Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Brian Zafonte, MD
Dr. Brian Zafonte, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Mount Pleasant, WI. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 9 years. Dr. Zafonte is affiliated with Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare - All Saints (Spring Street Campus).

3801 Spring St

• Blue Shield of California
  • Health Net
  • Sagamore Health Network

Learn about Dr. Zafonte

I am a General Orthopaedic Surgeon with an additional Fellowship training in Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery.

I am Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and a Diplomat of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons.

My practice is mainly focused on the problems of the hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder (upper extremity).  I specialize in the treatment of acute and chronic problems in both adults and children.   Some of the most common injuries I see include simple and complex fractures and broken bones from the finger tip to the shoulder, sprains and contusions of muscles and bones, superficial and deep lacerations, nerve compression problems, and tendon and ligament injuries.  I routinely operate on bones, arthritic joints, muscles, tendons, ligaments, and nerves.

I take my responsibility as the guardian of your musculoskeletal care very seriously.   Thank you for allowing me to participate in your care.

Dr. Zafonte's Experience

Dr. Zafonte's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Clavicle Fracture
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Total Shoulder Replacement
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

• Stony Brook U Med Ctr-Suny
  • Uc Davis Med Ctr
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014
  • PHD Degree In Stem Cell Research From Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
    Other Education | Completed 2008

Dr. Zafonte has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Zafonte does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Zafonte and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Zafonte's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Zafonte to family and friends
Dr. Zafonte Says:

Thank you for the feedback.

Dr. Zafonte's Performance
in Philadelphia, PA |
Along with being a great surgeon, Dr. Zafonte has great bedside manners (which is hard combo to find). He is very through and thoughtful in what he does. Taking into consideration of family situation at the time, he adjusted to our schedule to have mom’s surgery asap. He prepared us (including the family) very well for the surgery and after care. I would definitely recommend him to my family and friends!
in Mount Pleasant, WI |
After suffering increasing pain and numbness due to advanced carpal tunnel syndrome, I made the decision to have surgery done. My sister had Dr. Zafonte on staff at Ascension All-Saints the day she suffered a rather complex wrist fracture. She was very impressed with with his demeanor and professional prowess. After her testimonial, I immediately booked my visit and had subsequent surgery. I have nothing but praise for Dr. Zafonte and his staff. He has an excellent bedside manner !!
in Elkhart in |
He was amazing with my husband when he had to have surgery on his thumb. Due to putting a drill through it and then cutting the nerve
in Racine, WI |
Following an ER visit I learned I had three fractures in my wrist and elbow areas. I contacted Dr. Zafonte following the ER. Dr. Zafonte was not only close to my residence, but following my call, his staff made arrangements for a same day visit. At the office I knew I was in good hands, Dr. Zafonte advised well and developed a healing plan that worked for me. Dr. Zafonte communications with staff and the therapy person was seamless and caring. Excellent care!
in Racine, WI |
I went to Dr. Zafonte for a wrist injury. I was immediately comfortable with him. He has great bedside manner and explained the surgery well. Very compassionate and caring. My husband was also impressed with him. I would definitely recommend him to my family and friends!
in Racine, WI |
Dr. Zafonte and his staff were extremely pleasant and very helpful in my recent visits to their office. I initially saw Dr. Zafonte following a fall which entailed fx. teeth and a displaced right shoulder. I have had 4 weeks of PT, but have limited range of motion. He had me get an MRI, which showed more extensive damage requiring a total transverse shoulder replacement. Unfortunately, I have to wait to schedule as need to wait on a fracture to heal. So far, I am very pleased with this offic
Racine , WI |
Dr Zafonte recently did my hand surgery for carpal tunnel and from that day to this I have had none of the symptoms I had before. Surgery was a bit unusual in that I was awake for it (he uses a hand block) which stressed me out a bit but 20 mins after I came out of surgery I was ready to go home so I would definitely do it that way again if I need my other hand done. Highly recommend him.
in Union Grove, WI |
I am very, very impressed with Dr. Zafonte. I saw him for both carpal tunnel (both wrists) and trigger thumb. He explained everything very well and was able to schedule me quickly. Carpal tunnel surgeries went very well, healing was very quick, result is excellent. Trigger thumb injections solved the problem. I would not hesitate to return to Dr. Zafonte for any orthopedic needs, and I have actively recommended him to friends and family.
in Elkhart, IN |
The best surgeon you could find. Really cares about his patients and is a fantastic docter
in Elkhart, IN |
Dr Zavonte did surgery on my left hand and 6 days later I fell and broke my right wrist. He talked to the ER and told them he wanted to see me the next day. He then squeezed me in between surgeries to care for me. Such a blessing and I will forever be blessed for the compassionate care he gave me.
in Elkhart, IN |
Carpal Tunnel surgery was the best thing I've ever done for myself & Dr. Zafonte was the best doctor for the job! He was very professional but also very relatable and easy to talk to. He gives simple instructions on how to care for the incision and the scaring is almost non-existent. The surgery itself was quick and Dr. Zafonte did a fantastic job! I would highly recommend him!
in Goshen, IN |
Dr. Zafonte was extremely helpful and professional during every phase of my hand surgery. He is very pleasant and easy to understand. What I really liked was his giving me options concerning procedures so I had choices . I feel lucky to have had him be the one to help heal my wrist completely. He and his staff made a scary experience so much calmer and better !!
in Granger, IN |
It has been very easy to interact with Dr. Zafonte. He is friendly and professional.
I just want to thank dr Zafonte for helping me and fixing my broken bone. His bedside manner is delightful and he is a gifted surgeon. Overall highly recommend this man.
in Goshen, IN |
He was wonderful. Told me what was going on what surgery and therapy would be needed. He was kind and understanding. All around awesome Dr.
in Elkhart, IN |
Dr. Z is awesome. So happy to have found him to take care of my surgery. My procedure went great. I am back to normal again. I can't express how much I appreciate him and what he has done for me.
Bristol, IN |
He is willing to answer all questions asked and in a way you can understand.
Have you seen Dr. Brian Zafonte, MD?
Are you Dr. Zafonte?