Dr. Brian McGrory, MD

Practices Orthopedic Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4.5 after 41 reviews.
Author:
Excellent! Right hip replacement June 2019 (22 years after Dr McGrory replaced left hip). If I had a third one that needed fixing I'd go back again! His whole team and the hospital experience was very positive.
Author:
I think Dr. McGrory is very professional and has a great bedside manner, is very knowledgable and helpful. I would recommend him highly.
Author:
This doctor has serious ego issues. Very arrogant, terrible bedside manner.
Author:
6 weeks ago Dr. McGrory replaced my hip. I am 99% back to normal activities. I can now resume an active lifestyle which I couldn't do before because of the hip pain. Pre-op and post-op the care by Dr. McGrory and his team has thorough, informative, and caring. Discomfort was minimal throughout. The Maine Med Joint Replacement center staff are always pleasant and everything seems to run very efficiently. Great experience! Don't put up with limited activity when you can be good as new!
Author:
First class organization!! Brian, Courtney, PSR's, nurses, Billing Department were all very helpful! Compassionate and professional! I never waited more then 10 minutes for my appointments.... I would recommend this practice to anyone! I had a full hip replacement, no post op discomfort, and was back to work in 3 weeks!!
Author:
Dr. McGrory replaced both of my knees, four months apart. He was fantastic! Not only a top notch orthopedic surgeon, but also paid very close attention to my other medical issues. Kind, compassionate, professional and highly-skilled....doesn’t get any better than that!
Author:
My hip replacement surgery was on a Friday at 9:30 am, and on Saturday at noon, I was in the car on my way home. No precautions, no PT, just exercises to do at home. It has been 17 days, and I am no longer using the walker, only a cane. Can’t say enough positive things about Dr. McGrory and his staff. Highly recommended!
Author:
I am 62 years old. Dr. McGrory replaced my badly arthritic right knee 12/18/17. I am very active and expressed my need to return to cycling, skiing, and physical work around the house. He thoroughly explained the pre hab, surgical process and necessary rehab for a successful outcome. Taking his advice as a full time job, 91/2 weeks later my knee is the most functional and pain free it has been in 20 years. Dr. M and his team are absolutely incredible and I can't thank them enough.
Author:
BeSt experience with a surgeon ever! Efficient, practical, kind, comforting, knowledgeable. If I ever have to back again for another surgery, I will choose Dr McGory!!
Author:
Dr. McGrory is a caring and professional doctor. He completed two total knee replacements within two months and I am thrilled with the results. I always felt I was in good hands, he took time to explain things to me and my husband and always did so in a caring, friendly and professional manner.
Author:
Dr. McGrory replaced my right hip fifteen years ago. He did an excellent job. Upon seeing Dr. McGrory on 4/26/17 for a five year check, we were both very pleased to see a hip replacement that looked almost brand new after fifteen years. He has been responsive to questions over the years and shows that he knows you even after five years. He's a likable physician who, I believe, takes excellent care of this patients. I would, and have, highly recommended him to others who are struggling.
Author:
Dr. McGory performed my total hip surgery less than a month ago and I am happy to say that it was an amazing experience from start to finish! Great per-op care. Great hospital care and follow-up. the recovery was amazingly fast and I am now experiencing no pain and can do almost all my prior activities. Wish I had done it sooner!
Author:
Over the past 13 years, from age 42 to 55, Dr. McGrory has totally replaced both of my hips and right knee, so far. I have him on speed dial for when the left knee is ready for his skillful hands. I have genetic osteoarthritis. All 3 surgeries were wonderfully successful. One hip had the posterior procedure using titanium & plastic (in 2003), the other had the anterolateral using ceramic & plastic (in 2015), and the knee was the standard method (in 2013). He is a medical magician!
Author:
Outstanding provider. Skilled surgeon. Extremely knowledgable.