Dr. Bret Boyle, DO

Dr. Bret Boyle, DO

Wound & Burn Care  |

Dr. Boyle began his medical career in Santa Barbara, CA as a nurse's aide where he developed a caring and compassionate heart for the sick, wounded and disabled. After 6 years in this capacity he went on to medical school. He furthered his training in both Family and Aviation Medicine in the U.S. Army. After 10 years of world wide, diverse military service, he returned stateside to complete a one-year fellowship at Duke University in Hyperbaric Medicine and Wound Care. He continued his military service and became Chief Physician of the U. S. Army's only Wound and Hyperbaric Center in Augusta, Georgia. For 4 years he treated many battle-wounded soldiers along with more common types of problem wounds while serving as a special consultant to the Army Surgeon General. After leaving the military in 2008, Dr. Boyle and family, relocated to Utah, where he continues his mission; to provide excellence in individual medical care with genuine compassion. Dr. Boyle has elevated Wound Care to a Speciality by showing the necessity of proper wound care management to reduce infection, amputation and death. From Dr. Boyle's unique skills set he brought to Utah's Medical Service bedside, hands-on wound care to residents of 15 different skilled nursing facilities, while teaching, training and guiding the nursing staff to improve overall prevention and care. He also has worked closedly with Home Health and Hospice agencies to teach and train their nursing staff for how to best provide good wound care to their patients. Three years later, he opened a private wound care practice which he named, 'Physician Wound Care' which is on the St. Mark's Hospital campus central building, 3rd floor above the ER, where he continues to provide specialty care to those with Wound Care needs. Dr. Boyle is Board Certified in: Family Medicine Advanced Wound Care Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine

Physician Wound Care Specialists of Utah

• Careplus
  • CareSource
  • CeltiCare Health
  • Community Health Choice
  • Direct Care America/Primary Health Services (DCA/PHS)

Learn about Dr. Boyle

Dr. Boyle's Experience

Dr. Boyle's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Wound & Burn Care
  • Board certified in Aerospace Medicine, Family Practice and Undersea & Hyperbaric Medicine

This content was provided by Dr. Boyle "Millions of people from all walks of life and all ages struggle with various types of non-healing skin wounds. These "problem" wounds fail to respond to standard treatments due to any number of often hidden, underlying issues. Our staff has been trained to identify and treat the diverse conditions that often upset the normal healing process. Working with the body's natural processes, we can inspire the healing of even the most persistent wounds."

• Wound & Burn Care

• Diabetic Wound Care
  • Skin Grafts
  • Wound Care and Management
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• Westmont College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1989
  • Western University Of The Health Sciences, College Of Osteopathic Medicine Of The Pacific
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • Pacific Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1994
  • Tripler Army Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Duke University School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Boyle has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Boyle does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Boyle and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

St. Mark's Hospital

is a Healthgrades Top-Rated Hospital

2017 Five Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis

View Ratings

Dr. Boyle's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Boyle to family and friends
Dr. Boyle Says:

Thank You for trusting me with your Wound Care needs!

Dr. Boyle's Performance
in North Salt Lake |
I had a sore on my toe that had not healed for four months. I was originally referred to an IHC facility, but we were weary of their billing practices (facility charge, etc) and were luckily were recommened to the Physicians Wound Care Specialists of Utah and Dr. Boyle. WOW! From Kerri to Christian to Dr. Boyle, everyone was so nice, very informative, and very friendly. My toe is healing well. Thank you. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Boyle and his staff.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr.Boyle was very caring and understanding! The staff were always welcoming and personable. I had fought a wound for months trying to get it to heal as well as two surgeries to cut out infection. After trying to get into numerous wound clinics we found Dr.Boyle and could not have been more impressed! The office got me in fast and immediately started me on a path of healing. Within the first week I saw more progress than we had seen in months! I am extremely grateful and would highly recommend!!!
in St George, UT |
II was initially referred to Dr Boyle by my internal medicine physician when I developed a wound that would not either heal or close. Within a very short time, Dr Boyle was able to get the wound both closed and healed. II found Dr Boyle to be extremely personable and exceptionally competent. He is exceptionally well trained and utilizes the latest most up to date methods of wound care and wound care management.
in Murray, Utah |
Dr Bret Boyle and his staff are incredible. I sustained some wounds after a reduction mammaplasty. The surgeon I had didn't follow up with me very well and basically left me to fend for myself to attain the help I needed for my wounds. God lead me to Dr. Boyle. Because of him and his team and I am on my way to recovery now. My husband and I are very grateful for his help. Thank you Dr. Boyle to you and your awesome staff!!
in North Salt Lake City |
My general doctor referred me to the IHC hospital on State St. We previously had been burned by this hospital doing a procedure that was out of network and not covered by my insurance. We called ahead to find out if my toe procedure would be covered by my insurance. After being transferred three times and being on hold all together over 30 minutes, we were finally told, that no, it was out of network, and would not be covered by my insurance. Oh no! Now what? Luckily we were referred to you.
in West Jordan, UT |
Dr. Boyle is my wound savior! I had wounds on both of my shins, and due to my skin condition I wasn't able to get one of the wounds to make any healing progress in over a year. Dr. Boyle had each of my wounds showing progress in their healing within two weeks. He' s a great doctor with a great staff making the office very pleasant and easy to work with. Thank you to all at Dr. Boyle's practice.
in Rock springs wyoming |
I had a surgical wound that has struggled healing for a year and Dr Boyle got it to heal and close in 1 month! He is the BEST! His staff is great!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
My wound is healed and I am amazed at the progress we made the last couple months. I would highly recommend Dr. Boyle!
Salt Lake City, UT |
I really appreciate Dr. Boyle expertise and knowledge for curing my wounds!
Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr Boyle and his staff were always helpful and informative, and accommodating of my schedule. I can highly recommend!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I like the way Dr. Boyle is so friendly and shakes my hand every time. He isn't afraid to experiment giving me the best treatment to heal my wound. When he is stumped he continues to find new approaches to use to heal my wounds. I was so impressed because I could tell he was thinking about and new ideas to try. This always gave me hope. As a result my wounds are HEALED! The whole staff are an absolute delight; very friendly and personable!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Wonderful office atmosphere and Dr Boyle was informative, patient, and caring. His wife was very friendly and made me feel like I was part of the family. I felt so comfortable! I see so many doctors who are so sterile lacking any personality or warmth but this experience was total opposite! I will definitely tell others about this clinic.
Salt Lake City, UT |
My experience with Dr. Boyle was 100% positive. Kind but to the point medical care. Relieved my fears and treated my blistered frostbite gently. Gave me clear instructions on how to continue treatment and provided the necessary supplies at little to no mark-up. Highly recommend.
in West Valley City Ut |
Dr Boyle has been fantastic. He is a expert in his field. I would strongly recommend him. His staff is great . We wished we had found him years ago. He is wonderful doctor. My wife and I give him and his staff 10 stars. A big thanks for all you have done for Dorothy
in West valley city, Utah |
Dr. Boyle is great! He listened and answered all my questions and spent lots of time going over procedures he wanted me to follow. His staff were always kind and considerate and I appreciated never having to wait long.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Boyle was kind and through with giving much education and took care of my problem in one visit. He also made good recommendations to avoid future problems. All his staff are 5 stars! Definitely I will return for any future treatment.
Montreal, QC |
The orthopedic surgeon who operated on my diabetic cousin after a foot injury neglected to provide proper wound care post surgery for over 4 months, after which the wound deteriorated and bone was at risk of infection. The surgeon encouraged her to consider amputation. Dr. Boyle came highly recommended from professional contacts. He has been a blessing for my cousin and brought hope back in few weeks. He is very knowledgable, honest, compassionate, & committed to giving his patients best care
Salt Lake City, UT |
We had been seeing dr Boyle for a wound my daughter got from a surgery,. And a thought he was very friendly and go son chritian was great our problem started with Carrie aka Dr's wife and after my daughter lost her baby we had to cancel one day and Carrie was rude, and this got us to seek another wound clinic and after going to the new dr. We learned all the bad things that was causing my daughter's wound to not heal so they could keep making money from us using out I date products not sterlle
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I throughally enjoyed my visit with Dr. Boyle and his entire staff is terrific! I would highly recommend them!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I think the staff is friendly,well trained and excellent. Dr. Boyle is so compassionate,caring and exceptionally skillful physician. He is exceptionally well trained in wound care. I would Highly recommend him. His wife is adorable and skilled at office procedures.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Excellent customer service and very friendly!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I really am impressed with Dr. Boyle's compassion and ability to make you feel important to him. I have never had a doctor that is so concerned with my care. I have been to other wound clinics over the last several years and the mostly have RN's running the show. There is a big advantage to having a Physician see you as your wound heals. I have been seeing Dr ,Boyle for the last 3 months, and would never consider going to anyone else for wound care. The staff is very competent and friendly.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
We were very impressed from the first time we walked in everyone was so friendly and seemed so knowledgeable about the wound. Each time we came in everybody knew us and treated us like family. I was impressed with how pleasant the staff was and how well they handled phone calls and patients. I will tell everyone about them!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I have never met anyone like Dr. Boyle. I was so distressted about my wound as I had been both to St. Marks ER and IMC ER without an answer. St. Marks told me to go to Dr Boyle. He has been amazing! For 4 long months he patiently and kindly dressed my wound and always made me feel as if I was the only patient of the day. You'd be crazy not to go to him! His office staff makes you feel so welcome and comfortable. Honestly, you feel like family when you arrive and when you leave. Perfect! Perfect!
in west jordan Ut |
Dr Boyle and staff are caring and gentle. My wound healed more quickly than expected under their care!
in Murray, Utah |
Dr. Boyle and his staff are amazing!
in Cora |
Amazing!
in Sandy |
Awesome!!!
in Sandy |
It was a super experience in healing of my wounds. Dr. Boyle knows so much about my wounds and I think he is Awesome!
in Pleasant Grove, Utah |
It's been a pleasure working with such a knowledgable dr and friendly staff! Highly recommended!
in UT |
Friendly and comprehensive service. Dr. Boyle got the sores on my legs to heal and for that I am most appreciative.
Have you seen Dr. Bret Boyle, DO?
Are you Dr. Boyle?

• CeltiCare Health
    CarePlus
  • Community Health Choice
    Medicaid
  • Direct Care America/Primary Health Services (DCA/PHS)
  • Employee Health Systems
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Husky Health
  • inHealth
  • INTotal Health
    Medicaid
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Midwest Health Plan