Dr. Brian Gill, MD

Dr. Brian Gill, MD

General Surgery  |
Male

Dr. Brian Gill, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Provo, UT. He has been practicing for 29 years.

Utah Surgical Associates

• Select Med
  • SelectHealth

Learn about Dr. Gill

Video

See how frequently Dr. Gill performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Cholecystitis and Gallstones
Gallbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy), Laparoscopic
Gallbladder Removal

Dr. Gill's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Gill "You, the patient, are the most important person to our practice. We are committed to providing the best possible medical care. Excellence is our goal. We have worked to provide a full range of service and have highly trained and knowledgeable staff who have been together for some ten years plus. We look forward to being part of your medical team."

• General Surgery

• Breast Cancer
  • Breast Lump
  • Cholecystitis and Gallstones
  • Cholelithiasis
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Constipation
  • Crohn's Disease
  • Diaphragmatic and-or Hiatal Hernia
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Lipomas
  • Lung Cancer
  • Meckel's Diverticulum
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pleural Effusion

• Breast Surgical Procedure
  • Colectomy
  • Colectomy and Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Heart Surgery
  • Hernia Repair
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Anti-Reflux Surgery
  • Lung Surgery
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Mastectomy
  • Port Placements or Replacements
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Splenectomy
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Wound Repair
  • da Vinci® Assisted Laparoscopic Anti-Reflux Surgery
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• Brigham Young University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1984
  • Thomas Jefferson University
    Medical School | Graduated 1988
  • Virginia Mason Mc
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Virginia Mason Mc
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Gill has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gill does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gill and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Mountain View Hospital

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Gill is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Gill's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gill to family and friends
Dr. Gill's Performance
in Spanish Fork, UT |
Very professional and helpful.
in Provo, UT |
I was super nervous for my surgery since it was my first. He let me ask questions, and he even brought up things I wouldn't have thought about. He was confident in what he was doing and talking about, he made me feel a lot less nervous than I originally was. Thanks Brian!
in American Fork |
Dr Brian Gill is an exceptional surgeon! I was referred to another surgeon from the AF ER and did not like the ratings for him online so I researched and found Dr. Gill. This is why I'm doing to this review to help others get the quality care that Dr Gill gives. He is the best doctor I've ever been to. His bedside manner is amazing and his staff is also exceptional. The follow through of care is exceptional. I would definitively recommend this surgeon! I never had to wait more than 10 min
in Provo, Utah |
My name is Vickie Murphy. I had a very positive experience with Dr. Brian.Gill....very kind and so pleasant. I had gall bladder surgery, and he made me feel very confident that he was the Doctor to do my surgery. He took the time to explain all that the surgery would entail. He answered all of my questions. and made me feel comfortable and at ease to have the surgery. He is an outstanding surgeon and I would have him again if needed. His staff and assistants were exceptional.
Provo, UT |
Dr. Gill is a great doctor! He is patient, kind, and always willing to listen and help. I appreciate the great work that he does and am so glad that there are surgeons like him to help take care of me. I would recommend him in a heartbeat!
Ephraim, UT |
I was having gallbladder issues that sent me to the ER. Twenty minutes after I was admitted Dr. Gill was in my room discussing how my gallbladder needed to be removed, which it was a few hours later. He was very kind for my plight and put my heart at ease that this was the right direction to go. Several weeks later, I am feeling so much better. Dr. Gill took care of the very thing that was creating so much pain! Thank you, Dr. Gill, for your expertise, kindness, and thoroughness..
in Mapleton, UT |
During my 20+ years working in healthcare I have worked with physicians throughout the U.S. Based on my experience, I consider Dr. Gill to be an extraordinary doctor. His knowledge of medicine is deep, broad and current. Very importantly, he has excellent communication skills. He explains things clearly in understandable terms and is a caring listener. It was obvious to me that he really cared about me and wanted to do whatever he could to help me. I recommend Dr. Gill without reservation.
in Spanish Fork, UT |
Dr. Gill is an amazing surgeon. He did emergency surgery on my husband and basically saved his life. Both his skill and bedside manner are the best you could ever want. He truly is an exceptional Doctor who really cares about his patients and does everything he can to make sure that the outcome of their surgery is the best possible. We would definitely recommend him to anyone who needed his skills and would use him ourselves again if we needed too.
in Provo, UT |
I highly recommend Dr. Gill to all in need of an excellent doctor. Why? Because of the keen expertise and wisdom he possessed in his profession as a physician and in how he demonstrated these attributes when I had to have gallbladder surgery. His quality expertise was evident in the very successful and effective operation he performed. I am healing up just fine and am free of my now deceased, beastly gallbladder and all his little friends. His bedside manner and that of all his staff was superb.
in Orem, Utah |
I had a pretty routine surgery performed by Dr. Gill on May 25, 2017. Although the surgery was routine, my recovery; unfortunately, was not. This was not due to anything Dr. Gill did, it just was the luck of the draw, I guess. My situation called for much more care and concern for Dr. Gill, and he exceeded every expectation. There was a morning that I had to call his cell phone at 7:00 am, he answered...there was a night I had to call his cell phone at 11:00 pm, he answered. I am grateful
in Sundance, Utah |
On a Sunday afternoon I needed emergency surgery for a very unexpected hernia. First impressions are so important and immediately on meeting Dr. Gill, I felt confident and at ease about having this procedure done by him . He asked very clear questions, listened to me & explained the process in detail making sure I understood my options, his concerns and thoughts. He was light hearted, funny yet he made me understand the seriousness of the situation. Truly a great surgeon and kind man.
in Orem, Utah |
On December 29, 2015 I got very sick because of a pancreatitis and i had to be hospitalized. There was where i meet Dr, Brian D. Gill. He was and is the Angel of my life, with his knowledge he save my life. Thanks to God that guide him to fix what was wrong on my body. I had two surgeries, the two of them were life treating procedures. But like i said God took Dr. Gill's hands and brain to help me have my health back. He is an excellent human being. I always going to be Thankful for what he did
in Spanish Fork, UT |
No one wants to be in a moment of needing emergency surgery, but in such an event it's nice to know you are in skilled, and capable hands. Dr. Gill literally saved my life, and the life of my unborn baby in a moment of emergency. I knew I was in good hands, and was even more impressed by his kind and encouraging bedside manner. He was thorough, attentive, and put me at ease in a very stressful moment. I would recommend him over and over again! The follow-up was
in Springville, UT |
I have been blown away by Dr. Gill and his staff. He's treated me with the utmost respect and really listened to my concerns. He takes the time to go over histories and discuss them. If he doesn't understand, he will ask for more clarification and never runs off of his own assumptions. He performed my surgery (Hiatal hernia repair with a Nissen Fundoplication) wonderfully and I am healing up well. He also has a great bedside manner. I would highly recommend him and his office.
Provo, UT |
He was very caring and made sure he answered all my questions.
in Provo, UT |
Dr. Gill is an amazing surgeon and an amazing person--it can be difficult to find both. He is very experienced and knowledgeable. He is thorough and detailed in both his communication and his procedures. Dr. Gill really cares about his patients. He goes above and beyond many other doctors I've known to ensure the safety and comfort of all he works with. I never doubted that I was in good hands with Dr. Gill. He has an excellent and kind bedside manner. I would recommend him to anyone!
in Heber, Utah |
Dr. Gill is very knowledgable and explains the procedure you are having before and after the surgery. He is very kind, has a very silly, personable bedside manner. He genuinely cares and will do anything to assist you in your worries before and after your surgery. He is very neat and organized and well as his office and office staff. I would recommend Dr. Gill to anyone and feel confident that they would get the same treatment. Thank you Dr. Gill and staff for the wonderful experience.
in Orem UT |
Dr. Gill answered my questions, got me in quickly for surgery, reassured me, made me comfortable and made the whole process incredibly smooth.
in Provo, UT |
Dr. Gill is an amazing surgeon. He listens carefully to his patients, evaluates all avenues to find the very best procedures, and he is precise and thorough in his surgeries. His after-care is extremely admirable as he addresses each patient as if they are his only patient. He knows every detail of each case and seems to always be thinking of ways to make his patients more comfortable and on the mend in healthy, positive directions. He is very personable and approachable. He is my favorite!
in Orem, UT |
Dr. Gill made a very uncomfortable situation much easier to deal with. I recovered quickly from my surgery, and feel so much better than I did before. He's very personable, and I enjoyed his jokes. His scheduling staff and nurse were amazing. Everyone in the office was always willing to help, even if I called several times. They went above and beyond what I've ever experienced in any doctor's office or customer service environment.
in Lehi, ut |
My wife had an emergency C-section and my baby was born 5 weeks early. She was in the NICU for 3 weeks. (a $200,000 bill). A week after she was born I went in for appendicitis. After that I got my bill from Dr. Bill that was $800.00. I asked if I could make payments or if there was a time limit that I had to pay it all off. They told me 6 months. After 3 months and after paying $400.00, I got a bill from collections saying I owed $800.00.This place will not work with you. All they care for is $.
in Highland, UT |
I would highly recommend Dr. Gill to my families and friends. I received the best possible medical care. He clearly explained the procedure, answered all questions...even drawing me pictures so I could understand my condition. This was a condition I suffered with for a long time. I have had a very successful recovery and feel better than I have for years. I have confidence in Dr. Gill and gratitude beyond words... Thank you Dr. Gill !!! Sincerely, Peggy Fisher
in Springville, UT |
If I ever need surgery again, I will choose Dr. Gill. I was able to quickly schedule my gallbladder surgery. He is compassionate, professional, clearly explains the procedure, the risks, and what to expect in recovery. He provided written instructions pre and post surgery. There are variables with an individual's recovery, but my experience was very little pain (only took two Advil twice), no nausea, and quick recovery. I'm 13 days post surgery & I feel great! I highly recommend Brian Gill.
in Springville, UT |
Great surgeon. I am very happy that he was the one to operate on me. Very knowledgeable. Good bedside manner.
in Provo, UT |
I was referred to Dr. Gill by an Emergency Room physician. His diagnostic skill, surgical talent, and healing talent resulted in successful surgery. I went home with no pain in my recovery. The office staff assisted in coordinating my appointment and were courteous. I cannot express my level of gratitude for Dr. Gill's competency and skill. My most sincere thanks, Bradlee D. Black.
in Orem, UT |
Our family Doctor said that he would trust Dr. Gill with his life. That helped me understand that I was in good hands. He was very thorough and explained everything in a way that I could understand. His assistant, Hannah, was very supportive when I would call with questions and needing some reassurance the first couple of days after the surgery.
He was very professional, and he did a great job. But, he seemed like he was always in a rush, never really feeling like he was focusing on me and was there to answer all my questions. I had to bring up that I had questions. Maybe just put a bit more energy into what the patient wants.
in Santaquin, UT |
I felt an assurance that the outcome of my surgery would be success based on Dr. Gills experience.
in Springville, UT |
Dr. Gill was by far the kindest, most qualified surgeon to perform the surgery that I needed done. After the surgery, when my recovery went much slower than normal, he used great expertise in finding the solution for healing me. He had a marvelous bedside manner while still remaining completely professional. He explained everything to me in a way that I could understand what had taken place and what I needed to do in the future. I have been highly recommending him to all my acquaintances.
in Salem, Utah |
He was very personable and thorough He explained everything and told me what to expect. I feel very confident with him as my surgeon
Have you seen Dr. Brian Gill, MD?
Are you Dr. Gill?