Dr. Brian Subach, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 54

Dr. Subach

6710 Oxon Hill Rd Ste 550 Oxon Hill, MD 20745

Dr. Brian Subach, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Oxon Hill, MD and has over 29 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Michigan Medical School medical school in 1993. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Inova Fairfax Hospital and Reston Hospital Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Subach to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Neurosurgery Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Subach is affiliated with Virginia Hospital Center Arlington, a highly rated hospital.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check Dr. Subach's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Subach's Top Procedures and Conditions

Osteoarthritis of Spine

Dr. Subach treats Osteoarthritis of Spine more than 82% of his peers

Dr. Subach treats this condition more than 82% of his peers

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Subach treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 72% of his peers

Dr. Subach treats this condition more than 72% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Brachial Neuritis
  • Polyneuritis
  • Radiculitis
  • Ulnar Neuritis
  • Vestibular Neuritis
Hide other areas of care
Intervertebral Disc Disease

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminoforaminotomy
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Upper Back Pain

Dr. Subach accepts

Dr. Subach accepts the following insurance:

Bluegrass Family Health

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Subach

4.5

86.20689655172414%

Dr. Subach

Dr Subach is light years beyond compare to any other physician in his field. If you want to put your spine and life in someone reputable, honest, thorough, empathetic and brilliant’s hands than he is your only choice. It is a rare gift for a surgeon to be equally as personable and compassionate as they are gifted at diagnostic and procedural skill. Driving 30-45 minutes away from NOVA is such a small price to pay for the confidence that comes with entrusting my father’s care to Dr Subach. After countless specialized physician appointments, due to my father’s complex health issues, we’ve been reminded time& time again that Dr Subach is not only well known& regarded to those he cares for and their loved ones but also to the medical community at large. Numerous Drs at the top of their field have expressed how relieved they were that my father was able to have his spinal infection overseen by “the legendary” Dr Brian Subach. Dr Subach, thank you so much for all you do!
MAB – Apr 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Subach, MD?
I can not rave enough about this Dr. if you want an honest, knowledgeable, caring, passionate Surgeon then you are at the right Dr. His entire team goes above and beyond to take care of you. I have driven over 800 miles each way for several years to see him and as long as he is in practice I will not see anyone else. Even Mayo in Fl has advised me to continue to see Dr Subach because they do not have a double board certified Dr on their staff and stated that is a rarity. I trust no one else but this man. I have sent several clients including teachers, police officers, coaches, students, and friends. Not a one had any complaints and their surgeries were spot on. I even had a mother call me crying and thanking me for sending them to this Dr. This and every surgery I have sent to Subach has been a success!! I trust him explicitly!!! My daughter is walking because of God and this Dr. Subach.
Diane Lusso – Jun 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Subach, MD?
Dr. Brian Subach is both a superb physician and surgeon. He performed surgery on my back with a great result, but it should be noted Dr. Subach exceeds other surgeons in very important ways. Before having surgery, I went to several different neurosurgeons for diagnosis and proposed treatment. Dr. Subach was the only one who was careful and meticulous in doing correct diagnosis (working hard to minimize the invasiveness and recovery to the patient of the procedure chosen). Very importantly (as you'll have to live with the results of the surgery for decades) he is the only neurosurgeon I've found has who takes into account the long term impacts on the patient from the procedure chosen via a thorough knowledge of the latest longitudinal studies. If you are thinking of using a different surgeon, consider asking them about the latest long term outcomes from the surgery they are suggesting. If they are unable to tell you, strongly consider seeing Dr. Subach.
Dan Kaplan – Jan 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Subach, MD?
I had Spinal Fusion done by Dr. Subach in 2012, when I was in abject pain. Not only did he do a great job, he took time to fully explain my maladies and how he would treat them. His Assistant, Diane, is also very caring and highly competent. Now I am about to go in for my second surgery with Dr. Subach, on my neck area, where two bones are infringing into the spinal fluid sack. Good luck, Doc! I have complete confidence in this Doctor...a very good feeling to have!
Larry McCracken – Nov 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Subach, MD?
Caring, honest, and vibrant. He took TIME with me to explain what other doctors have not.
Sharon K – Sep 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Subach, MD?
My physical therapist uncovered nerve compression. He recommended Dr. Subach. I made an appointment at his new offices at the Virginia Hospital Center. My office experience itself deserves 5 stars. Dr. Subach is effectively supported by physician assistant Diana DeWolfe (who has been working with him for a decade) and a highly skilled office staff. The surgery which I had a week ago today gets 10 stars. I walked into the hospital using a cane. Dr. Subach performed focused, minimally invasive nerve decompression surgery. I walked out of the hospital the following day without a cane and, most importantly, without chronic nerve compression. I went back to work this week. I highly recommend Subach Spinal Solutions to anyone with back pain, sciatica or an orthopedic surgeon’s recommendation that fusion is the answer. There may be an alternative. My recommendation: make an appointment with this neurosurgeon. The success of my surgery far exceeded my expectations.
Richard Litman in FAIRFAX STATION , VA – Aug 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Subach, MD?
I have had 2 operations with Dr Subach and will go to the ends of the earth to follow him for he really has done 2 top notch surgeries, they are still working to this day!!So glad I found him, whew, I've been looking, look no more!He is a life saver!!
May 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Subach, MD?
I had c-spine surgery in 2015 performed by Dr. Subach. Dr. Subach was my THIRD and FINAL opinion. He was absolutely fantastic! Being a nurse, I am extremely particular who I let near my spinal cord and airway. I am so glad that I have now tracked him down since he left VSI, should I have any future "spinal" needs. Dr. Subach is the ONLY neurosurgeon that will EVER treat me and mine!! Wish you had moved your new practice closer to Culpeper!!
Mar 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Subach, MD?
I have been a patient for VSI for about 4 years now, and these guys are the best, after a bad surgery from another doctor I found this place and man what a difference, they really now their stuff, so yes if you any spinal problems he's the best.
Anibal Vega in VA – Jan 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Subach, MD?
Although did not have to have surgery, which is wonderful, between Dr Subach & Dr B they have improved the quality of my life considerably!!! Thank you Staff is incredible as well!!!
Anonymous A. – Nov 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Subach, MD?
Professionalism, patient detail is second to none. VSI is my only resolve to my back issues. You really don't have a rating high enough for D. Subach. As always I am very thankful to him as well as his staff for a job WELL DONE!
Benjamin L. J. – Nov 14, 2018
very happy with results
Anonymous – Nov 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Subach, MD?
I went for approximately 16 years going through Chiro and pain management. I did not have faith in what I had heard about spine surgery. It came to a point where I was dropping items, was numb regularly in my hands and arms and was taking anti-inflamatories daily. Chiro was a band-aid, but not a solution. I ended up going through diagnosis and assessment with Dr. Subach and had multi-level hybrid cervical spine disc replacement (4). I cannot remember feeling so great! ...
Charles W. – Nov 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Subach, MD?
Dr Subach was the second surgeon I consulted with. he was interested in my condition and time the time to explain every aspect of my treatment, both before and after my procedure.
Anonymous – Nov 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Subach, MD?
excellent surgeon with the right approach
Sam M. – Oct 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Subach, MD?
Dr Subach is the Best Spine Surgeon hands down. I came to him with what turned out to be a ruptured disc, He removed it and did a fusion. Now I am pain free and back to full duty as a firefighter. He is kind and compassionate. He explains everything to you, so that you understand it. I would recommend him to anyone.
Shannon R. – Oct 16, 2018
Hi, Shannon, thank you for the positive feedback...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Subach, MD?
Dr Subach was an excellent communicator and explained things clearly to both my husband and I. So happy with his care and surgical skills! Definitely 5 stars!
Anonymous – Oct 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Subach, MD?
this is my second spinal surgery with Dr Subach. My back pain was keeping me up all night and other treatments through Virginia Spine Pain Management were not working. Having been through spinal surgery i was not interested in repeating it. But it became apparent and so i was once again a patient of Dr Subach's. i am now 3 months post op and pain free. i have my life back thanks to the skill of Dr. Subach and his excellent team of surgeons and PA's
Mary F. – Oct 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Subach, MD?
Dr Subach was the first Doctor/surgeon to listen to my complains and develop a plan based on symptoms. I assure you that at any other practice which I had seen would not have to developed the plan to make me as close to pain free as possible and return my quality of life to myself and my family.
Anonymous – Sep 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Subach, MD?
I suffered from back pain for nearly 21 years after an injury in 1997. After a very painful episode in 2017, a friend recommended the VA Spine Institute and Dr. Subach, specifically. I met with Dr. Subach and his team several times before deciding to do a two-level spinal fusion. The surgery was a complete success and I couldn't be happier! I am forever grateful to the Va Spine Institute for giving me my life back!
Amy W. – Sep 26, 2018
Amy, thank you for your kind words and this...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Subach, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Subach?
Provider explaining information to patient