Dr. Brian Chalkin, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male

Dr. Brian Chalkin, MD
Dr. Brian Chalkin, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Tulsa, OK. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Chalkin is affiliated with Bristow Medical Center, St. John Medical Center and Hillcrest Medical Center.

Dr. Chalkin's Care Philosophy

As an orthopaedic surgeon specializing in hand and upper extremity surgery I'm focused on getting my patients back to a mobile pain free lifestyle. While I have a busy practice I'm dedicated to giving each patient individualized and compassionate care.

Dr. Chalkin's Experience

See how Dr. Chalkin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Chalkin

Dr. Chalkin accepts 12 insurance carriers

Dr. Chalkin is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Chalkin has admitting privileges.

Dr. Chalkin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chalkin to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Chalkin's Performance
in Tulsa, OK |
Dr. Chalkin is the only doctor I would recommend for hand or shoulder surgery to my friends and family. He is so considerate to his patients and well known for his expertise. Great results!!
Owasso, OK |
I have more than 500 characters. He is flat up amazing! Getting in isn't easy, but he saved me. I was a swimmer who tore my labrum. He insisted to wait on surgery, do PT first where most doctors will just put you under the knife immediately. We took several MRI's. I am a tough patient due to flexible joints so the regular MRI didn't see much of a tear. The one with dye did. He was very conservative. He also has incredible respect for his patients. Swimmers need to go to him!
in Tulsa, OK |
Avoid!! Chalkin was supposed to do a TOTAL shoulder replacement. He ignored damage to the glenoid (socket) and only replaced the ball joint. He put in TOO LARGE of a ball joint that rubbed on & destroyed the inside of my shoulder especially the glenoid. And because Chalkin used an obsolete model (even for the time period) we cannot put in a smaller ball joint (without doing a more difficult surgery involving removing the stem) because there are no replaceable parts for this model.
in Broken Arrow OK |
Dr. Chalkin is absolutely amazing, this doctor stayed after hours for us to come see him from a Broken Arrow emergency room!!!! Got him scheduled for surgery and repaired his tendons that could have other wise limited his range of motion forever. Having an efficient doc is one thing but getting the full package with great bedside manner and true compassion won this family over. Thank you Dr. Chalkin.
in Kansas, OK |
Dr. Chalkin is amazing Dr. He has helped my daughter so much. When she had surgery he has manners and he listens to you and take time for you. I give him 5 stars all the way.
in tulsa, ok |
He did carpal tunnel surgery and Clavicle surgery and did a great job on both.
in Tulsa, OK |
I am truly thankful that I landed in Dr. Chalkins care. He and his nurse are exactly what I would order in a time of needing surgery ( which to me feels like crisis ). From my experience, he is an outstanding surgeon. I had shoulder surgery, after carrying mail for 26 yrs. Post surgery has been unbelievable. I have had minimal pain, and feel pretty great! I highly rexcomend Dr. Chalkin! Plus, he is a really nice guy!
in Tulsa, OK |
I saw Dr. Chalkin multiple times over a period of a year or two. He misdiagnosed me and almost performed surgery. He left me waiting for 1-2 hours before each appointment and when I asked him where he had been (I got the first appointment of the morning) he said he was "eating breakfast." Rude and ignorant.
in Tulsa, OK |
I presented after being seen at urgent care facility with a broken finger. Due to the severity of the break I was referred immediatly to an orthopedic hospital in Jenks. It was at the urgency the attending physician that her primary concern was that I could lose my finger to lack of blood flow in which the tissue dies. I was then referred to Dr. Chaulkin. Upon appointing I was given a work in date which was understandable but confusing due to the urgency expressed by my previous care givers.
in Vinita, OK |
Professional and reputable.
Office staff is very polite. Lobby, bath and office area clean. Have been 3 times and waited around 30 min. Dr.has professional and pleasing bed side manner. The time he has to spend with you varies to the extreme. Satisfied 2 out of 3 times. Third time he was running late. Did not sit w me or do exam. Feel question and concerns were unheard. A wasted trip. Both times scripts were ordered they were not called to pharmacy. Will return 1 more time.
Jenks,OK |
Plan to wait for every appointment. They overbook all the time!! I had to wait over an hour each time I have been to an appointment with the exception of my 7am appointment.
Tulsa, OK |
Operation was unsuccessful because it was done improperly, my condition was only relieved for a short period of time. I had to wait often 6 weeks for a follow up to see what else could be done to help me. I did go to a doctor who took the proper amount of time to operate and help my condition. No, I would not refer this doctor to anyone.
in Tulsa, OK |
Great chair side manner. Dr. Chalkin and the staff made me feel at home and every need I had was met. Everyone was nice eager to help. That's for an awesome experience !!!!
in Tulsa, OK |
He fixed my trigger thumb 2 yrs ago and it still works well. I have pain from time to time mostly when I overdo but I can move it now. Before I was having pain all the way to my shoulder and thought I had carpal tunnel went to 2 different drs one a hand specialist and they told me it wasn't carpal tunnel probably my neck. My pcp sent me to Dr Chalkin and just listening to my symptoms he diagnosed me. He did an injection first that helped for several months.
Broken Arrow, Ok |
He'and his staff are efficient, kind, and honest. Within 5 minutes after x-rays and speaking with me, Dr Chalkin explained to me the problem with my wrist. He then treated my wrist. His office called later that day to see how I was doing. It appears simple, but no one else had been able to figure out what was wrong. Thank you! Dr Chalkin and staff.
in Owasso, OK |
What I loved about having Dr. Chalkin was his time he spent with me. I had a tear in the labrum (shoulder) and a shoulder that kept coming out of place. Being a swimmer, my shoulder was crucial at the time. I knew after being a competitive coach that shoulder surgery could put me out for good. Here is what was great though. He never pushed an MRI. He never pushed surgery. He wanted to try physical therapy first. I did about 8 weeks of PT. I finally had to have surgery but I can still swim.
Have you seen Dr. Brian Chalkin, MD?
Are you Dr. Chalkin?

Compare Dr. Chalkin

Dr. Chalkin's Care Philosophy

Dr. Chalkin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  •  Board certified in Hand Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Oklahoma not available

Dr. Chalkin has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Oklahoma.

Why It Matters: Dr. Chalkin's Board Certifications

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hand Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Curtis National Hand Center

Completed in 2004

Rutgers University / New Brunswick Campus

Graduated in 1993

Dr. Chalkin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chalkin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery