Dr. Brett Greenky, MD

Dr. Brett Greenky, MD

Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics  |
Dr. Brett Greenky, MD is a joint replacement & reconstruction orthopedics doctor who practices in Liverpool, NY. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 33 years. Dr. Greenky is affiliated with Upstate University Hospital and Saint Joseph's Hospital Health Center.

5100 W Taft Rd Ste 1B

Liverpool, NY 13088

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice
  • CorVel
  • Elderplan
  • EmblemHealth

Learn about Dr. Greenky

See how frequently Dr. Greenky performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Internal Derangement of Knee
Osteoarthritis of Knee
Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain

Dr. Greenky's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Knee Injuries
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp

• Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment
  • Spinal Nerve Block

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Northwestern University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1979
  • SUNY Upstate Medical University (Syracuse)
    Medical School | Graduated 1984
  • Upstate Medical University/ College Of Health Professions
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989
  • The Otto Aufranc Fellowship In Reconstruction At New England Baptist Hospital ( Harvard and Tufts Universities)
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1985

Dr. Greenky has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Greenky does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Greenky and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Greenky's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Greenky to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Greenky's Performance
Syracuse, NY |
My first appointment with Dr. Greenky was a very good and comforting experience. Dr. Greenky put me at ease almost immediately. He is easy to talk to, seems to have ESP and made me feel he is as good as everyone says he is. He speaks in terms you can understand. I'm feeling much better about my upcoming surgery. I'll have my second appointment with him in two weeks just before my surgery.
in Clay, NY |
I would recommend dr Greenkey to everyone that need a hip, or knee replacement. Dr Greenkey gave me a much better life after being in pain for six years. No one seemed to know what was wrong. They thought it was my back. When I found out it was my hip, I was lucky enough to get dr Brett Greenkey. I cannot say enough about him. Fabulous results have come from my surgery.
in Liverpool, NY |
My experience was as great as it possibly could be. I had a carpel tunnel operation in the 90s. The results were successful & have remained that way 25 years. Dr. Greenky's professionalism, attitude, & kindness haven't changed. He also takes as much time as the patient needs. This is the exact reason why I came back to Dr. Greenky. He will be doing an operation on the other arm soon. My finance' was with me. He was extremely impressed. Both of us would also refer him to anyone.
in Fayetteville, ny |
Dr.Greenky listened to my concerns. Answered my questions patiently using language I understood. He was actually quite funny at times.
in Jamesville, NY |
I was seen promptly by the Doctor. He quickly diagnosed my problem and administered a cortisone injection. Brett is always cheerful and a pleasure to see.
Ithaca, NY |
Dr Greenky has replaced one shoulder, and one of my knees. He always answers all my questions, and I usually come with a list! I've referred several of my friends and my mother to him. All have also had good experiences.
in Mattydale, NY |
Dr. Greenky explained exactly what the procedure was going to be and what to expect after my total hip replacement. All information was accurate. My recover has been wonderful, and the pain way less than I had expected. For the past 5 days I have only used Tylenor for my pain. At 10 days post op I am able to walk/move around my house with the aide of a walker, do some stairs with the aide of a cane. I'm very grateful to Dr. Greenky.
Oneida, NY |
I can't thank Dr. Greenky enough for all my surgery has done for me! I have been able to do so many things that I was not able to do before the surgery! It has made a great difference in my life. THANK YOU! Dr. Greenky!
in Parish, NY |
Dr. Greenkey has performed several procedures on me over the years. always with good results, For a variety of reasons I have gone to other Doctors for joint problems,but have not had the same good results as with Dr. Greenkey.
in Hannibal, NY |
Dr. Brett Greenky was very caring and had a great bedside manner. He helped me feel very comfortable about the surgery that he would be performing on my knee. My after surgery was just as gratifying. Dr. Greenky is a caring doctor. I would highly recommend him to anyone. He is tops, in my opinion, in the profession.
in Parish, NY |
Excellent at every visit
Tully, NY |
I have recently started the process of a total knee replacement, my first replacement surgery was 2/2014 and was a complete success. This second surgery I hope will be the same on my other leg. I am very confident in Dr. Greenky and his surgical experience.
in Cape Vincent, NY |
I am very pleased with my visits with Dr. Greenky. I would highly recommend him to others. My only complaint is I thought I would be scheduled by now for my left hip. My right hip is doing great I have some discomfort at times with it. But all and all Dr. Greenky is the best.
Cicero, NY |
He told me that I had to lose weight before any decision would be made to repair left knee due to torn miniscus. I am working on that right now and am not experiencing too much pain. He advised me to get on a bike to strengthen the muscles around the knee. If pain gets too intense, he advised me to return for a steroid shot.
in Liverpool, NY |
Dr Brent Greenkey is the best Doctor in the world, he performed surgery on me once before. The end results was excellent. He's kind, patient, answers questions with clarity. He knows his stuff??. I highly recommend him. I'm going into round two surgery with him with high expectations, Lord willing I will recover a winner again.
Amissville, VA |
Brett Greenky is the gold standard of surgeons. A joint replacement operation is about a lot more than just the knee joint. It's about blood, about heart issues, about anything that can go wrong. Greenky is the best at all that, setting aside that after thousands of joint replacements whatever you bring to the operating table is something he's seen before. I enjoy him. He answers every question, tells you how it is, and doesn't waste your time.
in Baldwinsville, NY |
Dr. Greenky gave me my happy life back - I can now do my daily one hour outside walks again with no pain or difficulty, as well as all daily activities - thank you Dr. Greenky !!
in Massena, NY |
Knee pain. He gave me a cortisone injections and reasured me that I would be just fine. and so far he was right
Skaneateles, NY |
Dr. Brett Greenky always explained things to me and always had time to talk to me for a few moments.
in Fulton, NY |
Very straightforward, knowledgeable man. He always answered my questions simply and truthfully.
Liverpool, NY |
Great surgeon but no bed side manner. I was really hurting and concerned and he just felt I didn't take meds so that's why I was in trouble.
Baldwinsville, NY |
Dr Greenky was friendly, listened to my issues and asked me questions to fully understand my problem. He reviewed x-rays and took a few more of different angles. After his exam he gave me a sheet with exercises and went over each with me to be sure a I knew what to do. He answered all questions and did not rush.
in North Syracuse, NY |
I had bilateral hip replacement with Dr. Greenky. The time from my first appointment to my surgery was quick. I have been extremely satisfied with the results, going from being in constant pain to no pain is amazing to me. Very happy with my decision to have this procedure.
in Syracuse, NY |
Highly recommend.
in Pennellville, NY |
Dr. Greenky took the time to actually listen to me and ask me questions. I enjoyed his sense of humor!!
Liverpool, NY |
Dr. Greenky was very nice and explained my problem where I understood it. He didn't rush me and answer all my questions..
in Liverpool, NY |
Dr. Greenky is accessible, very easy to talk to. He takes his time to explain exactly what to expect. Great communicator.
in Liverpool, NY |
Very competent but also personable. I have been an RA patient for over 30 years and have met many orthopedists, I consider Dr. Greenky to be in my top 5%!!!
in Apalachin, NY |
Dr. Greenky knows his stuff! An exceptional surgeon, my recuperation time from a partial knee transplant was quick, and pain from the surgery was well managed.
in Fayetteville, NY |
He told me he would do one thing in my knee surgery and instead did something more extensive. Prior to the surgery he never explained it was even a possibility. The result of my knee surgery was terrible. My knee is far worse off than it was before the surgery. I never would have agreed to what he did if I'd been asked in advance. I've since read and been told that what he did should not be done to someone my age. Having surgery with this doctor was the biggest mistake I've made.
It was excellent. After two knee replacements everything was wonderful and I am so much better
Have you seen Dr. Brett Greenky, MD?
Are you Dr. Greenky?

Visit Dr. Greenky

Dr. Greenky accepts 43 insurance carriers
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
    Medicaid
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • CareSource
  • Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
  • Fidelis Care
    HealthNet
    Tricare
  • HealthNow New York, Inc.
  • HealthPlus
  • Martin's Point
  • Midwest Health Plan
  • Molina Healthcare
    Medicaid
    Integrated Health Plan (IHP)
  • MVP Health Care