Dr. Brian Nielsen, MD

Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 53

Dr. Nielsen

Tucson Orthopaedic Institute - Dr. Tad DeWald MD

5301 E Grant Rd Tucson, AZ 85712

Dr. Brian Nielsen, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Tucson, AZ and has been practicing for 18 years. He specializes in orthopedic surgery, orthopedic sports medicine, and more.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Orthopedic Surgeons in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews
  • Practices at Highly Recommended Hospital
    Patients recommend this hospital to family and friends. See hospitals

Dr. Nielsen accepts

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check Dr. Nielsen's experience treating your condition or procedure

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Brian Nielsen, MD...

Offer an online patient portal portal?

Offer evening visits?

Offer weekend visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Communicate via email?

Dr. Nielsen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Nielsen

4.4

Dr. Nielsen?
Dr. Nielsen's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Brian Nielsen, MD
My son has been going to Brian Neilson since he was two months old for an elbow contracture. He has been very kind and patient and has always been good about answering all my questions. We highly recommend him
Mar 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Nielsen, MD?
Dr Nielsen is amazing! He knew what was going on with my son’s hips right away and confirmed with X-rays. Now my son is on his way to healing and getting back to his active life style thanks to dr Nielson’s care!
Mar 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Nielsen, MD?
Everyone was courteous and professional. Dr Nielsen was extremely pleasant, he made certain we understood what was going on with my daughter’s knee.
Mar 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Nielsen, MD?
I had my daughter to see Dr Nielson. Two years ago my daughter seen him for a deformity hip. She went to therapy and did well. Well she started walking wrong and falling. He had her walk and run down the hallway. He checked her hip and said we can live with it or have surgery when she's 16 because of her growing Isabella asked about the surgery and he said that is done by breaking your hip and put prothesis in the area. She was scared after that and cried all the way home.
Jan 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Nielsen, MD?
Excellent! Seen this doctor since I was a child. Had my knee recently reconstructed. Only a month in and I'm feeling great able to move way more.
Patient – Jan 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Nielsen, MD?
Dr. Nielsen was very generous, and patient to my son, he was patient and answered all the questions we had honestly, he made my son and family feel confident with his procedure, we are very thankful for his time and patience with us.
Loriland – Jan 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Nielsen, MD?
I received the best of care from Dr. Nielsen. A very skilled surgeon, plus a most caring doctor. I am most fortunate to have had him as my surgeon.
A. Grady – Nov 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Nielsen, MD?
Dr. Nielsen was really unprofecional with my child, he was in a rush and only took him 5 minutes to leave the room. with out answering all our questions, when we ask him about a procedure call Ulzibat he did not know and told us to go get it in some other place, I'm really sorry for a waste of a medical degree.
May 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Nielsen, MD?
Dr. Nielsen is very professional and knowledgeable. He took the time to answer all of my questions and made me feel very comfortable and informed about the treatment plan for my back injury. His staff was very helpful in getting me seen quickly!
Grant in Tucson, AZ – Dec 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Nielsen, MD?
My family has been seeing Dr. Nielsen for well over 12 years and he has helped us on countless occasions. He takes time to listen to our problems and is always willing to offer advice and explain various treatment options. He is very compassionate and has excellent bedside manner. He is even able to get my doctor-wary son to crack a smile during our visits. I highly recommend him!
Tucson – Dec 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Nielsen, MD?
Second surgery he has done for me. Fantastic doc. I would recommend him in the highest regard.
Chandler, AZ – Nov 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Nielsen, MD?
I highly recommend seeing Dr. Nielsen. He always helps me understand procedures and medical terms so I know exactly what's going on. He is very friendly and attentive and so is his staff. He has helped me with multiple issues I've had and I can always rely on him to be thorough and get the job done! His office is friendly and inviting, not intimidating like hospitals usually are.
Tucson, AZ – Oct 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Nielsen, MD?
Dr. Nielsen lacks communication skills. Did surgery on my knee at TOI June 2017. He said would be outpatient surgery - landed me in hospital for 4 days. He did not see me for more than 24 hours. At 1 month visit I was seen by nurse practioner. Finally saw him after 2 months. He wanted to leave wire which was cutting into the underside of my knee in place and impacting range of motion. Found another surgeon who removed the wire, but the wire left me with major scarification. Stay away from him.
Nov 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Nielsen, MD?
Dr. Nielsen is a fantastic surgeon. He did a meniscus surgery after another dr. Said I needed a knee replacement! Very professional and truly caring. I highly recommend him for anyone needing this surgery. I only wish he worked on all skeletal parts.
Carolyn in Tucson, AZ – Aug 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Nielsen, MD?
Dr was very rushed and did not take more than 5 minutes with my son. Would not listen to questions - he was in a rush!!! Very unprofessional and did not care about the patient.
Jul 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Nielsen, MD?
Dr. Neilson was great with my daughter having back surgery. He was very informative, always keeping us in the know of what was going to take place and what we should expect going forward. Great bedside manners, very down to earth while remaining attentive and professional.
Thatcher, AZ – Feb 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Nielsen, MD?
Dr. Nielsen was wonderful with my daughter who suffered with knew problems. He was patient and willing to answer all questions we had.
Yesenia Serrano in Tucson, AZ – Jun 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Nielsen, MD?
Dr. Nielsen is fantastic with special needs children. He completely understands Prader-Willi Syndrome and how to treat scoliosis.
Tucson Arizona – Apr 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Nielsen, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Nielsen?

Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery, Scoliosis and Childhood Spinal Deformity, Limb Deformity Corrections

• Orthopedic Sports Medicine