Dr. Brian Ranelle, DO

Dr. Brian Ranelle, DO

Ophthalmology  |

Dr. Brian Ranelle, a native of Ft. Worth, began his ophthalmology practice in 1977 after completing his fellowship in ophthalmology with the Houston Eye Associates. Dr. Brian Ranelle is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology, the Osteopathic Board of Ophthalmology, and the American College of Eye Surgeons. He is clinical associate professor at the University of North Texas Health Science Center Surgery Department and was on the board of examiners for the American Osteopathic College of Ophthalmology from 1986-2000. Memberships include: The American Medical Association, American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Osteopathic Association, Texas Medical Association, Tarrant County Medical Society, Tarrant County Ophthalmology Association, American Society for Prevention of Blindness, International Society of Refractive Surgeons and the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery. Dr. Brian Ranelle performed the first LASIK in Fort Worth and the first CK in Tarrant County. He performs laser cataract surgery using the LenSx Femtosecond Laser. Dr. Ranelle also performs intraoperative aberrometry with Smart Vision to improve clinical outcomes in cataract surgery, being one of the top 5 doctors in the U.S. to perform this advanced procedure. Dr. Brian Ranelle has over 30 years of refractive surgery experience, including LASIK, PRK, EpiLASIK, ALK and RK. He has performed thousands of LASIK procedures at Texas Eye and Laser Center with his VISX Star Laser. Dr. Ranelle has a proven record of excellence due to his commitment to Laser Vision Correction. The doctor also has extensive experience in the treatment of Glaucoma, Diabetic Retinopathy, Retinal Disease, and No-Stitch Cataract-Implant Surgery. Dr. Brian Ranelle is married and has two children. He enjoys jogging, mountain climbing and snow skiing with his family.

Texas Eye and Laser Center

1872 Norwood Dr

Hurst, TX 76054

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Ranelle

Video

See how frequently Dr. Ranelle performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Excision of Chalazion
Cataract Removal Surgery
Senile Cataracts

Dr. Ranelle's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Ranelle "At Texas Eye and Laser Center, we offer a wide range of eye care services, allowing our practice to cater to the needs of all of our patients. Our experienced and compassionate doctors have the skills to help you with all of your eye related problems. At Texas Eye and Laser Center we specialize in many types of treatments and surgeries, especially cataract and LASIK surgery."

• Ophthalmology

• Cataract
  • Chalazion
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Retina Diseases
  • Retinal Dystrophy
  • Retinal Hemorrhage
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Senile Cataracts

• Univ. Health/Science-Osteopathic Med. Kansas City
    Medical School | Graduated
    Internship Hospital | Completed
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Ranelle has no media or publications listed.

• American Academy of Ophthalmology, Member

Dr. Ranelle's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ranelle to family and friends
Dr. Ranelle's Performance
in North Richland Hills, TX |
Dr. Ranelle is very respectful and understanding of your needs. I chose the Tecnis lens based on his opinion and couldn’t be happier
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Ranelle and staff are very professional couldn't be happier. I will always come here!
in Dallas, TX |
The entire staff and Dr. Ranelle were wonderful and explained things very thoroughly. I got the traditional lens as recommend and seeing fabulous.
in Neches, TX |
Dr. Ranelle and staff are the best and I would never go anywhere else. Igor the symfony lens and my vision is incredible!
in Ft Worth, TX |
Dr. Ranelle and staff were great and kept me well informed.
in Mckinney, TX |
Very good service, extremely pleased with all around care from Texas Eye and Laser.
Flower Mound, TX |
Great!
in Ft Worth, TX |
Dr Ranelle and his entire staff presented a very professional and friendly experience. I experienced no pain with cataract surgery and recovery was fine. I highly recommend Texas Eye and Laser Center.
in Flower Mound, TX |
Was quick and easy.
in Greenville, TX |
The surgery center was very well run and professional. Texas Eye and laser is all around great people there and an excellent overall experience. Just could not have been better!
in Forney, TX |
Dr. Janelle and staff is fantastic, especially Ashley and all her help.
Dallas, TX |
Everyone from the front desk to the dr has been very nice and very professional as well as knowledgeable
in Southlake |
Thank you for your wonderful personality and caring manner throughout the two surgeries.
in Dallas, TX |
This has just been fabulous experience!
in Watauga, Tx |
My cataract removal and lens replacement experience was awesome. I received the Arcsofiq lens replacement and could see so clear the day of surgery. Colors so bright again. I cannot wait until both eyes are done. I look forward to have excellent vision again. Thank you!!!!!
I have the Lens x & I have perfect vision! It is such a blessing to have my vision restored!
Forney, TX |
The customer service, front desk, nurses, assistants, doctors and surgeons for the surgery from beginning to end was excellent!!
Bedford TX |
Everything went well and I especially liked the fact that everything was explained by all staff and Dr Ranelle did a great job of keeping me informed during the procedure
Quinlan, TX |
Excellent service, pleasantly surprised on how it went and how great vision has come.
in Hurst, TX |
Really happy with nursing staff & Dr Ranelle. He was great & i got the traditional lens.
Ft Worth, TX |
I have trusted my eyes to Dr. Ranelle for over 20 years. He is very exact in his information and his care is marvelous. He expects nothing but the best service by his staff and it shows. Everyone in the office is super friendly and professional. I feel very comfortable there. I will never go anywhere else.
in Newark TX |
He is great doctor, very knowledgeable, answered all questions and concerns that I had.
in Mansfield,Tx |
I went from ZERO to HERO SIGHT! Wonderful disposition & very comfortable. I can see my Grandson & family clearly & they sure my beautiful!
Hurst, TX |
I had the best experience with Dr. Ranelle and the whole Texas Eye and Laser Center practice. I am recommending the procedure and practice to everyone with glasses or contacts.
Haslet, Tx |
Got the traditional lens and now I can see at night to drive.
in Ft Worth, Texas |
Very good thorough job. You can tell Dr Ranelle and his staff care about his patients. Everybody was nice and helpful. Would recommend him to anybody
in North Richland Hills, TX |
The staff were super friendly. Dr. Ranelle talked to me the entire time during my lasik procedure. I haven't been able to see without corrective lenses since the first grade! Now I am 20/20!!!
in North Richland Hills, Tx |
I cannot say enough nice things about this office and my experience with them. I was aprehensive about the surgeey process and called my surgery coordinator Kelly a dozen times to put my mind (and wallet!) At ease. One time, she returned my call around 5:30 pm but I had a 2 hour work call I was about to be on..but had a couple more questions. So she called me 2 hours later when she was at home on her own time to help my anxiety . A+ customer service. And oh yea-my vision has never been better
in Colleyville, TX |
Have had a WONDERFUL experience with my Symfony lenses! Clarity is awesome & brightness is very very vivid.
in Ft Worth, TX |
I recently had cataract surgery on my left eye. I am so excited over the result. Dr Ranelle's staff is outstanding. I cannot wait to have my right eye done. I'm so grateful for Dr. Ranelle.... He is the best. Also Dr, Head is also very good at pre op and post op. They both are very thural.
in Ft Worth, TX |
I got the SYMFONY lens and am very happy with the results. Dr. Ranelle was great. Actually the whole staff is great.
in Dallas, Tc |
The experience was simply amazing. Nice people, fast and clean everything. The results of my lasik are great.
in North Richland Hills, Tx |
I had LASIK and it works great & very happy with it!
in Hurst, Tx |
I have Astimatic lenses & I have 20/20 now WITHOUT GLASSES. The office & all personnel are managed in incredible fashion & service is prompt. At 75 I feel like I have been given a wonderful gift!
in Hurst, TX |
Everything was efficient and orderly.
in Keller, TX |
Dr. Ranelle performed Cataract surgery Oct, 2011 in my left eye., with Intraocular Lens. My right eye ReStore Multifocal IOL Lens Nov. 2011. Very pleased with results, so nice to not have to where glassed. I have not been able to see this well since I was 28 years old.
in Texas |
I have Symfony lens & my vision is GREAT- I don't have to wear glasses for reading or driving.
in Dallas, Tx |
This was a most pleasant experience & everyone was great! I have the Lifestyle lens & so far So GREAT - better than I expected. THANK YOU to staff of Dr Ranelle everything's was wonderful!
in Richland Hills, Tx |
Everything's great from start to finish - no problems with my Smartvision. Everyone. On staff very helpful & Dr. Ranelle did an excellent job!
in Euless, Tx |
Great as always! First other eye surgery 30 years ago DR RANELLE IS THE BEST! I can see great & I can buy fancy non prescription sunglasses now.
in Ft worth, TX |
Had Traditional lens implants & cannot believe what a difference they have made already_ colors are fantastic & my vision is sharp! I can see clearer than ever before!
in NRH, Tx |
I always recommend Dr. Ranelle & everyone is so nice! I had the Lifestyle Cataract lens & turned out really well & I can do my makeup with glasses!
in Watauga, TX |
I just had the Symfony lens placed in both of my eyes.. My right eye is doing fantastic and my left is progressing. My left eye has always been a little weaker than my right eye..
in Hurst, TX |
Very pleased with staff, TMF lens. Professional and caring.
in Denton, Tx |
Very nice experience! Explained procedure well for traditional lenses.Non painful & completely happy & very satisfied.
in Bedford, TX |
I just had Crystalens done on my right eye. I am absolutely thrilled with the results so far. I can't wait to have my left eye done.
in Bedford , Tx |
The surgery went very well. The entire staff was excellent . The exams were extensive and complete. This was my second exam for a second opinion and I chose Dr. Ranelle for my surgery.
in North Richland hills, tx |
Surgery went smoothly and staff is wonderful! Dr ranelle is the best! I have one more eye to do and have full confidence that my next surgery will go just as well!
in North Richland Hills, TX |
This is the most professional place I have ever visited. After stressing about this and then having it done I laugh at myself for stressing. It was so easy, painless, and fast. I am especially impressed with the care I received from everyone who works there. They all were so caring and helpful. I would HIGHLY recommend this place. Dr. Ranelle is outstanding. The follow up with Dr. Head was great as well. The nurses Sandra and Tammy could not have been better.
in Colleyville Texas |
I would not recommend. I had cataract removed and Crystal Lens inserted in March 2016. I still could not see well after surgery and returned for 4 or 5 follow-up visits with Dr. Ranelle. On the last visit he said he'd get back with me on next steps. Still haven't heard back. I have now seen 2 cornea specialists, a retina specialist and an optometrist who all say Crystal Lens - or any multi-focus lens - was a very poor choice for me since I had radial keratonomy 30 years ago.
Have you seen Dr. Brian Ranelle, DO?

Visit Dr. Ranelle