Dr. Brian Foster, MD

Dr. Brian Foster, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery  ·
Dr. Brian Foster, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery specialist in Rockford, IL and has been practicing for 6 years. He graduated from Wayne State University in 2006 and specializes in orthopedic hand surgery, orthopedic surgery, and more.Read his story

324 Roxbury Rd

Rockford, IL 61107

• CorVel
  • ECOH
  • First Choice Health
  • HFN
  • The Alliance

Learn about Dr. Foster

See how frequently Dr. Foster performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hand Fracture
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
high
Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
high

Dr. Foster's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Foster's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Foster "My interest in medicine began at an early age when my dad, as a busy general surgeon, often took me to work with him while making his rounds on the weekend and on call overnight. I loved everything about the hospital: from the hustle and bustle of a level one trauma center, to how my dad put people at ease with his unparalleled bedside manner. Just as influential was what I saw outside of the hospital: appreciative patients thanking my dad for helping them through times when they were sick or injured and most vulnerable. Even as a child, I knew I wanted to make this same difference in peoples' lives. I focused my educational career around medicine and even spent time as a nursing assistant in the intensive care unit during college, where I gained valuable insight into the team effort required for patient care. After completing my medical degree I was exposed to many areas of orthopedic surgery during my residency. While treating an abundance of hand injuries in both the emergency and operating room I began to realize that though they are just a small part of the body, hands effect daily function in a significant way. Consequently, repair of hand injuries and deformities can dramatically improve a patient's life. My decision to pursue hand surgery as a career was further strengthened by a medical mission trip to Vietnam. We operated on children with a variety of hand problems, from syndactyly in Apert Syndrome to ulnar nerve deficiency resulting from trauma. By restoring form and function to these children's hands, we added a new dimension to their lives. My approach to patient care revolves around communication. As a hand and upper extremity surgeon, my job is to evaluate and treat disorders including, but not limited to, traumatic, degenerative, congenital, and rheumatologic problems. A vital part of my job however, is to educate patients and their families of their diagnosis, treatment options, and expected outcomes. To do this well, I must learn what makes a patient unique. I am looking forward to meeting you and helping guide you through the best course of management for your condition. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to further improve your experience at OrthoIllinois. My goal is to provide you the best medical care available."

This content was provided by Dr. Foster "My approach to patient care revolves around communication. As a hand and upper extremity surgeon, my job is to evaluate and treat disorders including, but not limited to, traumatic, degenerative, congenital, and rheumatologic problems. A vital part of my job however, is to educate patients and their families of their diagnosis, treatment options, and expected outcomes. To do this well, I must learn what makes a patient unique."

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Nerve Injury

• Hand or Wrist Tendon Transfer
  • Tendon Repair
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Fusion

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of Richmond
  • Brighman & Womens / Mass Genl Hosp
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Harvard Medical School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Foster has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Foster does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Foster and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Foster's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Foster to family and friends

Dr. Foster's Performance

dr. Foster is one of the best things that ever happened to me! Expert, knowledgeable, brilliant in his field...with compassion and understanding for physical problems AS WELL as the emotional well-being for his patients. His entire staff...from everyone at the clinic to everyone in the surgery...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Friendly and knowledgable. Pays extra attention to issues and was very helpful with my questions.
Wonderful Dr.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
He was very easy to understand and a likable guy.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Foster is an incredible physician. From my first visit thru my surgery to my final post-op appointment, he was pleasant, professional, skilled and someone I would highly recommend. He improved my quality of life with the hand surgery he performed. I am forever grateful for Dr. Foster and his...more
Are you Dr. Foster?