Dr. Brian Gill, MD

General Surgery •  Male

Telehealth services available

Dr. Brian Gill, MD is a General Surgery Specialist in Provo, UT and has over 32 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Gill has more experience with Liver/Pancreas/Gallbadder/Spleen Surgery than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Thomas Jefferson University medical school in 1988. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Timpanogos Regional Hospital and Mountain View Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Gill to book an appointment.

Utah Surgical Associates

New Patient?
Utah Surgical Associates3550 N University Ave Ste 250 Provo, UT 84604

More General Surgery Specialists at Utah Surgical Associates

Dr. Gill's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Gill

Dr. Gill?
What People Say About Dr. Brian Gill, MD
I had a zoom meeting with Dr Gill, and it went well. He was already available as soon as I logged in, 10 min ahead of schedule, so that was awesome, and I didn't have to wait in the waiting room. We had a good visit and were able to communicate just fine via zoom.
Mar 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Gill, MD?
I recently had a surgery done by Dr. Gill at the emergency room (3-18-2020). While at the emergency room, Dr. Gill was very helpful and informative of what was going on with my surgery.l which was very comforting. Today (3-26-2020), one week later, I just had a Telemed (video conference) call with dr. Gill online via my laptop. Dr. Gill showed up right on time, and the appointment was fantastic. During this time with the COVID-19 spreading around quickly, I was really grateful to have a follow up from the safety of my home. If you have a telemed call, be sure to arrive on the call early to download the required software if you are using your laptop. It took me just a couple minutes and the call started flawlessly. Thanks Dr. Gill as well as your staff for the help!
Lo Partsch – Mar 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Gill, MD?
Dr.Gill was able to operate on me within 3 days of my diagnosis so I seen him on a Thursday and he operated on me on Friday that was after I had seen a urologist and was diagnosed and he has treated me very well since I would highly recommend his services.
KEVIN T CHRISTENSEN – Feb 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Gill, MD?
Dr. Gill is an amazing surgeon. He operated on my wife For a hernia that had been repaired before. He wasVery informative. He brought out pictures after the surgery sat down with me and showed me exactly what he had done. Something that has never been done before. Before and after surgery he is very caring we Truly appreciate his professionalism. I will recommend him to the highest level.
Kerry and Kimberly Carver – Nov 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Gill, MD?
Dr. Gill was amazing! I have little to no side effects post surgery. He and his staff are very helpful and kind.
Oct 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Gill, MD?
Dr. Gill is very thorough and pleasant to work with. I had an incisional hernia repair and everything went smooth. Recovery was great and had absolute no glitches. I would absolutely use him again!
DeNiece – Oct 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Gill, MD?
I am very pleased with my experience with Dr. Gill. He is kind, sensitive and professional. He put me at ease with the surgery I needed. He is knowledgable and capable. I would definitely recommend him to others.
Jill – Aug 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Gill, MD?
Had been experiencing gallbladder problems for months when finally after a couple weeks of not being able to eat and drink got into the emergency room where Dr. Gill was able to calm my nerves and explain the procedure to me and within 24 hours I felt like a new person. It was amazing and he is an amazing surgeon that I would highly recommend.
Aug 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Gill, MD?
I had Dr. Gill remove my gallbladder. He did an excellent job. I was high risk because I was about 200 lbs overweight. Dr. Gill took his time, worked with me to loose weight so it would be safer. He explained everything along the way. I felt very comfortable with him and informed.
Provo, UT – Jun 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Gill, MD?
Dr Gill did a great job on my surgery. He was thorough and very forthcoming on the procedure. He wasn’t in a rush and took his time so I understood the pain after the surgery. He and his staff were extremely helpful and professional. He did an excellent job and even with the pain after the surgery it was worth it.
UT – Jun 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Gill, MD?
Dr. Gill was thorough, thoughtful, and skillful. His abilities directly contributed to a speedy and complication free recovery.
Edwin Mardell Jensen in Centerfield – Feb 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Gill, MD?
Outstanding care and results. Close to 100% two weeks post surgery. I have nothing but positive feedback.
Provo, UT – Nov 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Gill, MD?
Dr. Brian Gill is an amazing surgeon with years of experience that makes the complex rigors of surgery seemingly easy to navigate because of his expertise. My surgery experience was relatively painless and with a very speedy recovery. I was so impressed that Dr. Gill came to visit me prior to surgery and calm my nerves. He has great bedside manners and is a doctor who truly cares about his patients and their getting better.
Alan Openshaw in Orem, UT – Sep 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Gill, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Gill for a gall bladder removal. I am a 26 year old, white male who is not the average patient needing this procedure. My consultation with Dr. Gill and his RN, Jorge provided very helpful information. Their office staff and nurse, Hanna, were also professional and timely with their scheduling and follow-up. The procedure went very well, and I’ve had a speedy recovery without complications. If you’re experiencing GB issues, you won’t regret a procedure with Dr. Gill.
Alex H. in Provo, UT – May 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Gill, MD?
Dr Gill evaluated me thoroughly and recommended the correction of my problem immediately. Having suffered from severe acid reflux over several years he knew surgery was the only option and scheduled me week later. I have not had any episodes since surgery and feel amazing. I didn’t believe I could be healed and was pretty downhearted with my ailment. Dr Gill has made my life 100% again. I love life again. Thank you Dr Brian Gill and your staff ??
Cecile Peay in Benjamin UT – Feb 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Gill, MD?
Dr. Gill had to come to the ER Christmas Eve to remove my gallbladder. He and his staff were exceptionally polite, friendly, answered all my questions and did an outstanding job on my surgery. My followup appointment was great, they talked to me about my healing process, gave me literature to help me learn more on my own later and actually listened to me and sincerely cared what I thought and how my experiences was. Dr. Gill is top notch in his profession and the reviews here speak to that;
Feb 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Gill, MD?
I spent Christmas Eve in the ER and Dr. Gill and his assistant came to see me. I had a gall stone. He called a great doctor to come and remove it while I was under general anesthesia. I spent the night in the hospital, and next afternoon went home to spend Christmas with my family. I did not have the pain anymore. A few days later I made an appointment for my gall bladder. His nurse Rachel was so professional and answered all my questions. His pleasant manner assured me. I healed quickly.
Diana Neves in Spanish Fork UT – Jan 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Gill, MD?
I sought out Dr. Gill, based on his reputation, and I wasn't disappointed. He's very skilled in repairing Hiatal Hernias and performing the Nissen fundoplication. It has been 8 weeks since my surgery and I haven't had any problems with acid reflux. I can sleep on my right side, bend over and tie my shoes, and eat a greater variety of foods again without acid coming up and burning my throat. In addition to his skills, Dr. Gill has a caring, warm bedside manner. I'm very please with the results,
Bryce Thacker in Highland, Utah – Jan 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Gill, MD?
Doctor Gill is great! He made sure I understood everything about my procedure, and tried to make my scar as minimal as possible. I felt that he genuinely cared about me and my surgery. He is a great doctor.
Madison in Orem, UT – Jan 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Gill, MD?
On Dec 20 Dr. Gill performed a THD procedure for Hemorrhoids. Dr. Gill did a fantastic job with very mild discomfort.. The results were above my best expectations and I definitely recommend Dr. Gill crew to take care of your surgical needs.
Giovanni Bona in provo, utah – Dec 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Gill, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gill?

Dr. Gill accepts

Dr. Gill accepts the following insurance:

Altius Health Plans
Select Med Select Med
SelectHealth
Tricare
TriCare for Life

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Utah

Liver/Pancreas/Gallbadder/Spleen Surgery

This subspecialty of general surgery treats a variety of conditions affecting the liver, pancreas, gallbladder and spleen through procedures including liver resection, gallbladder removal, and the Whipple procedure.

Typically treats 80% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Gallbladder Removal

Dr. Gill performs Gallbladder Removal more than 80% of their peers

Dr. Gill performs this procedure more than 80% of their peers

Gallbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy), Laparoscopic
high

Dr. Gill performs Gallbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy), Laparoscopic more than 80% of their peers

Dr. Gill performs this procedure more than 80% of their peers

• Cholecystitis and Gallstones
  • Cholelithiasis
  • Colectomy
  • Colectomy and Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Constipation
  • Crohn's Disease
  • da Vinci® Assisted Laparoscopic Anti-Reflux Surgery
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery
  • Diaphragmatic and-or Hiatal Hernia
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Gallbladder Removal
  • Gallbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy), Laparoscopic
  • Gallbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy), Open
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Abscess
  • Intestinal Obstruction
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Anti-Reflux Surgery
  • Mastectomy
  • Meckel's Diverticulum
  • Neuroendocrine Tumors
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Pancreatectomy (incl. Pancreas Transplant and Whipple Procedure)
  • Pancreatic Cancer
  • Paraesophageal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pleural Effusion
  • Port Placements or Replacements
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Pyloric Stenosis
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Varicose Veins
  • Ventral Hernia
  • Wound Repair

You, the patient, are the most important person to our practice. We are committed to providing the best possible medical care. Excellence is our goal. We have worked to provide a full range of service and have highly trained and knowledgeable staff who have been together for some ten years plus. We look forward to being part of your medical team.

• General Surgery