Dr. Brett Braly, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Brett Braly, MD
Dr. Brett Braly is a board certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic spine surgeon offering complete care for the cervical, thoracic and lumbar regions of the adult and aging spine. A native Oklahoman, Dr. Braly received residency and fellowship training at prestigious institutions and is excited to offer both traditional and new techniques in treating the adult and aging spine. He is Oklahoma City's only surgeon to be admitted to the Society of Lateral Access Surgery and is a leading advocate for the use of minimally disruptive techniques for spinal surgery.

Dr. Braly's Experience

See how Dr. Braly's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Braly

Dr. Braly accepts 22 insurance carriers

Dr. Braly is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Braly has admitting privileges.

Dr. Braly's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Braly to family and friends
    Dr. Braly's Performance
    in Edmond, OK |
    I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Braly. From the time I went in for my first consultation to the date of my discharge - I have been very impressed with him and his staff. He was very thorough and explained things in a way that I understood them. I cannot express enough how great it was working with him. He made me feel very secure and confident.
    in Calumet, Oklahoma. |
    Dr Braly was fantastic. He explained everything to me and my husband in a manner that we understood. He showed us what the problem was and how it can be treated. He was not in a rush for surgery. We were impressed with his staff and their friendliness.
    in Tuttle, OK |
    I had bad right arm and shoulder pain due to spinal cord and nerve compression. I had just moved to Oklahoma City from Lubbock, Texas and met Dr. Braly to discuss my options. He and his PA assistant, Shailynne, were able to get me scheduled for C3-C7 posterior laminoplasty surgery on July 15. All I can say after being out of surgery over 2 weeks is what a great surgeon. Pain is mild now and I quit taking pain pills after 5 days and now am driving and feel like I am recovering very well.
    in Oklahoma City, OK |
    I had spinal fusion with Dr. Braly July 20 of 2016. I would highly recommend him to anyone facing back surgery. He is kind as well as skillful, and all associated with the surgery was pleasant, and my recovery went extremely well. I am not totally pain free, but am much better than prior to the surgery, and can enjoy exercising, water aerobics, and zumba gold, all being part of my daily life now. I am definitely glad I had the surgery, and that Dr. Braly was the one doing it.
    in Bethany, OK |
    I had cervical discectomy and fusion of C4-5, C5-6, and C6-7. My care by Dr. Braly and his PA was outstanding. My recovery was quick and I was pain free in no time. I would recommend Dr. Braly and Community Hospital to anybody that is in need of spine surgery. Don't put it off like I did, it's not as bad as you might think. Larry Winnard, A.T.,C / LAT
    in Oklahoma City, OK |
    If you want a talented back surgeon with a very wonderful and attentive staff, Dr. Brett Braly, his PA Shea and entire office staff will exceed your highest expectations. They even answer their office phone and return calls promptly. Only 10 weeks out from surgery and doing very well - - and expected to get better each day. Dr. Braly is an excellent surgeon and a good person.
    in Oklahoma City, OK |
    Dr. Braly was very knowledgeable about my condition and gave me options to try before surgery was considered. He answered all my questions and I felt very confident in his opinion and expertise. I could not have been happier with the surgery outcome. The staff at his office is friendly and helpful.
    in Oklahoma City, OK |
    I suffered from pain running down the side of my leg for 3 years. My previous Doctor told me that I had a nerve problem and he recommended injections. I had three injections and the pain returned. I switched Doctors and was sent to Doctor Braly. He looked at my MRI and told me that I had a cist in my back that was pushing against a nerve on my back. He performed surgery and I immediately felt better. He also told me that the MRI showed severe arthritis on my right hip. I will have hip surgery.
    in Wilson, OK |
    I have nothing but praise for Dr. Braly. He gave me back my life! Because of an unsuccessful 3-disc fusion in 2011 my life was nothing but pain & homebound. So thankful I found this gifted surgeon. He's one of the most caring doctors I've ever had. I HIGHLY recommend Dr Braly.
    in Oklahoma City, OK |
    What a positive experience!! My back pain is gone. He told me upfront that my ankle pain might not be corrected by the surgery. But, it was. I can walk without back or ankle pain for the first time in years. My recovery was much better and faster that I expected. At 69, I was expecting more difficulty. I credit his surgical technique. For me the decision to have this surgery (fusion, 2 rods, 4 screws) was the right one. Thank you Dr. Braly.
    in Norman, OK |
    Can't say enough good about Dr Braly. He kept me well informed up to surgery, prayed with me before surgery, and followed up with concern after surgery. It is 3 months after an L3-4-5 fusion. I have had 1 month of PT and have now played 63 holes of golf! Highly recommend him as a great surgeon and greater human being!
    Wewoka, OK |
    Dr. Braly, his staff, and the staff at Community Hospital are excellent!! I had neck surgery at the end of December and feel like a new person. I returned for my 6 week follow-up and my xrays signified his perfection. Dr. Braly was extremely thorough, very personable, and takes pride in his expertise. I will HIGHLY recommend Dr. Braly and Community Hospital.
    in Altus, OK |
    Dr. Braly was an answer to many prayers. I was hurt at work and couldn't walk over 10 feet due to pain in my hip and ankle and was unable to stand up straight. Herniated discs pressing on my sciatic nerve. I had a laminectomy and discectomy on October 3rd. The afternoon of my surgery physical therapy was there to get me up to walk and I was able to stand up straight. I hadn't been able to do that in 6 months. I highly recommend Dr. Braly and his staff. They are awesome.
    in Yukon, OK |
    Dr Braly is an excellent surgeon and I would highly recommend him. I was nervous about having surgery but he put me at ease from the first office visit to prayer he had with me before surgery to his follow up the following day in the hospital. He's knowledgeable and personable. Also the staff at Community Hospital were great.
    in Ponca City, OK |
    For the last 9 years, I have tried to find a doctor who would tell me what the cause of my back and hip problems. We have seen seven doctors in the Chicago area, the Houston area and Tulsa. We decided to try Dr. Braly. He diagnosed the problem as stenosis in less than one hour with an MRI. He told us more about the reason for my pain in 20 minutes than any other doctor in 9 years. He explained it clearly and gave us the options. I had a laminectomy. I am pain free in less than 2 weeks!
    in Oklahoma City, OK |
    Doctor Braly did cervical spine surgery on me on August 29th 2016. He is an excellent surgeon and I was very fortunate to get him for my surgery. He is a very compassionate man and is wonderful with patients. I am recovering from my surgery extremely well thanks to Doctor Braly and I would recommend him highly to anyone needing spine surgery.
    in Stillwater, OK |
    He is Excellent! Not only as a doctor but as a human being. Dr. Braly and his staff are the greatest dr. Office I've ever been in. Took care of me from my first phone call till right now 7 weeks post surgery. He has fixed my back and I can't thank him and his staff Nd Community Hospital North Campus. Excellent care. So professional. I would recommend everyone I know to him. Janet Graham.
    in Oklahoma City, OK |
    I have had pain for ten years! I went to doctor after doctor thinking I had a bad knee replacement. No one helped me. OSSO and Dr. Braly were the first to say it was my back. The first to really care. After surgery, my pain decreased about 90%. Today I have 0 pain! My life has completely changed!!!! I would highly recommend Dr. Braly and his amazing staff! I couldn't have asked for a better experience! I can honestly say my surgery has changed my life!!!!
    in Crescent, OK |
    My experience with Dr. Braly and his staff was excellent, he explained everything very clearly and was always there if I had any questions. It has been four months since my fusion and I feel perfect!
    in Wellston, OK |
    Dr Braly is truly professional & friendly. He explained in detail the procedure he recommended for my condition, what I could expect after surgery & patiently answered all my questions. Dr Braly came to see me before surgery & answered questions my family had making them feel at ease. Furthermore, he asked if he could pray with us before surgery & was so eliquent & humble I knew God, not "chance", put him in charge of my health & ultimately my life. The surgery went well & I'm recovering nicely
    in Edmond, OK |
    Brett correctly analyzed and suggested the minimal surgery to correct the problem which I did. The outcome immediately after the surgical procedure was a 90% decrease in pain, and so far after three months was highly successful and made me nearly pain-free early in the recovery process. Oh, the main reason I picked Brett for my surgeon choice other than feedback from a friend who was a prior patient of his with a similar back ailment was because I discovered God is his co-pilot so to speak.
    in Edmond, OK |
    I saw several doctors who could not help me. I suffered from back pain that manifested a little differently and not one of the previous physicians that I saw could identify the problem. Dr. Braly understood my problem and fixed it. He is not only talented but also kind and very thorough. I recommended him to my sister-in-law and would recommend him to anyone and everyone with back trouble.
    in Okc OK |
    Not good follow up. I had to continue calling in for things the doctor said they would do. Also he seemed inexperienced and was not the best listener.
    in Edmond, OK |
    I would be and advocate for Dr.Braly. I had a herniated and highly aggravated disc that Dr Braly did surgery on for me. What I would experience before and after surgery is exactly what Dr Braly had informed me. Dr.Braly is knowledgeable, confident and most importantly, has his faith. Well done, i feel amazing.
    in Oklahoma City, OK |
    I was so nervous about my appointment with Dr. Braly. I have had back pain for years and was terrified when my family doctor recommended a spine surgeon. Dr. Braly was honest about my condition in our first appointment and informed me of all possible treatment options, including surgery, but made sure I understood that he would like me to pursue non-surgical treatments before pursuing surgery. His office staff is wonderful and have always been kind and helpful. I highly recommend him!
    Have you seen Dr. Brett Braly, MD?
    Are you Dr. Braly?

Dr. Braly says...

Dr. Brett Braly is a board certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic spine surgeon offering complete care for the cervical, thoracic and lumbar regions of the adult and aging spine. A native Oklahoman, Dr. Braly received residency and fellowship training at prestigious institutions and is excited to offer both traditional and new techniques in treating the adult and aging spine.

Dr. Braly's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Malpractice claims in Oklahoma not available

Dr. Braly has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Oklahoma.

Why It Matters: Dr. Braly's Board Certifications

• Broken Neck
    • Lumbar Spine Fracture
    • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
    • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
    • Pathological Spine Fracture
    • Pseudoarthrosis

University of Oklahoma / Health Sciences Center

Graduated in 2008

University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC)

Completed in 2013

Emory University

Completed in 2014

University of Oklahoma

Graduated in 2004

Dr. Braly does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Braly and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery
    • Orthopedic Neck Surgery
    • Orthopedic Spine Reconstructive Surgery
    • Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Anterior Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery With Fusion
    • Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery (ALIF)
    • Cervical Disc Replacement
    • Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery
    • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
    • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
    • Herniated Disc Surgery
    • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
    • Laminectomy
    • Laminoplasty
    • Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery (PLIF)
    • Spinal Fusion