Dr. Brian Hunter, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Dr. Brian Hunter, MD
Dr. Brian Hunter, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Oro Valley, AZ. He is 45 years old and has been practicing for 13 years. Dr. Hunter is affiliated with Northwest Medical Center.

Dr. Hunter's Care Philosophy

We have been providing outstanding eye care to patients of all ages in Tucson and southern Arizona for over 30 years. It is our sincere desire to provide you and your family with warm, personal care and service. Our dedicated staff work together to achieve that goal. While our primary job is to take care of you, we also want to educate you about your eyes, so that you have the knowledge and power needed to take an active role in your care. We invite you to visit our web site to learn more.

Dr. Hunter's Experience

See how Dr. Hunter's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hunter

Dr. Hunter accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. Hunter is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Hunter has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hunter's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hunter to family and friends
Dr. Hunter's Performance
in Denver |
The entire cataract surgery experience was first class...from first visit, the surgeries and follow up. Dr. Hunter brings the right combination of clinical expertise and human understanding to his work. He listens! I wish all physicians were this good. Thank you Dr. Hunter!
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Hunter performed my initial eye exam and both eye surgeries. Very personable with an excellent bedside manner. He quickly sets you at ease, explains the entire process and takes the time to listen and answer any question. I'm very pleased with the results of my cataract & implant surgery andthank him for giving me my sight back. Any one that evert goes to Dr. Hunter can rest assured they are in excellent & professional hands.
in tucson, az |
Dr. Hunter is very kind, knowledgeable, and makes you feel comfortable about having surgery on your eyes. His nurses were gentle and kind. I love the way they all explained exactly what they were doing to you each step of the way He is my hero! I've been wearing glasses since the 3rd grade and now I can see without them at the age of 64. Thank you so much Dr. Hunter. I have been telling everyone about you.
Dr. Hunter was able to help me with an eye problem that 2 other doctors had been unable to solve. I saw him after the eye drops and regimen prescribed by my other doctors didn't clear up my eye infection. He had excellent follow-up on my issues as well.
in Sahuarita, AZ |
Did not think my vision was bad till Dr. Hunter checked my eyes and lo and behold, my vision was shot. After surgery on both eyes , I can see better than I could 40 years ago. The personal care and efficiency of all the staff was comforting and speedy to a great experience. Dr. Hunter is the most friendly and thorough Dr. you will ever meet.
in Tucson, AZ |
OH MY, DR. BRIAN HUNTER , I CALL HIM DR. PLANO, WHICH MEANS 100% PERFECTION. THREE WEEKS AGO, THIS AMAZING REFRACTIVE EYE SURGEON REMOVED BOTH OVERDUE CATARACTS FROM MY EYES WITH NOTHING BUT EXPERTISE AND 100% TOTAL SATISFACTION! I HAVE 20/20 VISION IN BOTH MY EYES NOW, THE VISION I ONCE HAD IN MY 40'S! I AM 67 YEARS OLD NOW , THAT WAS 27 YEARS AGO, FOLKS! YOUR HOMEWORK IS DONE, NO NEED TO INQUIRE FURTHER. HE IS THE BEST. I GIVE HIM 10 STARS ABOVE, NO LESS. NO COMPLAINTS. THANK YOU!
in Tucson, AZ |
I am very happy to recommend Dr Hunter and his colleagues. I came to see him not only with cataract-afflicted eyes, but with eyes I had struggled to see with for 58 years due to extreme myopia and astigmatism from birth. Dr Hunter provided me with expert information and options for lens replacement. I learned that custom lenses could be implanted that would once and for all bring me vision I had only dreamed of. I could not have asked for better care and genuine interest in my outcome.
in Oro Valley, AZ |
Moved from OH to Tucson area, long overdue for eye exam. Fishkind, Bakewell & Maltzman was recommended by a friend who was scheduled for cataract surgery. Friend very pleased with the service and results. Became concerned as the waiting room was very busy - almost full. It turns out that, while the office is busy, the staff gets the patients in on time (lots of drivers for those examined), staff & doctors treat patient as individual, communicating excellently. Dr Hunter was outstanding, Happy!
in Tucson, AZ |
Truly a professional and takes great pride in his work. He was precise and did not sugar coat the details of my LASIK procedure. He handles himself very well and answered all my questions without hesitation.
in Tucson, AZ |
I highly recommend Dr. Hunter. He put me at ease about cataract surgery. Best of all the outcome of my surgery and the quality of my vision far exceeded my expectations. I am very thankful that I chose Dr. Hunter. I could not have been in better hands. Thank you, thank you.
in Green Valley, AZ |
He is knowledgeable, personable, and helpful
in Oro Valley, AZ |
Dr Hunter is not only professional and personable, he is very good at what he does. I trust him with my most prized possession, my eyes.
Have you seen Dr. Brian Hunter, MD?
Are you Dr. Hunter?

Compare Dr. Hunter

Dr. Hunter's Care Philosophy

Dr. Hunter's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Hunter has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hunter's Board Certifications

• Dacryoadenitis
  • Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

Moran Eye Center, University of Utah

Completed in 2005

University of Minnesota / Twin Cities Campus

Graduated in 1995

Dr. Hunter does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hunter and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology