Association, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists. She also serves by appointment on several integral hospital committees and boards. Her desire to promote patient advocacy have expanded her skill set through a monthly hospital television show, DocsTalk. She and her co-host have covered various health topics to achieve the hospital mission of living healthier together. Internationally, she uses her clinical skills and strengths in treatment of health care disparities. She has worked in Ghana, Niger and most recently Rwanda. The program focuses on obstetrical fistula repairs but the group has developed other clinical programs to treat the victims of trauma and genocide. Currently she serves as a board member and team leader for the International Organization for Women and Development. Dr Walton often reminds herself daily of following quote: "I long to accomplish a great and noble task… but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker." - Helen Keller"

This content was provided by Dr. Walton "Our Team

Our expert team of fellowship-trained urogynecologists, nurse practitioners and physical therapists understand the sensitive nature of pelvic health concerns and offer a compassionate, professional approach. To provide you with the most seamless care, the team collaborates with each patient's primary care doctor and/or gynecologist to develop a comprehensive treatment plan. "

• Urogynecology

• Colpopexy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colporrhaphy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Vaginal Hysterectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginectomy
  • Vulvectomy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1995
  • University Hosp-University Cincinnati Coll Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Mt Auburn Hosp-Harvard Med Sch
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Walton has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Walton does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Walton and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Walton's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Walton to family and friends
Dr. Walton's Performance
in Annapolis, MD |
Dr. Walton is the quintessential professional and also has a great sense of humor to go along with all of that intelligence. She keeps the focus on what she can do to improve your health and quality of life. She is remarkably honest and straightforward. Prior to my procedure she explained everything in great detail and even used charts! She addressed each of my concerns and even asked me questions. Her NPs are awesome too. Dr. Walton is also very compassionate and caring.She walks in your shoes.
in Edgewater, MD |
Very personable. Took plenty of time to get a complete history. It is so refreshing to find a doctor that listens! I did not feel like she was rushing the exam at all. She was gentle, but thorough. After the exam, she clearly went over her findings and recommendations; gave me everything in writing also so I didn't need to take notes.
in Annapolis, MD |
At first, I was hesitant to call Dr. Walton's office but I'm very happy that I finally made the call. From when I first walked in the door to the office and all through my appointment, Dr. Walton and her staff were very professional and very caring. I was thrilled that Dr. Walton was so thorough during my examination and explaining my condition to me. Asking me if I had any questions along the way. I wish there were 10 stars on here that I could give her and her staff!!
in Brandywine, MD |
My visit with Dr. Walton, MD was a wonderful and pleasure. She explain everything to me in away I could understand and I thank her very much. I would definitely recommend her to my friends and family if need so.
in Denton, MD |
Dr. Briana is well educated, very personable and made me feel extremely comfortable. She was so down to earth and I felt as If I had known her for years. Totally put all my trust in her for my healthcare needs.
Annapolis, MD |
Dr. Walton was very thorough during the consultation and examination process. I find her to be extremely knowledgeable and personable. I felt at ease to discuss the on-going issues I have been dealing with. I feel much more hopeful about the outcome, and feel like I have found a partner to help me in my quest for wellness!
in Prince Frederick, MD |
Extremely approachable and educates on your condition
severna park, md |
Dr. Walton spent as much time as I needed in examination and conference explaining my situation and options. She and her staff were friendly , yet professional. I was pleased with my visit in her office.
in Hedgesville, WV |
She has excellent clinical skills. After a thorough exam, Dr. Walton explained her findings and treatment recommendations very clearly and answered all of my questions. Her bedside manner is among the best I have encountered. Dr. Walton made me feel as if I were only patient that day. Never did I feel rushed or pushed out the door. Before she performed any tests or parts of the exam, she explained what she was doing before even touching me.
Have you seen Dr. Briana Walton, MD?
Are you Dr. Walton?