Dr. Brian M. Derby, MD

Dr. Brian M. Derby, MD

Plastic Surgery | Male | 35 years old

Safety, professionalism, thoughtful decision making, precision, and first-class care are terms that outline my practice. The concept of treating patients as I would wish my family to be treated guides every recommendation, decision, and operative move I make for those for whom I have the opportunity to provide care.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Derby's Experience

See how Dr. Derby's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Derby

Dr. Derby accepts 1 insurance carrier

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Derby has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Derby's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Derby to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Derby
Dr. Derby's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (13)
in Sarasota, FL |
I met Dr. Derby as a patient of the trauma team at SMH . His professionalism, knowledge and skills are superior . His bedside manner is wonderful. I did't think they made doctors like him anymore.
in Sarasota, FL |
I was treated by Dr. Derby for an invasive skin cancer. Thanks to his surgical skill and treatment plan, the healing process was brought to a successful conclusion. From the very start, Dr. Derby made me feel very comfortable and never failed to respond to any concerns or questions that I had. A big positive for me was his engaging, affable personality. I would also like to commend Dr. Derby's staff for their efficient and caring attention. Highly recommend.
in Sarasota, FL |
This is my second procedure with Dr. Derby! Dr. Derby did a tummy tuck for me in January. I was so pleased with the results and with Dr. Derby I had a second procedure done. Dr. Derby did a breast reduction for me 4 weeks ago. I could not be happier! My neck and back pain subsided and my clothes fit so much better. Dr. Derby made my breasts not too big, not too small, but just right. I now have Goldilock breasts! Dr. Derby is a wonderful young surgeon. I am so glad we have him in Sarasota!
in Nokomis, FL |
Words can not express my gratitude for Dr Derby and his staff. My 19 year old son was in a serious motorcycle accident and Dr Derby was unclear if he was going to be able to save his foot. After several small surgeries of cleaning out the wound and repairing bones, Dr Derby performed a 12 hour surgery, removing muscle from the thigh and a skin graft and transplanting to his foot. The surgery was a huge success and my son has his foot! Dr Derby kept my son and I calm through a very difficult time
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Derby's first priority was making me feel at ease. He listened to me, checked the wound that I needed fixed because it would not close and explained step by step his procedure. During surgery under local anesthetic he constantly told me what was going on, check to make sure there was no pain and even called me that evening and the next day to check on me. I've had two follow up visits and I'm extremely pleased. I look forward to seeing him in about a year for another procedure.
in Sarasota, FL |
I am pleased with the results of the wound repair performed by Dr. Derby. The wound resulted from MOHS surgery to remove a skin cancer located on my cheek just under my eye; for a woman, a strategic location. Dr. Derby’s demeanor inspired trust and confidence in his professional ability, yet he was warm and kind. He truly abides by his stated care philosophy: “treating patients as ‘he’ would wish ‘his’ family to be treated.” I would definitely recommend Dr. Brian Derby to family and friends.
in Sarasota, FL |
I recently had a wonderful experience with Dr. Derby and his staff. My dermatologist had discovered a melanoma on my upper arm and it needed to be removed. Dr. Derby was able to accommodate me in his schedule. His manner is very professional, yet warm and friendly. He put me at ease and gave me great confidence. The procedure was painless and very thorough, with excellent results. Dr. Derby and his staff exceeded my expectations, and I have already recommended him to friends and family.
in Sarasota, FL |
I am delighted with my results from a revision Facelift with Dr. Derby. He made me look so much better and I am thrilled. I would be happy to tell anyone about my experience. I am very grateful. He was very caring of me through this whole process and respected the fact that I was older and encouraged me in ways that were helpful. Dr. Derby has a really gentle, caring, not pushy, thoughtful way of relating to someone my age. This is important to me. He looks at you and really listens to you.
in Bradenton, FL |
I had a squamous cell skin cancer on my cheek which was removed by a Sarasota dermatologist & Moh's specialist. The next day I chose to have Dr Derby close the wound as he specializes in these procedures as a plastic surgeon. I was thrilled at the expert care and results that Dr Derby performed, it's only been 5wks and there's hardly a mark on my cheek!! I am so glad that I found him and the fact that he does this type of surgery for people who have skin cancer. Thank you Dr Derby !!!
in Sarasota, Florida |
Dr.Derby exhibits the care and interest of a truly professional Doctor. He has a wonderful bedside manner which automatically put the patient at ease knowing that his care will be exceptional. He takes the time and caring to follow up closely with his patients post operatively to ensure the highest quality of care. I would definitely recommend Dr. Brian Derby.
Have you seen Dr. Brian M. Derby, MD?
Are you Dr. Derby?

Compare Dr. Derby

Dr. Derby says...

Dr. Derby is a Florida native who left the state after obtaining his MD at the University of South Florida College of Medicine in Tampa. He then completed six years of comprehensive Plastic Surgery residency training at Southern Illinois University Institute for Plastic Surgery in Springfield, IL. After residency, he spent two years of elective aesthetic surgery fellowship study under the supervision of Dr. Mark Codner in Atlanta, GA, and Dr. Jim Grotting in Birmingham, AL.

The two additional fellowship years allowed Dr. Derby's patients to be placed in the hands of a very extensively and uniquely trained aesthetic and reconstructive surgeon. Dr. Derby has a special interest in eyelid, facial, breast and body contouring surgery.

Dr. Derby's Care Philosophy

Safety, professionalism, thoughtful decision making, precision, and first-class care are terms that outline my practice. The concept of treating patients as I would wish my family to be treated guides every recommendation, decision, and operative move I make for those for whom I have the opportunity to provide care.

Dr. Derby's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Plastic Surgery

• Breast Ptosis
  • Burn Injuries
  • Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant
  • Congenital Anomalies of Breast
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Ectropion of Eyelid
  • Large Breasts
  • Lipomas
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer

Mark Codner MD Plastic Surgery-Aesthetic and Oculoplastic Surgery Fellowship

Completed in 2014

Stetson University

Graduated in 2003

Dr. Derby does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Derby and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Plastic Surgery

• Abdominoplasty
  • Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Asian Eyelid Surgery
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Body Contouring (After Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Botox® Injection
  • Breast Augmentation
  • Breast Lift Surgery
  • Breast Reconstruction
  • Breast Reduction
  • Chemical Peel
  • Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery
  • Dermal Filler
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Ear Reconstruction
  • Neck Lift
  • Neck Liposuction
  • Nipple Reconstruction
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Oculoplastic Surgery