Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Dr. Brian Foster, MD
My interest in medicine began at an early age when my dad, as a busy general surgeon, often took me to work with him while making his rounds on the weekend and on call overnight. I loved everything about the hospital: from the hustle and bustle of a level one trauma center, to how my dad put people at ease with his unparalleled bedside manner. Just as influential was what I saw outside of the hospital: appreciative patients thanking my dad for helping them through times when they were sick or injured and most vulnerable. Even as a child, I knew I wanted to make this same difference in peoples' lives. I focused my educational career around medicine and even spent time as a nursing assistant in the intensive care unit during college, where I gained valuable insight into the team effort required for patient care. After completing my medical degree I was exposed to many areas of orthopedic surgery during my residency. While treating an abundance of hand injuries in both the emergency and operating room I began to realize that though they are just a small part of the body, hands effect daily function in a significant way. Consequently, repair of hand injuries and deformities can dramatically improve a patient's life. My decision to pursue hand surgery as a career was further strengthened by a medical mission trip to Vietnam. We operated on children with a variety of hand problems, from syndactyly in Apert Syndrome to ulnar nerve deficiency resulting from trauma. By restoring form and function to these children's hands, we added a new dimension to their lives. My approach to patient care revolves around communication. As a hand and upper extremity surgeon, my job is to evaluate and treat disorders including, but not limited to, traumatic, degenerative, congenital, and rheumatologic problems. A vital part of my job however, is to educate patients and their families of their diagnosis, treatment options, and expected outcomes. To do this well, I must learn what makes a patient unique. I am looking forward to meeting you and helping guide you through the best course of management for your condition. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to further improve your experience at OrthoIllinois. My goal is to provide you the best medical care available.

324 Roxbury Rd

• HFN
  • The Alliance

Learn about Dr. Foster

Dr. Foster's Experience

Dr. Foster's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hand Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Nerve Injury

• Hand or Wrist Tendon Transfer
  • Tendon Repair
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Fusion

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University of Richmond
  • Brighman & Womens / Mass Genl Hosp
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Harvard Medical School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Foster has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Foster does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Foster and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Foster's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Foster to family and friends
Dr. Foster's Performance
in Lovespark, IL |
I am so happy with my care with Dr. Foster and his team. I really appreciate all they did for me.
in Belvidere, IL |
He was extremely professional and has a wonderful bedside manner. He was thorough in his explanation and instructions for after care. I highly recommend Dr. Foster.
in Belvidere, IL |
Wonderful doctor, I'm very happy with my care. Nothing but great things to say about Dr. Foster. He always has a smile on his face.
in Rockford, IL |
I have already recommended Dr. Foster to my family and friends. I am very satisfied with the care I have received from him.
in Davis, IL |
Highly recommend Dr. Foster and his staff. They always take their time in the room explaining things and always answer my questions, I never feel rushed. Valerie his PA does a great job at explaining everything.
in Rockford, IL |
He was excellent and treated me well, took me in to surgery right away. I am very pleased with all my follow up appointments. Also very pleased with Valerie his PA.
You guys are great!
in Rockford, IL |
The surgical skill of Dr. Foster and the care I received from the surgery all the way through to Re-hab and release to go back to work was nothing short of amazing. The use of my hand I owe to Dr. Foster I thought at the begining I would be severely limited in what I could do which was frightening considering I use my hand's to make a living. But now although I will have some minor limitation's I can perform my job almost as well as before the accident.
Very impressed and happy with my care with Dr. Foster. He has excellent bedside manner, he made me feel at ease and comfortable with my care.
Winnebago, IL |
Very happy with the care I received and would recommend Doctor Foster.
in Winnebago, IL |
I would recommend to family and friends if they had any hand or elbow problems. Very approachable. Really seemed to care for my well being. Addressed any of my problems I had. Staff was friendly also. Thank you so much.
Winnebago, IL |
He did a great job on both of my hands. Recovery time minimal.
Winnebago, IL |
I am very satisfied with the treatment and follow-up by Dr Foster and his staff. They took a lot of time to explain each step along the way and were always very friendly.
in Winnebago, IL |
Really great experience at my appointments. He is very informative and friendly.
in Winnebago, IL |
Very humble, friendly, and knowledgeable. Bedside manner is incredible and he made me feel at home.
in Machesney Park, IL |
Dr Foster and his team gave me back the use of my hand after a severe injury. The care and professionalism were exemplary. Do not hesitate to allow this superb physician to treat your injury or other problem. Thank you!!
in Machesney Park, IL |
Very good manner with patient. Helpful info provided.
Machesney Park, IL |
Dr. Foster was awesome! He respected the fact that I'm an athlete and worked with me to get me back training as quick as possible.
Rockford, IL |
I ruptured my distal bicep tendon and worked with Dr. Foster to repair. I had the best possible experience with initial diagnoses, surgery, and follow up. Dr. Foster is simply the best.
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Foster took spectacular care of me. He understood the importance of my job and had me scheduled for surgery within days which resulted in a quick return to work. His work was impeccable.
Rockford, IL |
Very professional and was extremely easy to deal with during the entire process. Would recommend to anyone!
in Rockford, IL |
Always very friendly and on top of things.
Great experience. Thank you again
Rockford, IL |
Dr Foster was very helpful with explaining the extent of my injury and what I need to do to care for it. I highly recommend seeing him.
Wonderful as usual!
Rockford, IL |
He is always very helpful very good
in Beloit, WI |
I recommend Dr. Foster Very Highly. His picture above tells his story. He always has a Smile and Greets You with "Its nice to meet you" or " Its so nice to see you again" or It's my pleasure. He is Very Genuine Doctor who always takes time to listen, to explain every thing, and to make suggestions about what to do to make things better for you and most importantly help with the pain your having. He has done surgery on my left thumb and my right thumb . I give him more than 5 stars. Thumbs Up !!
in Poplar Grove, IL |
I had a flexor tendon repair with Dr. Foster and he was absolutely amazing. He has incredible bedside manner and the surgery went great.
in Oregon, IL |
Office visits were thorough but not lengthy. Wait time was minimal prior to appointment. Dr Foster was incredibly knowledgeable!
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Foster is very caring and takes as much time as he needs to explain what is going on with the healing process. He has always taken the time to answer my questions and I never feel rushed despite him sticking to his appointment schedules. As a patient you are made to feel as if you are the only one! I would definitely recommend him!
in Beloit Wisconsin |
I really had a great experience will Dr. Foster. He's really made me feel comfortable my office visits and before and after surgery. He's got a great future ahead of him. I would recommend him to anyone who's looking for an orthopedic Dr. Thank you Dr. Foster
in Belvidere, IL |
Dr. Foster is WOW!!! He has a bedside manner second to none. He is very caring and he listens and explains. I never feel he is in a hurry. My surgery on my hand is only 2 1/2 months old but I am doing extremely well and that is due to the excellent job Dr. Foster did. The scar is nearly invisible. I have already recommended him to several and will continue to do so. He deserves more than 5 stars. Thank you Dr. Foster.
in Loves Park |
He did surgery on both of my wrists. He did an amazing job! I had a severe break, and since the surgery I feel like they are back to normal. I have full use back. I really didn't even think that was possible. He also was very caring and had an excellent bedside manner. I would highly recommend Dr foster!
Have you seen Dr. Brian Foster, MD?
Are you Dr. Foster?