Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD
Dr. Palumbo received his medical degree from the University of South Florida College of Medicine. He then completed a five year orthopaedic surgery residency at the University of South Florida Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine. Further, he concluded his training with a one year surgical fellowship in advanced joint replacement surgery at Harvard Combined Orthopaedics/Brigham and Woman's Hospital. Currently he is Board Certified in Orthopaedic surgery and practices at the Florida Orthopedic Institute (FOI). He is an Assistant Professor at the University of South Florida Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine Residency and is a member of the American Academy of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS). Specialties: Hip and knee joint replacement, revision hip and knee joint replacement, periprosthetic infections, knee arthroscopy, partial knee replacement, direct anterior hip replacement and patient specific knee replacement.

Florida Orthopaedic Institute

• Tufts Health Plan
  • UniCare
  • WellCare

Learn about Dr. Palumbo

I am extremely passionate about my profession and I'm dedicated to ensuring that my patients receive the best treatment available for their musculoskeletal problems

Dr. Palumbo's Experience

Dr. Palumbo's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Knee Ligament Injuries
  • Knee Ligament Rupture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

• University Of South Florida Department Of Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Harvard Orthopaedics/Brigham and Women's Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

• Elected to the Barness/Behnke Chapter of the Gold Humanism Honor Society, 03/2012
  • Results of Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty Using Tapered Femoral Modular Stems., Dec 2012
  • Complicated Extraction of an Incarcerated S-ROM Prosthesis Secondary to Osseous Ingrowth into the Distal Coronal Slot: A Case Report. Journal of Arthroplasty. March 2011., 03/2011
  • Advances in Segmental Endoprosthetic Reconstruction for Extremity Tumors: A Review of Contemporary Designs and Techniques, 06/2011
  • Initial Experience of the Journey-Deuce Bicompartmental Knee Prosthesis: Review of Thirty-Six Cases. Journal of Arthroplasty- AAHKS sup, 05/2011
  • FOS Expands Grass Roots Advocacy Program, 02/2012

Dr. Palumbo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Palumbo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Palumbo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Palumbo to family and friends
Dr. Palumbo Says:

Thank you to all my patients for your kind words. It's my privilege to care for you. I love my profession. Seeing you improve, become healthier and happier make my job worthwhile.

Sincerely,

Dr. Brian T. Palumbo

Dr. Palumbo's Performance
in Tampa, FL |
Went to Dr. Palumbo for a second opinion based on his excellent online reviews . He confirmed the best option was surgery. But, unlike my previous doctor, his bedside manner and ability to explain the issues made me comfortable enough to schedule surgery. He did a great job repairing my knee, so I was able to get back to work much sooner than I had expected.
in Ridge Manor, FL |
Dr Palumbo has replaced both of my knees. He was very straightforward beforehand and helped me properly understand the healing process. The incisions are both neat and hardly noticeable. No regrets.
Paul, thank you for the kind review. Dr. Palumbo is a phenomenal surgeon and cares immensely about his patients.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Palumbo did a partial knee replacement 3 months ago. I received excellent care and guidance with Home Care and Orthopaedic therapy and can now say I am back to the gym, aqua fitness, walking. It did take lots of work on my part and am pleased with my progress. Thank you Dr. Palumbo and your staff.
Thanks Donna! We are happy hear you are back to being active!
in Wesley Chapel, FL |
Dr. Palumbo was recommended to me by my primary physician, Nelly Chambers. I trusted her so I made the appointment and found that Dr. Palumbo was an excellent surgeon and doctor. He was very patient and competent. He answered all of my questions before and after surgery, treated me with a great bedside manner. I highly recommend him for all of your Orthopedic needs. His staff is great too!
Thank you Ruth Christ Marenda! We are grateful to have awesome patients like you!
in Lake Mary, FL |
Best knee surgeon ever! From office visits to surgery, and after surgery visits, GREAT!! Recovery from knee total replacement was only 5 weeks, where it usually takes 6 to 8 weeks for recovery time. No more pain! Thank You Dr. Palumbo!!!
Thanks Mr. John Stewart! We will be sure to share this with Dr. Palumbo.
in Valrico, FL |
Dr. Brian Palumbo has given me the results I was hoping and praying for. After multiple knee surgeries I continued to get between 35 to 45 degrees range of motion. Finally a well know Orthopedic Surgeon recommend me to go see Dr. Palumbo for his expertise, and the rest is history. I am now in physical therapy already at 90 degree flection, and working very hard to continue my improvement. Thank you so much Dr. Palumbo for helping get my life back on track. God bless.
Thank you for the awesome testimonial Truby! We are happy to hear that you received the care you deserve.
in Bellevue, WA |
MY HERO THE SURGEON June 7, 2017 one of the best days of my life. While viewing my hip replacement x-ray w/Brian Palumbo, He Says "It's Exactly Where I Put It" My response "Just Beautiful" Dr. Palumbo's Spot On Expertise, Sincerity, Passion, Attitude, Genuineness, Handshake, Demeanor are all so Heart Warming in today's world. Be Rest Assured that You are in "Good Hands" W/ Dr. Brian Palumbo Let Him Fix You. Do Not Delay as I Had. Needless Pain I Suffered for one year
Awe, thanks Ruthie! We will show this to Dr. Palumbo. He is an excellent surgeon and we are happy to hear you had an excellent experience.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Palumbo gave my mom her life back. He is incredibly gifted & by far the best in his field. I believe his techniques are superior to that of other surgeons. After our first appointment, I knew we had the right Dr. After hip surgery, I wouldn't dream of taking my mom to anyone else. Not only is he the young Cracker Jack in his field, but he is a warm, patient, compassionate & down to earth man. Brian, you gave my mom the gift of mobility, my gratitude runs deeper than I can ever express.
Thank you Laura! Dr. Palumbo strives to give his patients the best outcome possible. We thank your mom for choosing us for her care.
seffner, fl |
I liked that he did not rush into surgery but tried everything he could before recommending surgery. During office visits I never felt rushed and he answered all my questions. I have and will continue to recommend him to my friends with knee and hip issues.
in Wesley Chapel, FL |
Dr. Palumbo is the absolute best Orthopedic Surgeon and Medical Doctor I have ever met and been treated by. He performed a Revision Knee Replacement Surgery that corrected a previous knee replacement surgery conducted by another doctor in another county less than 5 years ago. The pre-op, surgery, and post-op treatment I have received from Dr. Palumbo was nothing short of fantastic. He is genuine and sincere about making you better. Thank you Dr. Palumbo and your staff.
in Winter Haven, FL |
Very pleased with Doctor Palumbo. My original surgeon consulted and referred me to Dr. Palumbo after my knee prosthetic became infected after 3 years. My original surgeon recommended Dr. Palumbo because of his experience and Florida Hospital's Infectious Disease Team. My knee presented a persistent infection but Dr. Palumbo and his team took care of me and I'm Happy to say back on my feet and infection is taken care. Highly recommend Dr. Palumbo for any knee replacement or revision surgeries.
Thank you Larry! We will be sure to share this with Dr. Palumbo.
in Wesley Chapel |
Dr. Palumbo is a helpful and caring doctor. When I had a little emergency (not provoked by him) he immediately answered our calls and gave us direction way beyond our expectations. He answered our questions, never in a hurry. Oh, the incision? a work of art, which shows me how meticulous he is in
Thanks Norma! Dr. Palumbo is great!
in r Thonotosassa FL |
I had both knees full replaced first one Feb 17,2017 and the second. April 3 2017 I am at113 degrees on each leg working part- time it was a very successful and I recomend Dr Palumbo. To. Everyone that ask me. About my knees
Thanks David! We are so happy to hear you are doing well!
Dade City, FL |
Dr. Palumbo is very kind, caring and professional. He explained and was willing to try non-surgical options first before rushing to surgery. I had right knee arthroscopy with meniscectomy and it went very well. Would highly recommend him!
Thank you for choosing us for your care!
in Tampa, FL |
I think he is one of the best doctor.
Thank you Cheryl!
Ruskin, FL |
Great doctor, kind caring and professionaland wonderful assistant! My surgery went well and my new hip is terrific.
Thank you for choosing Florida Orthopaedic Institute for your care! We will share your success story with Dr. Palumbo!
in Land O Lakes Fl |
Definitely would recommend Dr. Palumbo for hip surgery. One night stay and quick recovery. Set up home health and physical therapy for when I came home from hospital. Doing physical therapy at Wesley Chapel office now and therapists are great. Was afraid to have the surgery but was very surprised at how easy it all went. Should have done it a year ago.
Thanks Anne! We are so happy to hear you're doing well. Thank you for choosing Florida Orthopaedic Institute for your care!
in dade city, fl |
Very happy with my hip replacement in February 2017. Pre-op, post-op and surgery went great.
Thanks John! We are happy to hear it!
in Port Richey, FL |
Dr. Brian Palumbo was understanding of my wants and needs for my hip surgery from the first consultation. He took into consideration all other health issues I had and we discussed a plan of surgery, Rehabilitation, and recovery. Let me say that, Florida Hospital Tampa, Advanced Wellness Rehab and Achieve Home Health, had nothing but great respect and praise for his abilities and success rates. They have strict guidelines they must follow for hip and knee replacements through his office.
Thank you Wallace! We are pleased to hear that your experience was well orchestrated. Thank you for choosing Florida Orthopaedic Institute for your care.
in Hernando Beach, FL |
Recently had a total hip replacement done by Dr. Palumbo. I searched long and hard for the best surgeon for the job and he came well recommended. I am so glad I chose him for the job. All went well and I'm quickly recovering. The nurses and therapists at the hospital said they love working on Dr. Palumbo's patients because there's never a problem and they are farther along in recovery then patients from other doctors. He is a great guy and really cares for his patients.
Joe, thank you for sharing your story! We are so happy to hear you had a wonderful experience. We will be sure to share your review with Dr. Palumbo and his team.
in Lithia, FL |
Two weeks out from Hip Replacement Surgery and Dr. Palumbo is telling me to slow down. Highly recommended
Hi Jane, Thank you for the positive review! We are happy to hear you are doing well!
Zephyrhills, FL |
Long waiting time before you get to see the Dr
Oh no! We are sorry you experienced a long wait time. We will always do our very best to meet your appointment time as close as possible. However, our physicians may need to spend a little more time than anticipated with other patients. Again, we apologize for the delay but rest assured you are in great hands with this doctor.
in Tampa, FL |
100% would recommend him to anyone and everyone especially family and friends....he's very to the point and direct, explained everything and I now have my life back!
Thanks for choosing Florida Orthopaedic Institute for your care Diane! We appreciate your kind words about your experience with Dr. Palumbo.
wesley chapel, fl |
At my first appointment, Dr. Palumbo explained my hip problem in detail and explained what he would do to correct the problem. The operation went smoothly with no complications and I was allowed to return home the following day. During my follow-up visits, Dr. Palumbo explained my progress and answered all of my questions.
Thank you for the awesome review about your experience with Florida Orthopaedic Institute!
Clearwater, fl |
Dr. Palumbo was very knowledgeable about the latest updates in his field. He explained throughly all the options there was for my knee and listened carefully to my concerns for the post-op expectations. He has great confidence in his staff and is completely professional.
Thank you for the kind remarks! We will share your review with Dr. Palumbo and his team.
Land O Lakes, FL |
I was seeing Dr Palumbo for 5 months for my knee. All I can say is he didn't help me at all with my knee. Put he sure took my money. Told me nothing was wrong with my knee. It's so swollen and stiff and always in pain. Told me to go see a psychiatrist!!! Not caring at all!!! I wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy!!!!!
Dear Valued Patient, I'm deeply sorry to hear you had a poor experience. I'm well aware of your case and circumstance . I'm sorry I could not find an explanation for your pain. Further, I did not feel the surgery you requested to have performed was medically indicated. I'm happy to speak with you at any time if you would like to address your concerns. I will go above and beyond to ensure you are well cared for and do my best to find a solution for your pain. Sincerely, Dr. Palumbo
in Dade City,FL |
I've never had any major surgery so I was very apprehensive about my complete knee replacement. Dr. Palumbo, and his staff, were very reassuring. Dr.Palumbo told me he would take good care of me and he did. His office did all of the hospital scheduling making the process so much easier. I have scheduled my left knee in April...only so far away because of scheduling on my end.
Hi Sharon, We are so happy to hear about your successful knee replacement surgery with Dr. Palumbo. Surgery is scary and we strive to make the care you receive top notch! We are grateful for patients like you! Rest assured we will share your nice review with Dr. Palumbo and his team. -Patient Experience Team
in Brooksville, Florida |
Dr. Palumbo is personable, thorough and passionate about his work. Although he is very busy, he takes time with his patients to review test results and answer questions about treatment and procedures. I was very nervous about my total knee replacement surgery, but he made me feel very confident that I would be well taken care of, and I was.
Hi Karen, Thank you for the kind remarks about your experience with Dr. Palumbo. We've shared your review with he and his team. We are so grateful to have patients like you! I hope you are back to being active! Patient Experience Team
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Palumbo performed arthoroscopic surgery on my knee to remove loose bodies (bone fragments) and the surgery has made a profound positive impact on my ability to get back to my normal daily activities without having my knee lock up unexpectedly, causing intense pain. The surgery went very well with no complications and the recovery has gone smoothly. The FOI PT/rehab has been very helpful to regain strength and flexibility in my knee. I am very appreciative of Dr. Palumbo's work.
Hi Donna! Thank you for the kind review. We will share this with Dr. Palumbo and the therapy team. Happy Healing!
in Dade City, FL |
He did a hip replacement surgery on me and I was very satisfied with the results.
Thank you John! We will let him know. Kim
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. P. performed a total knee replacement on my right knee. I was wounded in Vietnam by a sniper while I served as a combat Marine. The shot took out about 45% of my cartilage. As I aged, arthritis set in. It gradually abraded the rest. I was walking bone-on-bone for the past few years. It was as if someone stuck a dagger into my knee anytime I put weight on it. I began to limp very badly and my leg started to bow. I lost 2 inches in height. Dr. P. reversed all of this 100%. HE IS THE BEST!!!
in Tampa, Fl |
Dr. Polumbo is an excellent surgeon. He is professional, polite and thorough. He answered all my questions and concerns. Both he and his office made both surgical procedures (TKR) before, during and after surgery stress and event free. I am able to walk, exercise and enjoy life without pain. In the event I need his services in the future he will be my first choice, even if I live in another state.
in Land O'Lakes, FL |
Dr. Palumbo is GREAT! I have met with some orthopedic surgeons in the Tampa area, a couple who were recognized by many as the best in the field; well Dr. Palumbo leaves them in his dust. He is top drawer, head and shoulders above all the others. Dr. Palumbo is just very, very good. He is personable, approachable, and painless (as painless as knee replacement can be)! He is just a super guy. And Dr. Palumbo is a veteran.
in Plant City , Florida |
Dr. Palumbo was recommended to visit . From day one I felt more comfortable the professional atmosphere was comforting and reassuring .The office staff and the doctor worked as a team to insure all patients have a " warm fuzzy feeling", during surgery prep and recovery .I have used two other surgeons and there is no comparison to the quality .Dr. Palumbo is associated with Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel who contributed in my surgery and recovery. God willing I'm thru with surgeries .THANK YOU!
in Dade City, FL |
Dr Palumbo is a fantastic doctor. His surgical skills are great. He is up to date with all the latest information. He has done a revision and now I have had a replacement I couldn't be more satisfied.
in Wesley Chapel, FL |
I had a right hip replacement in September 2016. I interviewed a few doctors to do my surgery and found Dr. Palumbo to be, not only knowledgeable and able to communicate effectively, but a great listener. I was in pain and afraid (this was my first surgery) and Dr. Palumbo took time to answer all my questions and even show me visually what he would be doing. I would highly recommend Dr. Palumbo because he is talented and has great people skills. A perfect combo!!!
in Seffner, FL |
I like most, was apprehensive and anxious about having to undergo a bilateral total knee replacement on both of my legs. Dr. Palumbo's professional demeanor and sincerity provided me the assurance that he truly cares for his patients providing me the peace of mind to pull the trigger. I had one knee replaced in July and the second in September with only one night in the hospital followed by in home therapy thereafter. I now have full mobility & am PAIN FREE! Dr Palumbo & his staff are the BEST!
in Lakeland, Florida |
Had Knee surgery in August 2016. Dr. Palumbo was very personable and a very skilled Dr. I only have good things to say about him and his staff. I was pretty much pain free after two weeks and off medicine then. I have full use of my knee and am able to walk and go up steps easily. I am even able to do squats, not bad for a 65 year old, overweight women. Great job Dr. Palumbo.
in Lutz, FL |
I want to thank Dr Palumbo, his staff, and Fla Hospital Wesley Chapel for all they have done for me. My knee surgery results are terrific, only a few weeks after. Also thanks to my outpatient therapist Andre at Fla Ortho for all of his help. My knee is improving daily, and I've scheduled for Dr Palumbo to do my other knee in two months.
in Tampa, FL |
I did my right knee replacement in june and I really had best experience ever. so I decided to do my left knee and again amazing experience, I would recommend Dr, Palumbo to everybody I am so lucky to have him do my operation. Thank you Dr. I am walking so good no pain.
Tampa, FL |
Very knowledgeable and current with state of the art techniques. Excellent office/bedside manner. My knee replacement surgery went much better than I expected with minimal discomfort. I will have him do my other knee when the time comes.
in Lutz, FL |
Dr. Palumbo corrected a very poorly healed broken leg. He is an excellent surgeon and is excellent in explaining what is going on. I highly recommend him if you have problems with your knees!
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Palumbo performed my total knee replacement in June and I would give him 10 stars if the site allowed it. He was caring, thoughtful and, most importantly, a marvelous surgeon. I was walking without a walker in less than two weeks and went white-water rafting at six weeks. These results may not be typical, but his surgical technique paired with his quiet, confident manner made it possible. His compassion was over and above the expected and I'm grateful for every kindness.
in Wesley Chapel, FL |
I had bad knees for many years. Last year 2015 the left knee replacement in another state was a disaster such that it was 33 days before I went to my home. I decided to get the other knee done locally and lucked to find Dr Palumbo. All went very well. I just wish he were not so busy that office visits went as scheduled without the usual long wait times.
in zephyrhills |
I highly recommend Dr. Palumbo. He is a fine doctor and very thoughtful. I had my knee surgery and after a few days the pain was gone. Six weeks and I was able to do almost anything. Its been 8 weeks since my surgery and now I can play golf again. Great job, I should have done this a year ago. Its not as bad as some people say, just do the therapy. Thanks Dr. Palumbo, your the best.
in Tampa, FL |
I had such a great experience with Dr. Palumbo! He performed a partial knee replacement on my right knee six weeks ago. I am doing GREAT! I can walk without a limp or pain. Something I hadn't had for two years. Dr. Palumbo is concerned with patient comfort and minimal pain throughout the entire process. He is a kind and caring doctor. I have already referred several of my friends to him.
in Hudson, FL |
After 7 failed surgeries with 2 other docs,over a period of almost 2 1/2 years Dr. Palumbo fixed my rt. knee w/ 1 surgery and 2mo. of P.T. Sincerely,Robert Stia
in Plant City, FL |
I had two total knee replacements (within five months) done by Dr. Palumbo, and had excellent results. Within one day, I was walking pretty well without the aid of a walker or a cane! After only three weeks, I am able to ride my bicycle, play pickleball, work out at the gym, and resume most normal activities. As expected, I still have some aching, as I'm sure it continues to heal even more as time progresses. I have already recommended him to others in need of knee surgery.
in Hudson fl. 34667 |
I had met Dr. Palumbo thru my medical primary because I was limping very badly, Dr. Palumbo took xrays immediately and knew what the problem was and starting treating and found that I needed a total hip replacement ,I was very pleased on how he handled it and his staff was also very good, if I need a orthopedic doctor again I will return to him. I would recommend DR. Palumbo .
in Tampa, FL |
500 characters is not enough for me to talk about how phenomenal Dr. Palumbo is--but I'll try. When it comes to hips and knees, you want to make sure that you are meeting with the best physician there is. Fortunately, you've come to the right page. He's so kind, understanding, and caring. He will NEVER ever put your hips or knees in jeopardy and I think that's why he has a 5 star rating here. He has made my dream of relief come true by realigning my knees to slow down the osteoarthritis.
Have you seen Dr. Brian Palumbo, MD?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialist at Memorial Hospital of Tampa