Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD

Dr. Lawenda
Telehealth services available

GenesisCare

7379 W Deschutes Ave Ste 100 Kennewick, WA 99336

Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD is a Radiation Oncology Specialist in Kennewick, WA. Dr. Lawenda has more experience with Renal Neoplasms & Resection than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Astria Sunnyside Hospital and Good Shepherd Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Lawenda to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Radiation Oncology Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Lawenda is affiliated with Kadlec Regional Medical Center Richland, a highly rated hospital.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Washington

Frequently Treated by Dr. Lawenda

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Lawenda treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Lawenda treats other conditions, please contact the office at (509) 987-1800.

Renal Neoplasms & Resection

Renal oncology focuses on the management and treatment of kidney cancer through surgery, immunotherapy, targeted therapy, radiation, and chemotherapy.Compare with other Renal Neoplasms & Resection specialists.

Dr. Lawenda is experienced in the area of Renal Neoplasms & Resection. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 1 condition or procedure

• Fallopian Tube Cancer
  • Gallbladder and Biliary Tract Cancer
  • Gallbladder Cancer
  • Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
  • Gastroenterologic Cancer (Colon, Stomach, Esophageal, Liver)
  • Genitourinary Cancers
  • Gland Cancer
  • Gum Cancer
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Hepatobiliary Cancer
  • High-Dose Rate (HDR) Brachytherapy
  • Hodgkin's Disease
  • Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
  • Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma
  • SPECT Scan
  • Spinal Cord Cancer
  • Squamous Cell Carcinoma
  • Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT)
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Spinal or Cranial
  • Stomach and Small Intestine Cancer
  • Stomach Cancer
  • Surgical Nutrition
  • Testicular Cancer
  • Thoracic Cancer
  • Throat Cancer
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Thymus Cancer
  • Urinary Tract Cancer
  • Uterine Cancer
  • Vocal Cord Carcinoma

Dr. Lawenda accepts

Dr. Lawenda accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Commercial Insurance Company
Coventry Health Care
Group Health Cooperative (GHC)
Group Health Cooperative
HealthSmart
Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of the Northwest
Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc.
Kaiser Permanente

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lawenda

0.9174311926605505%
0.9174311926605505%

Dr. Lawenda?
  • Explained conditions well (104)
  • Listened & answered questions (103)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (102)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (2)
  • Appointment was rushed (1)
  • Long wait times (1)
After my breast cancer diagnosis and subsequent mastectomy and treatment, I was desperately in search of how to gain control of my health and do everything I can to prevent recurrence but was overwhelmed by the wealth of info out there and just didn’t know how or where to start. I spent endless hours online in search of a doctor that wasn’t only an oncologist but also an integrative medicine doctor to help me get to the root of the problem and understand my body. Unfortunately there were none locally. I came across Dr. Lawenda in my search and scheduled a consult with him via telehealth. I realized very quickly that he was exactly the doctor I was looking for. I recently completed all of my labs though him and finally feel like I have a full picture of what is going on in my body and road map on how to take control of my health. Dr. Lawenda empowered me with knowledge so that I don’t have to live in fear of the unknown any longer.
Jen – May 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
Highly recommend Dr. Lawenda for his open-mindedness, and extensive knowledge & understanding of past and current literature, as well as of functional studies and therapies in the treatment of cancer. This includes both standard, allopathic perspectives, as well as integrative and alternative therapies. It is rare to find practitioner, such as Dr. Lawenda, with such comprehensive understanding and open-mindedness of both. My family member is battling a very rare, advanced (stage 4) cancer. He did not respond to the first-line recommended chemo regimen which was recommended by specialists from Moffitt, MD Anderson & the NIH etc. We found Dr. Lawenda at a critical time. He provided sound, unbiased insight and considerations of off-label/herbal supplementation, & directed us to Dr. Robert Nagourney who performed a chemosensitivity assay study on one of my family member's tumors, which in short, has been an absolute game changer! Thank you Dr. Lawenda!
May 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
Dr Lewenda and his whole staff have treated me with the utmost respect and care. They are so kind and caring and always put a smile on my face even when I'm not feeling the best. I can't thank them enough for wonderful care!
Corvin Henderson – Apr 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
The entire office and medical staff were efficient, sensitive, friendly, timely. I had no negative experience while under Dr Lawenda’s care. He was attentive and totally available allowing me to call him over the weekend on his personal phone. He came highly recommended by my 2 other Drs for which I was grateful. I found in my experience he lived up to his reputation. I would recommend him highly.
Renée – Apr 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
Dr. Lawenda provided excellent cancer treatment for my husband so there was no question where I choose to go when I required treatment. Dr. Lawenda not only treated my cancer but he provided the tools I need for future prevention. His holistic approach to better health and diagnostic capabilities provides me with the information I need to live the best life I can. I cannot thank him enough for the valuable information he shares on FB and the extra steps he takes for each of his patients.
Linda D. – Apr 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
Let me introduce to you Dr.Lawenda. Gosh I don’t know how many times I cussed him out (it was not a pleasant moment??) He has seen me at my most vulnerable, scariest and terrifying moments. Yet I’m so thankful for him. He has been guiding me through this journey with cancer treatments with such care and empathy. To making sure I get all the care needed from PTSD to side affects from the aftermath and so on. Anyhow I truly believe he is one of the best in our state, Geeze nation! I’m blessed to say he is my doctor. If you are affected or know anyone affected by cancer please consider Dr. Lawenda at Northwest Cancer Clinic here in Kennewick WA!! I promise you. You’ll receive the care you deserve ??
Victoria Gallegos – Mar 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
I just recently had a consultation with Dr. Brian Lawenda. My wife accompanied me on this visit. We didn't know really what to expect and we were just beginning our journey to explore the choices we may have regarding treatments available. After just recently been given a cancer diagnosis and trying to process it all we came into the office in a fog. Upon completion of our consultation with Dr. Lawenda with his clear and concise explanation of our diagnosis, treatment options and the process we left his office with clear understanding and direction in which to proceed. Dr. Lawenda definetly has a gift in explaining everything thoroughly for one to understand and enables one to make an informed decision. My wife and I were exceedingly comfortable with not only Dr. Lawenda, but the whole staff. Thank you Dr. Lawenda and thanks to the awesome staff.
Farrell Ross – Feb 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
Dr Lawenda was very knowledgeable about my cancer and was willing to sit down with me and my husband to go over details pertaining to treatment. We were able to ask questions and felt we came away from our appointment with a better understanding of the path ahead. He listens!
Debbie Money – Jan 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
Dr Lawenda is a kind approachable doctor who takes time to make sure all questions are answered and all fears calmed. I trust his knowledge and experience to make decisions about treatment options. He staff runs like a well oiled machine with seamless transitions in all the phases. Christy and Olivia make you feel welcome when you enter. Shannon and Margie are skilled and professional and also amazingly make you feel at ease as soon as they check you in. The RT staff of Blanca, Katie, Alisha and Jenny are efficient and skilled in what they do and the calmness that they provide to patients. This group of health care providers go above and beyond and I'm so glad I put my trust in them.
Julie Legard – Dec 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
I was treated for metastatic breast cancer to the brain. I had stereo radiation treatment on three lesions. Five treatments over two weeks. they made it as pleasant an experience as one could hope for. Very patient with a claustrophobic patient. Dr Lawenda was very helpful and kind. I highly recommend him.
Fchrist – Dec 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
Dr. Lawenda is a great communicator and he took a personal interest in my condition, even calling me on a Sunday afternoon when he got some test results. The office staff and nurses call me by name, I am not just a patient, I am a person. Wait times are minimal. Sometimes I would come in and never even get to sit in the waiting room. Radiation technicians were very courteous and helpful.
Kent M McDonald – Nov 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
I was treated for basil cell cancer on my nose. I was happy with everyone in this office.
Nov 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
Underwent radiation treatment for prostrate cancer. During the course of my treatments, Dr. Lawenda and his staff were exceptional in showing courtesy, kindness and respect to both myself and my wife. Excellent, state of the art treatment options and kindness and respect are standard at this clinic.
Rod Hardin – May 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
Dr Lawenda and his staff were very knowledgeable and caring during my radiation treatment. Also very careful and cautious during this Covid crisis.
Rosa (Rosi) Nelson – May 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
Left breast radiation treatment. 37 treatments total. The care was amazing, the entire team was knowledgeable, patient and kind. Dr Lawenda explained the procedure in great detail, answered all my questions that I had. No one wants to take this journey, but I must say I could not have asked for a better team. I feel very confident that my team did what was best for me and my recovery. I am also planning to follow through by taking part in Dr Lawenda’s Integrative Oncology.
Kathleen Bush – Apr 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
Dr. Lawenda has been treating me since I had a breast cancer lumpectomy several years ago. I went through radiation and have tested clear so far. He is on top of all my health concerns. He has always had my best in mind.
Jan Slagle – Mar 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
I am very grateful to Dr. Lawenda and his entire staff for the personal care and guidance that is being provided to me. Walking in the door for the first time I felt welcomed and a sense of relief that I was in the place that would help guide and consult me every step of the way. Everyone is positive, extremely knowledgeable and professional. Thank you very much Dr. Lawenda and every member of the staff.
Mar 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
Dr. Lawenda From the first visit made me feel that they were going to take care of me. He had a way of talking that made me feel I was in great hands. He talk to me not at me. He answered all of my questions in a way that I could understand. It would be good if all Doctors had the concern for the people he does. I also told him that he has the best I have ever work with. Everyone from the front desk to the treatment room were great. Last I would like to say thank you to everyone there.
Eathen O. Rager – Mar 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
I have Prostate Cancer. My name is Carl Franklin. I have & still am a patient of Dr. Lawenda. I been getting Radiation Treatment for the Past 81/2 weeks with the nine Week Treatment ending next Week. I've had no side affects What so Ever.. The staff are really good also.. Dr. Lawenda has my best interest in mind. I completely Trust him...I couldn't recommend him any higher. Thank you to the staff & especially Dr. Laweenda.
Carl Franklin – Feb 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
Dr. Lawenda obviously cares deeply about his patients and this community. He does a great job of explaining complicated treatments and test results. When I leave, I feel like I have the knowledge and tools to make myself healthier and reduce my chance of a re-occurrence. He's been very patient and it is appreciated. I have recommended him to family and friends.
Amie L. – Oct 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lawenda?

I am committed to providing premiere, quality, cost-effective radiation therapy and integrative oncology services that are responsive to the needs of our...Read more

Dr. Brian Lawenda is a U.S. News & World Report "Top Doctor" in radiation oncology, and is an expert in integrative oncology and functional medicine. Read more

• Radiation Oncology

1998
Naval Medical Center
1993
University Of California
Helms Medical Institute UCLA/Stanford (Medical Acupuncture)
Kalish Institute For Functional Medicine