Dr. Brian Larkin, MD

Dr. Brian Larkin, MD

Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics  |
Insurances Accepted

Brian J. Larkin, M.D., a Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon, is a native of Michigan and joined Orthopedic Associates in 2012. His clinical expertise is in primary and revision hip and knee replacement and treatment of the young adult, including hip arthroscopy and open hip preservation surgery. After graduating from Troy High School, Dr. Larkin attended Yale University where he played varsity soccer and graduated with honors in biomedical engineering. He then obtained his medical degree at Wayne State University School of Medicine and completed his orthopedic surgery internship and residency at Henry Ford Hospital, all in Detroit, MI. Dr. Larkin did his fellowship training in Joint Preservation, Resurfacing, and Replacement at Washington University in St. Louis, MO. He has been actively involved in research, including presentations at regional and national meetings, peer reviewed journal publications, and as an author of a book chapter. Dr. Larkin is an active member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons. Dr. Larkin is a consulting physician for the Colorado Avalanche. He enjoys soccer, running, skiing, golf, and spending time with his wife and three children.

Orthopedic Associates

• Golden Rule
  • Group Health Cooperative
  • Medico

Learn about Dr. Larkin

Dr. Larkin believes in individualizing the patient care experience to meet the needs and demands of our active Denver population. He seeks to provide attentive, compassionate care to patients and family members while focusing on achieving excellent clinical outcomes. He tailors his treatment to those suffering from joint pain to include both operative and nonoperative treatment options with the goal of helping his patients regain their healthy, active lifestyle.

Dr. Larkin's Experience

Dr. Larkin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Ankle Fracture
  • Broken Arm
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Gout
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus

• Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Yale University
  • Henry Ford Hospital Pogram
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2011
  • Washington University-B-Jh-Slch Consortium Program
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Larkin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Larkin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Larkin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Rose Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Larkin is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Larkin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Larkin to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Larkin Says:

This is Dr. Larkin responding to the 03/08/16 review

All of our providers at Orthopedic Associates strive to provide the highest standard of care in both operative and non-operative settings. We are disappointed to hear that your recovery is not where you would like it to be at this point. Please feel free to call our office and we would be happy to arrange a convenient time to discuss your condition in person.

Dr. Larkin's Performance
in Bennett, CO |
I would like to extend a life changing thank you to Dr. Larkin and staff for the wonderful experience with a total hip replacement. I was literally walking a few hours after the procedure and have not looked back. I wish I had it done years ago. Rock stars in my world. Bob Gleave
in Englewood, CO |
Great surgeon but office staff very unaccommodating with scheduling appointments. I've had to go elsewhere for postop follow up.
in Denver, CO |
I had two very successful total knee replacements with Dr Larkin in 2016 and couldn't be happier with the outcomes. Dr. Larkin and his staff were always there, professional, knowledgeable, understanding, and kind. I always felt like I was with an incredibly competent surgeon, and I trusted him and his staff with my wellbeing, and was happy I did so. His choice of Rose Medical Center for the surgeries was super as well, great place and great nursing staff. Super Doctor!! thank you.
in Aurora, CO |
For years I had delayed getting my hip replaced because of my age. Dr. Larkin explained the surgery and future procedure options. I highly recommend him and only wish I'd had the procedure with him 5 years earlier.
in Brighton, CO |
He is very personable, quick to ease the patients fears, gives thorough explanations regarding your need for surgery and what will be done. His staff is very courteous. Makes the experience of upcoming surgeries easier for patients to prepare for. His has concern for the well being of each individual patient.
in Denver, CO |
Engenders confidence by thorough analysis of the issues and carefully listens.
in LITTLETON |
I received excellent diagnoses and treatment from Dr. Larkin and his staff. My surgery, total knee replacement, performed by Dr. Larkin went very well.
in Arvada, CO |
Dr. Larkin was outstanding both before, during, and after the operation of my left hip replacement. He kept me informed and gave me accurate expectations during my recovery. I will go back to him if I need future hip or knee replacement.
in DENVER |
After consulting with 2 other Orthopedic Surgeons who recommended a Full Knee Replacement i went to see Dr. Larkin. Upon review of my X-rays, MRI, and a physical exam he recommended a Partial Knee Replacement. Recovery time 6-8 weeks versus 3-4 months for full replacement. Dr. Larkin showed me the actual appartus of the partial replacement and sold me on the operation. The operation was a total success and I golfed in 6 weeks and i day. His Medical Assistant Becca was most helpful.
in Westminster, CO |
I had both of my hips replaced over a 2 month period by Dr. Larkin. Both surgeries were quick and uneventful. Neither required an overnight stay at the hospital. Recoveries from both surgeries were quick and pain free. I was walking around the day after surgery, and fully recovered in 2-3 weeks. Dr. Larkin was great about explaining my options prior to surgery, and he was very good about answering my questions after surgery. My experience under Dr. Larkin's care was excellent.
in englewood co |
Brain Larkin 1st hip replacement dec.2014 failure 2nd replacement oct. 2015 failure, after 3 2nd opinions Dr. Larkin had put in a ball that is too big, so I have to have my iliopsoas tendon cut, all 3 dr?s could not explain why such a big ball, my only son is getting married on april 1st so I will be attending the wedding in pain.
in Westminster, CO |
I have a total hip replacement and after 22 days was able to return to my job which involves walking on roofs and traversing crawlspaces. His staff working with me to get me in quickly since my other physician canceled my surgery at the 11th hour. The staff and Dr. Larkin were great. If you need orthopedic care stop looking you have found the best in Denver.
Have you seen Dr. Brian Larkin, MD?
Are you Dr. Larkin?