Sports Medicine  |
Dr. Brian Grawe, MD
Dr. Brian Grawe, MD is a sports medicine doctor who practices in Cincinnati, OH. He is 35 years old and has been practicing for 9 years. Dr. Grawe is affiliated with West Chester Hospital and University Cincinnati Medical Center .

231 Albert Sabin Way 212

Cincinnati, OH 45267

Learn about Dr. Grawe

Dr. Grawe's Experience

Dr. Grawe's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Sports Medicine

• Sports Medicine
  • Orthopedic Sports Medicine

Dr. Grawe does not have any board certifications listed.

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Univ Of Cincinnati Coll Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2008

Dr. Grawe has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Grawe has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Grawe does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Grawe and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Grawe's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Grawe to family and friends
Dr. Grawe's Performance
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Grawe is an exceptional physician and surgeon. I had a multi-ligament injury in which my ACL, MCL and PCL all had to be repaired. Dr. Grawe constructed a great recovery plan and ensured that I had the best team to have a great outcome and get back to my active lifestyle.
in Cincinnati, OH |
His bedside manner is great. He explains what exactly is going on in great detail and answers any questions you may have. You can tell that he is passionate about his profession, which gave me confidence to have my ACL surgery done with him. He is a true tactician when it comes to surgery, as my incision is extremely thin and looks great. I have had no setbacks in my recovery after having surgery with Dr. Grawe/
in Lawrenceburg, IN |
Dr. Grawe has done an excellent performance of two reverse full shoulder replacements, the first one on June 29, 2017 and the second on October 19, 2017. I am so pleased with the outcome of the first surgery and the subsequent PT program. A great success. Dr. Grawe's PT protocol is excellent. I anticipate equally great success with this recent surgery. THANK YOU DR. GRAWE.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Very helpful regarding pain issues
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Grawe is very knowledgeable, caring and understanding. He did a SUPER job replacing my shoulder!!
in Cincinnati, OH |
The surgery and recovery went great. I can do more with my shoulder than I have been able to in the last seven years.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Excellent ortho Doctor. Very personable, listens to his patients. He saw 3 of my friends so I knew I was in good hands. My surgery was a success.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Grawe is a godsend for me. My bones were so brittle that I thought my shoulder could never be repaired. Now that my shoulder is fixed I can move more than I have in 5 years and with less pain. Dr. Grawe is easy to talk to and he explains everything.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Amazing Doctor very happy with surgery outcome he really cares about patients
in Cincinnati, OH |
Great experience and truly thankful for performing the procedure on me. Dr. Grawe and the entire staff are very helpful and attentive through the process. Have recommended and will continue to recommend Dr. Grawe to those seeking shoulder help.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Great Dr. A pleasure to have met and to have had my surgery performed by him.
in Cincinnati, OH |
This is my 2nd shoulder surgery in 21/2 years. 'My shoulder seeps better than it did after my first surgery. Dr. Grawe did a great job on my reverse shoulder arthoplasty. .
Cincinnati, OH |
I would like to give a review about Dr. Grawe's abilities as a doctor, but I have been waiting an hour and 15 minutes in the waiting room and I *still* have not seen him... I'm not sure why they tell us to arrive 30 minutes early if they are going to be so far behind schedule. And this is just at the beginning of the morning! Hopefully I'll get to see him before cobwebs start to form on me ??
Cincinnati, OH |
After three failed shoulder surgeries on my right shoulder and one on the left in a span of seven years, I finally found a surgeon who recognized my symptoms and connected the dots to a new approach in my 5th surgery last year. I'm 13 months post-op and the overall difference is night and day. I'm grateful for Dr. Grawe for having the ability to identify my problem and finding the correct solution to get me back on the road to full-duty for my occupation as a Firefighter and Paramedic.
Cincinnati, OH |
Dr Grawe has always made me feel comfortable. Explained surgery well & answered all my questions. All of the staff has been very friendly.
Cincinnati, OH |
Easy to talk to, explains things in terms that are understandable.
in Kings Mills, OH |
AWESOME physician! Dr.Grawe is the total package- knowledge, skillful, great listener, interpersonal skills and genuinely compassionate. My partial knee replacement has defintely been worth it. I'm now pain free, my exercise abilities totally restored and quality of life back!!
in Lawrenceburg, IN |
After 3 failed attempts at shoulder / collarbone surgery by another surgeon, I elected to go to UC health for one more try. Dr. Grawe did it RIGHT. It feels great and no pain after 15 years of constant ache.
in Cincinnati, OH |
I did not know what to expect when I was diagnosed with a medial meniscus tear in my right knee. Dr Grawe explained the needed procedure, provided handouts, answered all of my questions and completely put me at ease. When he said that I would be able to put weigh on my knee following surgery, I was skeptical. To my surprise, the next day I was walking without crutches and had relatively no pain! I could not have asked for a better experience.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Grawe was great with my brother who is challenged and had a very bad rotator tear the first time. He was very patient with him and thorough. The results were excellent. He has replaced both shoulders now and my brother can now use both shoulders and pain free. My brother is very comfortable going to see him as are we his family. Thanks for the wonderful care!!
in Le Grange, Ky |
When you hear you have a massive tear in your rotator cuff, you automatically think pain; even after surgery. But by day 3 post- op I was basically off my pain meds. I started physical therapy 1 week post- op and I was on my way to fully restored function. During my recovery I moved 90 miles away, but if I, my husband or any other family member needed rotator cuff surgery, I would bring them to see Dr Grawe and his fabulous staff. I will be forever grateful for the treatment I received.
in cincinnati, oh |
Very nice and easy to talk to
in cincinnati, oh |
He was excellent and did a marvelous job, would recommend he to the whole world and would not trade my doctor if they offer me money, that's how great he is to me
Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Grawe is extremely professional, demonstrates excellent bedside manner, is thorough with answering questions and providing explanations of what is going on, and is a skilled surgeon. I would recommend Dr. Grawe without any reservation to family and friends.
Ft Mitchell, KY |
I highly recommend Dr. Grawe. I especially like how he took the time to review my x-rays and MRI results in detail.
in Cincinnati, OH |
I highly recommend Dr. Grawe, my experience couldn't have been better. He was very thorough and patient. He explained the situation and all options. Once I made the decision to go forward with surgery (both rotator cuffs) he carefully walked through what to expect. He referred me to an outstanding physical therapist with whom he coordinates very closely on patient specific rehab planning. My outcomes have been better than expected. Dr. Grawe staff is very pleasant and supportive.
Cincinnati, OH |
I had rotator cuff surgery fifteen years ago. The repair re-tore one year later, and I had lost faith in having another shoulder surgery. After meeting with a couple doctors, I was referred to Dr. Grawe. He spent ample time going over what reverse shoulder replacement was (I had no rotator left to repair) and what I could expect as far as use of my arm. I read about his high level of competency and researched based approach. I am very happy with my choice of Dr. Grawe to perform this surgery.
in Cincinnati |
Not only is Dr. Grawe a highly skilled surgeon he has a great bedside manner. I had my surgery in September and have been ahead of schedule with my recovery. When you have a surgery like this you are required to have several follow up visits and Dr. Grawe makes it a better experience because he remembers personal details from your last visit in regards to family. Even with all of his amazing credentials he is able to show humility when interacting with his pati
in Mason, OH |
Dr. Grawe answers all my questions and is very gracious. I know what I am supposed to do and not do before my next appointment, and it makes me feel confident that all is well. I am in good hands! Thank you, Dr. Grawe!!
in Cincinnati, OH |
He's great and I highly recommend him.
in Milford, OH |
I met Dr. Grawe when he took over the upper body specialty from Dr. Kenter. Unfortunately for me, I was having to deal with revisions to rotator cuff and tricep tendon repairs. A revision is basically doing it over again because they failed the first time. All caused by my impatience. Dr. Grawe is very high energy and has a quick grasp on a situation. As I discovered, he is also a skilled surgeon. Since he is a young man, I'm glad to know that he will be around for a very long time!
in Hebron KY |
Dr Grawe did my reverse shoulder replacement. He did a great job and I am six weeks out of surgery and can do more with my arm than I could before. Really a very caring Doctor!!!
in Richmond, IN |
Phenomenal doctor who is at the top of his field. He has a tremendous bedside manner and provided outstanding care.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Grawe performed knee replacements on both of my legs and I am extremely pleased with the results. He is an excellent doctor, cared about my well being. Great bedside manner.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr Grawe listens well and does not pay attention to the clock when he is with you.
in Dry ridge, ky |
Dr.Grawe saved my life. I wouldn't be walking if it wasn't for him. I had soo much damage to my knee from a terrible car accident. He was able to repair it all. He is a very caring doctor and made sure I received the best care possible. Thank you Dr.Grawe!!!
in Ashland KY |
Excellent Dr. Highly recommend. Caring and patient.
West Chester, OH |
Dr. Grawe repaired my torn rotator cuff. I like that he didn't pull any punches. Told me right away that this was a very long recovery process. He is usually on time and is very pleasant. Everyone who works at this practice is very helpful and friendly. My only suggestion is that you write down your questions for him. He doesn't linger in the room with you, he will be out before you remember your question. I would definitely recommend him to anyone.
Dr. Grawe was fantastic!
in Cincinnati, OH |
Great job, Dr. Grawe! Since he did arthroscopy of my right rotator cuff, I can finally sleep at night. One thing I really like is that he remembers that my daughters were present when I had the surgery, and he always asks about them when I see him for follow-up visits.
Sunman, IN |
Dr. Grawe treated my rotator cuff. His work was excellent. He was thorough in his assessment and detailed about options in treatment as well as my responsibility for best outcome of treatment. As I worked in healthcare over 40 years and really had no prior experience with him I was immediately impressed our first visit. He is professional, know his stuff, and exceptional in his practice. I would definitely recommend him.
in West Chester, OH |
I suffered a massive rotator cuff tear involving 3 out of 4 tendons and 2 fractures in my wrist. The team at UC has been incredible. Dr Grawe is an excellent surgeon and has a great bedside manor. He had me an ice machine ordered an set for delivery before I even had surgery. He is in constant contact with my therapy team at NovaCare and keeps close watch on my progress, I am 3 months post op and have very positive results. I highly recommend you see him if you are considering shoulder surgery.
in Martinsville, Ohio |
Dr Grawe is an excellent surgeon. Thanks to him I can use my right arm again.
in Mason, OH |
Best Dr. for the job. Post surgery no pain.
in Mason, Ohio |
Dr. Grawe smiles and cares, he spends time with you even though I get the feeling that the powers that be have a clock on their doctors. Any other Doctor could have scheduled surgery on my extreme elbow dislocation and fractures and breaks and torn tenors etc. but Dr.Grawe wanted to see if I could heal on my own with God. I did heal and I thank Dr Grawe and his staff especially Becka who is so positive and loving.
Have you seen Dr. Brian Grawe, MD?
Are you Dr. Grawe?