Dr. Brian Dierckman, MD

Dr. Brian Dierckman, MD

Sports Medicine  |

Dr. Brian Dierckman, MD is a sports medicine doctor who practices in Van Nuys, CA. He is 38 years old and has been practicing for 11 years. Dr. Dierckman is affiliated with St. Vincent Carmel Hospital, Indiana University Health North Hospital and Northridge Hospital Medical Center.

Southern California Orthopedic Institute

• Managed Care (Non-HMO)
  • Sagamore Health Network
  • TriWest Champus

Learn about Dr. Dierckman

As a former Division I athlete, I fully understand the unique demands athletes place on their bodies, and how devastating injuries can be. I treat each and every athlete differently, as no single treatment is "perfect" for all patients. I am a very conservative doctor, and always consider conservative measures first. My ultimate goal is to get you back to the sport you enjoy as quickly and safely as possible using the most current and cutting edge techniques available.

Dr. Dierckman's Experience

Dr. Dierckman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Sports Medicine

• Knee Arthroscopy
  • Knee Surgery
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Surgery

No malpractice history found for California.

• University Of Notre Dame
  • Emory University Affil Hosps-Emory University Sch Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2011
  • Southern California Orthopaedic Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Dierckman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Dierckman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dierckman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Northridge Hospital Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
America's 100 Best Hospitals Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Dierckman is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Dierckman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dierckman to family and friends
Dr. Dierckman's Performance
in Woodland Hills, CA 91364 |
Dr. Dierckman is a competent surgeon who has done my left hip replacement and a recent procedure on a torn meniscus in my left knee. On both procedures I have found Dr. Dierckman to be both knowledgeable and completely capable. He is direct and to the point in answering any of my queries and exhibits a care and concern for any questions or problems I bring up. He, apparently, paid attention during his bedside manner classes...almost as important as learning the proper surgical procedures.
Canoga Park, CA |
doctor dierckman has been patient in explaining my situation thoroughly as I needed to be told multiple times. I appreciate it immensely. he and his staff are sympathetic and provide the assurance I need. thank you
California City, CA |
Dr. Dierckman is an excellent doctor. My hip replacement went very well. I was walked during my first therapy session. He answered all of my questions and then some. It was an wonderful experience considering it was surgery!
Canyon Country, CA |
Dr. Dierckman is very straight forward and explains the process completely. I was so happy with his work that I requested him again when I needed additional surgery. I am happy with his work, he did an excellent job.
in Mammoth Lakes, CA |
Efficient and listens. Takes the extra minute if you need it. Very confident.
Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Dierckman is awesome. He fixed me when I was broken and found things that others had overlooked. The staff at SCOI are top notch and make the whole process of healing much easier to keep organized.
in Valencia, CA |
From my first visit, Dr. Dierckman and his staff have been extraordinary. He thoroughly answered all my questions and concerns about my surgery. Every day there is an email from his office with a set of questions to answer to see how I am progressing. Now that I am in therapy, the SCOI therapy staff has called to check up on me. For my age and activity level, I believe I am progressing rapidly. Thank you for every thing.
in Chatsworth, CA |
I found Dr. Brian Dierckman to be an excellent surgeon. He really knows what he's doing and took the time to explain everything to me. He performed Arthroscopic knee surgery on me at Northridge Hospital Medial Center. The facility was very nice and clean, and the nurses were all very nice and professional. Dr. Dierckman followed-up with me everyday for 2-weeks, and a follow-up visit. The after-care was excellent. My entire experience was pleasant and I highly recommend Dr. Dierckman.
in Camarillo, CA |
Dr. D is AMAZING! I am so glad I finally got a hip replacement. I will recommend Dr. D to all my family and friends! If you are looking for the best doctor to help you, look no further because you've found him!
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Dierckman, after a long time of different Dr's found what was wrong and I'm feeling better. Definitely a great Dr.
in Valencia, CA |
Dr Dierckman was great to work with. He was attentive to my injury and treatment and helped me understand the process to recovery.
in North Hollywood, CA |
Dr. Dierckman is a top notch doctor. After being missed niagnost by another doctor, I came to Dr.Dierckman. After just an x-ray and going over pervious MRI, it was pretty clear I had a bad issue with my hip. I'm now 2weeks post surgery and feeling pretty good. Ready to start some PT!
Reseda, CA |
Excellent Doctor and surgeon. Knows what he is doing.
Palmdale, CA |
I was experiencing pain in my leg for years and other doctors did MRI's of my leg and found nothing wrong with them. Finally Dr. Dierkman realized that the pain originated in my hip. He began conservatively with Physical Therapy and when that didn't fix the problem, MRI and ultimately arthroscopic surgery. He was so informative as to what to expect and the recovery time. Recommended an excellent PT and I am on the way to full recovery.
in Newhall, CA |
I am under Dr. Dierckman' care and he is a very gentle person, caring, patient and explains the procedures in a way that I can understand and replies to any question. I am blessed to have him with my care.
in Los Angeles, CA |
It is so comforting to have a true sports medicine doctor who was also a high level athlete himself. A big guy who knows how to put other big guys back together.
in Simi Valley, CA |
I would highly recommend Dr Dierckman for hip replacement surgery. He is well versed, and extremely up front. He handles criticism well and listens to his patients.
in Thousand Oaks, CA |
On December 15, 2016, I underwent left labrum tear (hip tear) surgery at Southern California Orthopedic Institute (SCOI). Dr. Brian Dierckman was my surgeon and he took the time to thoroughly explain the surgery to me prior to my operation. Dr. Dierckman's surgical techniques are minimally invasive and he uses the most current technology. I would highly recommend Dr. Dierckman to anyone.
in Camarillo, CA |
I had a labral tear in my right hip repaired by Dr. Dierckman in Jan 2017. I had the same procedure done in June 2014 on my left hip, so I had an idea what to expect. I discovered that the pain level following the procedure done by Dr. Dierckman was quite a bit less. I was only on prescrip pain meds for 3 days following the procedure. Additionally, my recovery is progressing at an amazing level, I have to force myself to use the crutches because I am not feel any pain as I walk 6 days post op
in Kokomo, IN |
Awesome Doctor!
Santa Barbara, CA |
I saw Dr. Dierckman after years of pain and multiple doctors telling me there was nothing wrong with my hip. He instantly diagnosed the problem and we scheduled the surgery. He went above and beyond expectation to make sure I was doing okay after surgery. I've seen a lot of doctors and I can't say I trusted any of them as much as I trust Dr. Dierckman. I'm so grateful to have him as my doctor.
in Palmdale, CA |
Dr. D has been the first doctor that I not only trust but I believe when he tells me that he's going to help me. He treats me like a person rather than just a number he is incredibly friendly and professional and I cannot tell you how lucky I am that I found such a good doctor. For the past 15 years of my life and five surgeries later I've dealt with a lot of crap from doctors and various other things relating to my injury but Dr. D is the best thing that could've ever happened to me. Thank you
in Valencia, CA |
DR dierckman is a very kind and compationate Do
Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Dierckman answered all my questions before I had surgery. Immediately after surgery, he spoke to my family waiting in the lobby, provided photos of before & after my shoulder, explained and answered all their questions. My surgery went well. No infection, no drainage. Both facilities were clean & nice. Angie Martinez was also very helpful with scheduling my surgery around my work schedule. Would highly recommend Dr. Dierckman & his team!
in Glendale, CA |
I underwent biceps tendon repair by this amazing orthopedic physician, Dr. Dierckman. He takes time to explain the procedure and was very reassuring that recovery is on the way. The daily online follow-up is superb. Even though it is digital, it was personal and I was able to ask questions and get answers immediately. i highly recommend Dr. Dierckman for his knowledge, professionalism, and caring attitude.
in Santa Clarita, CA |
Dr. Dierckman has a great bed side manner and awesome knowledge as he understands hip injuries personally. I'm 2 weeks post-op from his hip replacement and couldn't be happier! I was concerned about his "youth", as I've never had a younger dr., but am SOOOO happy with his knowledge and expertise!!! He does have a new way of doing things, but it WORKS!!! Looking forward to having my other hip done soon by him and then back to my active lifestyle!!
in Thousand Oaks Ca |
Dr Dierckman is amazing . He communicates well and answered all my questions .Excellent bedside manor , provided me with options He was very calming and reassuring that he could help me . The surgery process went smoothly and effortlessly and felt like I was in the BEST care . I didn't have any brusing and the smallest incisions . He knows his stuff and would highly recommend him . His staff Angie and Marc were amazing as well .
in Castaic |
Knowledgeable! I was blessed to have had Dr. Dierckman treat me. Dr. Dierckman is not only anazing as a physician, but he also has a compassionate side that many doctors lack.
in West Hills, CA |
My left hip replacement surgery was successful with only oozing from the incision site. My pain is almost all gone. Now, 2 weeks after surgery, I will see him again to discuss the plan for the seroma (wound draining) so I can resume a normal life.
in santa clarita ca |
Not only is this Dr. HOT,,, lol but he is bright, and on the nose. I vote for him over Karzel anytime. Karzel screwed up my knee and Dierckman fixed me . He is great His staff is great, but I hate talking on Healthloop I like person to person communication
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Dierckman, took the time to explain what needed to be done and gave me options to consider what was best for my situation. He answered all my questions and listened to my concerns about having surgery. I knew what to expect going into surgery and was confident he would do all he could to fix my hip. My recovery has been fairly easy, better than expected.
in Northridge, CA |
Clearly explained my injury as well as what his recommendation was for repairing it. Friendly, easy to talk to.
Dr Dierckman did an outstanding job performing ortohscopic surgery on my left hip, I was up and walking around in four days with very little surgery pain. He diagnosed a issue that many other doctors have over looked for many years. He takes the time to go over in detail your condition and the best course of action. If you have any hip issues I highly recommend you see Brian before you have anyone else work on you. He is on Christmas list Ken
in Riverside, CA |
Compassionate and very personable. Explains your situation in detail.
in Simi Valley, CA |
Personable and easy to talk to. Explains everything. He's also an excellent surgeon.
Have you seen Dr. Brian Dierckman, MD?
Are you Dr. Dierckman?

Carmel, IN 46032
St. Vincent Carmel Hospital
13500 N Meridian St
Carmel, IN 46032

More Sports Medicine Specialists like Dr. Dierckman at Southern California Orthopedic Institute

Sports Medicine Specialist