Dr. Brian Demuth, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 59

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Brian Demuth, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Elkton, MD and has over 33 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University in 1990. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Chester County Hospital and Jennersville Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Brian Demuth, MD

111 W High St Ste 211 Elkton, MD 21921

Dr. Demuth's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Demuth

2.7

Dismissive and Condescending
I gave Dr. Demuth another shot with my son because we needed an appointment for an emergency. He was able to fit us in but that was about the only good part of the visit. Horrible bedside manner. He didn't like the x-ray from the ER but didn't order another one. He said come back in a week or so when my son was more relaxed to examine him. Seriously? He referred to an MRI for the same knee from two years ago that showed nothing then, well it is two years later now.....Son (18) nearly flipped out on him in the exam room. Immediately left and called a different doctor. I subsequently found out that his reputation is poor.
Dec 10, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Demuth, MD?
Just finished with my last follow-up appointment after surgery. Everything was explained in detail before and after surgery. Never felt rushed during my appointments. Staff very friendly and helpful. Never a long wait for appointment. Other family members are patients and quite satisfied with the care they have received.
Jan 04, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Demuth, MD?
Dr. Demuth explained treatment and took his time to answer my questions. Very professional and staff was kind. Did not feel rushed at all. Never a long wait to be seen.
Jean – Oct 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Demuth, MD?
I arrived 10 minutes early. Registered online. And proceeded to wait an hour after my appointment time to be seen in what was the most bizarre medical experience I've ever had. He comes in waving around my xray before introducing himself. Tells me the xray technician was wrong. I don't have osteoarthritis, Im just fat and need to exercise and stretch more. Because inflammation. Cut me off repeatedly. Disregarded everything I said. Darkly comical in hindsight, I wish I had read the reviews prior to my appointment. My joints have been a problem for years. They're hypermobile. I've been hypermobile at 120lbs, all the way through 220lbs. Might as well of diagnosed me with hysteria.
Oct 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Demuth, MD?
This was hands-down the worst encounter I've ever had with a doctor. He was dismissive, condescending, and the diagnosis he gave after very little time with me was contrary to everything I had been told previously (I was seeking treatment for a recurrent ankle injury, I've seen my PCP and been to urgent care but was finally referred to an ortho). He told me that the symptoms I was seeking treatment for were in my head since they didn't line up with his diagnosis. I waited over 30 minutes (post-waiting room, after seeing the nurse), and he rushed out of the room after 5 minutes while I was mid-question. I wasted a day, a babysitter, and a copay to be treated like a hypochondriac and an idiot. Looking forward to my second opinion at Penn Orthopaedics.
Jun 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Demuth, MD?
I came in for appointment about my knee, while I was there I mention to Dr Demuth my shoulder was hurting and started to explain my symptoms to him and he rudely cut me off and stated if I wanted to talk about that he I can make another appointment with him on another day to discuss this. there are better ways to talk to humans but he lacks that trait. He was very rushy with my issues and didn't really take the time to listen to my concerns, I ended up changing offices, its a drive for me to get there but with feeling like the DOCTOR I am seeing actually CARES about my well being!
Jun 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Demuth, MD?
I just took my 13 yr old grandson to Dr. Demuth for a fractured foot and it was an absolutely wonderful experience. We didn't wait long and he answered every question we asked with patience and detail. I would highly recommend him for anyone who needs a good orthopedic doctor. The staff was very friendly as well. My grandson really liked him and for a teenager that's saying a lot! LOL
Kelli Vocke – May 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Demuth, MD?
50 minutes after scheduled appointment time and no explanation as to why the delay, only was told it could be another 20 minutes. I ended up leaving. No apology, only glares from front desk. Way too much personal conversations going on between employees.. total lack of consideration for a person's time.
Oct 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Demuth, MD?
2 HOURS TO BE SEEN!! DO NOT GO THERE!! He makes comments Out in the hallway about clients and is so rude. I am truly disgusted with how he acted with my appointment. I will never step foot in his office again. He treats you like you are beneath him.
Oct 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Demuth, MD?
I am pleased to say that after the horrible experience my husband endured last week with this, ??, he was able to find a great doc! And will be getting a new knee this summer. The xrays showed severe arthritis, worse than the last knee. 40 years of climbing trees, will do that. But dr dumbuth says it wouldn't. I encourage anyone who does end up seeing this clown, get a second opinion. And for anyone thinking about seeing this clown....DON'T!!
May 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Demuth, MD?
If I could choose no stars I would. like others I felt he did not care about me or my problem. From the start of the appt to the end I felt I was wasting his time with my problem. I was told that he doesn't "do back problems" I should look up and experiment with exercises. no need to get professional help. I could go on how unprofessional this visit was. a complaint to my ins was made !
janice in west grove, PA – Feb 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Demuth, MD?
2 HOUR WAIT FOR 7 PATHETIC MINUTES OF YOUR TIME! Stay away from this practice, This Dr. is to busy to be a Dr. that cares, makes patients wait over 2 hours to be seen than has attitude. How dare you tell a patient you are to busy to play on a computer to review films, is this what you have become? It is your job to review films to be a good doctor.
Elkton, MD – Jul 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Demuth, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Demuth for a few years now. Dr. Demuth is very knowledgeable and informative. He takes time to go over everything with me including the proper way to exercise and stretch. I find his staff very friendly and professional both on the phone and at the office. They always squeeze me in for an appointment when needed. They are helpful and knowledgeable when it comes to insurance. I was very pleased with my experience and would highly recommend this office .
Faith Amirikian in Centreville, MD – Jul 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Demuth, MD?
While waiting 2 hours I noticed staff was rude. Upon entering Dr was not apologetic about the delay. Upon making appt they prescribed xrays to be done prior to the appt. Problem is they only did ankles and not my feet. Apparently because the problem is just under my ankle in the subtalar joint the Dr decided to dismiss the fact that I've been in pain for 20 years he acted like i was lying. He even declined to look at another Dr findings from xrays in 2001. He took 5min from his day.
AkcionJack in Havre de Grace – Apr 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Demuth, MD?
I would not recommend this physician to anybody. He does not care about his patients and is more or less in it for the money in my opinion. His office staff mirror his poor bedside manner, they are rude and unprofessional. Please stay away from this practice.
Apr 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Demuth, MD?
The nicest way to put it is that he is not a people person. Was told to put on a hospital type gown for an exam, but there was none. I felt like he was talking down to me when I would ask questions. He had such an arrogance about him when I asked questions that I stopped asking questions. I got dressed and left. If I can't feel comfortable speaking to my physician, then there is no reason to continue.
Conowingo – Jan 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Demuth, MD?
My father was seen after a severe MVA. He has a terrible bedside manner. Dr, Demuth misdiagnosed a foot injury as an ankle sprain and told my father that he could walk out of the hospital. He meanwhile, has not been able to put any pressure on his foot and has walked with a walker. We saw a Medstar Ortho doc who re scanned the foot and diagnosed multiple fractures. Further instructions are non weight bearing and most likely surgery! The wrong initial Dx set us back 2 weeks!!
Jan 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Demuth, MD?
Very friendly staff the girls there are friendly on the phone and always squeezed me in for an appointment . I have been to the office about four times and Dr De Muth has been informative and answered all my questions . He even showed me the proper way to do my exercises. I was very pleased with my experience there and would recommend him .
CW in Frederick, MD – Mar 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Demuth, MD?
The office staff is so friendly! Great Doctor!!
Frederick, MD – Mar 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Demuth, MD?
Been there 4 times now. Three out of the 4 times, they've called and changed the time of my appointment. More surgeries, they said. Also said I can change the day if it doesn't work for me. He's only here 1 day a week, so that won't help. He'd be late next time too. Then when the time comes, I'm there on time but have to usually wait an hour to see him. Will be changing after my next appt tomorrow! Not worth all the aggravation to me. I understand emergencies, but this is constant.
Jesse W in West Grove, PA – Dec 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Demuth, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Demuth?