Dr. Brian Lee, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMale

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Brian Lee, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Los Angeles, CA. Dr. Lee has extensive experience in Shoulder & Upper Arm Surgery. He is affiliated with medical facilities Adventist Health White Memorial and Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Brian Lee, MD

6801 Park Ter Los Angeles, CA 90045

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Lee with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at UCLA Santa Monica Medical Center.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of UCLA Santa Monica Medical Center.

Dr. Lee's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lee

Very disappointing care provided by this doctor. Arrogant and rude person. Poor communication skills. Looks down on his patients. I would not see him again and would not recommend him. Steer clear!
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Nov 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lee, MD?
Dr. Lee is an outstanding Sports Medicine, Shoulder and Elbow Specialist. He listens intently, is empathetic, extremely knowledgeable, and personalized. When visiting friends and family on the east coast, I was rear-ended by a truck, and rushed by ambulance to the E.R. When returning to Los Angeles, I made an appointment with Dr. Brian Lee, regarding my shoulder pain. He was comprehensive, and incredible at elucidating my issues. He discussed physical and alternative therapies, potential injections, and explained the different types of shoulder surgeries. I scheduled shoulder replacement surgery with Dr. Lee. When awaking after the procedure, the Doc informed me that all went well. It’s about 5-months after my operation, and my left shoulder is one of the few joints that doesn’t hurt, 2-years post accident. Yes, I still have a ways to go, but between Dr. Lee, my Physical Therapist and my tenacity, I’ll get there.
R. Koplin – Apr 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lee, MD?
Dr. Lee is simply exceptional! I underwent surgery early this January for a torn pectoral muscle and tendon. His demeanor is very professional and overall a very gifted surgeon who managed to repair some serious extensive damage. Though I was a bit nervous, his confidence assured me that all would be well. I would highly recommend Dr. Lee to anyone who is in dyer need of a great orthopedic surgeon.
Jul 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lee, MD?
I saw Dr Lee in 2018 and then had a change in my insurance, My new insurance wanted me to go to another surgeon but I fought with them to go back to Dr.Lee it took me 10 months but that is how good Dr. Lee is in his field, for me it is my elbow.It was worth the wait and fight with the insurance company, I'm now recovering and doing better than I expected, Thank you Dr. Lee, Dont let his Youth & Good looks fool you, he knows what he is doing !
Marleen – Mar 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lee, MD?
Dr. Brian K. Lee is known for his superior skilled expertise and knowledge w/shoulder surgical procedures. I can totally agree. My shoulder has been improving daily due to Dr. Lee’s dedication to get his patients feeling “BETTER than before”. His commitment to his patients starts prior to a potential surgery and continues until he knows his patients are healed. He is extremely patient, kind and provides immediate & long-term comfort during a stressful time. He will continue to answer endless questions, AND will immediately answer your calls. I truly appreciated his fast call-back during his personal time. This call was to confirm his prior assessment on the good news of the pathology report. A BIG THANK YOU to Dr. Lee, and his outstanding team Cecilia, Eva, Nancy Maruya for the cont’d support. Dr Lee and Anesthesiologist Dr. Matt Mataiko are the BEST team! Surgery: arthroscopic distal clavicle resection, subacromial, decompression, acromioplasty, and open resection of lipoma.
Rosemaryk – Nov 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lee, MD?
Dr. Lee performed a reverse shoulder replacement on me. Surgery went great, recovery went great and faster than expected. I am very please with his care.
Nov 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lee, MD?
I appreciate Doctor Lee’s surgical knowledge and skill. He is a skilled surgeon and I highly recommend his services should you find yourself in need
Rink Nemnich – Nov 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lee, MD?
Dr. Lee is an exceptional orthopedic surgeon and a remarkable physician. He went above and beyond on my behalf, is taking wonderful care of me and clearly demonstrates an understanding of how best to address patient concerns. I come in to his Anaheim office from Palm Springs to be in his care. He is worth every traffic jam, including construction on the 60! He thoroughly diagnosed the issues with my shoulder and addressed each during the surgery. He called me the day after the surgery to check in on me and see how I was doing. At the post-op appointment he reviewed each step of the surgery with me. It helped me better understand the process. I appreciate his thoughtful, reasoned approach combined with his considerable expertise. He goes out of his way to anticipate issues which may come up and mitigate them. His staff and colleagues are first rate, and the entire experience is outstanding. I feel very fortunate to be in his precise, able care! Thank you, Dr. Lee!!
S M – Nov 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lee, MD?
Dr. Lee provided excellent care and is extremely skilled at his specialty. He took a compound fracture of my clavicle and brought me back to good working order. He is honest and cautious, and sought to see if self-healing could take place first instead of immediately recommending surgery. In the end, surgery was necessary and he did a fantastic job! Thank you.
Leland F. – Nov 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lee, MD?
I had complete shoulder replacement surgery by Dr. Brian Lee less than 3 months ago. He did a fantastic job and I am now pain-free from my prior severe arthritis. My range of motion is already better than it was before the surgery and continues to improve daily. Dr. Lee was very patient answering my questions and did an excellent job walking us through the process and what to expect post-surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Lee.
Oct 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lee, MD?
I have always been seen by Dr. Lee on time. Really appreciate that!
Gregg Hepner – Aug 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lee, MD?
I had a wonderful experience with dr. Lee would recommend him anytime
Jun 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lee, MD?
What can I say abut Dr Brian Lee? Well here goes.... When my husband was referred to Dr Lee last year for a complete shoulder replacement, I admit I did my homework and looked him up on any and all review sites. I was pleased to see he is well thought of and had the schooling and experience I wanted to see. Upon meeting with him, my husband and I did what we usually do, and asked many many questions. Dr Lee was very patient, thorough and explained everything to us in words we could understand. He was always open to communication from us if we had more questions. My husbands surgery went off without complication. His follow up appts with Dr Lee were always positive and Dr Lee wasn't in a hurry to get to the next patient. He took all the time we needed to ask the follow up and after care questions we had. My husband has healed very well and has so much more range of motion and is virtually pain free. We recommend Dr Lee, as our experience with him was very positive in all areas.
M. Prescott – Jun 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lee, MD?
Incurred a tendon tear on my left arm several years ago with loss of power and visible deformity. Dr. Lee was able to repair the damage and bring back the loss of power and corrected the positioning of the bicep back to its anatomical state. Overall great experience and highly recommended!
Feb 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lee, MD?
Best experience ever, I’ve had 12 surgeries in my life and this was the easiest to schedule even with the added challenge of Scheduling donor bone graft. He explained specifically the what, how, when and why of my surgery and the post surgical check ups were terrific...I was in a private room in under 5 minutes from signing in and getting follow up X-rays with 10-15 minutes and they are uploaded and on his computer screen in 5 minutes more..5 mo. after -100% stable shoulder, full range of motion
Rich Camp in Long Beach , CA – Feb 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lee, MD?
With a proximal humerus fracture, I looked all around - I had to travel 100 miles to see Dr. Lee. This past weekend, 3 months post-op, I can actually raise my arm above my head! This is something I could not do since my accident in March 2018 - surgery in September 2018, and it is now December 2018. Dr. Lee specializes in shoulders and elbows. Oh yes, I now have full range of motion and can even move my arm in a motion to make a windup pitch!
Kevin in Santa Barbara, CA – Dec 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lee, MD?
Very knowledgeable and helpful. I’m not looking forward to surgery but will use him when the time comes.
CA – Nov 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lee, MD?
This was my fourth orthopedic surgery at cedars or an affiliated facility. It was disparate from my three previous procedures in that I received a check in phone call from Dr. Lee the next day. I gathered that reaching out to patients was routine for him, but to me it placed him head and shoulders above my previous practioners.
  • Long wait times
Danny in Los Angeles, CA – Nov 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lee, MD?
I sustained a work-related injury to my right bicep and after getting several referrals and consultation, I eventually met Dr. Brian Lee. Dr. Lee has set the standard for me when it comes to providing first rate medical care and support after surgery. I can’t thank him enough and I feel very fortunate to have found Dr. Brian Lee!
Los Angeles, CA – Nov 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lee, MD?
Excellent and very skilled surgeon. I tore my pectoral tendon and saw one orthopedic Doctor prior to going to Dr. Lee. The first Doctor told me I had a 50% chance of a successful surgery. I wasn’t willing to accept that. Dr. Lee, in contrast explained in great detail several options, based on his findings during surgery, that he could perform to ensure a successful outcome. Surgery went great and I am well on my way to recovery. Great bedside manner as well.
Emerson – Nov 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lee, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lee?