Dr. Brent Taylor, MD

Dr. Brent Taylor, MD

DermatologyMaleAge 38

Dr. Brent Taylor, MD is a Dermatologist in Spartanburg, SC. Dr. Taylor has more experience with Mohs Surgery, Dermatologic Oncology, and Cosmetic Dermatology than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with Piedmont Mountainside Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Taylor to book an appointment.

Advanced Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery - Spartanburg

Visit Website
Advanced Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery - Spartanburg1650 Skylyn Dr Ste 402 Spartanburg, SC 29307
    • Sat: closed

• Offers Telehealth This provider offers telehealth appointments. Schedule an appointment.

More Dermatologists at Advanced Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery - Spartanburg

Dr. Taylor's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Taylor

4.4

Dr. Taylor?
  • Office environment (17)
  • Staff friendliness (17)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (16)
  • Appointment was rushed (2)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (2)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (2)
Long time patient. Had multiple MOHS surgeries both with him and with others. Dr. Taylor does great work. He spends the most time with me. More than all other derms I've visited. Always very thorough exams. I never feel rushed. Sometimes I have to wait a while for my appointment if he is in a surgery that ran over. Office is clean and nice. Staff very welcoming. They seems to really like their job and each other. MOHS are always as good as can be. Always given a very close estimate for the surgery. They are always very honest about my ability to wait and give me several options for treatment. My scars are nonexistent. They usually take 3 or 4 months to really heal to the final result. My face spots healed more quickly. Nurses called to check on me. I genuinely trust his expertise. He never feels like a salesman. Have recommended everyone to come here and will continue.
Evans – Jul 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Taylor, MD?
Very good reconstruction on nose. Very courteous and professional. Great office staff.
Nov 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Taylor, MD?
Really great dermatologist. Gives very thorough body exams. Kind, attentive and welcoming. Explains everything well. Front desk did a great job explaining my coverage for a procedure and gave me a written estimate. Nurses called the next day to check on me. Felt really comfortable and in capable hands the entire time. It’s been 5 weeks and my scar is barely visible. Just a bit red which I was told will lessen with time. Excellent experience. Clean beautiful office.
Denise – Oct 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Taylor, MD?
Told my wife insurance would cover procedure if submitted 3 times. They only submitted 2 times. Waited to bill me couple years later after I changed companies. Charge big for couple of x-rays and sometime talking. Did no surgical procedure of any kind. Cost $500+.
Mar 27, 2019
I believe you have the wrong office: we are a...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Taylor, MD?
Great doc. Does excellent reconstruction work. Fixed a bad scar I had from a dog bite on my cheek that was supposedly fixed 7 years ago by a plastic surgeon. Was told by the plastic surgeon thats the best I can hope for. Dr. Taylor did a fantastic job. Took about an hr to do and maybe 10 weeks to fade completely away which was exactly what he said. Worth every penny. Seems like a really good guy. Not pretentious. Very likeable.
Mike in Milton, GA – Feb 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Taylor, MD?
An outstanding dermatologist who seems to be highly educated in other fields as well. He is very patient, intelligent, kind and likable. His surgical skill is excellent. I've had 2 cysts removed from my neck whose scars are now completely gone. He was extremely comforting and explained all of my treatment options beforehand. He made jokes and we told stories of our kids during the procedure. It was nice to have a skilled doctor with a personality! I cannot recommend enough!
Deidre in Milton, GA – Jan 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Taylor, MD?
Dr Taylor is no longer my Dr..ridiculously over priced and dont even think about calling to get a prescription refilled cause they want to see you so they can charge you for an office visit ..stay away !
Terry Anderson in Roswell, GA – Jan 31, 2019
We are so sorry to hear of your disappointment...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Taylor, MD?
Had Mohs on the tip of my nose with Dr Taylor. He took the time to explain the surgical process and the healing time/what to expect. I really appreciate all of the counseling and compassion. I never felt rushed. True to his word & timeline it was about 3 months before the spot was unnoticeable. And it really is completely invisible. He had me back in at 4 months to make sure I was happy with the result. I have recommended him to my neighbors as well & they have all had similar fantastic results
Norma in Milton, GA – Jan 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Taylor, MD?
My regular dermatologist retired recently and I found Dr Taylors's name in local newspaper. Initial visit was fine but he did a biopsy and found basal cell carcinoma which he removed later. I was very unhappy with the length of the incision since it was a small area and needed only one procedure to remove. But the cut was ugly and bloody. I never experienced this type of result with Mohs ever. Nurse removed sutures but he never came to see results. I consider this unprofessional and uncaring.
GA – Jan 11, 2019
We are so sorry you were unhappy with your visit....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Taylor, MD?
I was diagnosed previously with melanoma on my face 3 years ago. Didn't have Moh's surgery. Dr. Taylor and his great staff treated me like family. Had a day long procedure involving 2 passes with @ 60 stitches. He is one of 2 Dr's in ATL that perform Moh's on melanoma same day. After 3 months, scarring is very minimal, and I hope to be cancer free.. Great surgeon, great demeanor, easy to talk to. Describes his plan and does exceptional work. Plus.. Great support staff too.
RTerrell in Buford – Oct 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Taylor, MD?
He is the best doctor I visited that’s why I rate him 5 he prescribed the right medicine for my face ears and neck due to severe side effect of prednisone that the medical practitioner from Spring Texas prescribed last March from simple eye allergy it turn out to be worse ; it took me almost two months to have that symptoms it was the best decision we made to visit Dr Taylor or else my condition is still worse from one doctor to another . Thank you so much Dr Taylor
Perla in Johns creek, GA – May 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Taylor, MD?
I had my first visit with Dr. Taylor yesterday and it was a very pleasant experience with him and his staff. They took me on time, Dr. Taylor gave me all the time I needed, answered my questions and offered some very useful advice. He was in no rush to get our apt. completed, a refreshing experience. I'm highly recommending him to anyone in the area. Mike Kindregan
Mike Kindregan in Alpharetta, GA – Feb 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Taylor, MD?
An honest, intelligent and very kind physician. His post Mohs results are excellent! He spends quality time with his patients, never seems rushed or frazzled and genuinely cares for his patients. I cannot recommend him more!!!
Ashley in Georgia – Feb 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Taylor, MD?
The office is clean & inviting. Front desk personnel was friendly and knowledgeable. I was seen at my appointment time also. The back office staff was professional yet put me very much at ease. Dr. Taylor was superb!! He was knowledgeable & professional. He explained so that I understood & told me what we needed to watch & what we needed to take care of. I had my treatment the next day in a most comfortable, professional and encouraging atmosphere. I am a retired medical office manager.
Sharon in Roswell, GA – Jan 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Taylor, MD?
Dr. Taylor is wonderful! His schooling is impressive and proves to be quite knowledgeable, even about different specialties. He offered me knew options for my condition that I didn't know were available despite seeing a different dermatologist just 2 weeks prior. My last dermatologist didn't ever seem to have time or patience for my questions. He is patient, thorough and well mannered. He seems genuine and his office is lovely. I highly recommend him.
Alpharetta, GA – Jul 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Taylor, MD?
Such an impressive physician! Gave me a thorough exam, treated several age spots and found a small basal cell behind my ear. Getting Mohs surgery with him next week. Will absolutely recommend everyone to him!
Susan in Alpharetta, GA – Jun 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brent Taylor, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Taylor?

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for South Carolina

Frequently Treated by Dr. Taylor

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Taylor treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Taylor treats other conditions, please contact the office at (844) 986-3376.

Mohs Surgery

Mohs surgery is a procedure that treats some types of skin cancer by removing a precise amount of tissue in order to remove cancer cells while sparing as much healthy tissue as possible.Compare with other Mohs Surgery specialists.

Dr. Taylor typically treats 98% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Excision, Shaving, or Destruction of Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue (incl. Mohs Micrographic Surgery), Tissue Transfer
Mohs Surgery

Dermatologic Oncology

Oncologists diagnose and treat cancers of the skin, including melanoma, basal cell carcinoma, and squamous cell carcinoma.Compare with other Dermatologic Oncology specialists.

Dr. Taylor typically treats 87% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 9 conditions and procedures

Skin Cancer
Basal Cell Carcinoma
Excision of Skin Lesion

Cosmetic Dermatology

Cosmetic dermatologists diagnose and treat condition of the skin that affect appearance, such as age spots, wrinkles, unwanted hair, and acne scars.Compare with other Cosmetic Dermatology specialists.

Dr. Taylor typically treats 66% more often than similar doctors

• Adult Acne
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Ambulatory Phlebectomy
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Microneedling
  • Mohs Defect Reconstruction Surgery
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Mole Removal
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection
  • Superficial Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Tinea Versicolor
  • Varicose Veins
  • Warts

Dr. Taylor accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Taylor has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(864) 920-5731Find providers who accept this insurance

We are a comprehensive dermatology practice dedicated to providing the highest level of expertise in medical and cosmetic dermatology, skin cancer treatments...Read more

Dr. Brent Taylor grew up in Atlanta where he attended Marist School and was valedictorian. He graduated Magna Cum Laude in three years from Harvard College...Read more

• Dermatology