Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Brian Forsythe, MD
Dr. Brian Forsythe, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Westchester, IL. He is 41 years old and has been practicing for 15 years. Dr. Forsythe is affiliated with Rush Oak Park Hospital, Rush University Medical Center and Elmhurst Memorial Hospital.

Prairie Medical Center of Westchester

• HealthLink
  • HealthPartners
  • HealthSmart

Learn about Dr. Forsythe

Probably the majority of injuries don't require surgeries. So it's important for patients to recognize and understand that they're seeing us because they need a surgical perspective. Much of what we do is non-operative management, which is why it's so important to listen to patients because if we just made decisions based on MRI findings or X-rays, at times, you might be doing something unnecessarily. Immediately following surgery, patients will have some symptoms of pain, and that's normal. But nowadays with minimally invasive techniques, this is much less of a consideration. And the fact that patients are going home the same day and that they're comfortable in their own homes and that we're readily available and accessible, I think alleviates a lot of their stress and concern and anxiety. Getting patients back to work, back to sports and activities that they love doing is the most gratifying aspect of what we do. So it's something we cherish, and it's really a privilege to have that opportunity.

Dr. Forsythe's Experience

Dr. Forsythe's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2002
  • Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program
  • University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Forsythe has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Forsythe does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Forsythe and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

View Video

Dr. Forsythe's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Forsythe to family and friends
Dr. Forsythe's Performance
in La Grange, IL |
Dr. Forsythe spent the time to lay out the options for correcting my knee injury and answered my questions clearly. He allowed me to decide which approach to take. Once decided, the entire procedure was handled courteously and professionally. I was back to normal activity in the time he stated at my first visit. Go see him, you will be glad you did.
Dr. Forsythe is an excellent surgeon and I would recommend him to my family and friends. He is compassionate and focused on the best solution for your injury. He takes time to listen and explain your options and thoroughly explains how the procedure went afterwards. I had rotator cuff surgery and within one year I now have full motion. He's awesome and has a great PA staff! His office is schedule is very but well worth the wait.
in Pleasant Prairie, WI |
I was very pleased with Doc Forsythe. Referred to him by a professional colleague, Doc reattached my right bicep and put my rotator cuff back together. I experienced no complications and minimal pain. One year later, I am 100% functional and filled with joy, appreciation and gratitude for his excellent work.
in Oak Lawn, IL |
Dr Brian Forsythe was a wonderful choice for me, he had great patience, a good bedside manner, and also explained the procedure in a way that i was confident enough to have the surgery. Right now after 6 weeks therapy, i'm even more happy I decided on Dr. Brian Forsyhte to do my surgery. i've already told many family members and friends what a great Dr. and excellent job he did for me, and i'm going to continue to do so. Thanks much Lyzerax Hill
in Elmhurst, IL |
Resolved arthritic knee pain without meds.
in Naperville, illinois |
I suffered a "massive rotator cuff tear" at age 68 from a bicycle crash. Many though my tear could not be successfully repaired due to the extent of the year and my age. The longtime head trainer of the Chicago White Sox recommended Brian Forsythe as the best and as their go to shoulder repair specialist. Five months later my shoulder is 100% and Doc Forsythe had to work hard to repair the shoulder and a bicep that I had earlier torn. I really like him as a person and as a Doctor.
Hickory Hills, IL |
Great surgeon and very informative
in Oak Park, IL |
Dr. Forsythe realized that my goal was to able to dance at my son's mid-May wedding without pain. He scheduled the surgery, therapy, and follw-up visits to make sure that my goal was achieved. As of this writing, May 2, 2017, I am functioning without pain, improved range of motion, and ready to get down.....as much as a 64 yearold white guy can get down.
in Glen Ellyn, IL |
Dr. Brian Forsythe, is the best! I had shoulder surgery, I'm doing great full recovery. I thank him a million times. I was in so much pain, now I feel great. No more pain thanks to Dr. Brian Forsythe. I give him 5 stars…PLUS
Great doctor, highly recommended. He is very professional, understanding and knowledgeable. I was uncertain whether I should have had the surgery or not. After consulting him and having the options presented to me; it helped me to choose to have the surgery and I haven't regretted the decision since. Now I am back to doing the things that I enjoy!
in Chicago, IL |
I've had a wonderful experience with Dr. Forsythe he is very professional, courteous and understanding. Both my knee surgery and my shoulder surgery were very successful with no complications what so ever. I would certainly recommend Dr. Forsythe to anyone. RR
in River Forest, IL |
he was great!
in Orland Park, IL |
Dr. Forsythe and his team are the best
in Arlington Heights, IL |
Dr. Forsythe took on a very tough case when he agreed to repair my rotator cuff. I suffered a traumatic fall at work that resulted in a massive tear. Since my surgery, I have been working with a physical therapist who is amazed at my progress and says it's because Dr. Forsythe did an excellent job. I agree! The scope sites healed nicely and are hardly visible. I am very pleased with the return of my dominant arm. I'm back! thanks to Dr. Forsythe!
in Tinley Park, IL |
My experience with Dr. Forsythe was fantastic from start to finish. I would highly recommend him to any one in need of a skilled, caring and professional orthopedic surgeon. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Forsythe!
in Munster, IN |
I had surgery April 1st for a very complicated old injury, and Dr. Forsythe did a wonderful job. I highly recommend him!!!!!!!!
in Chicago, IL |
Excellent Doctor.Very professional.Best service in health care.
in Dyer, IN |
Saw Dr. Forsythe in the new Munster, Indiana location, Staff and Dr. are exeptional. Would and have recommended Dr. Forsythe to others. Dr. Forsythe listened to my concerns, helped me deal with the surgery and physical therapy. Dr. Forsythe should lead the class on How to be a great doctor. Highly Recommended!! *****
Chicago, IL |
Spent over two hours waiting to see the doctor. Met with an assistant first. She did an exam and told me the doctor would be in shortly. When I finally got to see the doctor, I don't think he spent five minutes with me, and he did not even look at my shoulder, just told me I would need surgery. He really seemed as though he did not want to bother with me.
in Valparaiso, IN |
After 3 years of managing shoulder pain with my sports medicine Dr, Dr Sarah Bancroft, with pills, shots and physical therapy it got bad enough to seek a surgical opinion. She recommended Dr. Forsythe and I will be forever grateful. My post operative status and physical therapy was monitored very closely for 20 weeks. If I had needed more time they would've surely given it to me. Everything the Dr. and his PA's said about what would happen in post-op PT DID happen right on schedule. AMAZING
in Chicago, IL |
Excellent staff! Dr. Forsythe is extremely professional. Addressed all my concerns. My surgery went well and he insured I followed up with occupational rehab. Highly recommend!!!
Batavia, IL |
I have been extremely pleased with all aspects of the care provided by Dr. Forsythe. After surgery for distal bicep tendon rupture, I had full ROM as soon as I was allowed to extend my arm, significantly shortening the time needed in physical therapy. I was told by my physical therapist that such immediate ROM was highly unusual, and a strong testament to my surgeon.
in Porter,Indiana |
Dr. Forsythe and his entire team are awesome! If I could I'd give them 10 stars! Don't look anywhere else. They are the best of the best!!
in Chicago, Illinois |
Dr. Forsythe helped me regain normal functional use in my arm. I had a severe humerus tear in three places and a rotator cuff tear. Dr. Forsythe is the best!!!!! Thank you for helping me heal.
in Highland,In |
I had a quadriceps tendon rupture and he and his team repaired it last August 2015.
in Chicago, IL |
He is an excellent surgeon and spends time answering your questions.
in Chicago, IL |
The man does not listen and does not do a complete thorough exam. If you have your own oppinion, he takes offense. I have worked with several orthos. & he is the worst.
Very helpful and supportive in the recovery process. I'm very thankful for being under the care of Dr. Forsythe and I am extremely satisfied with my experience.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Forsythe and his PA Sincer Jacob were fantastic. His PA spent a great deal of time talking with me about my shoulder and the recovery, and he was dedicated to my overall satisfaction. My interaction with him was amazing! Dr. Forsythe went through the surgery in great detail and really helped me to understand each and every step of what he would do during the procedure. He has great bedside manner, and after my appointment there was no question or doubt that I had chosen the right place!
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Forsythe was professional and really knew what he was doing. Also appreciated his assistant Lee DeDore who was also very helpful. Works on athletes from Chicago sports teams, so felt comfortable letting him work on my knee. He repaired my torn meniscus in right knee. Not much pain and I was back to activities within a month.
in Chicago, IL |
Seemed very knowledgeable about his profession. Very thorough explaining your condition and his procedures to get you back in excellent health.
in Elburn, IL |
Dr. Forsythe and his team were awesome. He performed surgery for a torn ACL and all went very well. My son tore his ACL in June and is now ready to play spring sports and college football. A big THANK YOU to the Forsythe team. Definitely would highly recommend to future patients
He took care of me as if I was his own kid, has an awesome bedside manner that made me feel very safe with what he had to say!
Dr. Forsythe is fantastic. He is personable, knowledgeable and I would highly recommend him. Both he and his staff were very accessible and went above and beyond after surgery to make sure my recovery was on track.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Forsythe and his staff has been awesome. My knee is as good as new. I would highly recommend him for his expertise and great service.
Have you seen Dr. Brian Forsythe, MD?
Are you Dr. Forsythe?

HealthLink PPO
  • HealthPartners
  • HealthSmart
    Preferred PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medica