Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD

Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMale

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Temple Terrace, FL and has over 15 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Palumbo has extensive experience in Knee & Lower Limb Surgery and Hip & Pelvic Surgery. He graduated from University of South Florida / College of Medicine in 2007. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as HCA Florida South Tampa Hospital and Adventhealth Tampa. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Florida Orthopaedic Institute- North Tampa - TEMPLE TERRACE

Florida Orthopaedic Institute- North Tampa - TEMPLE TERRACE13020 Telecom Pkwy North Temple Terrace, FL 33637

Florida Orthopaedic Institute

Florida Orthopaedic Institute2653 Bruce B Downs Blvd Ste 201 Wesley Chapel, FL 33544

• Practices at Top Hospital America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Recent Reviews Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at HCA Florida South Tampa Hospital

Dr. Palumbo's Reviews

Incompetent physician
It frankly was unsatisfactory. Had a partial knee replacement because he recommended that it would be best for me in October 2021. I felt something was wrong early on. I never saw the doctor after the surgery. I only saw his incompetent nurse practitioner “Erica” after my procedure. She blew off my complaints every time. The knee failed completely. After 4 months of discomfort I finally was honored by Palumbo’s appearance. He confessed that his recommendation was wrong for me and others and he would replace the inplant with something else. Really!!! I got to other opinions from 2 other orthopedic surgeons….both totally disagreed with Palumbo. I had my total knee replacement in September 2022. It has been 6 weeks and I feel the best I have felt in 2 years. No thanks to Palumbo.
Nov 10, 2022
Excellent Doctor
Professional service, excellent staff, kindness mixed with compassion.
Francis Gerety – Sep 25, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
I am in more pain after both hips replaced than before. Still have bruising, swelling 16 months post op. Sent me to outside rehab said "their rehab won’t be able to help". Spent the out of pocket money for rehab, much better therapy but no resolve . I fear Palumbo has done something very wrong. Will have to seek another doctor as Palumbo has offer zero help! So frustrating, can’t carry on with normal life due to this horrid “care”. He has not wanted to help. I am physically fit, active with low body fat and good muscle. In spite of conditioning I am unable to get past pain and be able to even do simple walking or stairs without pain. Happy to discuss with anyone considering surgery, I don’t want anyone else to suffer as I am.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Matt – Sep 13, 2022
Total hip replacement
I had a total hip replacement of my right hip on July 28, 2022. It could not have gone any better. Walking with walker within 2 hours. Walking wlth cane day aftet surgery, walking without cane next day. Now 1 month later going thru physical theropy with no issues or pain. Two more months and I am back on the golf course. The office staff at both locations are friendly and cheerful. I used the patient portal to ask questions and received answers within 20 minutes. Could not be happier with my results, the staff and doctors at Florida Orthopedics. I recommend Dr. Palumbo to anyone looking at Orthopedic surgery.
Don Costa – Aug 29, 2022
Thorough, Talented,Great Communicator
Dr. Palumbo performed a hip replacement revision on my mom,and boy did he hit a home run in our book. Our Mom is 83, and we were debating whether or not she should have the surgery. Dr. Palumbo communicated all our options clearly. He explained the pros and the cons honestly. We decided to have the surgery. Our Mom had her first hip replacement 28 years ago. We were worried they wouldn't be able to find compatible parts for the hip replacement revision, which would cause Mom's surgery to be more invasive and more difficult to recover from. Dr. Palumbo persevered and somehow tracked down a person involved with the original part, manufactured decades ago, so my mom's new hip joint fit like a glove! Beautiful. She recovered quickly and completely with--amazingly--almost no pain. We're thankful for Dr. Palumbo's skill and his hard work finding the rare part that mom needed. He's got both talent and great bedside manner, and that can be hard to find. We're grateful.
Jeanne (Robertson)Dalen – Aug 03, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
I'm a general contractor by trade and a horse enthusiast on the weekends. My condition was such I could do neither without great pain. Dr. Palumbo and the staff at Florida Orthopaedic Intstitute not only fixed me, but did so in a most professional and friendly manner. I was made to feel comfortable thru the entire prosses and had all my questions answered along the way. They gave me my active life back and for that I can't thank them enough. Sincerely, Kip Bennett
Jun 05, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
Excellent orthopedic surgeon and great staff
Dr. Palumbo performed my right knee arthroplasty last year. He is smart, caring, and an excellent orthopedic surgeon. He has a marvelous bedside manner with a profound eagerness for helping others. My and my family's thanks and recommendations are unending.
DG – Mar 18, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Palumbo and his staff. He is very kind and caring, listens and offers honest and realistic answers and solutions to your issues. If it weren't for him, I would be waiting for years for my hip replacement surgery. He brought the Operation Walk program to Florida, and I was lucky enough to qualify. I do, and will continue to recommend him to anyone who needs orthopedic care.
Laurie Bahrakis – Jan 17, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
Dr Palumbo replaced my right hip a year ago using an anterior approach. He and his staff were pleasant and professional. I will use him again if I need to
BettieS – Jan 15, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
I can`t recommend Dr. Palumbo enough. My hip and pelvis were a painful mess from receiving cancer treatment in my late teens. I needed a total hip replacement in my early 20s. It had to be revised several times (5) over the years because of the poor quality of my bone causing components to fail. I was told by my Mass surgeon, years ago, that because of so much bone loss, there wasn't much they could do so I just lived with the pain. Now, i am in my 50's & live in FL. I saw a doc at a different practice in FL for a pelvic fracture last year (that didn't require surgery), but increased my hip pain dramatically. He said he wouldn't attempt surgery on my left hip & didn't know anyone who would. It was getting harder & harder to do normal everyday things so my activity level dropped & my need for pain medicine increased. I saw Dr. Palumbo who took on my complex case & created a custom hip & pelvis for me. I am 5 months post-op, have zero pain in that hip & back to living!
Kim G. – Dec 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
Dr Palumbo, Erica, and staff are simply the best at what they do. From the initial consultation, through surgery and post op meetings, I could not be more pleased with their work. Amazed at how fast I am recovering from both left and right knee replacements and scars already fading. Highly recommend!
Mark Lowe – Dec 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
Great! Surgeon, Great bedside manner, listens and seems to really care. Doesn't rush you. You won't regret seeing him for your orthopedic needs.
G. Reece – Nov 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
Nothing worse than a practitioner that does not take the time to listen and speak with a patient. Arrogance in this way causes mistakes and negative outcomes for the patient but exacerbated when documentation is false after an adverse event. Do no harm should always be at the center of care.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Oct 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
Dr. Palumbo performed a left knee replacement for me in July, 2021. I traveled from Sarasota to have him operate because of his stellar credentials and the ease of working with his staff right from first contact. The knee surgery was and is a complete success and I healed and regained my full flexibility so fast that my physical therapists were stunned. His staff of assistants were both responsive and thorough, arranging my post-op care with ease. What a satisfying surgical experience!
Ann G. – Oct 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
Had total replacement of my left knee in July of 2020. Middle of August I'm ready to go back to my very physical job of railroad work. Heavy repairs, lifting, cutting, welding etc. I had to travel over an hour to get to this doctor because no other doctor in my area would do the surgery. This doctor said he would on the first visit and that he even fixes other doctor's screw ups. The only thing he needs to work on is his appointment keeping. Be prepared for him to be at least an hour behind appointment times. This happened to me regularly for my visits. If you have a 10 am appointment, don't expect to get into the office until after 11am....other than that I highly recommend him.
Brian Broda – Oct 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
I was fortunate to have Dr Palumbo to do my knee replacement and it was perfect. His instructions, guidelines made me easy to recover fast. His staff is very co-operative and efficient and follow-ups are pretty easy. Dr Palumbo is one of the best orthopedic surgeons and I highly recommend for knee replacements. He is pleasant and have lot of patience to answer my concerns. I felt my knee was in good hands.
Syam Tangirala – Sep 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
Dr. Palumbo and staff were pleasant, efficient and professional. To schedule appointments and surgeries were very easy. The follow up appointments were handled very well. I had both hips replaced. I experienced very little pain or down time.
Angela Maultsby – Sep 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
One of the best orthopedic surgeons. He goes above and beyond to make sure his patients are doing well. If you need a surgeon who treats you with respect and goes above and beyond to provide best care than Dr. Plumbo is the answer to your prayers. I have been to other specialities and was treated as a number but Dr. Palumbo and his staff Nurse Practioner Erica and his assistant Soily, they are all amazing. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Syeda Bokhari – Sep 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
This is not specific to Dr Palumbo - already left a review on his poor service. This is about the Florida Orthopedic Institute (FOI) Billing dept. as it relates to Radiology (MRI ) services. A family member required an MRI - our insurance information was provided and we asked for the cost and were told the estimate was $ 100. We paid $100 at the time of service as were told the cost would be. Now FOI has sent us a bill for $494 for a total cost of $594.
FOI poos business practices – Sep 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
He was kind, and informative
Jul 15, 2021

1 malpractice claim Found
  • Settlement (5/18/2020)View details

Frequently Treated by Dr. Palumbo

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Palumbo treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Palumbo treats other conditions, please contact the office at (813) 978-9700.

Knee & Lower Limb Surgery

Knee and lower limb surgeons perform procedures such as total knee replacement, partial knee replacement, and tendor repair, to treat conditions including arthritis, ligament tears, or bone fractures.Compare with other Knee & Lower Limb Surgery specialists.

Dr. Palumbo is experienced in the area of Knee & Lower Limb Surgery. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 30 conditions and procedures

Normal
High
Very High

Hip & Pelvic Surgery

Hip surgery includes arthroscopy, fracture repair, resurfacing, and replacment to treat conditions affecting the hip, such as arthritis, dysplasia, and injuries.Compare with other Hip & Pelvic Surgery specialists.

Dr. Palumbo is experienced in the area of Hip & Pelvic Surgery. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 12 conditions and procedures

Check Dr. Palumbo's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Palumbo's conditions and procedures:

• Avascular Necrosis
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Resurfacing
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Total Hip Replacement
  • Unicompartmental Hip Surgery

Dr. Palumbo accepts

Dr. Palumbo accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Tufts PPO
UniCare
UniCare PPO
WellCare

I am extremely passionate and dedicated to ensuring that my patients receive the best treatment available for all of their musculoskeletal needs.

Dr. Palumbo received his medical degree from the University of South Florida College of Medicine. He then completed a five year orthopaedic surgery residency...Read more

2013
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA / COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
University of South Florida College of Medicine
University of South Florida

• Elected to the Barness/Behnke Chapter of the Gold Humanism Honor Society, 03/2012

• Complicated Extraction of an Incarcerated S-ROM Prosthesis Secondary to Osseous Ingrowth into the Distal Coronal Slot: A Case Report. Journal of Arthroplasty. March 2011., 03/2011
  • Results of Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty Using Tapered Femoral Modular Stems., Dec 2012
  • Initial Experience of the Journey-Deuce Bicompartmental Knee Prosthesis: Review of Thirty-Six Cases. Journal of Arthroplasty- AAHKS sup, 05/2011
  • Advances in Segmental Endoprosthetic Reconstruction for Extremity Tumors: A Review of Contemporary Designs and Techniques, 06/2011
  • FOS Expands Grass Roots Advocacy Program, 02/2012