Dr. Brian Daines, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Sierra Vista Medical Group 5750 E Highway 90 Ste 200 Sierra Vista, AZ 85635 Get Directions
Dr. Brian Daines, MD
Brian Daines received his Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry from Brigham Young University and his Medical Degree from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York City. He completed his Orthopaedic Surgical Residency at the University of Washington in Seattle. He then completed a Joint Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship with Colorado Joint Replacement in Denver. Following his fellowship, he helped develop Joint Replacement Programs at two hospitals in Southern Illinois before moving to Southern Arizona. He is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon who has published numerous book chapters and scientific articles on bone loss in revision joint replacements, blood management in joint replacements, preventing infections in joint replacements, and managing wound complications in joint replacements. For the past several years, he has participated in Operation Walk in Panama, Honduras, and Guatemala. This is a not-for-profit volunteer medical services organization that provides free surgical treatments for patients in developing countries and in the United States.

Dr. Daines' Experience

See how Dr. Daines' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Daines

Dr. Daines accepts 6 insurance carriers

Dr. Daines is now accepting new patients
Sierra Vista Medical Group5750 E Highway 90 Ste 200
Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
(520) 263-3500Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Daines has admitting privileges.

Dr. Daines' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Daines to family and friends
Dr. Daines' Performance
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
Dr. Daines. Is great. You won't find another doctor in this field that can surpass him in doing the surgery, keeping infection away, and real caring for his patients. He has top notch education and experience. The others I have recommended agree.
in SIERRA VISTA, az |
Dr. Daines is a very good and caring doctor.
in Sierra vista, AZ |
Dr daines is a great doctor. He did an exceptional job on my two hip replacements. God has blessed this man with a great talent. I would recommend this doctor for any replacement surgery. God bless you Dr. Daines. James Morgan Sr.
in Sierra Vista Az |
I would recommend Dr Daines to anyone who needs orthopaedic care. He explains all options and lets the patient what is best suited to his or her situation. I had my right knee replaced in May and no longer have to depend on a walker to navigate. I now use a cane for help and in time hope to walk without any assistance. Dr Daines treats his patients with compassionate care
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
I just had a great experience, all my concerns were taken care of, and all my questions were answered to my satisfaction. Dr. Daines is an excellent physician, very courteous, professional, and caring. He is very good at what he does, and I am glad that I had him as my surgeon. I had total hip-replacement, and I am doing very well. I am very pleased with the outcome, and especially happy about being pain-free.
in sierra vista, az |
Dr. Brian Daines took my messed up knee gave me my mobility back. 5 weeks after my knee revision I am bending it at 127. Walking without a walker. He gave me outstanding care, could not of asked for better care. He was kind caring, compassionate to my needs. I was in intense pain before surgery, 5 weeks later I am off pain pills enjoying life again. I hold the highest respect and graditude to Dr. Daines for his skills and knowledge. Thank you for everything you did for me.
in Sierra Vista,az |
Dr. Daines is the best surgeon I have come across who really cares about how your doing. He takes his time to talk to you before and after the operation. I would suggest him to anyone needing surgery.
in Bisbee, AZ |
Can't say enough about the excellent care I received from Dr. Daines! Explained hip replacement inlayman's terms. Terrific surgeon -- I was home the next day nearly pain-free. Three months out I am completely mobile and SO thankful I had the replacement. Dr Daines is patient and friendly. He takes time with patients and welcomes questions. I highly recommend him.
Cochise, AZ |
Absolutely the best. My dad was a doctor, my brother is a doctor, my sister is a nurse and I have been a paramedic. I know good medicine and this experience was top notch. Six weeks after a full hip replacement and no pain, no cane and am walking around without a limp. Our friends are amazed. Also, the hospital was great. Had my own room and pretty good food. Not your typical jello in a cup. Would recommend him anytime why go to Tucson when you can get great medicine in your home town.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
I had a total right hip replacement on April 3, 2017. I am really pleased with Dr. Daines and the outcome of my surgery. I was walking without the walker and using my cane after 15 days. I was driving after 19 days and walking without my cane by the 4th week after surgery. I would recommend Dr. Daines for joint surgery without any reservations.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
My name is Jim B. and I am a 56 year old man. I like to workout and keep active. However, my right hip was giving me heck. For years, I've tried everything under the sun to find a solution. Yoga, specialized massage, taping, acupuncture and even meditation just to name a few. Finally I made an appointment to see Dr. Daines. I scheduled a hip replacement 2 weeks later. Its been 6 weeks and its been great! Very little pain and a great recovery. Love this guy! Don't wait...go see him!
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
I saw Dr. Daines for treatment of a trigger finger on my right dominant hand. He first recommended injection of a steroid into the tendon, but when the trigger finger failed to get better after several months, he recommended surgery. Dr. Daines explained the surgery in detail and answered all my questions. The surgery was a success and I am completely satisfied with Dr. Daines’ treatment, thoroughness, and patience. His office staff is also very friendly and professional.
in Benson, AZ |
Wow! What an incredible experience. If you are dreading going in for your operation, you can stop. In fact, that was the hardest part of my operation... me dreading it! My experiences from the very beginning diagnosis, through my hip replacement, through my immediate easy recovery, have simply been stellar. Dr, Daines is an extraordinary physician. I hope you get to have the same incredible experience I had.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
Dr. Daines was very caring, patient and concerned about my broken ankle. He never rushed through an explanation, was always willing to listen and answer questions. He explained all the steps to recovery very well. With his care, surgery and follow up, I was able to recover and am just about back to normal four months after a bad break. I have heard good things about him and agree wholeheartedly. He is a blessing to Sierra Vista! His staff was friendly, helpful and caring. Go see them!
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
I had my right hip replaced by Dr. Daines and he did an excellent job. I never felt better. It is six weeks since the surgery and I am barely using a cane. No pain. I have a new outlook on life. Thank you, Dr. Daines.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
Dr. Daines provided excellent advise and explanation before carpal tunnel surgery. MA Christina was very thorough and interacted very well with me. If needed I would not hesitate to have Dr. Daines conduct other orthopedic surgery. Also high recommend him to friends who are in need of orthopedic care.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
Hi y'all, I'm Bill Mitchell ! Dr.Daines did hip replacements on both my hips ! I have recommended Dr. Daines to two of my neighbors and will recommend Dr.Daines to folks in the future ! Dr. Daines and his team are all excellent people! I could not have asked for a better surgeon and a better team !!! Dr. Daines and his team have changed my life in so many ways !!! I am and will be forever great full to you "ALL"!!! "Thanks Dr.Daines "!!! "LOVE Y'ALL " !!!
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
Dr. Daines correctly diagnosed the problem with my right knee (microfractures in the right femur, a torn meniscus and major osteoarthritis.) He recommended knee replacement surgery and scheduled it for February 13, 2017. I was released from the hospital the next day. Today, exactly 6 weeks later, I am ambulatory without the use of a cane/walker. His Joint Camp education program (before surgery) is outstanding. I would highly recommend him as a surgeon and his staff are great to work with!
in Huachuca City Az |
The most caring doctor and staff I have ever experienced. Thank you so much everyone. I love my new knee. Wenche.
in Naco, AZ |
Dr. Daines replaced my knee this past December. Before the operation he listen to my concerns given that I had another condition that could have negatively impacted this operation. He gave me wise medical counsel and put my medical well being over automatically scheduling me for surgery. He agreed to operate once the other specialists approved this procedure. Post surgery I felt discomfort but no severe pain. My recovery is going great thanks to his continued care and encouraging me to do well!
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
Dr. Daines is an excellent surgeon. He did an outstanding job on my right knee replacement. I am so impressed with his skills that I plan on getting my left knee replaced as soon as my right knee it totally healed and strong. I am looking at late spring or early summer of 2017. Can't wait. Dr. Daines took the time to explain exactly what to expect with my replacement and he puts a strong focus on after care and physical therapy. It made all the difference in my recovery.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
He is very personable. He cares about his patients. Couldn't ask for a better doctor to make you feel safe and that he really cares about your well being before and after the surgery.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
Dr. Daines is an excellent, caring and professional orthopedic surgeon. My total knee replacement went great, and I was out of the hospital the next day. From the initial consult to the surgery and the post operative visits, all of my questions and concerns were addressed. My thoughts and opinions regarding the condition of my knee were listened to and considered, and overall I was treated fairly and with the respect that a patient deserves. Thank you Dr. Daines.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
I would highly recommend Dr. Daines for hip replacement surgery. He diagnosed the problem, offered options, and resolved the issue. The outcome has far exceeded my expectations. I received excellent care from a knowledgeable, skilled, and caring doctor.
in Naco, Az |
It has been a positive experience from day one. He was genuinely concerned about my condition and was very thorough in what my options were. I opted for total knee replacement on my right knee with the left to follow later. The surgery and recovery process has gone without a hitch and after nearly seven weeks of rehab. I am ready for some golf.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
Dr Daines is an excellent physician. He did a great job of explaining the procedure I would have and was both punctual and professional. My knee replacement went off without a hitch and in less than four weeks I was back to all my normal activities. My incision at six weeks looks amazing. Dr Daines has a comforting bedside manner and is a top knot he surgeon. I am so thankful I could have my surgery in Sierra Vista and not have to drive to Tucson. Thanks Dr Daines!
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
Two weeks ago I fell and needed surgery. Dr. Daines came and did a partial hip replacement. I and my primary care doctor are thrilled with his work. He visited me every day in the hospital, always cheerful and uplifting. My family were thrilled with the care and felt I was in very good hands. I will gladly recommend Dr. Daines!!
in Whetstone, Arizona |
Dr. Daines came highly recommended by my primary doctor for knee replacement surgery. My surgery and whole experience with Dr. Daines was excellent, and I would recommend him to family members and others. Thank you Dr. Daines!
Chicago, IL |
Dr. Diane's replaced my right knee on June 20, 2016. Dr Diane's gained my trust on the first visit. He takes the time to explain everything and make you comfortable. The surgery went well, and I really worked at therapy which ic critical. I would strongly recommend Dr Daines
in McNeal, Arizona |
Highly recommend this Dr. is very knowledgeable and caring individual. Good job Dr. Daines appreciate your work.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
Dr. Daines is an excellent surgeon. My surgery went off without a hitch. His straightforward manner is very refreshing. I have already recommended him to a friend who has recommended him to her friend!!!!@
in McNeal,AZ |
Karn, McNeal, AZ I had total right hip replacement was real nerves about the surgery and recovery. But Daines was real good about explaining the procedure and recovery I was back to work in six weeks. I also love Canyon Vista Medical Center they were very caring with my hospital stay. I would highly recommend Dr. Daines for your surgery.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
Dr.Daines is a wonderful and caring orthopedic surgeon. He listens to all of your needs and provides you with every option that is best for his patient. Dr. Daines performed a hand procedure and he has excellent bedside manners. This procedure was done at Canyon Vista Medical Center as an out-patient visit. All of the entire staff, to include Dr. Daines had terrific customer service skills! I would highly recommend Dr. Daines, as well as Canyon Vista Medical Center for all of your medical needs.
in Hereford, Az |
We were in the ER Friday night when it was found that Mary had a fractured hip. Dr. Daines called us from home and explained to us what the surgery would involve and said that he would come to the hospital to meet and go over the surgery with us once Mary was admitted. He made a special trip to the hospital, went over the details of what the surgery would consist of and if it was acceptable to us he would operate on Mary Saturday after he finished a scheduled surgery. I have never a better Dr.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
There are not enough words to describe my experience with Dr Daines. I've had 2 hip replacements and one knee replaced in another city, I was afraid to use a local Dr here til I met Dr Daines. I'm six weeks out of my left knee replacement and there is no comparison to my previous surgeries. He made sure I was comfortable and didn't suffer. Not only is he an incredible Doctor, but a magnificent human being. We are so blessed he chose to move here with his family!!
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
I had confidence in his skill even though I was scared since neverhad surgery before. He was so supportive after my hip replacement and was available to address my concerns. I recovered and folded his rehab and had a great outcome. After 3 month, I feel 100%.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
I first met Dr. Daines in the emergency room and a broken hip brought him to my bedside. He was kind, considerate of my feelings and pain and described my injury. He took on the task of putting my thigh bones back together. Two weeks later, he took on the job of putting the thigh bone together on the other side of my body (due to my clumsiness). Throughout, he has been the epitome of a caring physician. I have the greatest respect, admiration, and gratitude to Dr. Daines.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
Dr. Daines was outstanding from start to finish. Very professional, explains everything no guessing or miscommunication, takes all the time you need to understand what all the possibilities are. I was back at work in 2.5 weeks after a complete right knee replacement. I reached the range of motion goal in 5 weeks, at 6 weeks I some times forget I even had surgery when I am walking. I had a great experience, please understand everyone is different.
in Bisbee, Arizona |
I can't say enough good about Dr. Daines. God truly lead me to this wonderful doctor. I had a full knee replacement 6 weeks ago and what an amazing difference it has made for me. I am 67 years young and want to continue to live an active life, I am so grateful with my results. Dr. Daines is very personable and knowledgeable. My friends husband just had surgery, and my brother will have his knee replaced in August. I Highly Recommend Dr. Brian Daines. Laura Kirkley( a very happy patient.)
in Sierra Vista az |
My husband had his hip replaced in January and we were very pleased with the care that was provided. Then in march I shattered my wrist and Dr Daines fixed that for me. Very pleased
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
Did a full knee replacement for my left knee. At the time I was unable to get the knee to move in anyway, shape, or form. Now I have almost all of the movement possible and am working on the rest. I am also able to go back to work at 8 week after surgery.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
My 2 year old son broke his leg and Dr Daines was so kind and patient with him! He took the time to explain everything we needed to know and had questions about. He was very precise in the angle he wanted my sons leg casted and how his staff casted his leg to make sure he would be as comfortable as possible. He truly made a very difficult situation as easy as possible! Great doctor, Sierra Vista is lucky to have him here now!
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
Walks in, says you have arthritis. Had me lay down and lift each leg and then bend, once, noting pain with the sore side and said yep, arthritis...but you are to heavy to do a hip replacement ...have you ever tried to lose weight? I am there for labral tear. Goes on about bariatric surgery and on way out looks at mri and says well maybe you do have a labrum tear. My primary confirms labral tear. I specifically said so the only thing you can do for me is surgery if I lose weight first. Yep he sa
Have you seen Dr. Brian Daines, MD?
Are you Dr. Daines?

Compare Dr. Daines

Dr. Daines says...

Brian Daines received his Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry from Brigham Young University and his Medical Degree from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York City. He completed his Orthopaedic Surgical Residency at the University of Washington in Seattle.  He then completed a Joint Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship with Colorado Joint Replacement in Denver.

Dr. Daines' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Daines has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Daines' Board Certifications

Colorado Joint Replacement

Completed in 2012

Brigham Young University

Graduated in 2002

Dr. Daines does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Daines and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• ACL Surgery