Dr. Brian Straus, MD

Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery •  Male • Age 45

Dr. Straus

All Star Orthopaedics

400 W Lyndon B Johnson Fwy Irving, TX 75063

Dr. Brian Straus, MD is a Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery Specialist in Irving, TX. Dr. Straus has more experience with Ankle/Foot than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Baylor Scott and White Medical Center Grapevine and Medical City Las Colinas. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Straus to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery Specialists in your area

See similar Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery Specialists in Irving

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Straus accepts

Dr. Straus accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Commercial Insurance Company
Coventry Health Care
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Guardian
HealthSmart
Preferred PPO
Molina Healthcare
Principal Financial Group
Tricare
PacifiCare

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Ankle/Foot

Ankle and foot specialists diagnose and treat localized conditions such as arthritis, bunions, nerve damage, and plantar fasciitis through procedures including medication, physical therapy, and surgery.Compare with other Ankle/Foot specialists.

Typically treats 74% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 15 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Stress Fracture of Foot

Dr. Straus treats Stress Fracture of Foot more than 99% of their peers

Dr. Straus treats this condition more than 99% of their peers

Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture

Dr. Straus treats Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture more than 95% of their peers

Dr. Straus treats this condition more than 95% of their peers

• Dislocated Joint
  • Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Elbow Pain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Foot and Ankle Injuries
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Ligament Sprain
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Osgood Schlatter Disease
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteochondritis Dissecans
  • Partially Dislocated Elbow (Nursemaid Elbow)
  • Pediatric Foot Disease
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Pseudoarthrosis
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
  • Tendon Injuries
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Tibia or Fibula Stress Fracture
  • Torn Cartilage
  • Trigger Finger
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Disorders
  • Wrist Pain

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Brian Straus, MD...

Communicate via email?

Offer evening visits?

Offer weekend visits?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Dr. Straus' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Straus

4.1

Dr. Straus?
I want sent to Dr. Straus from another orthopedic doctor who suggested I needed surgery for my broken foot. As a ballet dancer I was willing to do what was needed but was concerned how pins would affect my foot flexibility. Dr. Straus took one look at my xrays and said, "You don't need surgery." I was relieved but also happy to see that he's conservative and won't do surgery unless absolutely needed.
Tiffany W. – Jan 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
Dr Straus is an excellent doctor and surgeon. He and his staff does an exceptional job operating within the constraints of an industry that is dictated greatly by what the insurance companies will allow them to perform. My insurance company at 1st denied a procedure that was deemed necessary by Dr. Straus, which was confirmed necessary by x ray and ct scan. His staff resubmitted the request and the surgery was ultimately deemed necessary by the insurance company's underwriters. I would definitely recommend Dr Straus to anybody needing orthopaedic care.
Charles Morrison in Fort Worth , TX – Jun 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
Dr. Straus took my case from a doctor in California, not knowing how complicated it would get. I have had to have 2 more surgeries and a PICC line. Dr. Straus did an amazing job with both surgeries and was great about explaining, in detail, the procedures and timeline for recovery. I always felt he was sympathetic to my challenges and extremely knowledgeable about how to correct the problems that arose. I have complete confidence in him and would highly recommend him and his staff to anyone.
Angela Cox in Ft. Worth , TX – Jun 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
I have been to All-Star twice with good result, but was disappointed to learn an hour before my son's appointment they've dropped our military insurance despite the increase in our premiums. The insurance staffer was very rude. "Thank you for your service" (25 years reserve including 5 years deployed) means a lot less than actually helping us get adequate care. It's just disappointing. I understand it's a financial decision, but the people who protect this country aren't in it for the money.
Juliette in KELLER – May 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
I liked the way he made sure I understood what was wrong with my foot in the first appointment; gave me options as to how they could fix things; and gave me realistic expections as to what they could and could not do to help me. I found the staff extremely helpful and courteous despite our difficulties with another agency in getting everything approved. I just had the surgery, but for the first time since my injury I finally feel like everything in my foot is pointed in the right direction.
Steven A in Keller – Mar 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
awful he literally stood at the door holding it while I was in there. Couldn’t get out fast enough. Didn’t even tell me what my X-rays said. I had to ask. Horrible will never go back
Mar 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
I was so pleased with the care I received from Dr. Straus. I had constant pain in both feet. He suggested orthotic inserts, which his staff custom made in his office while I waited. I have had a great reduction in my foot pain since using them! I couldn’t be happier!
Jolene – Feb 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
I was able to be seen for a consultation within 2 weeks, which I feel was appropriate since my foot problem was non urgent. I was greeted by a friendly staff who are always an extension of the physician. When I met Dr. Straus, I immediately felt comfortable and a sense of trust. He took the time to explain the proposed surgical procedure to me and answered all my questions. The care I received was outstanding and my surgery was nearly pain free.
Ione Scivally in Fort Worth , Texas – Jan 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
Dr. Straus was amazing. I had at least three foot surgeries before going to Dr. Straus. He diagnosed the problem, made recommendations after explaining the issues, and performed surgery. I'm so excited that my foot is finally free of pain. He is the best and I highly recommend him to others.
Jennifer Hazlewood in Benbrook, Texas – Jan 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
Dr Straus gave me several options and discussed the significance of each option for surgical and non surgical treatment. I decided to go with surgery and I have had a great recovery. The office is very quick and responsive to phone calls which is awesome. They got all my prescriptions called in and delivered to my house! Dr Straus is very gentle, kind, thorough and knowledgable. I strongly recommend him and his team.
Kristen Seely in Dallas, TX – Nov 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
Dr. Straus and his entire staff from check in to check out were very helpful and friendly. Dr. Straus answered all of my questions and made me feel very comfortable both before and after my surgery. Adria Dr. Straus's medical assistant was so helpful and so patient and helped me any issues I had both before and after surgery. Gabriel was awesome he took care of puting my cast on at my post op visits, he explained what he was doing and knew how to make you feel comfortable.
Karen Burrow in Grand Prairie, TX – Nov 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
Had surgery for crossover toe. On the initial visit he answered my questions never mentioned there was a possibility this wouldn't be corrected by stretching and transferring ligaments. Final follow-up visit my toe is in the same position crossed over on top of my big toe unless it is taped down. Dr. Straus said might still improve if not he could go back in cut a little of the bone. Why was this not mentioned on the first visit. Waste of time and money for nothing. Should have just bought tape
Oct 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
Dr. Straus took the time to answer all my questions for my daughter's ankle injury. He was very professional and informative. My daughter felt very comfortable with him and liked how he also explained things to her and not just mom.
Dallas, TX – Jun 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
My foot pain had become unbearable. I decided to see Dr. Straus because of his extensive medical education and foot/ankle fellowship training. He was very focused on the possible causes and solutions to the pain at the first appointment. We tried several solutions before surgery. He was excellent to explain what would happen during surgery, as well as post surgery recall and during the follow-up visits. He was very personable and caring.
Gala Johnson in North Richland Hills, TX – Jun 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
I broke my foot in September of 16' and Dr. Straus performed the surgery to fix the break, followed by a 2nd surgery 6 months later to remove the screws. He was awesome from Day 1! Extremely professional and thorough when explaining the injury as well as his recommendation. From the initial consultation to the last follow-up, I was confident in his knowledge and ability to take care of me. Dr. Straus was great at explaining what will happen during surgery, as well as post surgery re-cap.
Dallas, TX – Apr 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
Dr. Straus and his staff do an excellent job!
Coppell, TX – Apr 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
Had ankle surgery. Dr Straus was extremely nice and explained everything to expect before, during and after surgery. He took the time to answer all my questions. His assistant, Gabriel, was super nice and a huge help after the surgery!
Camilla in Coppell, TX – Apr 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
I was so disappointed and actually left in tears after my appointment with Dr. Straus. I was in severe foot pain and the appointment was expensive but I sucked it up to get help. I described my pain (sore feet/heel, especially in the am) and he gave me a blank look and proceeded to tell me that I basically just need to get over it. I have a high pain tolerance and am not a person that rushes to the dr. I have since learned that I have plantar fasciitis. I wish he hadn't wasted my time and money
Christe Chandler in Southlake, TX – Mar 12, 2017
I am very sorry to hear that you were not...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
Had a very bad big toe joint on right toe was bone on bone. Walking to mailbox and back toe would start to hurt and swelling start. Did some research and found the Cartiva Implant and that Dr. Straus did this procedure. A podiatrist about a year ago wanted to do a different procedure that put screws in front and back part of toe (artificial joint). Most of these patients had problems like worst pain than before some had to have this joint removed. Less than a week I'm walking and in no pain
roy in Ft Worth, TX – Mar 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?
Just wrapped up my last appointment with Dr. Straus after a very successful bunion repair on my right foot. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Straus if you are considering this surgery. My pre-op visits (which spanned over a year as I built the courage to actually go through the surgery), the surgery and the recovery were all phenomenal. The office works like a well-oiled machine, and all of his staff are 5-star, too. Very personal touch and attention. Expert care. Call him today!
Lauri in Lantana, TX – Jan 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Straus, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Straus?

Dr. Straus is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon. He completed his Foot & Ankle/Sports Fellowship at the Foundation for Orthopaedic, Athletic, and Reconstructive Research in Houston, TX. Dr. Straus continues to pursue the latest advancements i...Read more

• Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery

Medical University Hospital
1997
Texas A&M University / Main Campus

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Straus communicate via email?

1 user said yes. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Straus offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Straus offer an online patient portal?

1 user said yes. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Straus have free onsite parking?

1 user said yes. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Straus offer weekend visits?

1 user said no. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Straus offer evening visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

Please call the office to learn more. (972) 556-2885