Dr. Brian Curtin, MD

Practices Orthopedic Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4.5 after 89 reviews.
Author:
I am seeing Dr.Curtin for a 2nd opinion for a very complicated knee replacement. My local orthopaedic whom I have the utmost confidence in, has absolutely refused to do the surgery and wants to do a total leg fusion on me instead. I would never be able to bend my leg again. I have not agreed with his diagnosis from the very beginning.. I was researching for a place that could give me a good second opinion. My local orthopaedic recommended Dr.Curtin. I was very glad I took the time to seek out another opinion. I will be getting a total knee replacement not fusion. Fusion may come at some point but not now. Dr. Curtin is kind and listens to what you have to say. I have only visited his office one time but I am very pleased at this point.
Author:
Dr. Curtain is excellent. He explained everything in detail to me as far as what the X-rays showed and the recommended treatment. He is professional and kind! Highly recommend him!
Author:
My experience with Dr Curtin was extremely positive. He's knowledgeable and listened to my issue with my hip and he clearly explained what options were available for my hip issue. I recommend Dr Curtin wholeheartedly.
Author:
Dr Curtin is prompt, clearly answers all questions, is very patient and gives clear answers and directions. I highly recommend him to others. The entire staff at OrthoCarolina is excellent as well as all surgical staff.
Author:
Dr. Curtin did both of my knees for total replacement surgery; the first in October 2015 and the second in January 2019. Both surgeries were great and my recovery was minimal. I was particularly interested in the great direction Dr. Curtin gave his operating staff in keeping infections to a minimum. His entire operating crew wore the equivalent of Hazmat suits where there was no possibility of infection. I feel that Dr. Curtin uses the absolute latest in technology for joint replacement. My wife has had 3 knee surgeries and I have had 2. I would recommend Dr. Curtin for anyone who is considering Orthopedic surgery on Hip or Knee! Brooks Shepherd, Mint Hill, NC
Author:
e knee and top of the thigh. Brian looked at me and said, lets get an X-ray. Xray showed no problems and Brian said, "It must be a tissue issue." As he was walking away, I asked if physical therapy would help, and he said, "Sure, you can give it a try. If it doesnt help, give us a call and we'll schedule an MRI." Fast forward a few months, he orders an MRI of my hip (not the soft tissue he said was the probably the problem) and guess what? It WAS a soft tissue issue. Now I need ANOTHER MRI to see exactly what th issue is. What a waste of time. And money.
Author:
Dr. Curtin was professional, listened well, and explained my diagnosis and treatment plan clearly.
Author:
Excellent. He listened to me, we discussed treatment options and scheduled PT appointment and follow up. Very pleased with his knowledge, expertise and communication style.
Author:
Dr. Curtin is an excellent physician and I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of knee care.
Author:
Dr. Curtain was very thorough and at the same time succinct and clear in his explanation of my situation.
Author:
Dr. Curtin always takes his time with you to make sure you have all of your questions answered. I feel at ease when I leave the office knowing I'm on the right track.
Author:
Dr. Curtin is a true professional, and excellent surgical provider. I would and have recommended him to anyone I come in contact with who might be considering anything orthopedic.
Author:
It was interesting to say the least,it sounded like he knew what he was talking about!
Author:
I had a bilateral knee replacement with excellent results. Using Dr Curtin was the best decision I've made about my knees.
Author:
Dr. Curtin was pleasant and attentive; though I would personally have liked to review the radiographs. He appeared thorough in his assessment but did suggest that all prosthetics were porous for them to grow back into the bone. I am aware that some, perhaps a majority, were cemented in, in years past. I also was unaware of the many problems and recalls for metal-on-metal prosthetics and would have enjoyed a discussion of changing out my whole replacement with ceramics. Anyway, I am confident.
Author:
I had partial knee replacement in September and fell on Friday. I was hurt, scared that I had screwed up the knee, and embarrassed. But Dr. Curtin put me at ease and calmed me down. He made sure nothing was broke or horribly hurt. I was no longer crying when I left and actually felt better. He didn't rush and made sure I felt better.
Author:
Dr. Curtin was great on my first appointment. He went over my xrays with and explained everything that was wrong with my hip. He was friendly, compassionate and very understanding. I would highly recommend Dr. Curtin.
Great
Author:
I went into my first appointment with Dr. Curtin fearing the first thing he was going to tell me I needed to do to relieve the Arthritis pain in both my knees was surgery. I was wrong, he took the time to review my exrays, explaining everything that was going on with not only my knees, also my back. Instead of surgery he came up with an alternate plan of physical therapy first. I was thrilled that I found a Dr. That listened, explained things and was not ready to cut on me right away.
Author:
Dr Curtin is always professional as well as friendly and caring. He doesn’t hurry through the appt so I feel I can always ask any questions that need to. He is always concerned about my well being.
Author:
This was my first time seeing Dr. Curtin. He was very friendly and professional. He asked questions and listened to my answers. He was very pleasant to speak with. If I need any hip or knee surgery in the future I would highly consider requesting him since Dr. Mokris has retired.
Author:
I highly would and have recommend Dr Curtin to anyone seeking to have knee / hip replacement surgery. He will listen to your concerns and provide the best treatment possible . My personal experience with Dr Curtin with my knee replacement was the whole process was stress free, he has a way with his approach that made my surgery feel like I was in the best hands possible . And the team which included Halee Erbe was first class and took me from start to finish of the procedure with any help I need
Author:
This doctor is a great doctor. He recently did surgery on me, and he has made my life so much better. I haven't been able to walk without pain in two years and he took me and had me admitted in two days after visit to his office .Now I can walk after two weeks with very little pain. I would recommend this Dr. to anyone suffering the way I was. It was during the holidays and he still made my Christmas so much better. Thank you Dr. Curtin, Rita G. Sarvis
Author:
This was my first visit with Dr. Curtin and I was totally satisfied with his demeanor and professionalism. He explained my upcoming knee replacement surgery thoroughly and relieved my apprehension about the surgery.
Author:
Dr. Curtin was extremely caring and kind. This was my first visit, and I was very impressed.
Author:
Dr. Curtin is a great doctor who has a very pleasant manner. He listens and answers questions that may seem repetitive with a smile. I have had knee and hip replacement done by him and will recommend him highly to others.
Author:
This was by far the worse experience I ever had with a doctor and the whole visit. Dr Curtin may be a fine surgeon , but I will never know because I could not get past his abrupt “ bedside manner “ and his unwillingness to do anything because according to him “ I am to old, so I just have to live with it “ attitude. His bedside manner is more like “ bedpan manner “ which is where it belongs. I paid to be told I was “ to old “ he wouldn’t consider any kind of shot, medicine or teatment.
Author:
Nice guy, but I felt like he was rushed. I felt like he really did not consider my comments concerning pain in the side of my leg near the knee, which is different from arthritis knee pain I have had in the past. I would have liked to have looked at the x-rays with him and have him explain exactly what he saw on the x-ray. I think he is a good doctor, but he appears to have time limits per patient put on him by management. I would go back to him.
Author:
Consider all of the traits that you would hope your surgeon might have including manner, thoughtfulness and skills. Well, after a year long recovery from an accident I can assure you that Dr. Curtain has them all. I was unlucky when I was hit, but very lucky that somehow I was fortunate enough to be assigned to Dr. Curtain. I am very grateful.
Author:
I didn’t care for him, due to moving & another surgeon retiring, I saw this dr who clearly was looking at the same xray as the dr that had retired, agreeing that yes I needed hip replacement BUT THEN HE DECIDED TO TELL ME WHERE MY PAIN SHOULD BE my pain for my ongoing hip pain has NEVER BEEN IN MY GROIN, my pain has been in the middle of my butt!! I’m having a terrible time with pain & trying to work so was given anti inflammatory green shorts you make your patients wear where last washed when?
Author:
Dr. Curtin recently did a right knee replacement. So pleased with the outcome. Doing great, finished with PT after 8 sessions & released from Dr. Curtin after 4 1/2 weeks. Can't say enough good things about him. Treats you like family, listens & answers all your questions. Professional, but not stiff, compassionate, knowledgeable, trust-worthy. The type of doctor, you would want to do your surgery.
Author:
Took his time fully reviewed my problem
Fantastic
Author:
Excellent surgeon- professional, straight forward, informative without overwhelming you with too much information and all blanketed with genuine warmth- a rare combination! Highly recommend him based on my experience with total hip replacement surgery.
Author:
Dr Curtin performed a total right knee replace on me. Absolutely nothing negative to say about this man! Very professional & skilled and yet very personable. I selected him after my elderly mother fell (breaking her femur immediately above a replaced knee). The surgery was complicated with several doctors declining to attempt. Dr Curtin was recommended & performed the joint replace flawlessly. And his bedside manner really impressed my mother. Wouldn’t even consider another ortho doc!
Author:
Dr Curtin performed a total right hip replacement on me in June of 2017. I was most apprehensive as I was an active runner. He assured me that I would be back on my feet in no time. I was in shape, so that helped. I went down hill skiing in Jan 2018 and felt like I did before the hip replacement. I have started a modified walk - jog regime1 year later. Follow the protocol and you will be glad you did. Highly recommend Dr Curtin. Most professional!
Author:
Dr. Curtin provided excellent care for bilateral knee arthritis. He explains what he is doing, what the imaging shows, what the progression might be, and exercises appropriate for the condition. He is also friendly and kind. He is quite busy and gets “down to business” quickly, yet his demeanor makes you feel certain he is happy to take the time you need to get answers to your questions. Very pleased to have found him!!
Author:
Dr Curtin has successfully replaced both of my hips. Both procedures went very well and I highly recommend Dr Curtin
Very Professional
Author:
He's caring friendly and listens to your concerns.
Nice but not for me..
Author:
Dr. Curtin's terrific. Very professional, thorough. Great guy.
Author:
Dr Curtin was very thorough and put my mind at ease about my hip replacement with his professionalism and caring attitude and personality. I felt confident in his abilities to perform my surgery and would recommend Dr Curtin to anyone.I walked in to see him a nervous wreck I left relaxed and at piece about my hip replacement .
Author:
Wonderful Doctor. Highly recommend .
Author:
This was a great experience . I hesitated to go to the local docs and selected Ortho Carolina Hip and Knee in Charlotte because they had an excellent reputation . Dr. Curtin was professional and conservative in this first approach for treatment instead of immediately giving shots and medicine . Also , wait time in Orthopaedics was ????...
Author:
Very pleased with the professional aproach as a new patient from Dr. Curtin. I will feel very confident in referring patients to Dr. Curtin. He had a caring attitude and was very personable and caring. I appreciate the kindness and smiling faces from all the staff.
Author:
Dr. Curtin performed my knee replacement in 2016. I won't lie, it was very painful afterwards, but I am so glad I had it replaced now. I am able to climb Linville Falls, exercise again, and walk as much as I want without any pain. Dr. Curtin did an excellent job on the surgery, and you can't even see my scar! He is very caring, polite, and professional with each appointment and not only listens to me, but hears what I have to say. I highly recommend him if you need a knee replacement.
Author:
Fantastic. Took as much time as needed, answered all of my questions, thorough, smart, funny--all around great experience!
Author:
Absolutely awesome. I had a total hip replacement and am pain free now. I hope I never need another surgery but if I do, this Doctor would clearly be top choice. Trust me its worth waiting to get on his schedule. He is that good.
Author:
Appreciated his understanding and attitude toward my special needs child!