Dr. Brian Blessinger, MD

Dr. Brian Blessinger, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Brian Blessinger, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Jasper, IN. He is 38 years old and has been practicing for 10 years.

1900 Saint Charles St

Jasper, IN 47546

• Ambetter
  • Anthem
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Cofinity

Learn about Dr. Blessinger

See how frequently Dr. Blessinger performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Back Pain
Low Back Pain
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Blessinger's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Interventional Spine Medicine

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Pelvic Fracture
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Pyogenic Arthritis
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Rib Fracture

• Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

• Rose-Hulman Institute Of Technology
  • Orthocarolina
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013
  • Rose-Hulman Institute Of Technology, Master Of Science Biomedical Engineering
    Other Education | Completed 2003

Dr. Blessinger has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Blessinger does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Blessinger and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Blessinger's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Blessinger to family and friends
Dr. Blessinger's Performance
in Washington, IN |
I liked Doctor Blessinger from my initial visit; the options he gave, explaining each, the injections that we tried and finally the very successful surgery. My six-month visit went very well with the Doctor cautioning me about the next six months, when I go in for my final examination. I would strongly recommend him for spinal issues of all kinds.
in Loogootee, In |
What a positive experience! I was a brand new patient showing up for my initial appointment. I had not even filled out my first name on the application and I was being x-rayed. He was in the examination room before my scheduled appointment time, I was in the MRI before I even knew it! Great personalities and "bedside manors" from start to finish. The good doctor explained my options in a way that even I could understand, LOL. I would recommend these professionals to anyone.
Huntingburg, IN |
Dr. Blessinger has a wonderful bedside manner. Our mother survived a surgery that honestly we didn't feel she would. She continues to make great progress,thanks to Dr.Blessinger!
in Santa Claus Indiana |
Dr Blessinger has very good bedside manners and is very caring. I had a spinal fusion with him and was told that I would likely not run as much. It will be three years in November 2017 and I just ran a half marathon in April 2017. I still run approximately 20 miles a week and have no back pain.
in loogootee, in |
Nice, friendly. Listened to what I had to say and got me the help I needed.
in Washington, IN |
Went to my family Doc, then Dr. Brower, then Dr. Blessinger. To make a long story short, everyone from start to finish was excellent. I've had this pain ,off and on, for at least 4-5 years. Now I i realize how bad I felt,because the. pain is gone. Five stars for everyone, from doctors , nurses, therapist, office help, well you get the point. I wish i had done this years earlier, but i was scared of all the stories you hear. No horror stories here, just fine care. Thank you. Robert Briggeman
in Petersburg, IN |
After tests, procedures, injections, X-rays, and therapy, I still was not getting any significant relief from the pain down my left leg! Then, I saw Dr. Blessiner! He was able to diagnose my problem immediately! He performed the less evasive surgery for spinal stenosis on my 4th and 5th lumbar. I have recovered very well, and am very happy with the results! Thank you Dr. Blessinger!
in jasper, in |
I had a total knee replacement and was a little concerned about having this done. Dr Blessinger took the time to explain everything in detail in terms that I could understand.
in Jasper, IN |
I herniated a disk in my back and had severe leg pain. Dr. Blessinger was very professional, friendly and kind. He did an excellent job of explaining my injury, prescribing medication to help with the pain and performing my subsequent surgery. I was well satisfied with my experience.
in Louisville, KY |
Could not be more pleased with the professionalism and skill of Dr. Blessinger. The office staff is friendly and helpful. He explained and showed me the x-rays and MRI results that was causing my problems. He also used models and drew sketches to further explain and make sure I understood. He has performed two surgeries on my lower spine for problems in two locations. The outcomes were excellent. Less invasive than what was recommended by Mayo Clinic.
in washington, in |
From the first time I met with Dr. Blessinger's NP (Will Walker), I felt comfortable. Dr. Blessinger is very professional at the same time very personable. My experience with surgery went very well thanks to the doctor & nurses. I am very satisfied with my experience & would definitely recommend Dr. Blessinger.
in Jasper, IN |
I went to Dr Blessinger for really bad back pain. All he did was a x-ray and told me nothing was wrong. That I had chronic back pain and that there was nothing anyone could do to fix me. I asked about treatment he said chiroprator,acupuncture, warm stones on your back it may help it may not. I asked about going back to work as I could barely stand. He said you're fine to go back to work norhing is wrong. Well it turns out I'm not ok I have a ruptured disc.
in Jasper IN |
Dr. Brian Blessinger Did a Balloon Kyphoplasty on my L3 Vertebrae on April 25. It has now been 4 weeks and I am experiencing zero pain. I will highly recommend Dr. Blessinger to anyone that needs any type of Orthopedic Surgery. He has in my opinion the most very current medical knowledge and shows so very much concern & care regarding his patients. I am very thankful that he was my doctor that did my back procedure.
in Huntingburg |
had the best experience with Dr. Blessinger, surgery went great everyone was kind and prompt. listened to what i had to say, and answered all my questions and concerns. would highly recommend anyone in need of a good orthopedic Dr. to go to this office and and make an appointment with Dr. Blessinger.
in Jasper,In. |
Dr. Blessinger is very caring and knowledgeable and when I first saw him he told me what he thought needed to be done and he was right on track. I had a bulge on a back disc and he trimmed off the bulge, when i woke up the pain in my leg from the bulged disc was completely gone. It has been 2 weeks since surgery and I feel as good as i ever did. I told him he was a miracle worker and will let everyone i see know how great of a surgeon he is.
in jasper, in |
I was having severe pain in my lower back.I went to see dr.blessinger he gave me a mri after the results he decided i needed to have surgery.He was able to get me in that next week which was great..The day of my surgery i was very nervous i have never been put out before..They treated me great all of them i would strongly recommend this facility to anyone very exceptional people..
in Odon, IN |
I am so grateful that I found Dr. Blessinger. I had been a patient of Dr. Norris for a leg replacement 5 years ago. When I started having so much back trouble I was told of Dr. Blessinger in the same office. I immediately felt at ease with him and explained my back trouble. After therapy and injection only worked for short periods we decided on surgery. For the first time in almost a year I am pain free! It was the right move for me and I am grateful to Dr. Blessinger for it!
Jasper, IN |
When I first went to see Dr. Blessinger, I was having numbness in my index finger and thumb with shooting pains into my elbow. He ordered a X-ray and a MRI and determined that I had a herniated disc and also a bulging disc. Dr. Blessinger performed a Anterior Cervical Disectomy and Fusion on me. The surgery was very successful and the numbness and pain were gone following my procedure. Dr. Blessinger and his staff were excellent during this.
jasper, in |
I highly recommend Dr. Blessinger. I had 2 disc replaced and the surgery was an instant success.
in jasper, in |
Dr. Blessinger made sure I was able to get an urgent care appointment immediately. Even though they were booked, he worked with his staff to get x-rays, MRI's, injection therapy, another urgent care appointment and surgery. He always made me feel like he truly cared about my medical problem, was personable and kind. I thank God for this man.
in Magnet, Indiana |
Dr. Blessinger did cervical spine surgery a few years ago on my husband and recently on me. He is the most friendly and personable doctor and never makes you feel rushed or a bother like I have experienced with some physicians. He did excellent work on both my husband and myself and we would definitely request to see him again should the need arise. You are in good hands with him. His nurse Kari is also very nice and very helpful.
jasper, in |
Great Job! We are very lucky to have spinal surgeon of Brian's caliber in our area!
in Taswell, In |
Dr. Blessinger is a brilliant spine surgeon. He's up to date on the newest innovations in spine surgery, and actually way ahead of most. I had suffered with a spondylolysthesis for nearly 8 years that was causing horrible sciatica. Dr. Blessinger preformed an OLIF fusion surgery, in which he approached my spine from the abdomen. Whew I awoke from surgery it was gone. Nine week later, he went in from the posterior side and added more hardware. I'm doing great! He's definitely my hero.
Huntingburg, IN |
Had surg on Nov 9 1916 Everything went well. Would recommend to others
in Tell City, IN |
After seeing a spine doctor in owensboro and saying all i had was a drop foot. Dr. blessinger looked at the same M R I and found i had a heriiated disc . The surgery went very well with no problems. He is very good I was walking with a walker when i saw the first doctor and with a cane , for a week after surgery.
in Ferdinand, IN |
I found Dr. Blessinger to be a kind and caring doctor. The best thing about my experience was waking up from surgery pain free. I had surgery on a ruptured disc in my neck. I was in a lot of pain going into surgery and amazed when I came out of surgery with no pain.
Have you seen Dr. Brian Blessinger, MD?
Are you Dr. Blessinger?