Dr. Brian Straus, MD

Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery ·  Male · Age 44

Dr. Straus

All Star Orthopaedics

400 W Lyndon B Johnson Fwy Irving, TX 75063

Dr. Brian Straus, MD is an orthopedic foot & ankle surgery specialist in Irving, TX and has been practicing for 12 years. He graduated from University Of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas in 2001 and specializes in orthopedic foot & ankle surgery, reconstructive orthopedic surgery, and more.

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Straus

4.0

Dr. Straus?
Dr. Straus' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Brian Straus, MD
I have been to All-Star twice with good result, but was disappointed to learn an hour before my son's appointment they've dropped our military insurance despite the increase in our premiums. The insurance staffer was very rude. "Thank you for your service" (25 years reserve including 5 years deployed) means a lot less than actually helping us get adequate care. It's just disappointing. I understand it's a financial decision, but the people who protect this country aren't in it for the money.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
I liked the way he made sure I understood what was wrong with my foot in the first appointment; gave me options as to how they could fix things; and gave me realistic expections as to what they could and could not do to help me. I found the staff extremely helpful and courteous despite our difficulties with another agency in getting everything approved. I just had the surgery, but for the first time since my injury I finally feel like everything in my foot is pointed in the right direction.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
awful he literally stood at the door holding it while I was in there. Couldn’t get out fast enough. Didn’t even tell me what my X-rays said. I had to ask. Horrible will never go back
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
I was so pleased with the care I received from Dr. Straus. I had constant pain in both feet. He suggested orthotic inserts, which his staff custom made in his office while I waited. I have had a great reduction in my foot pain since using them! I couldn’t be happier!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
I was able to be seen for a consultation within 2 weeks, which I feel was appropriate since my foot problem was non urgent. I was greeted by a friendly staff who are always an extension of the physician. When I met Dr. Straus, I immediately felt comfortable and a sense of trust. He took the time to explain the proposed surgical procedure to me and answered all my questions. The care I received was outstanding and my surgery was nearly pain free.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
Dr. Straus was amazing. I had at least three foot surgeries before going to Dr. Straus. He diagnosed the problem, made recommendations after explaining the issues, and performed surgery. I'm so excited that my foot is finally free of pain. He is the best and I highly recommend him to others.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
Dr Straus gave me several options and discussed the significance of each option for surgical and non surgical treatment. I decided to go with surgery and I have had a great recovery. The office is very quick and responsive to phone calls which is awesome. They got all my prescriptions called in and delivered to my house! Dr Straus is very gentle, kind, thorough and knowledgable. I strongly recommend him and his team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
Dr. Straus and his entire staff from check in to check out were very helpful and friendly. Dr. Straus answered all of my questions and made me feel very comfortable both before and after my surgery. Adria Dr. Straus's medical assistant was so helpful and so patient and helped me any issues I had both before and after surgery. Gabriel was awesome he took care of puting my cast on at my post op visits, he explained what he was doing and knew how to make you feel comfortable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
Had surgery for crossover toe. On the initial visit he answered my questions never mentioned there was a possibility this wouldn't be corrected by stretching and transferring ligaments. Final follow-up visit my toe is in the same position crossed over on top of my big toe unless it is taped down. Dr. Straus said might still improve if not he could go back in cut a little of the bone. Why was this not mentioned on the first visit. Waste of time and money for nothing. Should have just bought tape
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
Dr. Straus took the time to answer all my questions for my daughter's ankle injury. He was very professional and informative. My daughter felt very comfortable with him and liked how he also explained things to her and not just mom.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
My foot pain had become unbearable. I decided to see Dr. Straus because of his extensive medical education and foot/ankle fellowship training. He was very focused on the possible causes and solutions to the pain at the first appointment. We tried several solutions before surgery. He was excellent to explain what would happen during surgery, as well as post surgery recall and during the follow-up visits. He was very personable and caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
I broke my foot in September of 16' and Dr. Straus performed the surgery to fix the break, followed by a 2nd surgery 6 months later to remove the screws. He was awesome from Day 1! Extremely professional and thorough when explaining the injury as well as his recommendation. From the initial consultation to the last follow-up, I was confident in his knowledge and ability to take care of me. Dr. Straus was great at explaining what will happen during surgery, as well as post surgery re-cap.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
Dr. Straus and his staff do an excellent job!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
Had ankle surgery. Dr Straus was extremely nice and explained everything to expect before, during and after surgery. He took the time to answer all my questions. His assistant, Gabriel, was super nice and a huge help after the surgery!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
I was so disappointed and actually left in tears after my appointment with Dr. Straus. I was in severe foot pain and the appointment was expensive but I sucked it up to get help. I described my pain (sore feet/heel, especially in the am) and he gave me a blank look and proceeded to tell me that I basically just need to get over it. I have a high pain tolerance and am not a person that rushes to the dr. I have since learned that I have plantar fasciitis. I wish he hadn't wasted my time and money
I am very sorry to hear that you were not...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
Had a very bad big toe joint on right toe was bone on bone. Walking to mailbox and back toe would start to hurt and swelling start. Did some research and found the Cartiva Implant and that Dr. Straus did this procedure. A podiatrist about a year ago wanted to do a different procedure that put screws in front and back part of toe (artificial joint). Most of these patients had problems like worst pain than before some had to have this joint removed. Less than a week I'm walking and in no pain
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
Just wrapped up my last appointment with Dr. Straus after a very successful bunion repair on my right foot. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Straus if you are considering this surgery. My pre-op visits (which spanned over a year as I built the courage to actually go through the surgery), the surgery and the recovery were all phenomenal. The office works like a well-oiled machine, and all of his staff are 5-star, too. Very personal touch and attention. Expert care. Call him today!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
5 weeks after foot surgery (cheilectomy) and doing well. The 3.5 inch incision is almost not visible. My foot is still swollen and it may remain that way a while, maybe due to me being a little older. I think I'll be able to return to my sports activities in another couple of months - running. Dr. Strauss spends time to talk with you and address your concerns before as well as after surgery. He does not rush you. Personable. I highly recommend him. Other patients I spoke with agree.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
He seemed to know what he was talking about, and I for sure think he is good at his job. However, he wasn't very warm at all. At our initial meeting, he came across as cold, and I didn't get a single smile, or any questions about me or my injury. My Mom had questions, and he wasn't very forthcoming when answering them, and seemed to be annoyed. He is also the only surgeon I've ever had who didn't come see me after surgery to ask how I was doing. He could have been in another surgery already tho.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
I came to Dr. Strauss with a Hammer toe and need of surgery. He had been recommended to me because I was fairly new in the area. I had previously had three other foot surgeries in the state from which I lived in before. This is the best experience and results that I have ever had. My recovery was painless and my results are more than I could hope. I highly recommend Dr. Strauss All Star Orthopedic.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Straus?

Dr. Straus is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon. He completed his Foot & Ankle/Sports Fellowship at the Foundation for Orthopaedic, Athletic, and Reconstructive Research in Houston, TX. Dr. Straus continues to pursue the latest advancements i...

• Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery

2002
2001
1997

Dr. Straus accepts

Dr. Straus accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Assurant Health
AvMed
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Commercial Insurance Company
Coventry Health Care
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Guardian
HealthSmart
Molina Healthcare
Principal Financial Group
Tricare
PacifiCare

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Straus' experience treating your condition or procedure

Ankle Sprains and Strains

Dr. Straus treats Ankle Sprains and Strains more than 95% of his peers

Dr. Straus treats this condition more than 95% of his peers

Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture

Dr. Straus treats Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture more than 95% of his peers

Dr. Straus treats this condition more than 95% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Achilles Tendon Rupture

• Dislocated Joint
  • Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Elbow Pain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Foot and Ankle Injuries
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Ligament Sprain
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Osgood Schlatter Disease
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteochondritis Dissecans
  • Partially Dislocated Elbow (Nursemaid Elbow)
  • Pediatric Foot Disease
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Pseudoarthrosis
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
  • Tendon Injuries
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Wrist Disorders
  • Wrist Pain

All-Star Orthopaedics

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Straus treats patients.

Compare Providers