Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Brett Gunter, MD
Dr. Brett Gunter, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in West Columbia, SC. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 26 years. Dr. Gunter is affiliated with Lexington Medical Center.

146 N Hospital Dr

West Columbia, SC 29169

• American Republic
  • Golden Rule
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio

Learn about Dr. Gunter

Dr. Gunter's Experience

Dr. Gunter's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease

• Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Neurostimulation
  • Pituitary Gland Tumor Excision
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1991
  • Medical University Of South Carolina Medical Ctr
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1992
  • U Tenn Coll Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. Gunter has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gunter does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gunter and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gunter's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gunter to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Gunter's Performance
    GOOD
I have never ever experienced such a doctor or staff such as his, I am not leaving my name as I am scared too death of any repercussions. You will never receive a call back from this doctor all calls are screened by his staff. After spending over $100,000 and with my condition you would think he and his staff would be alot more freindly and sensitive to his patients. My health and well being are in serious jeopardy all due to the high horse they ride on.
West Columbia, SC |
My husband had an acute herniated disc. Dr. Gunter and his awesome PA, Andy saw us quickly and got him to the OR quickly. My husband woke up from surgery with no pain and was back playing golf, softball, and playing with our toddler in 3 months. Dr. Gunter was awesome!
in Gilbert, SC |
I had a 3 years of care with Dr. Gunter and have nothing but admiration for the man. I'm rather lucky to be leaving this survey for others as I had a subdural hematoma and was rushed to LMC for emergency surgery and he just happened to be available and I must say I was lucky in two ways. He addressed all my questions and we "brainstormed" together to get me through this and for that I am grateful and I would be remiss if I didn't mention Denise and the rest of the staff!
in Lexington, SC |
I had my back surgery exactly 2 months ago today. Dr. Gunter performed my surgery with Andy Palmer as his assistant. I couldn't be happier with my results!! Both of these professionals have treated me well and I highly recommend this team if you need back surgery.
in Irmo, SC |
I was referred to Dr. Gunter by my PCM and could not be more pleased. I underwent anterior cervical discectomy and arhtroplasty under his care today and all went very well. Every encounter with Dr. Gunter has been a great experience. He was very honest and open of my condition, recommendations and even the risks associated with the surgery. He answered every question I had and did so in a humble manner. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing his services.
Evans |
Most disrespectful doctor I ever encountered in my 42 years alive
Lexington, SC |
He was so rude. Wouldn't listen but just dictated his notes and would interrupt if you didn't specifically answer his question. Have never met a dr like him ever (thank goodness).
Columbia sc |
Very rude speaks away from you not to you very rude would not recommend to anyone.
in Irmo, SC |
I would not recommend Dr. Brett Gunter. He is busy, impatient, and belligerent. You only speak when he asks a question. He will not / can not drop down to anyone's level to explain anything. He does not explain medical conditions or situations, he just speaks. As I understand, his surgical skills are good, but I would not ask him questions because he does not welcome them and I do not understand his language. If it comes to surgery, I will have another colleague interpret his verbage.
in Columbia, SC |
Dr. Gunter did a C6/C7 disk replacement on Thursday and its Sunday and I feel 100% better, I am in no pain whatsoever. His staff was outstanding, and he was very professional and a great guy to deal with. I would recommend him any day of the year, just a great guy and did a great job.
Lexington, SC |
Doctor took his time to listen to my issues and make a plan that was best for me. His staff was very helpful.
in Gilbert, SC |
I suffered a subdural hematoma and was rushed to LMC at which time I came under the care of Dr. Gunter, if nothing else by default, he was available when I arrived. I have to say that he has been straight forward with me and my family during this adventure that we have been through. He has been thorough in his examinations and I like that you are in on his thought processes for treatment. I feel truly lucky to have him as my doctor and surgeon.
in Columbia, SC |
I saw Dr. Brett Gunter only 2 times for a workman's compensation injury before I fired him as my doctor. This man is a joke. to make a long story short, the first time he said I had arthritis and the second time told me I was born with a broken back. When in reality, per radiology report I had broken L-5 in 2 places and have a bulging disc. And was in severe pain. But he laughed it off like nothing was wrong. Stay away from this clown!!!!
Have you seen Dr. Brett Gunter, MD?
Are you Dr. Gunter?

Visit Dr. Gunter

Dr. Gunter accepts 12 insurance carriers
  • American Republic
  • Golden Rule
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio