Dr. Brian Richardson, MD

Practices Pain Medicine

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 3.5 after 67 reviews.
Author:
He is very professional, knowledge and shows a true compassion for his patients.
Thank you for the kind remarks. Working together we hope we can help you find some relief and really enjoy more life again.
Author:
I was initially very impressed, but my opinion quickly changed at my second appointment. After imaging results, I was told I would need injections in my neck. Nervous about that, and wanting to be thorough, I asked for an appointment to go over all possible options. At the appointment he apparently changed his opinion and told me I didn't need an injection, and that he had nothing else you offer me. I have a feeling he thought I was just another patient looking for pain medication, even though that was NEVER discussed - nor something I would ever want. I did, however, want help. But I will be going elsewhere to get it. I get there's an epidemic, and I genuinely appreciate doctors being careful. But I do not appreciate the way I felt after leaving this doctor's office.
We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations and empathize with you deeply for the pain you feel. We treat thousands of patients with a wide variety of injections that are most helpful for treating pain. However, on rare occasion, there are no good injection or medication options we can provide. We hope you can find some meaningful relief soon with a different approach.
Author:
My initial consultation was great! I was a little apprehensive to go and by the time I left I felt very comfortable with Dr. Richardchson and his staff. My 2nd appointment was to have a procedure don it started on time and everyone was so nice and caring and I felt very comfortable and Dr Richardchson was amazing I didn’t feel a thing! I will be back with hesitation in the future should I need his services again.
We are thrilled you had a really good experience with our team and hope you continue to feel better. We're happy to see you again in the future if the need arises.
Author:
He is extremely kind and personable. He called me the day before to introduce himself. He was warm, he listened, and he address the problems from multiple angles.
Thank you very much for the kind comments. We really look forward to helping you find some answers and solutions for the pain you feel. Thank you for trusting us to help you through this.
Author:
Every satisfied with my office visit. Everyone was very nice and helpful.
We're glad you are satisfied with the care we have given you. We look forward to helping you feel better again!
Author:
Dr Richardson was able to access all of my medical records/images and then diagnose and suggest a procedure to take care of the problem. He was very knowledgeable and knew about my insurance and blood thinner issues.
Thank you very much for trusting us to help you. We are hopeful we can help you find relief and improve your quality of life!
Author:
Dr. Richardson took my pain seriously instead of trying to say it was all in my head im getting the help i need thank to DR. RICHARDSON :)
We are glad you feel so comfortable with our clinic team and with your pain care needs being met. We look forward to helping you find answers and relief!
Author:
I have never in my life had a Dr. Personally call me at home to introduce himself before ever meeting him. I have now. I met with Dr. Richardson and he went over a bunch of possibilities that could be causing my pain. I really liked him. Very nice bedside manner.
We are really glad you had such a good experience with our team here at Southwest Spine and Pain. We look forward to helping you find some relief from the pain you feel!
Author:
High praise for Dr. Brian Richardson and his staff. They are warm, personable and persistent in seeking effective medical care for patients. After my insurance company denied a critical medical procedure two times, Dr. Richardson continued to pursue it with additional appeals until they approved it. He called me personally and later sent me a handwritten letter to update me on the status of the claim . Very impressed.
We very much appreciate your trust in us to care for you! Thank you for your patience with us as we worked worked hard with your insurance company to get the necessary authorizations and approval for your care.
Author:
Met with Dr. Richardson regarding pain, procedure. He did extensive research, and discovered my insurance won't cover it. He called me personally to discuss this. I am in the process of changing insurance plans, and will be returning. He was very helpful and informative.
Thank you for trusting our team to help you through this. We are happy to help and will continue to work hard with you to help you find some answers and relief. Hang in there!
Author:
Pain Management is a category of medicine that's gotten a lot of attention in the media recently. I've worked with dozens of physicians over a debilitating back injury in the past 5 years, and Dr. Richardson is by far the best physician I've worked with. In my experience, he was understanding, and happy to work with me to support the therapy that I found to be best for my circumstances. Other's may want a simple prescription or such, but Dr. Richardson cares too much for that. He's great.
Thank you very much for your thoughtful remarks. It is a real pleasure to help you find some relief. We hope we can continue to help you, and others in our valley, find improvement in your quality of life.
Author:
Very knowledgeable able to explain in layman's terms
Monica, thank you for giving your time to leave a review and for the compliment. We are delighted to serve you, to help you find some answers and solutions to your painful challenges.
Author:
He is pleasant and friendly, generally. He is a big believer is limiting the dosage of opioids no matter what the consequence to the patient. I almost didn't last long enough to start going to another clinic. He was very upset and appeared to take it personally when one of the interventions he tried didn't help. Doesn't care what meds have helped you in the past, he will only prescribe based on his comfort level.
I am sorry we didn't meet your expectations in helping you better manage the pain you are suffering from. I know the pain you feel is very real and empathize with how debilitating it can be for you and anyone else having to experience this terrible challenge. We strive to follow the current state and national guidelines for safe and responsible opioid prescribing as outlined by the Center for Disease Control, the Federation of State Medical Boards and the State of Utah.
Author:
There aren't enough characters allowed for me to tell you how wonderful this practitioner has been to me! I am no longer a patient due to a recent move, but I can tell you that he saved my life! I was over medicated and still in immense pain! Dr. Richardson helped to correct my med dosage and find better ways to treat my pain. You may not like the answers you receive the first visit, but give it time! This man knows what he's doing! I would and have gladly recommend that pain patients see him!!
Lynnette, thank you very much for taking some time leave a review and for the wonderful compliment. I appreciate the trust you placed in our entire team to help you find some ways to help you better manage your pain. We very much enjoyed caring for you and hope your move has gone well.
Author:
Go anywhere else but here. Finding anyone in pain management in Logan is difficult, but you're better off going outside of the valley than going here. Dr. Richardson and company practice "cookie cutter" medicine, do not listen, and will not work with your needs if they are at all different from what he thinks. They are way over priced and I question their ethics as well. You're better off going to Ogden, SLC, even Pocatello than going to see these guys.
I am very sorry we did not meet your expectations. We offer treatment options that are cutting edge, proven and tailored to each individual. When needed and appropriate, we follow state and national guidelines for safe and responsible opioid prescribing. Regarding our fee structure, we keep them as low as possible, considering the high quality of care our practice delivers every day. I'm happy to meet with you again to discuss your treatment options.
Author:
Dr. Richardson was wonderful. He had read through my previous medical records before my appointment, he truly listened to me and took plenty of time explaining my options. I saw him 4 times and was treated this way every time. He called the PT that he referred me to and explained my situation rather than just faxing my records over. He even called me when I canceled my last appointment (I needed a neurosurgeon) and gave me the name of the one he recommended. I truly felt like he cared.
Thank you very much for the review and the compliment regarding the care we provided for you. We hope you are well.
Author:
Dr. Richardson performed medial branch nerve blocks for my chronic back pain. Within a week I was able to walk for long periods of time and go to the zoo with my grandchildren pain free. I am feeling better now than I have for the last 5 years. The actual treatment was quick and efficient and pain free. I would definetly recommend Dr. Richardson to anyone suffering with back pain.
Kathleen, than you kindly for the feedback with the care we have provided for you and for the review. We hope you are well.
Author:
I would recommend DR. Brain Richardson because him and his staff has put up with me in very hard times. They got me off oxycodone and on the right meds, went way out of there way on a Sunday night to help talk me out of suicide. They know how to deal with me and understand the amount of pain I am in. Were other Dr.s dont care as much or not at all.
Rex, thank you very much for the feedback and for taking the time to write a review. We know how debilitating pain can be and have enjoyed caring for you.
Author:
Very informative and wonderful results!!
Leisa, thank you very much for the compliment of the care we provided for you and for the review. If there is anything else we can do to help you, please let us know.
Author:
He is very kind and professional.
Susan, the entire team here appreciates your compliment. We very much enjoy helping others who suffer with pain live better lives.
Author:
ACTUALLY listens and cares and wants to help
Thank you very much for the review and the compliment. We care about our patients and want to help them find relief from the pain they suffer from. If there is anything else we can do to help you, please let us know.
Author:
Dr. Richardson is awesome. He's so patient with me and one evening although I wasn't scheduled for a procedure he stayed late to take care of me and get me out of pain. I highly recommend Dr. Richardson.
Thank you for the kind words and review. We appreciate very much the opportunity to help you and others better manage the pain they suffer from. The team we have here is always willing to come in early, work through a lunch break or stay late, if needed, to provide a necessary treatment that will help reduce an individual's pain. If there is anything else we can do to help you, please let us know.