Dr. Brian Gordon, MD

Dr. Brian Gordon, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Brian Gordon, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Latham, NY. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Gordon is affiliated with Saint Peter's Hospital.

1182 Troy Schenectady Rd Ste 100

Latham, NY 12110

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • MVP Health Care

Learn about Dr. Gordon

See how frequently Dr. Gordon performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Low Back Pain
Back Pain
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
high

Dr. Gordon's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Bone Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Pelvic Fracture
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture

No malpractice history found for New York.

• SUNY Upstate Med Univ
    Medical School | Graduated 1993

Dr. Gordon has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gordon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gordon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gordon's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gordon to family and friends
2.3
Dr. Gordon's Performance
    GOOD
ny |
I read the other reviews before going to see Dr. Gordon and had some apprehension. I shouldn't have because both my husband and I thought he was great. He was clearly knowledgeable, personable, and was able to give me concrete feedback and send me to other specialists. I don't understand how he could have gotten some of the other bad reviews. Dr. Gordon was to the point but I'm a person who respects honesty and a doctor who is grounded in reality. He really listened and I never felt rushed.
in Latham, NY |
Dr Gordon spent almost 45 minutes with me doing full exam and reviewing MRI. He really took the time to explain my best options for treatment. He did not just push surgery. Ignore the negative reviews on here. They are not true. Dr Gordon is great if you are lookinf for honesty.
in Clinton Corners, NY 12514 |
I wouldn't recommend him. He said the dx. I have been treated for the past 18 yrs. was wrong, said he didn't know what was causing my back pain, offered no plan for my back pain. He said sometimes it was his job to tell people what they didn't want to hear but proceeded to tell me nothing or devise a Rx. plan. He is the rudest, most condescending person/dr. I have ever met. He has prevented me access to Dr. Lovely. I would like to know from him what it is I don't want to hear.He thinks he is God
in Albany, NY |
Dr Gordon, Thank you so much for our visit to review my MRI. I did take your suggestion and visit Dr. Gordon in Clifton Park, Pain Management and we also discussed my condition and the best treatment for it. Unfortunately I was to call and schedule a appointment to start my procedures but he must not be taking new patients for I called several times and left messages and did not get a return call to schedule my visit. I am assuming they are not taking new patients. Thank you anyway.
in Clifton Park, NY |
This guy is serious, and gets results. He will do everything in his power to make sure you get every test and exam you need. (Its a constant battle with your insurance co.) I have no idea why he has bad reviews... They are a high traffic facility because they're the best, so you do wait a little bit, but he is very complete in his exam. He doesnt speculate, or waste time with theories, he tells you exactly what tests are needed, and makes sure you get them.
in Freehold, NY |
Seen him for herniated discs in my neck and he tells me he can't do anything for me and all I can do is go to pain management for injections. Then proceeds to give me names for Albany med surgeons. I explained that I want my quality of life back and he laughed. He can't be bothered listening to your symptoms acts like your wasting his time. Terrible bedside manner!!!! Explains why the other doctors in the practice are booked out a month but you get right in for an appt with him.
in Cairo,NY |
Fabulous bedside manor, takes his time to answer questions in detail. Explained my Spine problem in great detail then took me personally to front desk to make RUSH appointment with A Neurosurgeon. Great compassion and a very personable gentleman. THANK YOU DR GORDON!!!
in Latham, NY |
Saw dr.gordon on Thursday and he was the worst dr I have ever seen.He makes you feel like you are a waste of his time and does not give you a chance to explain or ask questions.First he tells me all my problems is because I'm old(43),then tell me I could have a procedure done but I am too young!!!! Well which is it am I old or young!!!!!! Then he said go get injections in your back. Please save yourself and your children and do not see this dr.Going for a second opinion
in Albany, NY |
Saw Dr Gordon he stated I could use a spinal fusion but did not want to to do because of my age ( too young ) and the possibility of needing more surgery in 10 years ... He wants me to go get spinal injections instead , which I do not want done because I know a lot of people who had bad experiences with them ... He basically told me if I dont do the shots dont bother going back to him ... just live with the pain because if its as bad as I say my pain is I will want the injections.
Great Barrington, MA |
Dr. Gordon was outstanding. Very detailed physical exam. MRI available on site. I highly recommend Dr. Gordon.
Have you seen Dr. Brian Gordon, MD?
Are you Dr. Gordon?

Visit Dr. Gordon

Dr. Gordon accepts 7 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
    BlueConnect HMO
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO