Dr. Brian D. Gill, MD

Dr. Brian D. Gill, MD

General Surgery | Male

You, the patient, are the most important person to our practice. We are committed to providing the best possible medical care. Excellence is our goal. We have worked to provide a full range of service and have highly trained and knowledgeable staff who have been together for some ten years plus. We look forward to being part of your medical team.Read more

Utah Surgical Associates
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Dr. Gill is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Gill's Experience

81Experience
Match

See how Dr. Gill's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gill

Dr. Gill accepts 13 insurance carriers

13 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Gill has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Gill

Dr. Gill's Review Details
4.8 based on 30 responses
Experience with Dr. Gill
Dr. Gill's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (26)
in Orem UT |
Dr. Gill answered my questions, got me in quickly for surgery, reassured me, made me comfortable and made the whole process incredibly smooth.
in Provo, UT |
Dr. Gill is an amazing surgeon. He listens carefully to his patients, evaluates all avenues to find the very best procedures, and he is precise and thorough in his surgeries. His after-care is extremely admirable as he addresses each patient as if they are his only patient. He knows every detail of each case and seems to always be thinking of ways to make his patients more comfortable and on the mend in healthy, positive directions. He is very personable and approachable. He is my favorite!
in Orem, UT |
Dr. Gill made a very uncomfortable situation much easier to deal with. I recovered quickly from my surgery, and feel so much better than I did before. He's very personable, and I enjoyed his jokes. His scheduling staff and nurse were amazing. Everyone in the office was always willing to help, even if I called several times. They went above and beyond what I've ever experienced in any doctor's office or customer service environment.
in Lehi, ut |
My wife had an emergency C-section and my baby was born 5 weeks early. She was in the NICU for 3 weeks. (a $200,000 bill). A week after she was born I went in for appendicitis. After that I got my bill from Dr. Bill that was $800.00. I asked if I could make payments or if there was a time limit that I had to pay it all off. They told me 6 months. After 3 months and after paying $400.00, I got a bill from collections saying I owed $800.00.This place will not work with you. All they care for is $.
in Highland, UT |
I would highly recommend Dr. Gill to my families and friends. I received the best possible medical care. He clearly explained the procedure, answered all questions...even drawing me pictures so I could understand my condition. This was a condition I suffered with for a long time. I have had a very successful recovery and feel better than I have for years. I have confidence in Dr. Gill and gratitude beyond words... Thank you Dr. Gill !!! Sincerely, Peggy Fisher
in Springville, UT |
If I ever need surgery again, I will choose Dr. Gill. I was able to quickly schedule my gallbladder surgery. He is compassionate, professional, clearly explains the procedure, the risks, and what to expect in recovery. He provided written instructions pre and post surgery. There are variables with an individual's recovery, but my experience was very little pain (only took two Advil twice), no nausea, and quick recovery. I'm 13 days post surgery & I feel great! I highly recommend Brian Gill.
in Springville, UT |
Great surgeon. I am very happy that he was the one to operate on me. Very knowledgeable. Good bedside manner.
in Provo, UT |
I was referred to Dr. Gill by an Emergency Room physician. His diagnostic skill, surgical talent, and healing talent resulted in successful surgery. I went home with no pain in my recovery. The office staff assisted in coordinating my appointment and were courteous. I cannot express my level of gratitude for Dr. Gill's competency and skill. My most sincere thanks, Bradlee D. Black.
in Orem, UT |
Our family Doctor said that he would trust Dr. Gill with his life. That helped me understand that I was in good hands. He was very thorough and explained everything in a way that I could understand. His assistant, Hannah, was very supportive when I would call with questions and needing some reassurance the first couple of days after the surgery.
He was very professional, and he did a great job. But, he seemed like he was always in a rush, never really feeling like he was focusing on me and was there to answer all my questions. I had to bring up that I had questions. Maybe just put a bit more energy into what the patient wants.
in Santaquin, UT |
I felt an assurance that the outcome of my surgery would be success based on Dr. Gills experience.
in Springville, UT |
Dr. Gill was by far the kindest, most qualified surgeon to perform the surgery that I needed done. After the surgery, when my recovery went much slower than normal, he used great expertise in finding the solution for healing me. He had a marvelous bedside manner while still remaining completely professional. He explained everything to me in a way that I could understand what had taken place and what I needed to do in the future. I have been highly recommending him to all my acquaintances.
in Salem, Utah |
He was very personable and thorough He explained everything and told me what to expect. I feel very confident with him as my surgeon
Have you seen Dr. Brian D. Gill, MD?
Are you Dr. Brian D. Gill, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Gill

• Breast Cancer
  • Breast Lump
  • Cholecystitis and Gallstones
  • Cholelithiasis
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Constipation
  • Crohn's Disease
  • Diaphragmatic and-or Hiatal Hernia
  • Esophageal Cancer
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Liver Cancer
  • Meckel's Diverticulum
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Disease
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pleural Effusion

• Hernia Repair
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Anti-Reflux Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Diaphragmatic or Paraesophageal Hernia Repair With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Thyroid Surgery
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Vascular Surgical Procedure
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

Thomas Jefferson University

Graduated in 1988

Virginia Mason MC

Completed in 1989

Virginia Mason MC

Completed in 1993

Brigham Young University

Graduated in 1984

Dr. Gill has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Gill has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gill does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gill and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Gill's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in General Surgery
  • No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  • Malpractice claims in Utah not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Gill

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Gill's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Gill

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Gill's Care Philosophy