Dr. Brian Grosberg, MD

Dr. Brian Grosberg, MD

Headache Medicine •  Male • Age 45

Contact provider for availability
Telehealth services available

Dr. Brian Grosberg, MD is a Headache Medicine Specialist in West Hartford, CT and has over 20 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Grosberg has more experience with Headache than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Suny Upstate Medical University (Syracuse) medical school in 2000. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as The Hospital of Central Connecticut at Bradley Memorial and Hartford Hospital. He has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Grosberg to book an appointment.

Hartford HealthCare Medical Group

New Patient?
Hartford Healthcare Headache Center65 Memorial Rd Ste 508 West Hartford, CT 06107

• Practices at Top Hospital Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Grosberg's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Grosberg

Dr. Grosberg?
  • Explained conditions well (20)
  • Listened & answered questions (20)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (20)
  • Long wait times (18)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (3)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (2)
Sorry , but I cannot give a good review. I got no relief from my left sided headaches that are probably the result of long term changes in the shape of my skull from a very invasive neurosurgery done decades ago. If you have chronic migraines you may be very happy here- once you get and appointment and that can take months. Dr. Grosberg is charming but he is a migraine specialist and tried to get me to get an MRI despite not knowing if the metal intracranial clamps in my head were MRI compatible. Fortunately two of my other docs said" not worth the risk". Also , the stiffness in my left eye was ignored which makes my ability to read and use a computer very limited- I had to retire early. I continue with daily headaches that are probably the result of structural changes in my skull causing tentorial tension which is causing tension on the nerves to myleft eye. ( makes reading very tiring). I continue with hours of daily headaches
Feb 26, 2020
Your feedback is sincerely appreciated, and will...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Grosberg, MD?
Dr. Brian Grosberg is the best headache doctor you can have treating you period! He is also a caring, warm and friendly doctor which helps when you have chronic migraines. In my case I also have other neurological issues and is always on top of my care with the other factors and making sure nothing will trigger seizures or bleeding in my brain. The office is always scent free and low lighting! All around a wonderful place to be treated.
Mar 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Grosberg, MD?
I saw Dr. Grosberg because by doctor wasn't available that day. He was amazing. Very kind and he LISTENED to what I had to say and asked questions. He wanted to try new things to help my migraines. He explained things in ways that were easy to understand and offered new solutions. He also had a good sense of humor. I would absolutely give him 5 stars!
CT – Jan 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Grosberg, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Grosberg for years. I followed him from NY to CT. He is the best doctor I have ever had. He genuininly cares about his patients and knows his craft. He doesn’t rush you. He takes his time and treats the whole patient not just one symptom. I can’t say enough good things about him.
Jan 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Grosberg, MD?
I cant say enough good about him. However, I am in the middle of a medical crisis and let the office staff know. They could not give me an appointment with anyone till March. I am disabled with pain due to CSF leak and cannot wait. The office staff explained they could not do anything. No attempt to let him know that a patient was in crisis nothing. This is not how he would like his office run. Megan Kozak
Megan Kozak in Farmington, CT – Dec 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Grosberg, MD?
Dr Grosberg treated me yesterday as my usual physician was booked. He is the most funny and cool doc I have ever had. Even though I was feeling awful sure to my migraine he still made me laugh. I am leaving for vacation and he was able to help me with a new medication and I feel the best I felt in a month!! Thank you Doc!!!
Angel in Hartford , CT – Aug 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Grosberg, MD?
Dr Grosberg is truly a gifted physician. He is kind and generous with his time with you. His staff is outstanding. I fell like i have my life back. Thank you Dr Grosberg for your help and concern.
Darlene – May 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Grosberg, MD?
Excellent outcome for migraine. Dr. is also an excellent human being. The excellence permeates the entire practice and staff.
Apr 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Grosberg, MD?
Dr. Grosburg is the most caring physician by whom I have ever been treated. He is so brilliant! He had given me my life back. I wish everyone had the privilege of being treated by Dr. Grosburg.
Rose S in Farmington, CT – Apr 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Grosberg, MD?
I drive 88 miles to see Dr Grosberg and I would travel anywhere to see him. He is the most caring, compassionate, and thorough Dr. He responds to all emails and takes the time with you to review your plan of care. He will communicate with your other drs (my surgeons and ob/gyn) about best treatment options. With a 3 hour round trip drive, his office staff is always accommodating to my schedule and they are also the sweetest women.
Deborah in Chappaqua, NY – Feb 19, 2018
Dr. Grosberg's Reply – Flag
So glad to hear, Deborah! :)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Grosberg, MD?
Dr. Grosberg is an excellent doctor. He is a great listener, a skilled doctor and a very compassionate human being. I am very grateful to have him as my physician. I would be disabled without his care and I now work as a therapist about 55 hours a week. I followed him from the Bronx to here to continue to work with him.
Daniel Millstein in Simsbury, CT – Feb 17, 2018
Dr. Grosberg's Reply – Flag
We appreciate your positive review, Daniel.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Grosberg, MD?
I can’t say enough wonderful things about Dr Grosberg and his caring, professional staff. In the two years that I have been under his care, he literally has given me my life back. My debilitating chronic migraines kept me from life outside my home. His caring and highly professional manner afforded me the opportunity to work with him and discuss a treatment plan to start me on the road to better management and better quality of life. He is my miracle and will be yours also.
Lisa in East Lyme CT – Feb 05, 2018
Hi Lisa, Thank you for taking the time to leave a...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Grosberg, MD?
Dr Grosberg is a wonderful, caring physician. He is extremely knowlegable. He is remarkarkable in that he cares about the whole patient. He has made a huge positive difference in my quality of life, since I started treating with him for migraines.
Karin Speier in GLASTONBURY, CT – Feb 02, 2018
Dr. Grosberg's Reply – Flag
So kind of you to say, Karin! Thanks.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Grosberg, MD?
Dr. Grosberg is one of the most knowledgeable and compassionate doctors, and arguably people, that I have ever met. He is on the cutting edge of his field, and cares very deeply for his patients. He has an incredibly gentle bedside manner, and will stop at nothing to make sure that he is getting to the bottom of your pain. Those of us with migraines know how grueling it can be, but Dr. Grosberg is a bright light at the end of what can be a long and dark tunnel. Highly, highly recommend!
Lindsay in Stamford, CT – Jan 25, 2018
Thanks, Lindsay.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Grosberg, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Grosberg since april of 2016. He has helped me tremendously by trying to help find a solution to my chronic migraines. I have suffered with migraines since childhood. I have seen numerous doctors over the years but none have been as patient and persistent in trying to find a treatment that would give me relief from these debilitating headaches. If he suggests a treatment that does not give optimal relief he continues to work to find a new solution.
Linda Frucce in Hebron,Ct. – Jan 23, 2018
Hi Linda: We're so glad that we were able to go...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Grosberg, MD?
Dr. Grosberg is the most caring neurologist I have ever been to. I have never met a doctor who has such a wonderful bedside manner. He cares and empathizes with his patients. He has gone way out of his way to help reduce my pain. For ex, even calling me way after hours. I have dealt with migraines for 23 years which is most of my life. He is literally the smartest person I have ever met. He has so much useful knowledge. The world needs more doctors like him. CT is so lucky to have him!
Jen in Orlando, Fl – Jan 19, 2018
Indeed we are lucky to have him here in CT....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Grosberg, MD?
From the moment you walk into Suite 508 for The Headache Center, you experience one of the friendliest office environments with greetings from Sam - who is just the best! The entire staff CARES about you and it shines through from every interaction you have. I have recommended this facility and Dr. Grosberg personally to friends and family and will continue to do so. I can now enjoy the smallest joys like listening to the radio again because of the outstanding work they do! THANK YOU!
Sarah in South Windsor, CT – Jan 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Grosberg, MD?
I have suffered from migraines for 10 years. I’ve seen now 4 different neurologists to try and better manage my migraines and decrease the intensity and frequency. My first appointment with Dr Grosberg changed my life. I have since decreased my migraine frequency and intensity and cut out unnecessary medications. Dr Grosberg has a vast variety of knowledge and builds off of his personal knowledge and research studies to treat his patients. He will do anything and everything for his patients.
Rachelle in Salem,CT – Jan 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Grosberg, MD?
I have recommended Dr. Grosberg to family and friends and will continue to do so. He is very professional and knowledgeable about what is currently available and the state of research in the field. He explains alternatives including any possible negative side affects as well as positive results that have been obtained. His manner is very caring and personable. I have complete confidence in his prescribing and the procedures he performs. His support staff is very professional and personable.
Jan 03, 2018
Thanks for your kind words about Dr. Grosberg. We...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Grosberg, MD?
I would recommend Dr Grosberg to anyone. He is very kind, professional and smart. Since I started seeing him he helped me a lot with my headache, I can't thank him enough....
Simsbury, Ct – Jan 03, 2018
Thank YOU!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Grosberg, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Grosberg?

Dr. Grosberg accepts

Dr. Grosberg accepts the following insurance:

Access Blue New England Network-CT
Yale New Haven Health System - Tiered-CT PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Oxford Health Plans

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Headache

Headache is a common symptom that can sometimes signal a more serious condition, such as migraine, high blood pressure, or cerebral hemorrhage.Compare with other Headache specialists.

Typically treats 73% more than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 4 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Migraine

Dr. Grosberg treats Migraine more than 100% of their peers

Dr. Grosberg treats this condition more than 100% of their peers

All Headaches (incl. Migraine)

Dr. Grosberg treats All Headaches (incl. Migraine) more than 100% of their peers

Dr. Grosberg treats this condition more than 100% of their peers

• Infusion Therapy
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Nerve Blocks
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Spondylosis
  • Tension Headache

The Headache Center specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of many types of headaches. We understand that every person suffering from headache is unique, which is why we offer unique expertise.

• Headache Medicine
  • Headache Management
  • Neurology

Montefiore Medical Center
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
2000
Suny Upstate Medical University (Syracuse)