Dr. Brian Hunis, MD

Dr. Brian Hunis, MD

Hematology & Oncology  ·

Dr. Brian Hunis, MD is a hematology & oncology specialist in Hollywood, FL and has been practicing for 9 years. He specializes in hematology & oncology.Read his story

Memorial Cancer Institute

1150 N 35th Ave Ste 385

Hollywood, FL 33021

• AvMed
  • Corporate Medical Network (CMN)
  • Coventry Health Care of Florida
  • Dimension Health
  • Florida Health Administrators
  • Fortified Provider Network
  • Freedom Health
  • Global Health Care Network

Learn about Dr. Hunis

Video

See how frequently Dr. Hunis performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breast Diseases
high
Lung Cancer
high
Blood Disorders

Dr. Hunis's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Hunis' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Hunis "Medical Director, Head and Neck Cancer Program, Memorial Cancer Institute I am a medical oncologist/hematologist at Memorial Healthcare System where I specialize in treating patients with thoracic, head and neck malignancies. I am the medical director of the Head & Neck Cancer Program, medical director of Quality Initiatives for Memorial Cancer Institute and the chief of hematology/oncology for Memorial Regional Hospital. I became interested in oncology at an early age. My father is an oncologist and I saw firsthand the impact he has on his patients' lives and the unique relationships that he shares with them. I knew that I wanted to follow in his footsteps and I consider it a privilege to be able to help people through a very difficult time in their lives. At Memorial, we have the best of both worlds: the high-tech equipment and resources along with talented, compassionate professionals needed to provide excellent care. Patients are our first priority and we are passionate about helping them feel their best. In addition to patient care, I am also involved in clinical research and serve as principle investigator for trials focusing on lung, head and neck cancers. While I love many aspects of my job, the ultimate reward is seeing my patients making memories. When I receive a text from a patient with a picture of them at a wedding, a vacation or sometimes even a brewery – that more than anything inspires me to push forward in our fight against cancer. "

• Hematology & Oncology

Medical School | Graduated 2001
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2004
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Hunis has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hunis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hunis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hunis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hunis to family and friends

Dr. Hunis' Performance

Knowledgeable, patient comes first, great bedside manners, funny and very sffable. Offices always spotless and he has excellent relationship with staff. harryono17@aol.com
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Brian Hunis is a wonderful and very kind Doctor, he has helped my family and I for the past two years with great medicine, wonderful advice and human kindness. He is always available and I am very grateful to have him as a Doctor.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
Great Doctor very Cordial!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
I was diagnosed with cancer May 2016, and referred to Dr. Hunis through a referral from my primary care physician. Best referral ever. I feel Dr. Hunis literally saved my life, and he is the only reason I am alive today. The Chemotherapy drugs I was given, and the caring treatment I received by...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
Good with patients, knowledgeable ,professional, listen's nothing bad to say very good doctor,very clean office,very friendly staff,also knowledgeable.
Are you Dr. Hunis?