Dr. Brian Bannister, MD

Dr. Bannister
Telehealth services available

Progressive Pain Management LLC

802 W Park Ave Ste 223 Ocean, NJ 07712

Dr. Brian Bannister, MD is a Pain Medicine Specialist in Ocean, NJ and has over 19 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Upstate Medical University/ College of Health Professions medical school in 2002. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Monmouth Medical Center and Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Bannister to book an appointment.

Dr. Bannister's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bannister

4.4

Dr. Bannister
I see Renee and she is hands down the most helpful medical professional I see in NJ and I have several chronic illnesses on top of severe osteoporosis complicated with spinal stenosis. She really cares.
Holly Cole – Aug 15, 2020
I was referred to dr B by my rheumatologist. I was in so much pain I was just about bed ridden. I was at the end of my rope and things were getting so much worse. I was sick of all the pain pills and just wanted something to help me be comfortable. I started there in sept and by November I had my pain pump surgery. My life has already changed dramatically. He is the sweetest kindest and most understanding dr I have ever met. I have been to so many doctors that just want to write you off when you are in horrible pain. He was just the exact opposite. His office staff are some of the best people I ever met. You don’t feel judged you feel like you matter to them. If you are in pain especially in your back and legs you need to try the pain pump surgery. You no longer need to worry about the pills because you get the meds constantly through your spinal chord. I’m only 2 months out and I know I have a new lease on life because of him!
Bridget benintente – Jan 24, 2020
Excellent , caring and a Pro.
Andrew Marino in Woodbridge – Jun 03, 2019
I can’t say how my experience with Dr Bannister was because I never saw the man. It took rescheduling several appointments to see Dr Bannister only to finally end up with the nurse practioner. I thought the appointment was productive but how it actually played out was something I have NEVER experienced with a doctors office before. Rather than go into a VERY long story, in the end the whole experience cost me about 6 weeks of being in pain to no avail. I never got beyond that initial appointment with the nurse practioner and everything that transpired afterward was the most bizarre experience I’ve ever had with a doctors office. I had to find another pain management doctor and start all over again. I would NEVER recommend Dr Bannisters office. Since the recommendation to see Dr Bannister came from my GP I was sure to make an appointment and tell her that based on my experience she should never recommend his office to anyone ever again.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
D.A. in Toms River, NJ – Jun 03, 2019
Dr. Bannister was very compassionate towards the needs of my 91 yr. old mother. He takes time with his patients and understood the severity of my mother’s discomfort . In addition the staff in his office are very professional and offered excellent assistance when booking an appointment and insurance issues. The staff took the extra step to find out how my mother was feeling after she couldt not come in for a visit due to a fall . We are grateful for the Dr.. & his staff. Joanie Greene
Joan Greene in Morganville, NJ – Dec 16, 2017
Dr. Bannister and his team are out of this world excellent! Dr. Bannister really takes the time to listen to his patients along with getting the proper diagnostic testing done to better understand which treatment plan will work best for you. His bedside manner is by far the best there is out there! It's very difficult to find a Doctor who is knowledgable, understanding, caring, and properly tends to his patients needs. And the staff behind the Doctor is phenomenal!
Joe – Jun 23, 2017
I have several chronic issues leaving me unable to use several types of " normal pain relievers " I was extremely fortunate to find Dr Bannister, he is genuinely interested in every concern I have regarding my special circumstances. The staff is wonderful and attentive. Dr B,s choice of his PA was excellent, having chronic pain is horrible, having Two exceptionally well educated and caring Doctors make living with it bearable. I trust them completely , regarding my healing process,tolerable pain
Lisa M in Cliffwood Beach – May 31, 2017
Dr Bannister told me he would help me when two other doctors kept just giving me different medication. Just because of my handicapp i felt other doctors thought i was making up the fact that i had pain. Dr. bannister reviewed my mri with me and asked me questions for over 20 minutes. After everything he put me on a strict plan to better my health both physically and mentally. I owe him my life, i haven't slept through the night without pain in years. God bless him
Jennifer G in lavallette, NJ – Mar 24, 2017
I was referred to Dr. Bannaster by a friend and wow what an experience. After a horrible encounter with a previous pain doctor Dr. B truly restored my faith in the medical industry!! He was very thourough in my initial visit and offered me various treatment options after I was diagnosed. He kept me and my family in the loop throughout the entire process which kept my mind at ease. The office staff was also extremely kind and thoughtful towards my needs. Anyone with chronic pain should try him
Elizabeth, NJ – Mar 24, 2017
I have been a patient and happy with the service. dr bannister was honest with me about my prognosis and didn't pretend I would be perfectly fine. He gave me treatment options and educated my husband and I as to what the potential outcomes would be. I'm happy to say I am walking again and I lost weight, lol. Thank you so much! I have referred my daughter already.
Kristen in Hackensack, NJ – Mar 24, 2017
Today was my first visit with Dr. Bannister and it was a great experience. He was very thorough in explaining the procedures he felt would help with my back pain. He spent plenty of time with me answering all questions and did not rush the visit at all. I felt he was very genuine and compassionate. He made it very clear that His intentions are to find out the cause of my pain and do what's needed to address it and not just mask it with temporary fixes. Great office staff very friendly.
Pat F in Toms River, NJ – Feb 07, 2017
I visited Dr. Bannister's office today and had an excellent experience. He listened carefully to my health concerns and together with his PA, Renee, they charted out a course of therapy that they knew could provide me with relief. I would recommend their practice to anyone suffering from difficult to diagnose chronic pain conditions. Excellent diagnostician and listener. Compassionate and caring!
Bob Sosnowski in Manasquan, NJ – Jan 19, 2017
Dr. Bannister did not rush me through. I felt he listened to my needs and concerns. An added bonus is that the waiting room time was short. I highly recommend Dr. Bannister.
Patty in East Brunswick, NJ – Nov 17, 2016
This is a staff issue complaint. I had called the office twice for appointment,and had giving all information asked for by front desk. In turn i was told they would call back to confirm insurance which i had already checked with and said they accepted. My wife who is a practice manager elsewhere and over 20 years in the insurance had called also to follow up.. Dr. Came highly recommended by previous Dr.I used. A week later no return call,no messages. Front desk lost a big account for minor issue
Hazlet, NJ – Nov 11, 2016
THIS DOCTOR BANNISTER WAS SHOWED XRAYS OF MY PYLON FRACTURED ANKLE, BASICALLY THERE IS NO BONE FROM BOTTOM TIBIA DOWN, FIBULA, CRUSHED, JOINT SPACE CARTLIDGE CRUSHED AND NOT THERE. I WAITED 16 HOURS IN THE MOST PAIN I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW EXISTED. I WAIT A WEEK AND A HALF DUE TO HIM BEING ON VACATION, I WAIT FOREVER FOR HIM TO COME IN THE ROOM AND DECIDED TO NOT TELL HIM ABOUT ANOTHER PATIENT WHO WATCHED HIM STARE AT MY XRAYS, SAYING THIRNGS LIKE, THERES NO BONE WHERE THE METAL HOME MADE.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Julie in Manahawkin, NJ – Jul 14, 2016
Excellent doctor!!! Not only does he listen, and goes to above and beyond his skills as a professional competent practitioner to treat what's the matter to treat the whole patient!!! I have never had any doctor go to the degree to see to it that I am comfortable!!! He is a GODSEND!!! I am extremely satisfied to the high quality of medical and patient treatment I have been given by Dr. Bannister!!!
Paulette Ruby Boggs in East Orange, NJ 07050 – Jun 21, 2016
Just left dr. Banisters office. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Dr. Bannister was recommend to me through my Insirance. He was courteous listened to my issues and was very precise with a course of action. It was an excellent experience and I'm grateful to have found him. Looking forward to one day being pain free.
Amanda Lebkes in Neptune nj – Jun 18, 2016
Dr. Bannister makes you feel comfortable and explains all procedures fully.
Carmen Constantinople in Barnegat nNJ 08005 – Jun 07, 2016
He's is doctor that really cares about his patients... He listens and pays attention to every complaint that you may have .... He sees his patients as people with real medical problems ... Not as another co-pay
Susan in West long branch – May 27, 2016
Dr. Bannister was the only pain doctor in 8 years who correctly diagnosed, treated and got my back pain from a 9 to 2 without prolonged use of pain meds after an injury in Iraq. In my opinion there is not a better doctor out there to help you get your life back. I cannot make a higher recommendation for a healthcare provider. His staff and offices are incredibly well run, he is on time, he takes the time to talk to you and really get to the bottom of your ailment- A+++
Army Dave in Eatontown, NJ – Mar 08, 2016

How was your experience with Dr. Bannister?

• Pain Medicine