Dr. Brian R. Wnorowski, MD

Dr. Brian R. Wnorowski, MD

Ophthalmology | Male | 53 years old

Providing state of the art eye care in a friendly and compassionate atmosphere. Your home for Cataract Surgery, Glaucoma, Macular Degeneration, Dry Eye and all of your other eye care needs.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Wnorowski's Experience

See how Dr. Wnorowski's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Wnorowski

Dr. Wnorowski accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Wnorowski has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Wnorowski's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wnorowski to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Wnorowski
Dr. Wnorowski's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (16)
in Jackson, NJ |
My experience at Shore Eye Associates, in Toms River was amazing. Dr. Wnorowski, his staff in the office and surgery center, are true, caring professionals. They went out of their way to ease my fears, explain everything to me, readily answer all my phone call questions and took the time needed to keep me calm and reassured. I went from cataracts, astigmatisms, nearsightedness and tri -focal progressive glasses to crystalens lenses and 20/20 vision!
in Whiting, NJ |
He listens, explains and is very easy to talk to
in Barnegat, NJ |
Excellent, high energy doctor who is pleasant and took the time needed to address my vision problems, answer questions and to explain the options vs expected outcome. I never felt rushed. The cataract surgery went well and recovery without pain or any other discomfort. I was appreciative of Dr Wnorowski's call that evening to check on me. The result of the surgery is amazing. I am an artist and my vision is now superb. I can once again see textures and details, the subtle colors in shadows.
in new jersey |
Dr. Wnorowski is the consummate professional. He is an expert cataract surgeon and ophthalmologist. I'm writing this a day after my cataract surgery and I see perfectly now. Please if you have a cataract do not wait as long as I did and suffer with poor vision. Put your eye care in the hands of the loveliest team at Shore Eye Associates. Everyone there treated me so wonderfully and followed up with phone calls as well. Dr Wnorowski has an amazing bedside manner and is just the best
in Toms River, NJ |
Dr. Wnorowski was recommended to me by an ophthalmologist friend for good reason. My experience with Dr. Wnorowski and his superb staff could not have been more positive. From the onset Dr. Wnorowski and his staff did everything possible to make my experience totally informed and comfortable. The procedure went exactly as described. I cannot think of any medical procedure being more successful. I of course would recommend Dr. Wnorowski and his excellent staff without reservation.
in Brick, NJ |
My Mom can see again, thanks to Dr. Wnorowski....she was declared legally blind and another doctor would not touch her. Dr. Wnorowski removed the dense cataract in her right eye and she now is seeing things she hasn't seen in years. We can't thank you enough....we recommend you to everyone. Thank you Doc.
Have you seen Dr. Brian R. Wnorowski, MD?
Are you Dr. Wnorowski?

Compare Dr. Wnorowski

Dr. Wnorowski says...

I am a New Jersey native, originally from North Brunswick and spent my summers in Normandy Beach. My higher education started with a B.A. from Rutgers College and then an M.D. from UMDNJ- New Jersey Medical School in Newark (now Rutgers Medical School). I received several awards at graduation for patient care and academic excellence after finished third in the class.

I completed an internship at Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston, NJ and a three year Ophthalmology residency including one year as chief resident at The University of Virginia in Charlottesville, VA. In 1993, I returned to the Jersey Shore to practice Ophthalmology and opened my own practice in 1995.

I am Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology, having passed my board certification exam in the top two percent of the country and have been re-certified in 2005 and 2015.

Over the last 22 years I have come to specialize in cataract surgery, having done over 8,000 implant operations. Recently I have been funneling my experience and interest in cataract surgery to offer my patients the latest innovations in implants and Laser Cataract Surgery.  I feel strongly that the new presbyopia correcting implants are an excellent option for many patients but it is critical to match each individual with the proper implant. Cataract surgery is no longer one size fits all.  Every one of my cataract surgery patients get individulized attention and recommendations for which surgery and implant would be best for them.

Wall Township is currently where I call home along with my wife Kathleen and our three children Alexa, Grace and Eric. I have had the honor to be a past President of the Toms River Lions Club, assisting in raising money for the visually and hearing impaired and I was elected to serve as president of The New Jersey Academy of Ophthalmology in 2008.  Currently I am  the chief of the Ophthalmology service at Ocean Medical Center and the president of the Ocean Regional Eye Surgery Center.

In my spare time I enjoy surfing, fishing, mountain biking, running and triathlons.

Dr. Wnorowski's Care Philosophy

Dr. Wnorowski says...

Expert in Femto Laser Cataract Surgery and Premium implant surgery

Dr. Wnorowski's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

• AOA (Medical Honor Society), 1988

Dr. Wnorowski has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Wnorowski's Board Certifications

• Corneal Diseases
  • Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

University Va Mc

Completed in 1993

Rutgers

Graduated in 1985

Dr. Wnorowski does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wnorowski and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology