Dr. Brian Boxer Wachler, MD

Dr. Brian Boxer Wachler, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Brian Boxer Wachler, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Beverly Hills, CA. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Read his story

465 N Roxbury Dr Ste 902

Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Learn about Dr. Boxer Wachler

See how frequently Dr. Boxer Wachler performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Blepharitis
Dry Eyes
Pinguecula

Dr. Boxer Wachler's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Boxer Wachler's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Boxer Wachler "Dr. Brian is regarded as one of the top TRUSTED leaders in the field of Keratoconus, LASIK and other vision correction procedures. His role as the "doctor's doctor" has been earned through his unwavering integrity and broad expertise. He is often consulted by other eye surgeons who need assistance with challenging patients or by patients who need repairs for previous surgery. Other eye surgeons come to him when they need eye surgery. As well as being Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology, he was elected to the InternationalRefractive Surgery Club (IRSC), a leadership society of the world's best refractive surgeons. He was director of theUCLA Laser Refractive Center at the Jules Stein Eye Institute. He authored the best-selling book Modern Management of Keratoconus in 2008. This is the "FIRST" book to address alternatives to cornea transplant and is one of the most detailed and widely consulted physician resources and consumer publications in the field. Dr. Brian received the 2010 Jules Stein Living Tribute Award for performing the vision saving C3-R® Crosslinking System on U.S. Olympic Bobsled Driver Steven Holcomb that helped restore his vision, enabling him to win the Gold Medal at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver – this was the first Gold Medal for the United States in bobsled in 62 years. Subsequently he renamed the procedure Holcomb C3-R® Crosslinking System in honor of Steven Holcomb who brought world-wide attention to this vision-preserving treatment. At the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Steven won two Bronze medals, making him the most celebrated bobsledder in American history."

This content was provided by Dr. Boxer Wachler "Since 1993 "Dr. Brian" (as his patients affectionately know him) has been caring for patients. His philosophy about patient care is a bit unconventional: all his patients have his cell phone number and personal email address in case they ever need to ask him a question or advice about about other medical recommendations. Patients feel like they are part of the family, not just like a patient. One of Dr. Brian's special qualities is that although he sees patients from all "walks of life," Dr. Brian is described as one of the most "down to earth" doctors people have met. Everyone receives the same high quality of care regardless if you are a famous celebrity or a manual laborer in the field. He has a special empathy for all people who have eye problems since his career mission is to help everyone who needs him. You can read many Boxer Wachler reviews here: http://www.boxerwachler.com/reviews/ Dr. Brian is often referred to as America's TV Eye Doctor, appearing on numerous news shows."

• Ophthalmology

• Senile Cataracts

• Cataract Removal Surgery
  • Clear Lens Surgery With Multifocal Implants
  • Clear Lens Surgery to Correct Near and Far Vision Simultaneous
  • Conductive Keratoplasty (CK)
  • Cornea Surgery
  • Corneal Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL)
  • Epi-LASIK Eye Surgery
  • Implantable Contact Lens
  • Intacs
  • LASIK
  • Laser Cataract Surgery
  • Phakic Refractive Lens Implantation
  • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
  • Sutureless Cataract Surgery
  • Visian Impantable Collamer Lens (ICL)

No malpractice history found for California.

• Edinburgh
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1998

• Best of LA Nominee, 2011
  • The Vision Awards, Jules Stein Living Tribute Award, 2010
  • Staar Surgical, Visian ICL Center of Excellence Award, 2007
  • Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology, Faculty Award for Five Years of Service, 2009
  • American Academy of Opthalmology Senior Achievement Award, 2010
  • Indian Intraocular Implant and Refractive Surgery Society, Gold Medal for Career Scientific Contributions, 2001
  • International Society for Refractive Surgery, International Refractive Surgery Club Inductee, 2002
  • Best of LA Viewers Choice, 2010
  • Los Angeles Magazine, Super Doctors, 2010
  • American Academy of Ophthalmology, Secretariat Award, 2006
  • American Academy of Ophthalmology, Achievement Award, 2003

Dr. Boxer Wachler has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Boxer Wachler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Boxer Wachler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Boxer Wachler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Boxer Wachler to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Boxer Wachler's Performance
in Huntington Beach, CA |
I went to Dr.Boxer Wachler for keratoconus. My eyes were getting worse quickly. He performed collagen crosslinking which stabilized the progression. I had this procedure about 8 years ago when very few doctors did this, and I am so happy I did. Since then I had cataract surgery by a local doctor, and with the lens implants I see very well. As I recall everyone in the office worked as a team and the doctor himself was skilled, friendly and caring.
in Los Angeles, CA |
I had my vision corrected with Dr. Boxer Wachler 10 years ago and left his office with 20/15 vision. I recently went in for a check up and my vision is still 20/15! One of the best decisions ever!
in White Plains, NY |
An absolute amazing experience and a great team to deal with. Everything went as smooth as possible, I couldn't have asked for a better visit or simple, Pain Free procedure! Thank you to Dr. Brian and his full team of staff! I flew in from NY, and they were extremely helpful and accommodating! -Mat Dessner
in Venice, FL |
I had suffered from severe dry eye for several years, and about 7 or 8 physicians in Florida were unable to help me. During my only visit to Dr. Wachler he significantly reduced my dry eye discomfort.
in Staten Island ny |
Went there with my godfather joseph who helped me with the whole trip. Dr.boxer Wachler and staff were all great.i remember Jen,Walter,John and janelle.all were great.dr. Wachler was fantastic in bringing healing to my keratoconus . He is very kind and compassionate and is an excellent eye dr..dr boxer personally called my godfather to see how I was the evening of my surgery. I am able to drive and my vision has been stable since then which was 9 years ago. Great experience,geatdr and team.
in Atlanta, GA |
I can’t say nothing but great things about Dr Boxer and his staff. Very professional and very knowledgeable.
in Las Vegas |
Hello everyone! I highly recommend seeing Dr. Boxer Wachler for your eye specialty needs. I needed eye whitening from sun damage and pigment in the eye. A few weeks after surgery my eye looked as if the imperfections were never there! I'm extremely happy with my results, with the awesome staff and Dr. Boxer's outstanding work! His moral ethic is impeccable too! Being I wanted both eyes done but only one was necessary. Thanks a million Dr. Boxer!!!????????
in Los Angeles, CA. |
Dr. Boxer Wachler and his team are amazing. I would highly recommend him to my family and friends.
in Simi Valley, CA |
An excellent experience re cataract surgery. I had lasik surgery a number of years ago which presents some challenges for future corrections. That was not a hurdle for Dr. Brian. I now have 20/20 vision. I highly recommend his institute as the to tend to your vision needs
in Los Angeles, CA |
The greatest doctor any where! I have been his patient since he was at Jules Stein in the early 1960s, and he continues to do research and develop marvelous treatments! He did cataract surgery in my eyes and I have excellent vision, close and far, in both eyes!! I recommended him to all my friends and they are completely satisfied with his work! His staff members are superb! They are very professional and friendly! It is the best eye care you can get any where! Joan Allemand, Ph.D.
Wenatchee ,Washintion |
I would highly recommend Dr. Boxer Wachler. I had the I-BRITE procedure about 6 weeks about and I'm thrilled with the results. I used to have large veins and pingueculas that made my eyes appear very red and irritated. The procedure was very simple, no pain, but do expect your eyes to be very red for the initial 2-4 weeks after. Each week I see an improvement and now they look and feel amazing! I couldn't be happier and Dr. Brian and his team are very professional and great to work with!
in Vancouver, BC |
I am so incredibly thankful to Dr. Brian for the successful procedures he performed on my eyes – he truly is the best of the best. The procedures I had done for keratoconus were Intacs, CK and Holcomb C3R – they were all totally painless and the recovery time was almost instant. The entire staff at the Boxer Wachler Vision Institute were all so professional and kind – I am very thankful to them as well as I was very nervous given the seriousness of my advanced keratoconus.
in Acton, CA |
Dr. Brian has been our doctor for many years and is, in a word, outstanding. He also is a wonderful person we regard as a good friend. Dr. Brian had developed a number of breakthroughs in ophthalmology.
Have you seen Dr. Brian Boxer Wachler, MD?
Are you Dr. Boxer Wachler?

See our Ophthalmology Specialists at West Hills Hospital & Medical Center