Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD

Dr. Lawenda
Telehealth services available

Northwest Cancer Clinic

7379 W Deschutes Ave Ste 100 Kennewick, WA 99336

Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD is a Radiation Oncology Specialist in Kennewick, WA and has over 23 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Lawenda has more experience with Breast Cancer and Head and Neck Oncology than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Temple University School of Medicine medical school in 1997. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Good Shepherd Medical Center and Kadlec Regional Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Lawenda to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Radiation Oncologists in your area

See similar Radiation Oncologists in Kennewick

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Lawenda accepts

Dr. Lawenda accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Commercial Insurance Company
Coventry Health Care
Group Health Cooperative (GHC)
Group Health Cooperative
HealthSmart
Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of the Northwest
Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc.
Kaiser Permanente
Medicaid
Medicare
United States Department of Labor
Veterans Choice Program
Washington State Department of Labor & Industries

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Washington

Breast Cancer

Breast cancer specialists diagnose and treat the presence of malignant cells in breast tissue that may spread to other parts of the body.Compare with other Breast Cancer specialists.

Typically treats 59% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 1 condition or procedure

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Breast Cancer

Dr. Lawenda treats Breast Cancer more than 59% of their peers

Dr. Lawenda treats this condition more than 59% of their peers

Head and Neck Oncology

oncologists focus on management and treatment of malignant cells in the head and neck, including oral cancer, throat cancer, and thyroid cancer.Compare with other Head and Neck Oncology specialists.

Typically treats 71% more than their peers

• Gynecologic Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • High-Dose Rate (HDR) Brachytherapy
  • Hodgkin's Disease
  • Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Secondary Malignancies
  • Small Intestine Cancer
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma
  • Squamous Cell Carcinoma
  • Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT)
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery
  • Stomach and Small Intestine Cancer
  • Stomach Cancer
  • Stomach Diseases
  • Stress Management
  • Testicular Cancer
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Thrombocytosis
  • Uterine Diseases
  • Vaginal Cancer
  • Vulvar Cancer

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD...

Offer an online patient portal?

Have free onsite parking?

Communicate via email?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer evening visits?

Dr. Lawenda's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lawenda

Dr. Lawenda?
What People Say About Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD
Underwent radiation treatment for prostrate cancer. During the course of my treatments, Dr. Lawenda and his staff were exceptional in showing courtesy, kindness and respect to both myself and my wife. Excellent, state of the art treatment options and kindness and respect are standard at this clinic.
Rod Hardin – May 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
Dr Lawenda and his staff were very knowledgeable and caring during my radiation treatment. Also very careful and cautious during this Covid crisis.
Rosa (Rosi) Nelson – May 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
Left breast radiation treatment. 37 treatments total. The care was amazing, the entire team was knowledgeable, patient and kind. Dr Lawenda explained the procedure in great detail, answered all my questions that I had. No one wants to take this journey, but I must say I could not have asked for a better team. I feel very confident that my team did what was best for me and my recovery. I am also planning to follow through by taking part in Dr Lawenda’s Integrative Oncology.
Kathleen Bush – Apr 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
Dr. Lawenda has been treating me since I had a breast cancer lumpectomy several years ago. I went through radiation and have tested clear so far. He is on top of all my health concerns. He has always had my best in mind.
Jan Slagle – Mar 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
I am very grateful to Dr. Lawenda and his entire staff for the personal care and guidance that is being provided to me. Walking in the door for the first time I felt welcomed and a sense of relief that I was in the place that would help guide and consult me every step of the way. Everyone is positive, extremely knowledgeable and professional. Thank you very much Dr. Lawenda and every member of the staff.
Mar 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
Dr. Lawenda and Staff are professional and courteous. My health and well being is better due to their care. We are so lucky to have a man recogonized as one of world's best in his field like Dr. Lawenda in the Columbia Basin!
Gene Kernan – Mar 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
Dr. Lawenda From the first visit made me feel that they were going to take care of me. He had a way of talking that made me feel I was in great hands. He talk to me not at me. He answered all of my questions in a way that I could understand. It would be good if all Doctors had the concern for the people he does. I also told him that he has the best I have ever work with. Everyone from the front desk to the treatment room were great. Last I would like to say thank you to everyone there.
Eathen O. Rager – Mar 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
I have Prostate Cancer. My name is Carl Franklin. I have & still am a patient of Dr. Lawenda. I been getting Radiation Treatment for the Past 81/2 weeks with the nine Week Treatment ending next Week. I've had no side affects What so Ever.. The staff are really good also.. Dr. Lawenda has my best interest in mind. I completely Trust him...I couldn't recommend him any higher. Thank you to the staff & especially Dr. Laweenda.
Carl Franklin – Feb 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
Dr. Lawenda obviously cares deeply about his patients and this community. He does a great job of explaining complicated treatments and test results. When I leave, I feel like I have the knowledge and tools to make myself healthier and reduce my chance of a re-occurrence. He's been very patient and it is appreciated. I have recommended him to family and friends.
Amie L. – Oct 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Lawenda & his entire staff at the Northwest Cancer Clinic. He is extremely knowledgeable about everything associated with both radiation and integrative oncology and continually stays up to date regarding all advances in these fields. He is one of the most caring doctors I have ever dealt with. He is totally committed to developing the plan that will be the best and most appropriate in treating your cancer and in teaching you how to reduce your future risk of recurrence. Every appointment was almost exactly on time with minimal waiting. The staff are very friendly and try to make each treatment as “pleasant” as possible. The whole treatment experience was very positive.
Kennewick – Sep 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
I have consulted Dr. Lawenda to serve as an informed second opinion and integrative oncology support doctor for my mom following her cancer diagnosis. With Dr. Lawenda's recommendations for supplements that support immune function, she breezed through chemotherapy with few side effects. Dr. Lawenda has been incredibly supportive, allowing us to evaluate her treatment options and supplement them with evidenced based natural supplements. Thank you for your kindness, expertise, and caring! I also recommend all of the resources that he puts at your fingertips!
Sep 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
Dr. Lawenda impressed me at my first visit. I like his integrated approach to my treatment. I felt I could trust him to guide me in my decision making process. He is highly knowledgeable, takes the time with you to answer questions and is compassionate. Highly recommend him!
Pam Kuns – Aug 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
Very informative and left me with a sense of direction and a plan of attack. He is the first medical doctor I have encountered that treats the health of the whole body as part of any proposed cancer therapy. Integrating the metabolic theory of cancer with conventional therapy is unique. He draws the patient into a collaboration in defining an appropriate treatment. His emphasis on first understanding your nutritional status through self education and state of the are testing sets the stage for effective treatment. Even though he is a radiation oncologist he propose that as only one therapy among several. In my case it was "wait and see" and in the meantime work on improving my general health. His online course provided me with a portal to a vast array of literature and research on current studies. The depth of information that links to the course modules is seemingly endless and is like my personal nutrition and cancer treatment library. OUTSTANDING!
Vernon Johnson, Ph.D. – Jul 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
Dr. Lawenda demonstrated care for me as a person and a total approach for the success of my treatment. His staff were also excellent. They greeted me as soon as I entered the door and all appointments were timely. The staff performing the treatment were upbeat and knew me as a person. Excellent overall experience.
Sandra English – Jun 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
After a cancer diagnosis, my integrative physician suggested that I see Dr. Lawenda. He laid out the treatment plan, suggested a few more supplements and referred me to an outstanding Medical Oncologist and an outstanding Surgeon. Once chemo and surgery were done, I returned to Dr. Lawenda to discuss radiation. Because my situation was unusual, there wasn't a standard protocol. Rather than having me run around the state to gather second opinions, Dr. Lawenda called about six of his peers to ask what they would do. He then called me to share their thoughts. I chose to proceed with radiation as it reduced the chance of reoccurance. They graciously accommodated my request for early morning appointments. I saw the radiation team every weekday morning for a total of 33 treatments. I saw Dr. Lawenda every Monday so that he could check on how I was doing. I am very grateful for the orchestration of excellent care all the way through my journey and highly recommend Dr. Lawenda!
Jun 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
So personable, he gave great advice and gave me so much hope that my pain can be treated
Apr 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
Dr Lawenda is very professional and knowledgeable. His professional yet human approach to medicine has been one bright spot in my Cancer journey. He helped me with medications, and what tests to ask for and possibly saved my life with this information.
Apr 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
Dr Lawenda and all of the staff at Northwest Cancer Clinic are friendly and make you feel like family! Katie Leach the Oncology Patient Navigator is wonderful at her job and a wonderful person! I highly recomend these people!
Apr 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
Very efficient staff, easy to work with. They always had a smile, which made you feel comfortable. Dr. Lawenda was easy to talk to and explained everything in a way that made the procedure easy to understand. Always willing to answer your questions. Charlotte, Pasco, Wa. March 3, 2019
Mar 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?
Dr. Lawenda, the radiation techs and his staff are all very compassionate, knowledgeable, and friendly. They helped ease my anxiety over my diagnosis and gave me a positive outlook. Dr. Lawenda discussed in detail my diagnosis, treatments and care. I was very impressed with the fact that my treatment plan was created by my team of doctors, Dr. Ayres, Dr. Fora and Dr. Lawenda, for the best prognosis. My appt times were on schedule and the overall experience was amazing!
Priscilla Ayres in KENNEWICK, WA – Mar 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Lawenda, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lawenda?

I am committed to providing premiere, quality, cost-effective radiation therapy and integrative oncology services that are responsive to the needs of our patients through continuous improvement and innovation. I am commited to clinical and scientific excellence in a caring environment.

• Radiation Oncology

1997
Temple University School of Medicine
1993
University Of California
Helms Medical Institute UCLA/Stanford (Medical Acupuncture)

More Information

• Does Dr. Lawenda communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Lawenda communicates via email

• Does Dr. Lawenda offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Lawenda offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Lawenda offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Lawenda offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Lawenda have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Lawenda has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Lawenda offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Lawenda offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Lawenda offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Lawenda offers evening visits