Dr. Brian Straus, MD

Dr. Brian Straus, MD

Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery | Male

All Star Orthopaedics 400 W Lyndon B Johnson Fwy Irving, TX 75063 Get Directions

Dr. Straus is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon. He completed his Foot & Ankle/Sports Fellowship at the Foundation for Orthopaedic, Athletic, and Reconstructive Research in Houston, TX. Dr. Straus continues to pursue the latest advancements in orthopaedic technology, including ankle replacement and ligament reconstruction. Dr. Straus has been involved in the care of professional athletes with the Houston Rockets and Dallas Mavericks. He is fluent in Spanish, and is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society.

Dr. Brian Straus, MD is an orthopedic foot & ankle surgery doctor who practices in Irving, TX. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 16 years. Dr. Straus is affiliated with Medical City Las Colinas, Pine Creek Medical Center, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas, Texas Health Center for Diagnostics and Surgery, Baylor Regional Medical Center at Grapevine and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Flower Mound.

Dr. Straus' Experience

See how Dr. Straus' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Straus

Dr. Straus accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 6 hospitals where Dr. Straus has admitting privileges.

Dr. Straus' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Straus to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Straus Says:

Dr. Straus takes patient satisfaction very seriously.  Our goal is that each patient feels that they received the highest level of care.  We strive to answer all questions and ensure that each person leaves with a full understanding of his or her diagnosis and treatment plan.

Dr. Straus' Performance
Dallas, TX |
I broke my foot in September of 16' and Dr. Straus performed the surgery to fix the break, followed by a 2nd surgery 6 months later to remove the screws. He was awesome from Day 1! Extremely professional and thorough when explaining the injury as well as his recommendation. From the initial consultation to the last follow-up, I was confident in his knowledge and ability to take care of me. Dr. Straus was great at explaining what will happen during surgery, as well as post surgery re-cap.
Coppell, TX |
Dr. Straus and his staff do an excellent job!
in Coppell, TX |
Had ankle surgery. Dr Straus was extremely nice and explained everything to expect before, during and after surgery. He took the time to answer all my questions. His assistant, Gabriel, was super nice and a huge help after the surgery!
in Southlake, TX |
I was so disappointed and actually left in tears after my appointment with Dr. Straus. I was in severe foot pain and the appointment was expensive but I sucked it up to get help. I described my pain (sore feet/heel, especially in the am) and he gave me a blank look and proceeded to tell me that I basically just need to get over it. I have a high pain tolerance and am not a person that rushes to the dr. I have since learned that I have plantar fasciitis. I wish he hadn't wasted my time and money
I am very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your visit. We strive to communicate well with all of our patients. Please contact the office if we can be of any further assistance regarding your diagnosis or treatment plan.
in Ft Worth, TX |
Had a very bad big toe joint on right toe was bone on bone. Walking to mailbox and back toe would start to hurt and swelling start. Did some research and found the Cartiva Implant and that Dr. Straus did this procedure. A podiatrist about a year ago wanted to do a different procedure that put screws in front and back part of toe (artificial joint). Most of these patients had problems like worst pain than before some had to have this joint removed. Less than a week I'm walking and in no pain
in Lantana, TX |
Just wrapped up my last appointment with Dr. Straus after a very successful bunion repair on my right foot. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Straus if you are considering this surgery. My pre-op visits (which spanned over a year as I built the courage to actually go through the surgery), the surgery and the recovery were all phenomenal. The office works like a well-oiled machine, and all of his staff are 5-star, too. Very personal touch and attention. Expert care. Call him today!
in Coppell, TX |
5 weeks after foot surgery (cheilectomy) and doing well. The 3.5 inch incision is almost not visible. My foot is still swollen and it may remain that way a while, maybe due to me being a little older. I think I'll be able to return to my sports activities in another couple of months - running. Dr. Strauss spends time to talk with you and address your concerns before as well as after surgery. He does not rush you. Personable. I highly recommend him. Other patients I spoke with agree.
in Dallas,tx |
He seemed to know what he was talking about, and I for sure think he is good at his job. However, he wasn't very warm at all. At our initial meeting, he came across as cold, and I didn't get a single smile, or any questions about me or my injury. My Mom had questions, and he wasn't very forthcoming when answering them, and seemed to be annoyed. He is also the only surgeon I've ever had who didn't come see me after surgery to ask how I was doing. He could have been in another surgery already tho.
in Euless, TX |
I came to Dr. Strauss with a Hammer toe and need of surgery. He had been recommended to me because I was fairly new in the area. I had previously had three other foot surgeries in the state from which I lived in before. This is the best experience and results that I have ever had. My recovery was painless and my results are more than I could hope. I highly recommend Dr. Strauss All Star Orthopedic.
in Irving, TX |
Dr. Straus may be great in the science aspect of his job however, he gets only 1 star for his attitude. When I went to see him, he entered the exam room and did not introduce himself, he did not address me by name or inquire about my injury (I understand he probably glanced at my chart before entering the room). It is breaking the ice and making small talk... a human touch if you will. His nurses were the same: cold and to the point. The only warm person was the guy who fitted me with the shoe!
in Keller. TX |
Very professional . Very Caring . Having my 2nd surgery With him & know he knows what he is doing I have not read any negative feedback on Dr. Straus. Nice staff . His PA Julie is awesome. She is the Assad. To Dr Straus during surgery. The whole staff is phenomenal. Best Orthopedic practice in DFW.
Have you seen Dr. Brian Straus, MD?

Compare Dr. Straus

}

Dr. Straus' Care Philosophy

Dr. Straus says...

Dr. Straus is trained in the latest techniques in all aspects of foot and ankle surgery.  This includes minimally invasive surgery and recent technology involving ankle replacement surgery.

Dr. Straus says...

Dr. Straus is one of a select few orthopaedic surgeons who completed a fellowship in foot and ankle surgery.  This places him in elite company regarding his ability to treat a variety of lower extremity conditions.

More details about the training of an orthopedic foot and ankle specialist may be found on the website for the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society, and click on 'The Orthopaedic Distinction.'

Dr. Straus says...

Dr. Straus' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Straus has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Straus' Board Certifications

• Bunion
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Dislocated Joint
  • Elbow Pain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Ligament Sprain
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Osgood Schlatter Disease
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteochondritis Dissecans
  • Partially Dislocated Elbow (Nursemaid Elbow)
  • Pediatric Foot Disease
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
  • Tendon Injuries
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures

Memorial Hermann Hospital

Completed in 2007

Texas A&M University / Main Campus

Graduated in 1997

Dr. Straus does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Straus and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery

• Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Neuroplasty
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment