Dr. Brian Cole, MD

Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 57

Dr. Cole

Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush University

1611 W Harrison St # 400 Chicago, IL 60612

Dr. Brian Cole, MD is a reconstructive orthopedic surgery specialist in Chicago, IL and has been practicing for 28 years. He specializes in reconstructive orthopedic surgery, sports medicine, and more.

• Recent Reviews Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Hospital satisfaction Patients said they were highly satisfied at this doctor's hospital. See hospitals

Dr. Cole accepts

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Cole's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Cole's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Cole

93.38842975206612%
1.1019283746556474%

Dr. Cole?
Dr. Cole's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Brian Cole, MD
Outstanding visit. Very efficient run organization. Dr. Cole extremely knowledgeable on my condition.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Cole, MD?
Dr Cole is not only a skilled and knowledgeable physician but has great patient/people skills. This is an unique and incredible combination in a provider. He has restored hope for recovery that I have lost over the last two years. I really feel I was in the best hands and glad I made the decision to make the travel to see him.In addition his staff was very responsive to any questions or requests I had.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Cole, MD?
As a former college athlete with substantial and ongoing shoulder problems, I’ve seen my fair share of orthopedic surgeons. I flew to Chicago specifically to see Dr. Cole due to his good reviews and what I thought was knowledge of the latest techniques, minimally invasive treatment, etc. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed with the visit and would not recommend. He actually chastised me for seeing multiple physicians. I’ve been offered differing treatment courses from the best surgeons in the country and was trying to gather as much information as I could prior to making any decisions. His bedside manner was lacking and he did not bother to perform a physical exam or really listen to my history. The way we treat those around us is good insight into one’s character and I’m disappointed to report that Dr. Cole was rude to his PA, when unable to manage something out of her control. Critically, he did not provide a clear diagnosis or treatment plan. I would seek guidance elsewhere.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Cole, MD?
I went to multiple doctors before I was referred to Dr. Cole. I guess you can say third times a charm! Dr. Cole and his team takes the time to research your injury, and plan each step/procedure along the way. After two failed ACL reconstructions elsewhere, he took the time to figure out why the procedures failed and came up with a different game plan. I highly recommended Dr. Cole and his team!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Cole, MD?
First Class operation led by Dr Brian Cole. Thorough. Precise. Direct and to the point. Exudes confidence and genuine interest in the patient. All Dr Cole’s assistants share the same passion and compassion for the patient. Players take on the personality of the coach. Very evident here. Could not feel more comfortable. There is no comparison.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Cole, MD?
Dr Cole was on time He is very knowledgeable and informative
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Cole, MD?
Dr. Cole and his entire team is simply amazing! He accurately diagnosed and treated a condition that two other orthopedic surgeons could not figure out. I injured my left knee while running. Saw 2 different orthopedic surgeons previously, had multiple rounds of X-Rays and MRIs, did extensive physical therapy, got PRP and steroid injections, had Tennex procedure done over the course of 12 months, but nothing improved the condition or reduced the sharp pain I experienced for months. Dr. Cole's team made an accurate diagnosis on the very first visit and scheduled me for a quick arthroscopic surgery two weeks out. The surgery took less than an hour and I was able to walk out of the facility. Did 2 weeks of RICE followed by 4 weeks of physical therapy and I am back to normal activities including running, hiking, etc.
First Rate
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Cole, MD?
This is the best doctor I’ve ever seen. He listens, explains what’s wrong then tells you his solution. Even though he’s a surgeon he always tries the noninvasive options first. He and his amazing team are second to none.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Cole, MD?
Dr. Cole and his PA Kevin Shinsako were thorough and reassuring during my visit. I have great confidence that they will provide the treatment that fits me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Cole, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Cole?

One of the things that I always remember is that these are people with joint pain and dysfunction. These are not knees and shoulders that hurt, but they're attached to people who have composite problems that may extend well beyond the initial reason ...

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery
  • Hip & Knee Orthopedics
  • Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery
  • Orthopedic Sports Medicine

• Orthopaedic Sports Medicine

1997
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC)
1996

• Tue: closed
    • Wed: closed
    • Fri: closed
    • Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Cole treats patients.

73% Patient experience rating, 4% higher than the national average

• Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2019, 2018)
  • Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2017)

79% Patient experience rating, 10% higher than the national average

• Joint Replacement Excellence Award™ (2018)
  • Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2017)