Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD

Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 42

Telehealth services available

Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Temple Terrace, FL. Dr. Palumbo has more experience with Knee & Lower Limb Surgery and Hip & Pelvic Surgery than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as HCA Florida South Tampa Hospital and Adventhealth Tampa. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Palumbo to book an appointment.

Florida Orthopaedic Institute

94.19087136929461%
0.8298755186721992%
0.8298755186721992%

Dr. Palumbo

Great! Surgeon, Great bedside manner, listens and seems to really care. Doesn't rush you. You won't regret seeing him for your orthopedic needs.
G. Reece – Nov 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
Nothing worse than a practitioner that does not take the time to listen and speak with a patient. Arrogance in this way causes mistakes and negative outcomes for the patient but exacerbated when documentation is false after an adverse event. Do no harm should always be at the center of care.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Oct 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
Dr. Palumbo performed a left knee replacement for me in July, 2021. I traveled from Sarasota to have him operate because of his stellar credentials and the ease of working with his staff right from first contact. The knee surgery was and is a complete success and I healed and regained my full flexibility so fast that my physical therapists were stunned. His staff of assistants were both responsive and thorough, arranging my post-op care with ease. What a satisfying surgical experience!
Ann G. – Oct 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
Had total replacement of my left knee in July of 2020. Middle of August I'm ready to go back to my very physical job of railroad work. Heavy repairs, lifting, cutting, welding etc. I had to travel over an hour to get to this doctor because no other doctor in my area would do the surgery. This doctor said he would on the first visit and that he even fixes other doctor's screw ups. The only thing he needs to work on is his appointment keeping. Be prepared for him to be at least an hour behind appointment times. This happened to me regularly for my visits. If you have a 10 am appointment, don't expect to get into the office until after 11am....other than that I highly recommend him.
Brian Broda – Oct 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
I was fortunate to have Dr Palumbo to do my knee replacement and it was perfect. His instructions, guidelines made me easy to recover fast. His staff is very co-operative and efficient and follow-ups are pretty easy. Dr Palumbo is one of the best orthopedic surgeons and I highly recommend for knee replacements. He is pleasant and have lot of patience to answer my concerns. I felt my knee was in good hands.
Syam Tangirala – Sep 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
Dr. Palumbo and staff were pleasant, efficient and professional. To schedule appointments and surgeries were very easy. The follow up appointments were handled very well. I had both hips replaced. I experienced very little pain or down time.
Angela Maultsby – Sep 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
Did quite a bit of research before selecting knee replacement provider. It really paid off! Dr Palumbo, his staff, his facilities, and methodology is absolutely top notch. So happy with my choice to use him for my knee replace the. Highly recommend for anyone considering the same.
Happy Knee Replacement patient – Sep 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
One of the best orthopedic surgeons. He goes above and beyond to make sure his patients are doing well. If you need a surgeon who treats you with respect and goes above and beyond to provide best care than Dr. Plumbo is the answer to your prayers. I have been to other specialities and was treated as a number but Dr. Palumbo and his staff Nurse Practioner Erica and his assistant Soily, they are all amazing. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Syeda Bokhari – Sep 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
This is not specific to Dr Palumbo - already left a review on his poor service. This is about the Florida Orthopedic Institute (FOI) Billing dept. as it relates to Radiology (MRI ) services. A family member required an MRI - our insurance information was provided and we asked for the cost and were told the estimate was $ 100. We paid $100 at the time of service as were told the cost would be. Now FOI has sent us a bill for $494 for a total cost of $594.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
FOI poos business practices – Sep 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
He was kind, and informative
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Jul 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
Great doctor experience, lengthy wait time, staff very busy but would highly recommend Dr Palumbo to anyone needing a highly qualified orthopedic doctor!
Jul 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
I did not want to get both of my knees replaced. I tried everything from steroid shots to gel injections, but I had no choice. I am so happy Dr. Palumbo was my doctor through all of this...he is the best in Tampa and now I am pain free and back to my normal life. Don't wait, call his office today!
Jan P. – Jul 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
Dr Palumbo is the Best Orthopedic Surgeon. I was in a life changing motorcycle accident in 2017. After many surgeries and several Orthopedic Doctors, I was told they were going to take my leg above the knee due to infection. I met with Dr Palumbo and he said, the last thing I want to do is to take your leg. Working closely with my infectious disease Doctor and many surgeries, I still have my leg. He designed a device that allows my leg to bend as if I had a knee. Dr Palumbo took the time, had the determination and the talent to save my leg. Caring, Compassionate and a great surgeon. Thanks again Dr Palumbo and all the staff at Florida Orthopedics. You all went above and beyond expectations!
Terry V Williams – Jul 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
Dr. Palumbo maybe a good surgeon, but he demonstrated an unprofessional bedside/office manner to my Mom, so much so, that the Quality department got involved, and all I asked was that he apologize to her, and he refused. So, on that note, as an RN that has worked with many ortho surgeons in Tampa, I do not recommend him.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Trina Mattingly – Jun 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
Dr.Palumbo is the best orthopedic surgeon. He is the only surgeon that was able to assist with my situation. I was so happy and mobile with the first procedure on one knee that I went back for the other knee. He is awesome.
Mobile Again – May 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
I had knee surgery by another dr. This led to an infection. Dr Palumbo stepped in and helped me with another surgery. Dr Palumbo has done an amazing job . I feel he is doing everything possible to get rid of the infection, saving my leg and live the rest of my life.
Leon Merkle – Apr 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
I met with Dr Palumbo for a second opinion about a hip replacement. He used digital x-rays and was able to expand the images to show me where I had issues. He answered all my questions in a personable, professional way. We discussed what technique he would use for my surgery and he recommended the anterior approach for me, which meant a quicker recovery with few restrictions. He successfully performed the surgery. His team made sure I had all the support and medications I needed for a non-eventful recovery The physical therapist has me walking outdoors ten days after surgery without a walker. Everyone is very responsive. When I requested a few additional days of PT the prescription was transmitted the next day.
Apr 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
It has been three years since Dr. Palumbo did my partial knee replacement. Before the replacement I couldn't walk more than a few feet without pain. I am so happy I had this replacement. It has been a life changer. Thank you Dr. Palumbo.
Jo Ann Kruk – Apr 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
Had my 2nd. knee replacement this past month. My experiences with the 1st knee replacement caused me to have him do the 2nd one and I was not disappointed! As a matter of fact it was better in as much as the hospital Advent Health (carrolwood). Dr. was very direct in his instructions along with providing ample prescription to address a swelling after the procedure which quickly corrected my issue. time in hospital was reduced to same day which was reduced from previous process. Well satisfied with Dr. Palumbo BUT hope not to see him in the near future!!
John Mochel – Mar 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?
Dr. Palumbo is exceptional at dealing with difficult cases. I had a revision of a revision of my hip. It was complicated, tricky, and painful. Dr. Palumbo studied my case and determined a surgery procedure that would correct the problem.. It seems it did perfectly. I am 2 months after surgery and doing great. Thank you Dr. Palumbo.
Arlene Smith – Mar 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Palumbo?

1 malpractice claim Found
  • Settlement (3/20/2017)View details

Frequently Treated by Dr. Palumbo

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Palumbo treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Palumbo treats other conditions, please contact the office at (813) 978-9700.

Knee & Lower Limb Surgery

Knee and lower limb surgeons perform procedures such as total knee replacement, partial knee replacement, and tendor repair, to treat conditions including arthritis, ligament tears, or bone fractures.Compare with other Knee & Lower Limb Surgery specialists.

Dr. Palumbo is experienced in the area of Knee & Lower Limb Surgery. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 30 conditions and procedures

Normal
High
Very High

Hip & Pelvic Surgery

Hip surgery includes arthroscopy, fracture repair, resurfacing, and replacment to treat conditions affecting the hip, such as arthritis, dysplasia, and injuries.Compare with other Hip & Pelvic Surgery specialists.

Dr. Palumbo is experienced in the area of Hip & Pelvic Surgery. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 12 conditions and procedures

• Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Avascular Necrosis
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Bunion
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Total Hip Replacement
  • Unicompartmental Hip Surgery

Dr. Palumbo accepts

Dr. Palumbo accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Tufts PPO
UniCare
UniCare PPO
WellCare

I am extremely passionate and dedicated to ensuring that my patients receive the best treatment available for all of their musculoskeletal needs.

Dr. Palumbo treats patients with a spectrum of conditions including extremity fractures and general musculoskeletal issues. His specific clinical interest...Read more

Harvard University | Brigham and Women's Hospital
University of South Florida
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
2003
University of South Florida / College of Medicine
2003
University Of South Florida

• Elected to the Barness/Behnke Chapter of the Gold Humanism Honor Society, 03/2012

• Complicated Extraction of an Incarcerated S-ROM Prosthesis Secondary to Osseous Ingrowth into the Distal Coronal Slot: A Case Report. Journal of Arthroplasty. March 2011., 03/2011
  • Initial Experience of the Journey-Deuce Bicompartmental Knee Prosthesis: Review of Thirty-Six Cases. Journal of Arthroplasty- AAHKS sup, 05/2011
  • Results of Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty Using Tapered Femoral Modular Stems., Dec 2012
  • FOS Expands Grass Roots Advocacy Program, 02/2012
  • Advances in Segmental Endoprosthetic Reconstruction for Extremity Tumors: A Review of Contemporary Designs and Techniques, 06/2011