Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  |
Dr. Brian Stern, DMD
Dr. Brian Stern, DMD is a dentist who practices in Powell, OH. He is 41 years old and has been practicing for 16 years.

Powell Office

40 Hidden Ravines Dr

Powell, OH 43065

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AmeriPlan
  • Ameritas
  • CareSource
  • DenteMax
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Guardian

• Extraction of Wisdom Tooth
  • Oral Surgical Procedures
  • Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
  • Teeth Extraction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • University Of Pittsburgh School Of Dental Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2001
  • University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston

Dr. Stern has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Stern has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Stern does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stern and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Stern's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stern to family and friends
Dr. Stern's Performance
in Pickerington, Oh |
I cannot say enough about Dr Stern and his staff! Patient care was excellent! Would definitely recommend to friends and family
in Columbus, OH |
Dr. Stern is incredibly knowledgeable, and strives to make you feel as comfortable as possible when it comes to whatever procedure you're going to have done. Between that and his friendly staff I highly recommend his practice!
Columbus, OH |
I would give zero star if this is one of the option! The staffs do not care at all about my condition. I waited for an hour and ended up left the office (without being seen by the doctor) because I had another appointment to go. The staffs have no idea what they are doing and think the waiting is normal. I am not coming back! This is the worst experience!
in Dublin, OH |
All went great with my son's wisdom teeth extractions. Instructions were thorough; questions were answered. The doctor called later that evening to make sure all was well. Dr. Stern and his staff made sure that an anxiety-provoking situation went quickly and smoothly!
Columbus, OH |
Dr. Stern is a good doctor.. but the staff is rude and inconsiderate about the patients.I called the office with severe tooth pain and asking for an appointment. The front desk girl was inconsideratewhen I asked for an appointment..she was just rude and I asked if I could speak with someone to talk about the nature of mine. She didn't get anyone to talk to me. She said they can't determine anything without seeing what qualification does she have to say that? I just needed to talk to someone
in Columbus, OH |
Dr. Stern and his entire staff was excellent, I would recommend him to anyone, very informative, courteous and caring and his staff is very organized and helpful.
in Lewis Center, OH |
I took my 18 year old son who has dental anxiety to Dr. Stern to get his wisdom teeth extracted. Everyone was very nice and professional. The surgery went very smooth. Dr. Stern made my son feel very comfortable. He even called later that evening to check up on him. I would highly recommend this office.
Delaware, OH |
Dr. Stern was friendly, warm, and present during my consultation with him for my wisdom teeth extraction. I voiced to him that I suffer from anxiety, and he addressed my concerns. The day of my surgery, he was very patient with me. I did not react well to the laughing gas, so I took a little more time to calm before sedation. The nurse that was assisting him, Renee, was incredible. She told me jokes to help calm me down and was patient with me. Renee is a paradigm for an exemplary nurse.
Lewis Center, OH |
The Good I have had a extraction and bone graph done here in anticipation of doing more work here,everything went fine and wanted to get a handle on the cost of the next round of implants bone graphs skin graphs and so on. This is where it goes south. The Bad Racheal Ward their implant coordinator had the hardest time giving me a straight answer to my questions, What my out of pocket cost would be ? and so on (we are talking 5 figures ) Eventually I was able to piece together a rough guestima
in Blacklick, OH |
He took a biopsy sample. Everything occurred on schedule. The only surprises, it didn't hurt as much as expected. I did not need the pain killers he prescribed. And, best of all, no surprises when the bill came. Pleasant staff and facilities. Charles W Higdon Jr
in Westerville, OH |
I have had 2 (of my six)children have Oral Surgery with Dr.Stern.Everone there is fabulous!Very patient,kind and sweet to my kids.Also very knowledgeable and understanding of my questions and concerns with the different surgical procedures my kids were receiving.Excellent and modern Facilities.I have already recommended Dr Stern to a few friends and will absolutely return to him if any of my younger kids should need Oral Surgery services:)
Dublin, OH |
Hands down the best experience I've ever had with oral surgery. I had my all wisdom teeth out recently and I was dreading it for weeks. The staff is wonderful and kept me calm and laughing the whole time. I'm sure Dr Stern is wonderful too but I was asleep for that part and don't remember a thing! It was such a comfortable (and dare I say it down right enjoyable) experience I'd have my wisdom teeth taken out again if I could.
in Columbus, OH |
My daughter needed two teeth extracted as part of her orthodontia. Because she has anxiety, I was concerned how she would tolerate the procedure. Dr. Stern and the staff were excellent. They put her at ease prior to the procedure and explained everything that was happening. When she woke up, she had a warm blanket and a reassuring staff member by her side. Dr. Stern called that evening to make sure Sarah was able to eat and was doing well. Great aftercare instructions. Highly recommend.
in Columbus, OH |
I almost very pleased with his work. I had three of my wisdom teeth removed. It was quick and I was able to continue on with life two hours after surgery. Thank you so much! It's so appreciated!
Columbus, OH |
My wife had to have two implants to replace her two front teeth. The girls in the front office are always sweet and smiling when we walk in. The girls on his surgical staff are fantastic and knowledgeable. She especially LOVES Sue, Dr. Sterns nurse. She put her mind at ease and kept her laughing with her jokes. Dr. Stern answered all of our questions and concerns about the implant process. Now my wife feels confident & beautiful with her new perfect smile! Thanks again Dr Stern & staff
in Columbus, Ohio |
I had a great experience with Dr. Stern and his staff. They are very kind and professional and helped make a scary experience less stressful. I would highly recommend their office to my family and friends.
Columbus, OH |
Terrible experience. Waited an hour past scheduled appointment time just for the consultation, and on second visit, office staff were very unprofessional, cursing and shouting at each other, mocking patients after they got off the phone with them, etc.
Columbus, OH |
Dr. Stern and his surgery staff were excellent - very professional, very competent and made you feel at ease for my surgery. Would recommend Dr. Stern and his surgery staff highly. There is room for improvement with the office staff. Not well versed with the insurance issues and could not explain to me what my charges would be each time I was there - my "estimate" was well off the real total.
Dublin, OH |
I would recommend Dr.Stern. I had a comfortable visit and was treated very well by the staffs.
in Marysville, OH |
Nurses and staff are very friendly and accommodating. Dr. Stern did a fantastic job of explaining my issue to me and what steps needed to be taken in a way that was understandable. He was very friendly and answered all of my questions. He even personally called me after my surgery to see how I was doing. Most doctors do not take it upon themselves to make that call. The fact that he took the time to do that meant a lot. A big thank you to Dr. stern and his entire staff.
Columbus, OH |
Very pleased with the care provided by Dr. Stern and his team. Thanks!
Dublin, OH |
I saw Dr. Stern for two separate oral surgeries and was very pleased with my care on both occasions. The staff is friendly and they make sure to thoroughly explain everything and answer any questions. Dr. Stern and this office know what they're doing and I would absolutely return in the future if I needed any further treatments.
in Pataskala, OH |
My entire experience from the first appointment, to the surgery, to the follow up afterwards was wonderful. The entire staff is very caring, kind, and able to put one at ease. Surgery went very well with no complications and a minimum of discomfort. I would recommend Dr. Stern and his staff to anyone.
Columbus, OH |
My experience here, from start to finish, was the best. Front desk staff were very friendly, Dr. Stern explained the procedure in detail at my consultation, and answered all of my questions thoroughly and patiently. His nurse and assistants are absolutely hands down the best! I was comfortable for my entire extraction and post-op was exactly as they explained. They were very focused on patient care! I highly recommend this practice!
in Columbus, OH |
I had my four wisdom teeth, 2 baby teeth removed as well as an impacted canine exposed. Dr. Stern worked with me to make sure I understood the risks and what exactly was going to happen. The nursing staff is very friendly and helped me relax before the surgery.
in Alexandria, Ohio |
Dr. Stern is patient & caring as well as extremely knowledgeable in dental care. Dr. Stern's staff is friendly in person (and on the phone). Dr. Stern & his staff has a passion for dental care which shows the second you show up for your first appointment. I am very happy with my new implants & glad I chose Dr. Stern.
in Ohio |
I just had all of my 4 wisdom teeth removed a week ago and I feel like everything is back to normal. The procedure was smooth and easy. If I can give Dr. Stern and his staff 100/10 I would. They were amazing! Excellent facility, staff, and doc. - Sam
Powell, OH |
My 14yo had all 4 wisdom teeth removed. Her care was excellent and she experienced absolutely zero pain. She did take Motrin for a couple of days to be safe, but nothing stronger. I would highly recommend Dr. Stern.
in Mount Gilead, OH |
I found Dr. Stern by checking Healthgrades and am happy to report it was an EXCELLENT choice! Dr. Stern's office is professional from top to bottom, and that is what makes the difference. When I had questions, the kind receptionists answered them. The nurses - and I mean every one of them - are beautiful inside and out. They genuinely care about patients and go above and beyond to comfort. Dr. Stern is intelligent and attentive. When my son needed his wisdom teeth out, we sought Dr. Stern.
in Columbus, OH |
Dr. Stern is the only physician that has called me at home to find out how I was doing after my oral surgery. He is an outstanding doctor and a good person.
in Westerville |
He explained the procedure very well to me and I felt like I had a couple of options after my first visit. I had a tooth removed with a bone graft done, I only had local anesthesia and I had no pain during the procedure and only a slight discomfort after the local wore off. Best job a dentist has ever done! I have had teeth removed before and the experience was so awful I wasn't sure it I could do it again.
in Powell, OH |
My son and I were treated with kindness and compassion by all staff member (especially the insurance specialist and the nurse who cared for Jay after his surgical procedure). Thank you for your caring and and empathy.
in Lewis Center, OH |
Very good experience.
in Delaware, OH |
Dr. Stern is very nice and made the whole experience a breeze. I was really nervous about having my wisdom teeth taken out, but he and his team made me feel very comfortable and I knew I was in good hands.
in Dublin, OH |
Took a lot of time to explain all procedures and to check back with me after the surgical procedures. Good reminders about scheduled appointments. Staff was pleasant, kept me informed throughout the Duration of the implant.
in Mechanicsburg, OH |
Great visit and results. Staff and doctor are very professional. The nurse puts you at ease and you have no qualms about the procedure. The follow up from the doctor that same evening was very unexpected and greatly appreciated. I highly recommend anyone that needs extensive dental work and has a fear of the procedure to visit this office.
in Dublin, OH |
I would recommend this doctor to people because the office works very efficiently and smooth and I had no troubles with scheduling an appointment for removal. All 4 of my wisdom teeth were impacted and the surgery went well with no complications.
in Columbus, OH |
excellent office staff and we had no problems with wisdom teeth removal just a very pleasant experience all the way around
in Petoskey, MI |
Dr. Stern and his staff exhibit the traits I look most forward to receiving whenever I am treated by medical professionals: they kept me informed as to what was happening and asked if I had any questions or was experiencing any problems. I really appreciate COMMUNICATION !
in Gahanna, OH |
I had the best experience at this office from start to finish. Dr. Stern and his staff made my visit a very pleasant, comfortable one. I would recommend this office to anyone would needs extensive dental care.
Columbus, OH |
Excellent doctor and great office staff.
in Hilliard, OH |
Wow!! is my first thought when it comes to this team. Dr. Stern, Nicole and Sue were so friendly and cheerful, they instantly put me at ease. I had reservations about the surgery I needed. I considered breaking the appointment (I had already done so once) I was more than a little frightened about it. I some how found the courage to go. When I was taken to the back I was greeted warmly and was being briefed as they were setting up the room and getting me prepped. I had No pain at all afterward.
in Powell, OH |
Dr. Stern removed all four wisdom teeth of my daughter last week and also my son last summer. The office is professional and all the employees are great. Both surgeries went very well and recovery was without complication.
in Columbus, OH |
Dr.Stern is amazing. Had my broken tooth removed with such an ease & pain free with just local anesthesia. The staff was friendly too. I am so glad that I found him. I would definitely recommend Dr.Stern. I was really anxious about the whole procedure but he did with a real expertise.
Delaware, OH |
My tooth extraction experience with Dr. Stern was a good one. He is personable and professional. He made me feel very comfortable before surgery. All the staff was kind and caring. His nurse is funny and made it so that I wasn't nervous about the surgery. All in all it was a pleasant experience!!
in Grove City, OH |
My experience with Dr. Stern and his staff was probably the best all-around experience I have ever had at a doctor's or dentist's office period! The staff is the best, they made every aspect of my procedure so easy and stress-free because they were always one step ahead of the game. Everyone was friendly and knowledgeable and there were no complications whatsoever. I would highly recommend this practice to anyone.
in Ashley, OH |
I was greeted by a very busy, impersonal front desk staff. I was asked to please come in early, 15-30 minutes so I did. Filled out paperwork, and sat there for an hour and a half. No word about running late or emergency. Got up and told them I was leaving. Not a word from any of them, not sorry to have wasted your day, want to reschedule or anything. My time is important too, and I will not sit around for hours waiting on a rude staff at a Dr's office to tell me nothing. Done with this office!!
in Lewis Center, Ohio |
Dr. Sterns office was awesome! I just had my wisdom teeth removed and the staff and doctor were great! I have only minor discomfort! Overall the process was very easy because of the amazing staff!
in Delaware, OH |
Everyone was very nice and helpful.
in Galena, OH |
Dr Stern removed a broken tooth and installed an implant for me. Both processes went without any problems. I experienced almost no discomfort. Dr Stern's imaging equipment is very impressive. You can easily see what will and has been done. Dr Stern and his staff are all very helpful and kind. I would definitely go to him again if I never need similar work in the future.
Have you seen Dr. Brian Stern, DMD?
Are you Dr. Stern?

Ameritas PPO
  • CareSource
    Delta Dental PPO
  • DenteMax
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Molina Healthcare
    MHNet - Behavioral Health
  • Principal Life
  • UniCare

View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.