Dr. Brian Block, MD

Pain MedicineMaleAge 53

Telehealth services available

8322 Bellona Ave Ste 330 Towson, MD 21204

Dr. Brian Block, MD is a Pain Medicine Specialist in Towson, MD. Dr. Block has more experience with Spine and Pain Management than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Block to book an appointment.

Dr. Block's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Block

3.4

38.70967741935484%

Dr. Block?
  • Staff friendliness (19)
  • Office environment (18)
  • Appointment scheduling (17)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (8)
  • Long wait times (4)
  • Office environment (4)
Always excellent!
Arnie F – Oct 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Block, MD?
Dr. Brian Block has been my physician for several years now. He is fluent in the latest treatments and procedures to help those with life debilitating chronic pain. He takes the time to listen to you and offers various types of help. The office staff are always very friendly and professional. Personally, I feel like they go above and beyond. Even with the covid virus, the practice implementation Telehealth quickly and in a functional manner. Bottom line, if you are working hard for your personal health they are there to help.
VPJ – Jul 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Block, MD?
Dr. Block is on top of his game when it comes to helping people with chronic pain and is extremely educated in pain management. I find Dr. Block to be caring, direct, and concerned for my wellbeing and ability to function daily. I have received cortisone steroid injections in my cervical vertebrae to reduce inflammation, which has really helped me to move and feel better. In addition, Dr. Block's assistant, Sarah, is both personable and professional and always tries to accommodate my needs. I am so thankful to have Dr. Block in my life.
Apr 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Block, MD?
Just had a telehealth visit with Dr Block. Went marvelous, I updated him on my condition, he listened, sought further details, and provided clear recommendations. I've been seeing Dr Block for about 4 years concerning leg pain sciatica from three previous back surgeries. He has provided me with a pain management plan that's keeps pain levels subdued to a comfortable level. He has given me pain shots to the spine and offered and discussed other strategies for consideration. Great choice for pain management. His staff is a pleasure to work with, especially Sarah on the phone.
Apr 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Block, MD?
I had one appointment with Dr Brian Block. It was his attitude that caused me to become extremely uncomfortable thus loosing my TRUST in him. He looked at me with scorn, negative feelings flooded my mind. He had me fill out papers to identify Meds I am on in which Brand names/Generic names matching prevented a proper office visit, decreasing my time for a prudent decision relating to my care. After contemplating a weekend of negative thoughts about this doctor, I decided to cancel thus refusing to return. Whether he had a bad day or angry at me about something, I assumed about paperwork! Either way, his office had plenty of time to get the appropriate files. Also, Asley (new patient contact) never returned my calls in a timely way. So instead of accepting Dr Brain Block, I further delayed my care to searching for another doctor to take care of me. This process irritated me about this delay of care I was willing to endure my pain further!!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
CJ – Feb 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Block, MD?
I visited Dr Brian Block on a Wednesday (Jan 2020) for consult setting up an injection for Monday. His demeanor by my discernment was anger, was not friendly, he looked towards me like I was deserving scorn. Anyway, I decided I DO NOT TRUST this man putting a needle in my spine and went with a prudent approach never to return.
Chris B. Nemec, Maryland – Jan 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Block, MD?
Dr. Block removed infected fluid from my hip, diagnosis fortcoming. He carefully reviewed the procedure with me and expeditiously completed the procedure. I felt very positive about his knowledge and am pleased with his care.
Sep 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Block, MD?
If you are seeing Dr. Block as a patient monthly and not for just a procedure be aware that he doesn't listen!!! You can talk about what's going on with your pain level, where your pain is and fill out those stupid forms but he never hears you, doesn't look at the forms or look at your vitals. Because of one of the medications and dosage I was suffering with hypotension (low blood pressure)! I kept feeling dizzy and fainting, of which I made him aware. He ignored it. His secretary can be mean!!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
anonymous – Apr 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Block, MD?
I first met Dr. Block Dec. 2017. I cam to him after a failed lumbar surgery in Sept. 2017. II was referred to him by Dr. Steven Ludwig, who I found after other Surgeone & failed Lumbar Surgery. My 1st appointment with Dr. Block was 12/8/17. He and his staff were Very Professional, caring & concerned. As Dr. Block was performing my nerve block, Dr. Block, his surgical team, Nurses & Xray Tech explained everything step by step. They kept me very comfortable. I recommend Dr. Block to Everyone!
Terri Freson in Westminster – Mar 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Block, MD?
I have been a patient for over 2 years. I absolutely abhor pain killers, yet that is precisely what was prescribed and in dosages that would knock out a horse. My quality of life fell through the floor. As a mother, I could no longer responsibly drive my children anywhere. I felt I would be considered "under the influence" and did not want to put my children at risk. I saw Dr. Block about 4 times in the over 2 years as a patient. I have been shuffled from one P. A. to the next. It's just awful.
Baltimore, MD – Dec 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Block, MD?
He did not even come out to speak with us _husband & wife- after a procedure. He is very uncaring and obnoxious.
baltimore, md – Mar 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Block, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Block?

Our philosophy is guided by evidence-based, outcome-oriented research. We understand that chronic pain can impact all aspects of physical and psychological...Read more

Dr. Brian Block has a longstanding interest in translating scientific discovery to helping people live better lives. As a physician with board certifications...Read more

• Pain Medicine