Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Brian Fong, MD
I was born in Shreveport, Louisiana but raised in Hawaii. My practice is built on the foundation of ohana and southern hospitality. I received my medical degree from University of Hawaii John A. Burns School of Medicine. I have traveled the country through my surgical internship at The University Of Hawaii Integrated Surgical Residency Program and orthopedic residency at University Of Hawaii Integrated Orthopedic Residency Program doing rotations at Shriner's Hospital in Missouri, Henry Ford Hospital in Michigan, and Ranchos Los Amigos in California, working with only the best and brightest residents. During my Sports Medicine fellowship at Tulane I found my true home, Louisiana. This is where my wife and I have raised our 3 children. I have served the Slidell community as a board certified orthopedic surgeon since 1996. In that time, I helped found Southern Surgical Hospital, where I remain an active partner, and run a weekend clinic for injured youth athletes.

2965 Gause Blvd E # A

Slidell, LA 70461

Dr. Brian Fong, MD

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Benefit Management
  • Medicare
  • PPO Plus
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Fong

Patients come first.

Dr. Fong's Experience

Dr. Fong's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Elbow Sprain
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Surgery
  • Total Knee Replacement
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• University Of Hawaii At Manoa
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1986
  • University Of Hawaii John a Burns School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • Surgical Intership At The University Of Hawaii Integrated Surgical Residency Program
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1990
  • University Of Hawaii Integrated Orthopedic Residency Program
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994
  • Sports Medicine Fellowship At Tulane University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Fong has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Fong does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fong and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Fong's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fong to family and friends
Dr. Fong's Performance
in Carriere, MS |
Dr Fong and his staff are very professional and customer friendly. He takes time to find out what is wrong and how to best fix it
Fairhope, AL |
Great doctor and surgeon.
Harwood, TX |
Friendly Staff Excellent Care Dr Fong is a exceptional skilled Dr
in Slidell, LA |
He did an amazing job on my mothers surgery!
in Waveland,MS |
Great service and very knowledgeable. Never feel like I'm being rushed out of the office. Excellent doctor would highly recommend Dr Fong and Scott.
Theodore, AL |
I called for an appointment and was able to get a same day appointment, then was scheduled for an MRI same day. Once I was finished with the MRI they called me back with a follow up all in the same day. Great service.
in San Antoslinio, TX |
He saved my thumb after i cut the tendons in it.
Soso, MS |
He is very attentive.
in Picayune, Ms |
Dr Fong is very knowledgeable and explained everything to me. It's nice to see a Dr. that really cared about his patients.
in slidell |
I had a great visit with Dr. Fong today. I love his early morning appointments so I don't have to miss work! Took care of my problem thumb (arthritis + overuse) with a cortisone shot after some xrays.
in LA |
Dr. Fong listens to everything you say, and does his best to get you back to normal.
in Slidell, LA |
Always seems to be available to see patients at the last minute. During the few times that I've been here, both Dr. Fong & his assistant, Scott, take their time to listen, review & make a treatment plan for me. I appreciate not being rushed.
in Picayune, MS |
I am very please with Dr Fong. He did surgery on my broken arm. He explains everything and take time with his patients. The staff is also great, very friendly, great personally. I would highly recommend Dr Fong and his staff.
in Slidell, LA |
From the initial phone call to the receptionists, to the treatment by all of the staff, they have be absolutely exceptional and I am so happy that I have chosen to start my treatment with them.
in Slidell,La |
Dr. Fong and his staff are amazing. Extremely friendly make you feel welcome when you come in. Extremely informative, let you exactly what they are doing, explain process to you, and great bedside manners. Was nervous about the surgery on my foot. He explain what he was doing to do and how to properly care for it after. Recommend this office to everyone.
Dallas, TX |
Always able to get appointement don't have to drive elsewhere for X-rays. Great Service
in Slidell, La |
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Fong and his staff. He has done multiple surgeries on me and each one has been extremely successful. He always gets me in when I need to see him. When I had my surgeries he was always attentive and explained everything very well. He always has a smile and great bedside manner. Bedside manner is very important to me, and Dr Fong makes me feel like I am his only patient and listens. Besides being a wonderful surgeon, he is a wonderful doctor!
in New Orleans, LA |
Dr. Fong had me in, and out, and pain free without the use of meds. He will always be my first call!
in Slidell, LA |
The VERY BEST Orthopedic around!! He's the ONLY 1 I will ever go 2 with Orthopedic needs!!
in Slidell La |
I have been to Dr.Fong on several occasions and he has always been fast friendly and very knowledgeable. Very please. He always been very effective
in Angie La. |
Best decision to use Dr. FONG for my surgery I feel great.
Dr Fong is the best in my opinion, he took care of my knee when I had a very bad TPF & then also did my total knee replacement. He is very caring and kind, he's the only orthopedic I'll ever use!
in Slidell, LA |
Dr. Fong and his team are very helpful and knowledgeable.
in Magee ms |
He did a total knee replacement and I am 100% satisfied. I am walking better and in less pain than before. I recommend him to everyone!
in picayune, MS |
Dr Gong always takes his time and explains all procedures exactly as they are done. I would recommend him highly. He answers all questions asked.
Russellville, AR |
I have been coming to Dr fong for many years,,he is the best,and takes time to listen and answer questions you may have,,number one office personnel
in Slidell, LA |
Dr. Fong performed total knee replacement for me and did a great job.
in Slidell, La. |
I have been to Dr Fong on 2 different visits and I must say that the level of care is 2nd to none. The wait time is minimal and the office staff is outstanding!!!
Awesome!!
in picayune, ms |
I get excellent care from Dr. Fong and his P.A., Scott Grow. Both show genuine interest in my problem(s) and explain my options well.
in Picayune, MS |
I have been very, very pleased with Dr. Fong and his PA, Scott Grow. They have been kind, informative, efficient, and helpful. Before I became a patient, I was impressed with Dr. Fong several years ago when he treated my elderly mother. She broke her shoulder and instead of rushing to surgery, as many doctors would, he explained the pros and cons of doing surgery, and gave us the impression that she would do fine without the surgery. She did not have the operation, and recovered well.
in Pearl River La |
Outstanding doctor patient relationship outstanding surgery on left shoulder have recommended to fellow employees and other friends and family
in Slidell |
Dr.Gong is kind. And understanding and genuinely is interested in his patients . You tell him what's wrong and will see to it that you reach a full speedy recovery. I love him and his office staff. Thank you Dr. Gong for being here when I need you. Cindy
in New Orleans, LA |
Easy to get in, a bit of a wait but great doctor
Slidell, LA |
Amazing orthopedic doctor thay has treated numerous family members.
in Pearlington, MS |
Dr. Fong is an excellent doctor.
in Slidell |
Dr. Brian Fong is one of the best Orthopedic Specialist I have been to. He works with me, is patient, and personable. All of his staff are warm and welcoming!
in Slidell,la |
They are amazing and when my husband almost lost his thumb. They did surgery and saved it. My daughter had knee surgery and it was an amazing job. Great doctors and staff.
in Slidell, LA |
Doctor Fong was very nice and helpful. We got an appointment asap when needed. The staff was all great and friendly. I would definitely recommend him to family and friends.
in Slidell, LA 70461 |
Dr. Fong and his PA Scott Grow are wonderful. We went to several orthopedic doctors and no one took the time to listen to my daughter until we found Scott Grow. Dr Fong did knee surgery on her 11/18 and we've had nothing but excellent care and results.
in Slidell, LA |
Couldn't believe how quickly they gave me an appt! Office staff was wonderful - all smiles and caring! PA Scott Grow put me at ease listening and answering all my questions! Wish all Dr visits were like this!!
in New Orleans, LA |
Dr.Fong and Scott Grow are both Awesome! The office get you right in for an appointment! The staff is always so nice !!!
in Slidell, La |
Short wait time. Thorough examination. Excellent explanation of problem and solutions. Opened to input from patient while discussing treatment options.
in Slidell la |
Excellent staff! Today I was a first time patient and saw PA Scott Grow... I was very impressed and pleased with the care I received! Highly recommend this group!
in Poplarville, Mississippi |
I could'nt be happier with the care I have received at their office. I just recently had knee surgery with Dr Fong and have never experienced such great care before and after surgery. Thanks to the staff and doctors at the Fong Institute.
Houston, TX |
We have used his services for years. Wouldn't use anyone else.
in Carriere Ms |
My daughter had a great experience with Dr. Fong and his staff .
in Slidell, la |
Great staff and awesome doctor. Have had several injuries addressed here and half had nothing but positive things to say about them.
in slidell la |
Great doctor. Have been seeing him for about 20YRS. Not complaints at all. He has done multiple surgeries on me including knee replacement. Outstanding work!
in Kiln, MS |
Excellent care from nursing staff and doctors! PA Scott is all aces!!
Have you seen Dr. Brian Fong, MD?
Are you Dr. Fong?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialist at Ochsner Medical Center - North Shore

Visit Dr. Fong

Dr. Fong accepts 12 insurance carriers
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Benefit Management